Other Inspirational Quotes Thread?

Chilly

-=♥ Try Me ♥=-
I'm in the mood to be inspired.

Quotes can either be made up from yourself, or actual quotes. I don't really care.

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door." - Milton Berle

Writer's block? I've heard of this. This is when a writer cannot write, yes? Then that person isn't a writer anymore. I'm sorry, but the job is getting up in the fucking morning and writing for a living.
Warren Ellis

I like the quote I put in my signature a lot. It means quite a lot to me since it was on the card the family got when my grandmother passed away.

"Life is endless, love is eternal. Death is only a horizon, and a horizon is only a limit to our vision."

One of my all time favorites:

"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don't even start. This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days. It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision. It could mean mockery—isolation. Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you'll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine. If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.' - Charles Bukowski, Factotum

"No matter how right your words are, you have to actually carry it out in order for them to have any meaning."

"No matter who or what you are, once you are born into this world you have the right to live!"

I love these lines, spoken by Lloyd in the game Tales of Symphonia.

"The flow of time is always cruel..its speed seems different for everyone, yet nobody can change it, one thing that does not change through time is memory of younger days" legand of Zelda ocarina of time

I really like the quote in my signature - "Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt." - Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse Five

I also really like this one: "You're alive... That means you have infinite potential. You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change. Potential. Once you're dead, it's gone. Over. You've made what you've made, dreamed your dream, written your name." - Neil Gaiman, The Graveyard Book

"An army needs more than a hero. It needs a cause."

This is one of the things a priestess of the Chantry can tell you in Dragon Age Inquisition at the end of an amazing cutscene that still brings chills down my spine. What she says exactly depends on the stuff you tell her before that scene, but I recall her saying this one the best.

"He tossed my Salad like his name romaine."- John Lenon, 1992

Totally Joking.

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen" - John F. Kennedy

motivation-19.png

"If you don't get what you want, you suffer; if you get what you don't want, you suffer; even when you get exactly what you want, you still suffer because you can't hold on to it forever. Your mind is your predicament. It wants to be free of change. Free of pain, free of the obligations of life and death. But change is law and no amount of pretending will alter that reality."

"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

"Not even Jupiter can find a lost opportunity"

It means that once something is done, it's done, and not even the king of the gods can take it back, so you should be careful about the choices you make

"A true soldier does fight because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" -G.K Chesterton

"To die is nothing, but to live defeated is to die daily" -Napoleon Bonaparte

"To like is to want, but to love is to give" -Unknown

"It is more important to master the cards we have, than to complain about the ones our opponents were dealt" -Unknown

"True love is when the other's happiness matters more than your own" -Unknown

Last edited by a moderator:
DO IT! Just DO it! Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow... so just DO IT! Make your dreams come true! Just DO it! Some people dreams success while you're gonna wake up, and work HARD at it! Nothing is impossible! You should get to the point, or anyone else will quit, and you're NOT gonna stop there! No, what are you waiting for!? Do it! Just... DO IT! YES you can! Just do it! If you're tired of starting over, STOP giving up.
Shia LaBeouf

shia1_3324557b.jpg

TheWolffe said:
DO IT! Just DO it! Don't let your dreams be dreams. Yesterday, you said tomorrow... so just DO IT! Make your dreams come true! Just DO it! Some people dreams success while you're gonna wake up, and work HARD at it! Nothing is impossible! You should get to the point, or anyone else will quit, and you're NOT gonna stop there! No, what are you waiting for!? Do it! Just... DO IT! YES you can! Just do it! If you're tired of starting over, STOP giving up.
Shia LaBeouf

shia1_3324557b.jpg
...I broke down on the floor crying... of laughter

Awesome, I have a whole document full of these :)

"Quitters never win, and winners never quit."

This one is a bit less inspirational, but no less poignant:

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

Gotta' have that Bob Marley though! "Possessions make you rich? I don't have that kind of richness. My richness is life, forever."

Probably not all that inspirational, but I feel it holds some meaning... Excuse me for not being very good with words though >~<

What would there be, if not a dream or goal? A blank world, waiting for its inevitable end.
Kiyoko Tomoe

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there — on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

- Carl Sagan

And a quote from myself, that ties in what Sagan says, to how it affects me.

"Take heart in the fact, that your world is only a small slip of the universe. You might as well hold nothing back and live to your fullest. And if you don't end up becoming everything you wanted to, then that's okay, because in the end, it really didn't matter anyway."

- Myself

This is freeing and at the same time, comforting to me.

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow through are no indication of my future performance, their just healthy little fires that are going to warm up my ass.

Let me think about the people that I care about the most. And how when they fail or disappoint me I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them - let me extend that generosity to myself.

Let me find and use metaphors to help me understand the world around me and give me the strength to get rid of them when it's apparent that they no longer work.

Let me thank the parts of me that I don't understand, or are outside of my rational control, like my creativity and my courage. And let me remember that my courage is a wild dog. It won't just come when I call it, I have to chase it down and hold on as tight as I can. Let me not be so vain to think that I'm the sole author of my victories and a victim of my defeats.

Let me remember that the unintended meaning that people project on what I do is neither my fault, nor something that I can take credit for. Perfectionism may look good in his shinny shoes, but he's a little bit of an asshole and nobody invites him to their pool parties.

Let me remember that the impact of criticism is often not the intent of the critic, but when the intent is evil, that's what the block button is for.

Let me not think of my work only as a stepping stone to something else. And if it is, let me become fascinated by the shape of the stone."

--Ze Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back