[Interest Check] Though the Soul May Die, the Legend Still Burns (Burn Legend)

So, Shards of the Exalted Dream is out, and awesome. It includes a whole new system called Burn Legend, which is a simple system to model kung-fu movies/fighting games. So I think we should have our own little Tournament. Someone(s) could volunteer to ST, but it would probably be easier for each match to have a referee so that the onus isn't all on one person.

In brief, the setting is modern Earth with a fusion of the cosmologies of Kung fu Buddhism and Exalted. There are the Mugen, spirited warriors of great puissance; Akuma, fighters tainted by the demon Yama Kings; Yamajin, those who have taken the techniques of the Yama Kings for themselves; The Ryuujin, elementally empowered martial artists who protect the spirit realm; Tennin, warriors that have made a pact with the Shinma for the power to fight demons; and Shinigami, champions of death sent by the wounded Earth to avenge its spiritual wounds.

Every four years the Burn Legend Tournament is held. Well, held isn't entirely the right term, it occurs. Fighters from around the globe are tapped, and given the name of another fighter that they are to defeat. The rumor is that the victor has a chance at immortality, but whether that is just an analogy for fame no one knows.

This tournament would be as serious as a fighting game, so weird or jokey characters are cool. If you want to be Akuma Lady Gaga or Shinigami Richard Nixon, by all means please.

I was thinking everyone gets another character's name, and then we figure out some dice roll to determine where/when they find them, which could possibly lead to three-way battles as two people find their target at once in Central Park or somesuch. When you defeat someone, you take their target. How about, you declare where you are, then you roll some dicepool to decided if you find your target. If you succeed, you travel to where your target is, and if they were successful, you follow them to their target as well, and you could be followed.

Plus me that makes 4. If we are all antsy (which we are) we can scrap whatever travel mechanic I was blabbering on about and just have a 4v4 round robin.

e/ by 4v4 I mean 1v1 in a 4x4 round robin. herp derp

That is excellent Momo (for the DCU)... I suggest you post an official thread in Roleplay Submissions, list the players, and say that we're all set. Then Miz and Dark Wizard will work with you to make the forum. :)

Tournament to start is good, followed by proper game.

Like the evolution of real fighting vidya!

Game 1: Fun fightan game

Game 2: Fun fightan game with actual plot

Game 3: What is this I don't even

Users who are viewing this thread

Back