• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ► Insignia: Quests ◄

Ophelia Sinclair
Quest: Protect The Boss

Quinn's appearance is been uncalled for; unexpected but duly noted as the Duke gives his approval, rubbing his hands together the way a merchant would when presented with an offer falling all too much in his favor. Ophelia chooses to ignore it and instead, focuses her attention on the two white doors before her. The servants hurry to open it and sunlight filters in from opened windows. Curtains fluttered in disobedience and standing at the window frame, one leg propped up while the other dangled off the other side, was Jasmine Alabrah. Ophelia doesn't fail to catch the gasp which leaves the Alabrah heir's lips as their eyes met.

"Jasmine! Get away from there this instant!" the Duke shouts, short legs stomping their way over. Jasmine's eyes--full of life, full of determination--narrow as he nears. Her hands clutched around the thick rope which dangled down the window and with defiant silence she throws herself off the frame.

Ophelia doesn't even wince as the servants gasp and the Duke yells in frustrated exclamation. She flickers her attention to Quinn instead, knowing her to catch the babe before anyone else can.

Interactions: Quinn Elenion Aura Elenion Aura | Mentions: None

Last edited:
no slide

Bennett Miles
Bennett had been up before the sun could dare to peek from the horizon. The sky was the darkest shade of navy blue and the male was dressed, clean and wide awake. His roommate was a different story but luckily for him, Ben had lived most of his days up before the rooster crows; his body well adjusted to the maneuvering in the dark of dawn.

"Morning Ori," Bennett whispered to his roommate in hushed excited volumes. The sun was finally stretching its rays across the sky, painting it with streaks of orange and light shades of indigo. "Breakfast is on the table. I gotta go now. Bye!" He told him before he left, as though in a hurry.

Before he left for Requiem, it was a habit for him to get up and help his mother with breakfast after his morning chores. Cooking for one person was unheard of in his family and the fact persisted even now.

Closing the door behind him, the blue-eyed male made a run down the hallway, greeting the janitor he passed by with a loud 'good morning!' and receiving a grunt in response. With his anima in use, he reached there in no time and without harm (minus almost crashing straight into Louis' door but he had stopped just millimeters before impact) but found that Louis was not in after knocking persistently on the door a couple times only to be greeted with an angry, 'LOUIS ISN'T HERE!' shout from inside. He laughed nervously and quickly tiptoed away from the scene, wondering where Louis went.

Maybe he went to my place, he thought as he ran back only to be disappointed. No Louis here. He scratched his head in confusion as he tried to remember where they had set their meeting point. Was it at Louis' place? His place? The entrance? Ben couldn't remember (because how can one remember something that never happened? The two had been so excited, they hadn't even planned it). He ran back to Louis' dorm just in case, but this time, chose not to knock. Unsure of where else to go, Ben did the next most reasonable thing he could think of: He waited.

He waited with his phone in his hands, ready to call his friend for clarification when the sound of his name whipped his attention from his phone to the face he was so familiar with. The boyish smile on his face widened and his eyes lighted up despite the sun's rays still far off from reaching them.

"Sorwy," he laughed, letters in his apology tripping over one another as Louis pulled at his cheeks. He tucked his phone back into his pocket and opened his arms to welcome Sebastian despite his best friend's protests. The duck flew fitfully into Bennett's arms, pecking affectionately at his face with the smooth flat of his beak. Bennett could only snigger, especially when he caught Louis narrowing his large eyes at the sight of them. He failed to register the look as jealousy.

"You didn't wait long did you?" He asked, carrying Sebastian in the crook of one of his arms. With his free hand, he took Louis hand in an all too casual gesture and pulled the male down towards the entrance of the Academy. "Let's hurry before we miss the train. You're going to love the farm," Bennett chattered, ignorant to how the contact he made drew flame-colored hues onto his friend's pale cheeks; to him, Louis always had rosy cheeks. His assumption was baseless and only drawn to conclusion because of his choice in pets.

"I still can't believe you've never been to one before. Didn't your school take you to any for class field trips?" Bennett continued, unlacing his fingers as the public bus drove its way over to the Academy's gates. It always made its rounds on time and its arrival told them that it was exactly 7 AM. He turned and saw the slight furrow of Louis' brow, wondered what was bothering him and easily mistook it as something else.

"Here," he said, handing Sebastian back to Louis. Maybe he was getting sulky because he was holding onto Sebastian for so long. In his mind, that rectified the problem. "Come on, let's go," he ushered the curly brunet onto the bus and they boarded, taking one of the seats at the back.

They talked in low volumes in the bus ride to the train station. An earphone plugged in each of their ears while Sebastian nestled into a comfortably fluffed up position in Louis' lap. When they arrived, light had broken the velvet curtains and the sky paled into cobalt shades. Bennett was reminded of Louis' eyes (well forgetting that his were cerulean) but said nothing of it.

They swapped from the bus station to the train and boarded it after purchasing their train tickets. Public transport was cheap in Requiem, in hopes to minimize the usage of automobiles; with the rising economy, that seemed less than likely.

"Do you want to sleep? I can wake you when we arrive," Bennett offered, having noted the dark bags under Louis' eyes. He wondered why the boy always looked so sleep deprived; the thought of sleepless nights spent on gaming lost on him.

Katerina Vilken
Monster Raid || In Progress
Partner: Quinn Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

tumblr_inline_oe8hngJTmf1tgsn29_500.gif

Katerina found herself bored within minutes. They were just supposed to stand and wait for an attack. The problem was that they weren't even sure if there would be an attack, so they could be waiting all night just for nothing to happen. She silently prayed to the Goddess too hurry up and make something happen; she'd rather die of a tenebrae attack than of boredom and, right now, it seemed as if boredom would be the death of her. She sat down on the ground and waited, still wondering if anything would actually happen. False tips happened all the time, so she wouldn't be surprised if it was a waste of time. She didn't really care since she'd receive her pay either way. Her fingers glided over the blade of her sword and, looking for any weak spots to fix.

An idea popped into the brunette's head: she could practice her metal work while she waited. She carefully separated the hilt of the sword from the blade and then carefully placed the blade on the ground. She began bending the metal, molding it the way a child would mold wet sand or playdough. Her fingers worked nimbly, shaping the metal with ease and precision. Ever since she had first gotten her anima activated, she usually fidgeted with metal whenever she was bored or nervous. Today, she was a lot more bored than she was nervous. She started off by separating the blob of metal into smaller balls of metal. She picked up one ball and began flattening it so that it was a thin sheet, then folded it over onto itself a few times become creating a sharp blade out of it on one end and curving the other end, creating a knife of sorts. She then balled it up again and used a second ball of metal to create thin rods, which she attached to the ball, creating a spider figurine. She messed around like this for a while, making little things to pass the time.

The metal manipulator was pulled out of her little trance by the annoying sound of Quinn's voice. She glanced up from her work and heard the sound of the door creaking. In an instant, she had balled up all of her metal and worked quickly to fashion it back into a hilt. It didn't take more than a few seconds because swords were one of the most common weapons she made. She had spent the last few months working on her weapon-making speed. What good was a weapon maker who took forever to make a weapon? Her practice paid off; she was up with her functioning sword in one hand in under a minute. Her eyes were on the door. It was taking on a great deal of weight. So, she thought to herself. I guess we'll actually get some action after all.

"Lux in Tenebris,
" Kat muttered to herself, holding the sword, ready to take on the monsters that were so desperately trying to get in. The guards did their best to keep the door closed, but it was a futile effort. When the doors finally opened, the creatures flooded in. Her eyes widened, surprised by the sheer number of them. .

"Holy fucking Goddess, you've got to be kidding me!" Why, of all places, were these monsters targeting this rich guy's mansion? She didn't have much time to think about it before she had to start fighting. She was always up for a challenge and this was, if nothing else, a challenge.

Half of the guardsmen went after the large tenebris while the other half either went after the bat-like creatures or the bipedals. Kat saw Quinn shooting arrows at the bats, so she decided to put her effort into slaying bipedals, which was her best option considering she had armed herself with a sword. She advanced into the battle field to the closest bipedal and swung her sword. Much like a knife through butter, her sword made a clean slice through the torso of the creature and it turned into a whisp of smoke. These bipedals weren't the hardest to slay, but they were large in number. She tried making a dent in the crowd of bipedals, swinging her sword forcefully and as quickly as she could. She was absolutely determined to take as many of these down as she possibly could. Or, at least, more than Quinn could take with her stupid arrows. It was an unspoken competition for Kat. She wanted to prove she was better than that know-it-all.

As she cut through the tenebrae, blood splattered onto her. It was dirty work. One of the tenebrae lunged at her and she reacted within the same second, pulling her sword from one tenebrae body and jabbing it forward. There was a repulsive ripping sound as the tenebrae impaled itself onto her sword because of all of its forward momentum towards her. Her nose scrunched up in disgust. Despite that, the adrenaline was pumping through her veins and she couldn't have felt better. While she dislodged her weapon from the dying tenebrae, another swung its arm out at her, its sharp claws out, ready to do some serious damage to the girl's skin. "Motherfu--" This forced her to momentarily let go of the sword to drop down to the ground, effectively dodging the attack. Instead of dislodging the sword, she broke off the hilt along with part of the blade and forcefully stabbed it into the leg of the tenebrae, causing a screech of pain to erupt from its hideous mouth. A guard came to her aid and finished it off. She scrambled to her feet and pulled the remaining part of her blade out, making the monster turn into a wisp of smoke.

By now, Kat was panting. Fortunately, she was starting to see her efforts pay off. A third of the bipedals were going down. Instead of fixing her sword, she made fingers holes on the bottom of the half that was a whole blade, creating bladed brass knuckles for one hand. She shoved her fingers through the hilt of the other sword half, making a matching set for the other hand. Before she had even gotten her fingers all the way through the left one, a tenebrae was attacking her. She used her right hand to punch it as hard as she could. The bladed part of the brass knuckles had gone through the head of the tenebrae; her eyes widened as she hadn't quite expected for it to be so impressingly effective. Unfortunately, this was a horrible time to give herself a pat on the back. Her distracted state gave a tenebris the perfect opportunity to attack her from behind, hitting her with enough force to make her fall to the floor. Kat swore loudly upon impact and forced herself to get back up despite the pain of the blow. The pain fueled her anger and she lunged at the tenebris, punching it with all of the force she could- which was, a lot.

After that monster disappeared, she noticed a figured out of the corner of her eye descending towards her. She ducked in the last possible second, barely missing the bat that flew at her head. "Do your damn job, Quinn!" she shouted angrily to the archer.

300full.jpg

Elizabeth Coben
Protect the Boss

Team: Louis s e v e n s e v e n

tumblr_msq1exjNYC1rmxowoo1_250.gif

▼▼▼

While not the biggest fan of the "invading the poor girl's privacy" idea, Elizabeth knew they had no other option but to barge in the lady's living quarters. They needed to contact the princess if they planned on taking her back to her father in one piece (something told her the princess could beat them both in a fight even without powers). Besides, there was a possibility that the princess might not even be in her room, already soaring through the skies with her prince charming. The mere thought made her shiver. It would be harder to pry the girl away from her boyfriend if she loved him enough to run away with him. That, and she didn't want a furious Sultan ordering to cut off their heads for not bringing back his daughter.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, Princess Jasmin was very much inside the room. Not as alone as she wished. but still present. The thrusting motions between the two bodies made Elizabeth's face turn from shock to horror and turn her back to the...powerful embrace. Her companion had a similar reaction, despite the fact Louis was the kind of teenager who Elizabeth assumed didn't even know what breasts were- let alone sex. It seemed like both young Magisters were just as equally aware and disgusted by the act taking place only mere centimetres away from them. Even for someone who was no stranger to sex, what the two bodies were doing was imply repulsive.

"Princess! I- oh God, it's so slimy- how can one even get their body to turn like that? And how does that thing even fit in there?" Exclaimed Elizabeth in horror, while still trying to be as polite and professional as she could. "I- we would like to speak to you. Not now! You do seem rather...busy."

"Jasmin, dearie, can you tell that servant of yours to leave us the fuck alone so I can-" the woman's speech was cut out for Eliza, who spared herself the details by firmly placing her hands against her ears. "Don't! Please don't say anything. We can leave now, but this is rather important, your majesty."

There seemed to be no more confusion, so Eliza bravely put her hands down and turned to face the princess and her lover. The two women had finally separated themselves and were now clothing themselves with the nearest robes they could find. The raven-haired girl, who she assumed was the princess, stared at her once she'd put on a matching set of blue pants and a top so short it could be a bra, while her platinum haired lover turned her back on them as she buttoned her blouse.

"Who are you? And what is so important you had to barge into my room without knocking?" asked the princess. Eliza would've corrected her and told her Louis had knocked on her door and called for her at least once, had the princess not looked so irritated at being interrupted. "I- well, I first want to apologise for our rude entrance but your father called for us to- hold on. Is that- Bella?"

At this point, Jasmin's companion had turned around and was now staring at the large mirror hanging on the wall as she fixed her blood red lipstick, finally baring her face to the bewildered Elizabeth. Upon hearing her name, the blonde woman turned to face who she thought was nothing but a slave. Just like Elizabeth, she realised who she was speaking to as soon as she saw her face. However, Belladonna was anything but shocked. In fact, she looked rather amused at the bizarre situation they found themselves in.

"Well if it isn't my least favourite cousin! Eliza, dear, always the one to rain on my parade. What are you going to do? Politely ask me to leave and give me a cookie? Ooh, I'm scared." The older girl mocked with a devilish smile before turning to Louis. "And who's this? Is he your replacement for Ethan? Quite a bad touch, if I do say so myself. I'm sure your brother would've been one hell of an addition to our party. Reminds me of you, Jasmine."

"Bella!" Elizabeth exclaimed, placing her hands against her hips and looking up at the taller girl. The genesis prefect briefly turned to Louis, who she assumed was probably incredibly confused. "Uh, Louis. This is my older cousin, Belladonna Coben. Try not to say anything that might upset her, she can be rather mean at times." She usually wouldn't mock a person as dangerous as her older cousin, but she knew Belladonna would never harm family. Regardless of how much she disliked them. Sure, she might be slightly...eccentric, but deep down Elizabeth knew there was some good in her. Right? "First of all, Ethan's your cousin, that's gross. Second of all, this is Louis, my companion. Third of all, we're here to bring princess Jasmine to her father. She want's you back with your fiancee as soon as possible, your majesty."

This statement stuck a cord in Jasmin's heart, or so it seemed. Elizabeth watched in silence as Jasmin groaned and hid her head in one of her silk feather pillows. "I knew it. Can't my father understand? I wan't to marry for love! Not for some stupid tradition that he could very well fix on his own, being the sultan and all. I just wish he would let me marry you, Bella!"

"Yes, I wish so too- wait what? You want to marry me?" Belladonna replied. Her shock wasn't much of a surprise to Elizabeth, who had been to Belladonna's wedding and knew her darling wife, Penelope, personally. There was no doubt that this escapade of theirs was done behind Penelope's back. Betrayal of the worst kind, to cheat on one's spouse was truly the worst thing one could do.

"Oh, how could you do this to Pene? Your own wife, Belladonna! Don't you feel sorry for what you've done?" Elizabeth exclaimed in anger. Her face turning into a light shade of red and her frown becoming more noticeable as she scolded her cousin for her adultery. Belladonna quickly turned to Elizabeth with narrowed eyes and motioned her to keep quiet. But it was already to late. Elizabeth's anger was nothing compared to Jasmin's fury.

"Wife?! You have a wife? You said you were single Belladonna!" Said the princess. "Well, in my defence. Pene and I are in a break for the time being so-"

The next thing she knew, Jasmin was throwing everything in her reach at her blonde lover. Books, bases, genie lamps- everything. Elizabeth froze. Not knowing what to do nor what to say. It seemed like their only way out would be no other than Louis himself.

code by pasta

xg045g.gif

~Kaye Nightingale ~
Quest name: Rats Infestation
Interactions: Kaia Polaris. Polaris. Robbie Skryx Skryx

Kaye's creative juices went over board at the little description Robbie had given about the rat king. She pictured the same thing and on some level she wanted to draw this 'Rat King' but that would be a job for another time, as of know she needed to focus on the task of ridding this warehouse of the rats that festered inside. Hearing the small compliment from Robbie a bashful smile pressed on her lips shrugging her shoulders innocently. "Oh well thank you. I'm sure if you put your mind to it you could be. Everyone has a little bit inside." Kaye explained shrugging her shoulders ever so lightly, her eyes went to her book looking through the pages, looking for the specific cats that she knew would be perfect for this job.

Kaye didn't know Robbie that well, while she knew him in the sense that he was a close friend to her little sister that was about the end of that. They talked from time to time and while Kaye would maybe like to get to know him better she had a feeling that Kaia wasn't wanting that to happen at all.

She wasn't sure why though, but the reason wasn't as big a deal as of know. This little quest would be perfect opportunity to get to know him even just a bit. Not to mention this was a time for her to see her sister outside the classroom.

Following the group[ out she chuckled at the little exchange the two of them had, the two obvisiouly knew each other pretty well. Teasing, pulling each others legs. It was relaxing, entertaining as well.

With the door opened Kaye coughed lightly the dust and dirt from being closed for so long lingering in the air. While Kaye had been thinking the room was going to small, easy to kill the rats it was very easy to tell that the three of them had been rooked. "This is going to take some time..." Kaye trailed off taking a small step foreword just in time to hear Robbie's new nicknames for the girls.

'Nightingals'

Imagintive, in a way, Kaye liked it. It was...Cute.

Kaye was about to voice her like of the new nickname but let out a small squeek of surprise at the sudden rat that went flying the opposite direction. A shiver went down her spine. Rats where not her favourite things in the world, while she liked most creatures. But in the dark at a place like this? It wasn't something she certinaly didn't want to deal with. It was unfortunate that the group didn't have someone here who could produce some kind of fire or soemthing. Kaia's anima would prove useful here though, and just at the thought her sister proved that right away causing a small rat to nearly burst into a puddle of blood before them

Sad, in some way. These creatures wanted nothing but to survive but they had chosen the wrong place to do such a thing. Perhaps there was a way to rid the warehouse of the rats without killing them all.

Even just thinking that, Kaye new very well that wouldn't be the case.

"Just a moment." Kaye spoke towards her sister finally finding the page of the black twin cats with green eyes, tearing the sheet she through it to the ground, the small amount of air caising it to drift ever so sligphtly before the sheet ripped in half. Gestering her hands the paper folded, molded into the shape of the cat beasts. Colour spread from the tips to finish the transformation. With a sigh the cats eyes opened, ready to attack. Rats squeeled around them one attack a nearby one, instantly regretting it as a paw thrashed sending the dead rat into a wall.

"Something is controlling them." Kaye said looking around, her pets stalking around her feet. Preparing herself she drew her spear from her back, ready for any kind of danger. "Perhaps if we go in deeper we can find what is making them attack us so ourtirght. Normal rats would not do this." Kaye admitted as the rats seemed to become more aggresive. It took more concentration to control her two cats but she made due. The cats attacked all the rats they could biting, scratching--working together to get to the hordes. They worked well at keeping them a bit farther away from Kaye as she used her spear to slay the ones near her.

"Perhaps they are attracted to the both of you." Kaye joked thrusting her spear down on a larger rat. "Do you guys think the rats are getting a bit bigger?" Kaye asked the question just as the crowd of rats seemed to run off into the darker areas. The shuffling of there little feet on the ground was still present--they where regrouping or going deeper into the warehouse. "How big is this place?" Kaye panted coming up towards the area Robbie was standing.

Octavius Harred

images

Interaction: Axel s e v e n s e v e n
Quest: Strapple Orchards

One who knows Axel Luxforeas would know that he doesn't mean harm.

Most of the time.

Maybe some of the time.

Certain times?

The male merely patted Mr.Palmer's head a few times before giving its belly a few scratches. Octavius merely nodded along with Mrs Palmer as she went out about how the strapples wouldn't be picking itself. He held onto his basket close before waving at seeming Mr Palmer. Octavius then moved behind before Axel before grabbing another bag of chips before saying to his good friend, "Just in case we starve." He then pulled it open with one hand before setting out into the orchard itself.

As they looked around, they realised that they weren't just engulfed in greenery but flowers of many sorts and colours were planted just as the trees were. It almost seemed strange for a bit as a row of blue Daffodils were planted in a row, as though they were leading the duo down a path. He then noticed another row of flowers, he didn't know their exact name but it was green in colour, planted horizontally across the first path itself. It took him to figure it but after awhile, he realised that Mrs Palmer had actually segmented her orchard in different areas according to types of plants with the flowers acting as a 'barrier' of a sort. The other trees that Octavius assumed bore fruit were all plucked from its branches. Undoubtedly by her workers, considering she didn't look like the type to indulge in manual labour. Also the fact that there were too many to pick from. The only fruits present were the ever growing buds of an early fruit.

"Also, Rex would love friends." The male randomly replied, remembering the comment Axel made on how his Golden Retriever would get jealous at the fact that Octavius was patting another. He then folded his arm, one hand in the fruit basket given to him as he pulled out a chip from the bag asking, "Do you think Mrs Palmer is married? Maybe she's divorced..." He muttered to himself but loud enough for the male to hear. Speaking of maybe she was a widow to how he could have been dead and back to Rex.

Soon enough, they reached a portion of the orchard that ended the trail of pink-coloured flowers and they were greeted with the sight of probably a few dozen strapple trees. Some strapples had ripened and fallen onto the ground, some were still on its branches and some were half eaten on the grass. "We aren't supposed to kill the wolves, okay?" He asked, or more like said to his friend before patting his arm and making his way to pick the remainder of the salvageable strapples on the ground.

large.gif
x QUEST x

The Thief

x STATUS x

In Progress

x LOCATION x

Requiem City

x TEAM x

Zander & Jack

x TAGS x

normal normal

Quest #1: The Thief
Zander watched on as Jack worked his stuff. And it was damn good, at that. He almost pitied the poor bastards for a minute, trapped like fish in a bowl. Then, he remembered that trapped animals were usually the most dangerous. He heard the haggard breaths, the hurried footsteps that could only belong to their invisible thief. The footsteps were getting softer, further away, which meant...

"Jack, watch out!" Zander called out, frantic worry in his voice as he set off in a dead sprint toward his partner, even knowing he had no hope of reaching him before the unseen attacker did. To make matters worse Burt, the insufferable idiot that he was turning out to be, decided to get in his way. Zander felt a brief pang of guilt over hitting an old man, until that old man came at him with a crowbar. Swinging viciously, Burt struck the Genesis Vice President on the upper portion of his left arm, just below the shoulder.

Zander craned his neck instinctively away from the blow, and felt an almost immediate surge as the kinetic energy from the blow was re-purposed within his system. Meanwhile, Burt must've realized just how ineffective his attack had been, because just then all the color drained from his face, and his grip on the crowbar loosened. Zander clamped down on the metal rod with his left hand, holding firm despite Burt's attempts to wrench it free from the younger, stronger man's grasp. Driving the heel of his right palm forward, Zander shoved Burt in the chest, breaking his hold on his makeshift weapon, as well as tossing him to the ground like a weightless ragdoll in a single, simple motion. Burt dropped, and laid there wheezing in the dust, struggling to pull all the air back into his lungs.

Defeated and gasping for breath, Burt cowered at Zander's feet as the Magister-in-training stalked passed the spot where he lay, crowbar in hand. Zander had his eyes set on the newly emerged form of a man wrestling with Jack on the ground. Grabbing the man by his ankle as Jack fought him off, Zander dragged the illegal Anima-user kicking and hollering away from Jack and over to his cohort, tossing one on top of the other, where they landed in a heap of flailing limbs. Burt's crowbar in hand, poised and ready to strike, Zander spoke to his pair of prisoners,

"Hold out your wrists."

Sensing even the slightest hesitation, he brandished the crowbar and reiterated, shouting, "NOW." When they'd complied, he took the crowbar and held it flush beneath their left and right wrists respectively. Then, taking the metal rod in both hands, one hand at each end, with considerable effort, he bent the bar nearly in half, crossing one end over the other until neither man could free his wrist from the other. Satisfied that neither of the men were going anywhere, at least not without having to drag the other along for the ride, Zander leaned down and snatched the coin purse from the once-invisible man's waist, tossing it back to Jack when he arrived.

"So, that's that. Now, what are we gonna do with these two?" He asked Jack, gesturing to the two men on the ground before them, all the while wincing as he rolled his left shoulder back. The dull, throbbing pain in his arm was starting to come back with a vengeance now that the adrenaline from the fight was beginning to wear off. That's gonna leave a mark. He had to hand it to Burt. It was a pretty good shot.

tumblr_inline_nfyxkwgXmq1smn73p.png

q u e s t || the thief

l o c a t i o n || requiem city

t e a m || jack and zander

t a g s || Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Jack was scared, he had to admit. Fighting an opponent that you couldn't see was damn terrifying, especially if they had a concealed weapon or something. This man could easily stab or shoot him, and that was definitely not a comforting feeling.

He felt the invisible man overpowering him, and Jack, a man of average strength, tried to push him off. It became a wrestling match really, both knowing that if they could get the better of the other, their anima would wear off. Jack's forcefield was already flickering, little spots forming in it as if it were the ozone layer. The stranger's hand clasped around his regalia, his heart started to race. Suddenly, he felt the large weight pulled off him, and saw Zander carrying him away.

"Thanks." Jack said, half grateful, and half embarrassed that he wasn't able to handle him as swiftly and easily and Zander handled Burt. "Uh..." Jack cringed at Zander's anima at work. His shoulders doing things that a normal shoulder shouldn't, and it unnerved him somewhat. Shaking his head, he responded to him.

"Well we have to return this money to Mr. Genino, and turn these guys in." Jack shot him a smile. "We did well!"

E N D

Robert Daze
Interactions: Uriah Makomin Makomin Kaia Polaris. Polaris.
Quest: Protect the Boss

He celebrated too soon. That was his mistake, Rob admitted to himself even as he swore at Kaia under his breath, pulling up the collar of his shirt in an attempt to block out the smell. It was no use though and eventually the three of them stumbled out of the carriage. "You," Rob said, scowling playfully at Kaia and proceeding to tackle her to the ground.

Once the carriage had aired out, all four of them climbed into the carriage, both Rob and Kaia a little ruffled from their impromptu scuffle. He wasn't really angry with her, but added this to the mental list of things he needed to get his revenge on her for. At the present moment however, he stuck to trying to get on Jasmine's good side. His heart wasn't in it though. Frankly he was getting pretty bored of this bet, especially when Uriah wasn't even trying anymore. But he was Rob, and he stuck to his bets so he made conversation with Jasmine in the remaining ride.

Just when he thought the quest was about to end, a shout of "Bandits!" interrupted their conversation. Peering out the window, the first thing that caught his eye was the monkey on the man's shoulder. Noticing how Jasmine seemed very pleased at their presence, he shook his head at the girl, more amused than anything else. "You're more trouble than you're worth you know," he said before pushing open the door and hopping out of the carriage, landing gracefully with a cocky smirk on his face. Pretending to brush some dust off his lapels, he strolled forward confidently towards the man who had spoken, paying need heed to the blade he waved around.

"Nice monkey," he said with an evil grin right before he shifted, just a scant couple of feet away from the man who stood slightly taller than him. His clothes tumbled to the floor (landing a bit heavily and with a few clinks if anyone was paying attention), suddenly empty as a large vulture appeared from within the folds of the falling cloth, flapping it's wings straight towards the man -specifically his monkey. Before anyone could react, Rob had the small ape within the clutches of his claws and was soaring upwards, laughter echoing from his lips. But of course since he was a bird, the only sound he made was a particularly smug cawing as the animal squirmed and chattered in his grip.

"Hey!" The bandit shouted, staring up after him. Distracted.

Last edited:
large.jpg

▼​
Interactions: Louis s e v e n s e v e n Orion Smol Birb Smol Birb Zander Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Eliza fancries1 fancries1 Jack normal normal Bob Skryx Skryx
Mentions: None
Quest: The Docks

Bennett Miles
"Bet I can make this ten times faster if I use my anima," Bennett tells Louis and Bob, the three of them huddling near the end of the unloading plank, one crate in each of their hands. There's a pensive look on their faces despite the confident gleam in cerulean eyes. One of them tells him it doesn't sound like a good idea. The other mutters under their breath, something about sounding like Rob and how the evil Pandora was influencing him; Bennett doesn't quite catch the murmurs. He's wondering if he could zip up the ramp without falling off into the sea.

Their chattering is brought to a halt when Zander bellows from above them. The three of them look up, alarmed and guilt ridden. (Ben isn't quite sure why he feels the shame as well.) Despite being from a different affiliate, Zander carries himself like a true leader and it was hard not to fall under his wing. Technically, it is by choice Jack and Ben stayed to help out. The two Pandorans were running errands for their affiliate when they caught the Genesis band helping out with the unloading. Ben, catching sight of his two friends, had went up to them to chat, only to be roped in with the chore.

When Zander finishes his speech, the others depart to continue their jobs. Bennett, however, decides to stand feet firm against the pavement, the small crate wedged underneath his arms tightly. His eyes are trained on the unloading area, ten feet away from where he stood and he licks his lips before he kicks himself off like a swimmer diving into a pool. A streak of pale blue light is left as he zips past bodies. He can feel the heels of his sneakers squeaking each time he changes course to avoid running into someone. It takes him only two blinks of an eye to reach the unloading bay and the crate falls from his arms as he halts abruptly in front of the cargo.

Ben curses a juvenile word under his breath before quickly picking up the crate. His head turns to see if anyone caught his mishap, before casually placing the crate on top of the many others.

superthumb.jpg

▼​
Interactions: Eliza fancries1 fancries1
Quest: The Flame's Resistance

Jasmine Bermout
It is hot, but not searingly so.

The sun's rays is nothing compared to the beating heat of molten wings, each flap bringing a gust of crackling warmth to one's skin, warning opponent's nearby of danger. It burns with swirls of life flaring in each defiant flame; a creature two feet in width and four in length, flies overhead. It opens its mouth, making a gurgling roar; jaws dripping with lava bore dents in the ground as liquid fire melts the dirt. Standing right below it is its summoner, Jasmine Bermout, unmoving and confident that her created beast would never dare harm her. Her hands are crossed over her chest and auburn locks are thrown over her shoulder. Resting on her right hip was a sheathed blade---a slender rapier with the flower symbolizing her name engraved on the hilt. It remains, gratefully, undrawn. This match isn't meant for that; it is meant for Elizabeth and for Jasmine to see just how much the Genesis Prefect had grown.

She points at the dragon she created, one made out of pure molten lava, held together by thick crusts of earth. "Your goal is to stop my mimic from harming those people," she tells her, directing her index finger to the five practice dummies behind Elizabeth. "Destroy it, bind it, distract it. It doesn't matter what you do to get rid of the threat as long as you can assure that all five dummies are safe," she adds, making the task slightly more difficult. Originally, Genesis members need only to destroy her mimic, but Elizabeth is a Prefect and Jasmine trusts in her judgment. She knows the brunette is more than capable.

"Your training starts," she breathes in, her hand falling back towards the mimic and her lips part to utter one falling syllable, "Now."

Last edited:
Bob
The Docks
Interactions: Zander Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , Bennett Aster Aster , Louis s e v e n s e v e n

Bob wasn't entirely sure why he had agreed to this quest. It sounded boring and like a lot of hard work. His two least favourite things. But Zander had decided to take them all out for today and he wasn't going to say no to him. No, he definitely didn't want the vice president of Genesis to have a low opinion of him. So he had sucked it up and felt grateful that at least Bennett and Lou were coming along too. Though Bennett seemed to actually like going on quests, even ones without any excitement that honestly just felt like tedious errands. When his Pandora friend started to talk about using his anima, he tried to warn him off, feeling as if it could only lead to disaster -but just then Zander interrupted their conversation, telling them to get back to work. His booming voice made Bob flinch guiltily, but he stilled dragged his feet going over to the nearest stack of crates.

A blur of blue zips by him, ruffling his hair as Benn puts his anima to use after all. He watched enviously as his friend made short work of the trip, though he snickered a little when Ben dropped the crate. If only he could use his own anima to help himself out here, but he knew that he had no where near the amount of control needed to pick up the crates and settled them where they should be. Even if he could summon enough strength to lift up the heavy crates, he'd probably just end up blowing them into the ocean. Turning to Lou who was still with him, he asked,"Are you gonna try use your anima too?" Lou could probably make it work.

Stifling a sigh, he got resigned himself to the work, crouching down and trying to lift up one of the crates. Except he couldn't. His fingers struggled to slip underneath it and when he finally managed to wriggle his digits under the wood and heave upward, he was caught off guard by the sheer weight of it, sent swaying off to the side from the momentum. "Whoa-!" He nearly knocked into someone.

“Here, I got this one. Go grab another.” Oh. It was Zander. He blushed, embarrassed as the older boy lifted up the crate he had been struggling with so easily. Under his watchful eye, he picked up a smaller crate (that he could thankfully lift) and walked back to the unloading bay, Zander following close behind.

Bob sighed, practically dropping the crate at the designated spot. His arms ached and the sun beating down on his back was making his sweat much more that usual. This was only the fourth crate he had shifted, but already his back and arms were killing him. Stretching his hands high above his head with a groan, he took as long a break as he could until Zander was making his way back again and would probably chew him out for resting so long.

This was going to ache so much tomorrow.

Last edited:
| caius |
b
b
b
quest: protect the boss | interactions: khione ( Aster Aster ) | status: in progress
Caius was already anxious about failure before he and the shorter girl had even arrived at the castle. It was seen in the way he was wringing his hands together, over and over in a white-knuckled grip. His teeth were worrying sharply at the inside of his lower lip, until he bit down too hard and he winced slightly as the coppery taste of blood overwhelmed his tastebuds. He'd tried to lessen his nerves --- they really wouldn't aid him on the mission --- but it'd been futile and not even the calming presence of Khione by his side could make him less tense.

The structure --- all the blonde could think was castle --- was massive and impressive, he noticed seen as how it was impossible not to. Built from stone bricks that seemed to be chipping with age and decorated with flags that bore the family's colors, it was rather intimidating for a building. He didn't have much time to examine it, because soon movement was drawing his pale eyes away. The Duke and, who Caius assumed was the trouble-causing daughter, stood outside next to a sleek and expensive looking vehicle, along with a few other gentlemen who looked as intimidating as Caius' father. Which was to say, very much so.

His hand briefly drifted to rest on the small of Khione's back, before it was pulling away just as quickly as it had settled. "Magisters," Duke Alabrah greeted with a soft nod of his head. He'd opened his mouth again to speak, but was caught off by angry mumbling from the leggy red-head beside him. He turned his head and replied with venomous words, before he was turning back to face the two newcomers with a forced smile. "Thank you for taking this task up. I'll be providing you with transport, but your job is to make sure my daughter," The word was followed by a pointed glare at the fiery-haired woman. "Doesn't somehow escape."

Caius simply nodded his head and when prompted, he aided the daughter of the Duke into the car and sat on the right side of her, leaning heavily against the door to avoid physical contact. It made him anxious enough to be there, but he didn't want to touch anyone that was foreign if he could help it. The red-head was already grumbling where she sat, looking around as if assessing how to escape and when, but Caius was more than onto her and he watched her every movement, his eyes drifting to his partner on the quest only a few times in the span of a few minutes. The two men at the front of the car sat wordlessly, the atmosphere filled with tension by the daughter of the Duke as she rattled on and swore about the man she was betrothed to.

4866b42d33e1e369739976c287c7bdf0.jpg

▼​
Interactions: Caius dwale dwale
Quest: Protect the Boss

Khione Silverblade
Khione wasn't a person who could stand seeing her loved ones hurt. Caius was a prime example.

The bruise on his cheek was impressive. Blue and purple grew darker against the snow-like canvas of his face. There were four darker shadows just below the cut of his high cheek bones; colored indents shaping the knuckles which met at a merciless force. Its shape and size were scrutinized under Khione's gaze and she vowed silently to search for the same red knuckles to deliver retribution. It was funny.

Vindictive was the last word one would use to describe her. This time would be an exception.

"Who did this to you?" she had asked, cupping her palm against his cheek. She winced when he did, despite her gentle touch and watched with a heavy heart as he eased into her caress. The chill of her hand helped to ease the swelling, but no matter how much she prodded, Caius had refused to give her a name. In the end, his wishes were respected and she comforted him instead, easing the pain with her cooled hands and soft touches. When they swelling went down, they parted, leaving to meet their commissioner.

When Khione had heard of the quest details from the Duke, she had felt bad for his daughter but now she was rather conflicted at the... difficult person assigned to them. She nodded and followed in, sandwiching the redhead heir between Caius and herself. The car ride would've been awkward if Jasmine wasn't cursing every so often, muttering under her breath and contemplating her demise. Curious and concerned, Khione asked if she had ever met her fiance and was met with a very bitter and dejected, no.

"They wouldn't even let me see a picture," she had growled, voice fierce but the crease between her brows told Khione she was more worried and afraid than angry. "I bet it's because he's ugly," her face wrinkled in disgust; Khione kept hers impassive. "Or old." Unsure of what to say, the Asian babe held her tongue, suggesting a more positive possibility.

"Maybe he just wants to surprise you?"

Her answer was met with a sarcastic snort, "I doubt it. What do you know anyways?"

At this Khione ducked her head in shame and fell quiet. Jasmine was right. Unlike her, she was given the luxury to choose who she wanted to love, who she wanted to marry. The thought of being engaged to a stranger was terrifying and she empathized in silence, clenching balls of fabric at her skirts.

croppedax.gif

QUEST # 6
ANIMAL FARM

axelimagething.png

AXEL LUXFORÉAS
Team: Ajax Polaris. Polaris.

It would be a miracle if he could have prevented his friend from laughing. As ironic as it may seem, he knew very well that Ajax isn’t supposed to be the laughing type at the very first place. The platinum blonde had always strike him as the type that tells a clown to shut up when he’s trying to sleep, or the type that manages to deadpan from watching a whole series of Two Broke Girls (while occasionally calling Axel gay whenever he watches the show). However, to his out most astonishment, Ajax had never failed to laugh at any single antique Axel has made. He breathes, Ajax laughs. He sleeps, Ajax laughs. He tried to save a baby cow from drowning in its mother’s blood, Ajax laughs. Axel was unsure to whether laugh with him, because let’s be honest; it’s kind of hilarious to be viewed from another’s perspective that isn’t his. But his ego prevented him to do so. When Kai’s name was brought up, however, Axel let his hand do its own job and in a matter of seconds, a poop came soaring into the air and met Ajax’s face. Right at the center. Axel can’t help but be impressed by his own aiming.

Ha ha! Bullseye!” Axel said in triumph as he finally let himself laugh, clutching his stomach and almost tipping backwards to the pile of poop again. “I want to see you flip your coin next time. Maybe it can help you decide whether to evade to the left or to the riiiight-” Axel quickly rose to his feet and made his way over to hide behind Bessie and Axel Junior when he suddenly felt he didn’t need to… All the poop were aimed to the other cows, which all made moos of complain as their own shit made contact with their bodies. The one that was aimed to him, however, were flying on a slow motion rate almost equivalent to that of a snail. “I guess we finally found something that is slower than you,” Axel said, can’t help but still laughs when, without thinking, he decided to grab Axel Junior by its hind legs and used it as a baseball bat to deflect the flying poop right back at Ajax. Bessie made a moo of complain.

Shit- I’m sorry mama cow, you can have your son back, he’s a beauty,” Axel backed away slowly once he learned his mistake, placing the growling calf back with its mother and- right at that moment he felt two warm lumps hitting him by his back. Axel cringed, not even daring to touch his shirt. “Sneak attack huh? Where’s the honor in that?” he said while slowly taking a scoop full of poop underneath the cows, still steaming hot and full of texture, before he aimed it at Ajax. And soon, the warfare began. Axel used the cows as forts, docking poop ammo and using advantage of how crappy (ha ha, punny) Ajax’s aims was, using empty baskets as an ammo loader before he would finally unload them all as a canon at the platinum blonde. If aiding a mama cow on labor was unexpected, getting stuck in a middle of feaces war-zone is a miracle to some people. To Axel and Ajax, however, was simply routine. It was all their friendship in one picture; shitty, but precious. Quite literally at the shitty. Each precious memory, each laughter shared, he wouldn’t give it up for anything in the world, even his own life.

However, when Axel was prepared to unleash his final attack (his bucket full of shit ready in his hand), the door had unexpectedly opened, the farmer’s face appeared at the door and apparently it made a perfect target for Ajax’s shitty anima. His mouth hung open, the effort-filled bucket slipped from his grasp and all he could do for a while was gape at the incoming commotion. He would’ve understood if the farmer decided to fire them; they already broke three of his eggs in addition to nearly killing a fully grown cow and her baby and if that wasn’t quite enough, Ajax had involuntarily made him target practice. Much to his relief –and surprise- the old farmer decided to let them go without any further words. The room fell into silence for a moment, before Ajax snorted and Axel breaking into laughter. Sure, it was messy, but it was fun. He would’ve quit half way through the job if it weren’t for things like these. Who cares about the rewards? Who cares about the efforts? When he’s with his best friend, time seemed to fly faster…even when they were supposedly finished around an hour ago if it weren’t for their fooling around.

The blonde scoffed at Ajax’s statement, snatching the hose from his hand and went to rinse himself, specifically scrubbing his hair from whatever mess his friend has placed upon him. “Wow gee, thank you so much your grace. What would I possibly do without you,” he replied with a chuckle, spraying the water one last time on right on Ajax’s face, mostly for the heck of it, before turning the water off. Afterwards, it seemed like the two boys shared a thought, despite never being spoken out loud. That maybe they really should stop messing around because they weren’t even half way through the job and the sun has already begin to set. Like the two nice kids they are, they got rid of the poop and finished faster than they had anticipated.

Now that couldn’t be too hard could it?” Axel said as they began exiting the cow pen. He frowned. He wasn’t sure on how long they spent their hours having poop war (It didn’t feel that long, really), but by the sight of it the sun had begun to sink, leaving the sky with dim streaks of orange and the air getting significantly colder each second. The blonde was impressed at how long his friend managed to work without complaining for food.

Oh, so now you’re a certified barber. What else, ballet coach? Professional ear-piercer?” he replied with a snort, taking his own razor and looked around for a sheep. But it was simply too dark to see. The blonde hit a nearby switch and a bulb flickered. On and off, rapidly at first, before it remained on a dim state, barely even providing any light besides a gentle pale white that simply indicated that it was on. Axel furrowed his brows, observing it briefly before approaching the bulb. The Syndicate male looked over his shoulder, snorting.

About time you finally ask me that. I made you food back at the dorms but I guess we can eat out later, just bear with it for a while and…don’t eat the sheep,” he said, turning back towards the lamp and snickered. “Watch and learn, sweet cheeks.

Focus…imagine training. Imagine light bulb is shining bright, so bright…brighter than Ajax’s future…

The light bulb flickered once, before it sank into the darkness again. Early on, Axel was confident that he was going to brag at Ajax to how awesome his anima is, compared to the other’s telekinesis… something… whatever that is. He was going to stun his platinum blonde friend with the wonders of his anima… even when it barely does anything anyway. However, in just a matter of seconds panic starts to swell within him.

NO NO NO, lamp don’t fail me now, it’s embarrassing. I’ve got laughed at enough for the day.

A part of him wished that he hadn’t spoken any of those words out loud, because at this point he wasn’t sure what his imagination was and what was real anymore. But much to his relief, the light bulb flickered just a taaaaad bit brighter. At least it did brighten his expression. He looked back at Ajax and smirked. “How do you like that? Cool huh? Praise me, I deserve praising and- SHIT!” he turned towards the lamp, that flickered off the moment he was distracted way too long. He grimaced and tried to bring the light back on, clicking the switch on and off. Still, nothing.

Just what the fuck is this shithole,” Axel grumbled, reaching for his phone instead for flashlight…when a harsh, cruel reality dawned upon him.

Shit Jay, DID YOU DRENCH MY PHONE IN WATER?” he shouted in horror, pulling his phone out, half smelling like shit from the war after effect and, of course, wet. He shouldn’t blame Ajax entirely, really, when he was the one who forgot to place it away, but it felt better to have someone to blame rather than sulking by himself in misery. The first thing he did was, of course, turn it off. And the praying and hoping for the best that it hadn’t short circuited. He sighed, tucking the phone back in his pocket. “Turn on your phone light and place it somewhere in the center or something.

What kind of teen wouldn’t be pissed if their phone got drenched in water, honestly. No matter where you’re from, whatever background you’re raised in whether or not you’ve killed your parents, it somehow still irritated the blonde to some extent. For the first few minutes he worked in silence, shaving the fur out off one of the sheep, a particularly small and short one. But once he had gotten to its head, an idea flickered on his head. Axel glanced back and forth from his sheep to his companion, beginning to shave the sides first, then making his way with making small cuts here and there until he was finally satisfied with his work.

Hey, Jay,” he called over, a smile had returned on his face. “Check this out,” he said, placing the baby sheep on his lap, which made a little baa noise of delight. Its body was shaved clean, but its head remained filled with hair, though unlike its usual fluff, it was replaced by a modern haircut…similar enough to Ajax’s hair. Axel isn’t the best hairstylist, but at least he got the hair color right. “Say hello to your twin brother- sister, something,” he smiled, turning the sheep on his lap to face him.

Axel made a baa noise back at the sheep before planting it a small kiss on its nose. “I’m calling him Ajax 2.0. Such a nice upgrade, is it not?” he said and gave Ajax 2.0 a tight hug, in which the sheep hugged back. Axel laughed and rolled on the ground hugging the sheep. “Aww he likes me! I wish you loved me as much as this sheep loves me, Jay.” Axel turned to face the sheep, holding its face in his hands and stared at its eyes, speaking softly to it. “I wish I could replace him with you, Jay 2.0.

Once he was done playing with his new pet (and once he got enough common sense to proceed in his work), Axel placed Ajax 2.0 down, contemplating whether to cut his hair later or just convince the old farmer to let him keep the sheep as a reward. Beginning to work on other sheep, his mood significantly lightened from the whole sheep ordeal, it didn’t take long until all sheep lost all their fur, turning from adorable fluff balls into…somewhat hideous thin pink beings. Axel wiped his forehead, having a mini heart attack when he realized he still had his razor in hand but then internally thanking the goddess that it wasn’t on. He glanced back and forth, making a mental tally of the sheep…before he realized something. Axel turned to face the door, seeing it hanging ajar, but he knew it was too late. He walked over to his friend, who seemed to be almost done but not yet, and gave him a rapid tap on the shoulder as though he was playing Whack-A-Mole.

Jay jay jay jay. Ajax. Ajax where is Ajax,” he said, before noticing how vague that had possibly sounded. “Ajax! Ajax the sheep! Ajax 2.0! He’s gone.”

coded by:@_707_​

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 4
ANIMAL FARM

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Bennett Miles Aster Aster , Sebastian s e v e n s e v e n

Louis lets the duck fly from his arms, frantically flapping his wings at the sight of his master’s best friend. It was odd, really, how Sebastian differentiated who was good and who wasn’t. Like people say, animals tend to have a sixth sense somewhere. It somehow made him happy, that it seemed like Sebastian is very fond of Bennett, yet it somehow made him jealous… Jealous over a duck? That is beyond pathetic. The Genesis boy tried to maintain his composure, looking chill with the idea of his duck...eating his best friend’s face. If only that was me. Louis shake the thought away, feeling the blood rush on his cheeks. When did he start feeling like this? He wasn’t quite sure. Simply on one normal day, the idea of best friend slowly shifted towards romance, and that’s exactly when he knew it was possibly the end of him. He busily tried to mess with his own hair, brushing it backwards with his fingers as a way to hope that Ben hadn’t seen any significant change on his skin tone.

Before he even got to reply, however, he felt a hand catch his almost way too casually and start dragging him down the stairs, towards the exit of the Academy. Holding hands…isn’t this what couples do? Just when Louis thought he had gotten over his ridiculous blushing, the act simply intensified it. But of course, he hadn’t quite anticipated that when it seemed like they were going to walk hand in hand towards the exit, it would be more of Ben dragging him towards the exit. One guy who literally has running as his anima versus Louis, who preferred doing finger exercises on the computer and hisses at the thought of moving. Perhaps that’s why he had the Earth anima instead- so he could let the ground carry him instead of moving. Neat.

Too fast, too fast- BEN! MY FRAGILE LEGS CAN’T TAKE IT,” he tried to warn, but he doubted his friend could hear him over that [i[nyooom[/i]-ing.

In a matter of seconds, they stood in front of the gates, the bus making its way towards them. Right on time, never late. Being asked the question, Louis tried to catch his breath, frowning slightly at the other brunette. When he was handed Sebastian back towards him, however, Louis gave him a perplexed look, but accepted the duck anyway, who seemed reluctant to leave Bennett’s grasps. He followed Bennett into the bus, and once he caught his breath he could answer.

Nope. Never a farm. That’s a shame though, I’ve always wanted to go to one. School used to take me only to factories and stuff, teaching us how things were made and looking all those fancy robots thingy magic,” he said, and for a brief moment a flash of sadness overwhelmed him. True, it was back then when he still goes to overly prestigious schools due to his family status. It was back when his family was complete, before the gun shot was fired. He talked to Ben still, but somehow he felt his mind was somewhere else… Perhaps he just needed more sleep. Thankfully, just a few minutes later Sebastian made a real loud quack!, and Louis instantly snapped out of his dwelling. “Oh- did I pluck your feather or something?” he said, checking around on the duck, but Sebastian simply shook his head. The duck pointed towards the window and made yet another quack.

What what? I- oh.” The bus ride has ended. Soon, the trio were making their way onto the train. As the journey goes, he felt his eye lids getting more and more heavy with each passing minute. Sure, there were still so much things they could be talking about, like Louis just randomly shouting at how big the mountains are and that he didn’t know that they still sell food on trolleys on the train (it’s just like that time on Happy Potter!). Perhaps this was due to Louis rarely using public transports, back then having a driver of his own and right now he rarely goes out all the same anyway.

At the offer of sleeping, he quickly shook his head. He woke up early, just to see Bennett, and now he’s going to sleep? “Nah, not going to miss the view,” he said, contemplating whether he meant the view as the legit view outside the window or the view right in front of him. But soon, however, sleep deprivation kicks over and he felt himself slowly nodding off, especially when the silence starts to make its way after a few minutes into the ride. And the next time he blinked was onto the sight of Bennett’s face looking down at his, shaking him awake with Sebastian just peeking by the corner. It seemed like he had finally fallen asleep, on Bennett’s lap. He quickly jolted awake, looking back and forth and seeing that the train had stopped. Not much time to exit. He felt a tinge of regret at spending his trip with Ben that way. Sure, they see each other at the academy all the time and every second of the day. But this was their first quest together, and he slept. Shouldn’t have spent the night chasing after that MMORPG event. Shouldn’t have spent the night role playing on Discord. But truth be told he’s going to do it again tonight.

I’m sorry, I’m so sorry,” he quickly jolted awake as he scooped up Sebastian in his arms. They began making their way out the door before the train moves out again. “How long has I been sleeping? Ugh can’t believe I missed everything, and- ” Reality dawned upon him. He had been sleeping on Bennett’s lap. That is what couples do, right? But of course, Louis had a thing for saying stupid stuff. “I’m sorry your lap had to bear with that- people say my head is kind of heavy,” he stated, before realizing how stupid that may have sounded. Afterwards, they stepped out of the station, and it felt like they were in a whole new world. No more looming buildings, no more cars going to and fro. Just a bunch of Hobbit-like houses, painted in identical roofs and having identical circular doors. It was cute, Louis half expected a dwarf or something to come out of it. And that, of course, he says out loud, because everything and anything he has in mind he’s obliged to say.

It looks like dwarf houses- that man looks like a dwarf” he bluntly pointed at one of the running man, who shot him a glare. It seemed like a peaceful village, a bunch of people playing basketball by a court, some women happily tended to their lovely gardens. It was a village worthy of a fairy tale. Louis looked around, checking for an address. “Should be around here somewhere…” he muttered. The pair walked over until they found the address he was looking for. He knocked on the door. “Excuse me!” No answer. Do anyone still even answer to door knocks these days?!

Hey!” Louis banged on the door some more, growing impatient.

Sheesh kid, whatever are yeh doin’?” A voice came behind them, and there was an agely man, carrying a basketball by his hand and his brows furrowed to a frown. One of the players he’s seen before. However, something about him was…strikingly familiar.

Hi, uh, we’re from the Academy and I’m just looking for the owner of this house- HOLY SHIT!” Louis’ eyes widen, without thinking pointing his finger at the old man. “You’re that guy from the Starapple Orchard!

The old man seemed unwavered from the comment and begin bouncing the basketball upon the ground nonchalantly. “Have no idea what yer yappin’ about. And ye, I’m the owner of this house. Whaddya want?

Uh…we’re here for the quest…because we heard you were sick…” Louis started. At that the man’s eyes widen, the ball rolling away from him. Then in a matter of seconds he begin coughing like crazy.

Bad case of chicken pox, sonny! You don’t want to have one of these!

Louis glanced back and forth from Bennett to the man. “But I thought you said you had swine flu…

The old farmer stayed quiet again, before continuing his coughing. “Ugh, swine flu got me head mixed up. My cows need to be milked. My pigs and chickens need to be fed. My eggs need to be collected and my sheep needs to be sheared. Please help this old man out.

Louis was close to just back away and ditch the quest, but the idea of doing so in front of Bennett seemed so…ungentlemanly. And besides, then again, this was their first quest. Might as well make it worthwhile. Think of the memories, Lou. Think of the experience…and the rewards. Hesitantly the brunette agreed, his arms subconsciously crossed by his chest.

Fine, we’ll do it,” he muttered. The old man grinned.

Thank son! I promise you that it would be worth it.” he said before running back to perhaps continue his game of basket. Louis sighed and turned towards Ben. “Well…how bad could it be?” he said, before glancing over the farm and cringed. Mud was everywhere, chickens and pigs mixed together as though they were longtime friends. He had no idea where the cows were. There would be many to do, Louis winced at the thought. Working, ew. But he had Bennett by his side, that made it bearable.

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 3
PROTECT THE BOSS

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Elizabeth Coben fancries1 fancries1

In Louis’ imagination, catching the princess with a male lover would be hard. This would come back to Disney’s movie animation, where a prince Ali would sweep her feet off the floor, carrying her onto the magical carpet and then they will live happily ever after. Prying her off her love of her prince charming would be difficult, changing her sexuality is impossible. Who knew that the only daughter of Duke Alabrah is gay? A guilt nudged at his heart. Forced marriage is bad enough, but forced marriage when you’re homosexual? Louis could never imagine being forced into marrying a girl. But this guilt is quickly overwhelmed with disgust.

It’s all a bad dream, it’s all a bad dream…

While being gay may be a major contributing factor, but Louis didn’t feel like he would overly appreciate witnessing two males in action anyway. From the sounds of it, his partner seemed to be just as horrified a he is, perhaps even more. And Louis certainly did not want to know whatever that thing was. At this point, Louis already had his back towards them, his eyes shut as he tried to think about happy thoughts… yeah happy thoughts. Playing video games up all night, effectively avoiding all things slimy…The brunette gave a little shudder at the thought.

Soon enough, composure seemed to return to the room, and slowly the Genesis male began to turn back, his eyes half lidded and hands ready in case anything happened. When the two women seemed to be clothed, however, and Louis could sigh in relief and lower his hands. One of the women with the raven dark hair, her feature baring hints of Arabic ethnicity he assumed was the princess. Even with him playing for the other team, Louis can still admit that she’s very lovely indeed. Her gracefully sculpted face, her sharp gaze and her plump lips; it was a face worthy of a princess. Her partner, however, was supposedly equally beautiful. With her silvery platinum hair, her pale porcelain like skin…it almost reminded him of a certain someone he used to know. Someone from way the back of his head…and when Eliza spoke again, however, it was as though all his nightmares was confirmed.

Bella?” Louis glanced back and forth from his friend to the platinum haired beauty standing in the middle of the room. “Belladonna Coben?” News travels fast among the rich and wealthy. The rise of Belladonna Coben as head of the family, her marriage to a non-royalty Penelope Hottle…he recalled of seeing her at least once on an occasion, she seemed like such a sweetheart. Louis had no idea what she was doing with a girl like Bella…money perhaps? The brunette couldn’t be sure, but all that he knows: she’s married.

Listening to Bella speak was close to listening to Sebastian. Close. They had the same drawling voices, the same sly sneer, though perhaps his own cousin has been more notorious of his sharp tongue while Bella had notably been more elegant in her insults. When he heard that he was compared with Ethan Coben, Louis flinched slightly. That devil incarnation. If he had hated Kaia or Robert, it was nothing compared towards his hatred of Ethan Coben. Without thinking, he spoke out “Quite an upgrade, if I do say so myself,” even after being told not to upset the woman. What can he say? Louis acts before thinking, and even if he regrets it seconds after, he tried his best not to show it. Soon, however, the worst had happened and everything he feared was brought to reality.

Of course it was yet again another set up marriage, like how all fairy tales began. It’s really sad to how they weren’t allowed to marry for love for the sake of family name, wealth, or any stupid trivial matters like that… it would have been a fairly sad moment, if it weren’t for her sudden love confession towards Bella. And adding to the hilarity, it seemed that even Bella didn’t know about that. Louis wondered if it would be overly rude to laugh now, especially considering the peeking of his partner’s rage. If there was anything he learnt; never- NEVER interfere with a girl’s rage. Having a younger sister himself, he knows more than well about that. When the princess started losing her temper and throwing everything and anything at the platinum blonde, he knew it was time to act. Act what? He doesn’t know. But since when does Louis ever think?

Princess, please, put that-” he began, but all he got from that was a pillow (thank lord it’s just a pillow) thrown over his head. Louis shared a look with Eliza and gave her a shrug. It would be better if the Duke hadn’t known, so they might have to deal with the two women as fast as possible…but what can they do? Louis’ anima was useless on second floor and Eliza’s anima…well, isn’t that just way too cruel? Louis would never. As Jasmine was distracted on finding more things to throw (and Belladonna cowering in the corner), Louis shared another look with Eliza, glancing back and forth from her and the blankets laid on the floor. This is crazy, but it’s the only way. Since when aren’t his methods crazy anyway? Most of the time it…didn’t work. Let’s just hope this isn’t most of the time.

In three,” he said, assuming his partner already understood what he meant. “One, two…

Three!

The pair lunged forward, taking the blankets and spread it wide before they tackled the raging princess to the ground… “Let go- let go of me! Guards- umph!” Jasmine complained before Louis tucked her further within the blankets, pinning her still between him before rolling her like a burrito in the sheets. Louis shot her an apologetic look. “Liz, help me carry,” he said taking her from the legs. One two three- oof! The princess became a flying burrito. Louis made a face as he began walking towards the door. “Smells like fish here- why does it smell like fish?

However, before he proceeded, he remembered something. The brunette turned to look back in the room, catching Belladonna half way out from climbing out the window. “Oh no you don’t,” he said, instantly turning and leaving Jasmine and Eliza behind, who made an oof! sound when he dropped her legs to the ground. “I’m sorry Bella, but you have to come with us,” he said, taking her by her wrist and pulling her over. “You see…you have some convincing and confessions to make,” he said, nodding towards the tied up princess. “Or else…” he began, reaching for his phone. He didn’t fancy threatening a royalty. Though his family was very prestigious itself, he was…sort of an outcast. Who he’s speaking with, however, was the head (unbelievably enough) of the Coben family. But he felt like there is no choice. Besides, what Bella did to her wife is unforgivable. There was no reason to pity the blonde. He waved his phone screen in front of her face, featuring a phone contact he never wanted to use. When he usually used it solely for prank calls with his duck, finally it seemed to come in more use. And he bet she doesn’t know that he’s related to that guy. Louis almost sniggered in anticipation of the surprise that would be brought on her face the moment she figured out his surname.

You really do not want me to call Sebastian for you to tell him what you did.

Bobbi Brown
PROTECT THE BOSS
Interactions: Axel s e v e n s e v e n

Genesis barbecues are fun and light-hearted. The whole affiliation is here, laughing and talking, and she can probably name every face she sees. Some Pandoras and Syndicates have snuck in but no one minds all that much. It feels like family and she doesn't bother smothering her laughter at Zander and Jens arguing at the grill and smiles at the two girls standing beside her, Jas and Maya pausing their conversation about something happening earlier that day to crack a joke. She listens idly to their words, appreciating the detail of her dreams. She wonders if the incident they're relating is some long forgotten memory of hers or just another thing made up by her mind to convince herself this is real. But then a passing student stops beside her, shaking her shoulder and speaking with a voice that is decidedly not his. Shrugging him off, she tries to hang onto the conversation. However when the school bell starts to ring, loud and persistent, she gives up and gives in. She opens her eyes.

Bobbi rubs the sleep from her eyes drowsily, letting loose a lazy yawn, promptly causing the driver to yawn as well. He looks a bit angry, eyes glaring as he stares at Axel who's just gotten out of the car. Understandable, really. She's feeling a little grumpy towards her fellow Elite too for waking her up, but she's feeling annoyed at the world in general at the moment -sour at being pulled from her dreams- and doesn't like the way he glares at him. So she just looks at the man and says, "That was a long drive. Why don't you take a nap?" By the time she's out of the car he's already snoring loudly.

"A hot girl, eh? How scandalous." She teases Axel, shutting the door softly. "Are you calling dibs now or are we flipping a coin?" Together they walk up too the gates, Bobbi telling the guards they were here for the Duke's quest. "Think this will be an easy quest?" she asks Axel as the guards led the two of them into the mansion and into grand hallways with opulent decorations. The carpet they walked on was soft and thick and she was just contemplating how good of a place it would for a nap when they were ushered into a room.

"Greetings, Your Grace," Bobbi inclined her head respectfully towards the man standing by the window as he waves away an attendant. "We're here about the request you sent us."
"Ah, the Magisters-to-be. Yes, sit down," the duke gestures for them to take a seat. Bobbi obliges easily, sinking down easily into the soft velvet couch though she doesn't get too comfortable, wanting to maintain a more professional image. A servant offers the two of them a drink and she takes it gratefully as the duke continues. "Well I'm sure you know the details already. My daughter, Jasmine-" Bobbi nearly spits out her drink at that, choking a little. By the time she regains her composure, the Duke is ending his little speech.
"Well," she paused to clear her throat, still a little raspy. "Rest assured your grace, we'll make sure she gets there safely. Where is...Jasmine now?"
"In her rooms. I'll have Alfred take you up right now."

croppedlou.gif

QUEST # 5
THE DOCKS

2ue2zox.gif

LOUIS BLUTMOND
Team: Zander Elenion Aura Elenion Aura + Beans Aster Aster Skryx Skryx normal normal Smol Birb Smol Birb fancries1 fancries1

Louis wiped his forehead, now soaked in sweat despite the little amount they work. To him, however, it felt as if he had hiked a mountain, fight the dragons and stuff. In his defense, however, they had spent a full five minutes doing nothing but unloading cargos that might as well weigh a ton. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t worked at all, really. In the span of time, the brunette could proudly announce that he had unloaded as much as one and a half cargos- but apparently it wasn’t enough for their affiliate vice president.

Upon being scolded at, Louis sat up right from one of the boxes and jumped down, his attention directly sent towards him, was so close of making a salute like gesture. The Genesis boy had always been fond of his vice president- he might say that there was simply no one else he rather take the spot. Jasmine was perfect as much was Zander was perfect for the spot. It was their affiliation’s papa and mama ‘power couple’. Having the opportunity to work with someone so great, it was honoring. Nonetheless, that scolding simply lasted for a while, the emotions lingering for no more than a few seconds. Soon it was covered up with an overwhelming sense of laziness and never had his eyes been so tempted to close before. Honor? I could’ve been quest grinding on my MMORPG! I could use this time to sleep even! In the next, he was already turning to his friends, Bennett and Bob, who are also coincidentally taking the same task he does.

Seriously Ben, be careful,” Louis frowned as he watched the other begin to unload cargo with his anima. Louis genuinely cares for the boy- seeing him return with bruises and cuts never ceased to make him wince a little, but somehow seeing the joy in the other boy, despite all the casualties, was simply endearing. Then Louis turned to Bob, who suggested he used his anima. If Louis had been mean, he would have snorted. The brunette would like to consider himself kind, if possible, but his reply failed to delete all hints of sarcasm contained within.

Use my anima, wow, why didn’t I think of that?” he asked, but just briefly after noticing the bitterness in his voice, guilt nudged him and the boy covered it with a smile. “My anima is Earth, Bob. It doesn’t work on the ship’s wooden floor,” he stated, but somehow it did give him a few ideas. Louis pushed the crate he previously sat at and heaved it down on the solid ground. Now it’s time. Taking a deep breath, he tried to focus. It was harder with shoes on, so he slid them off and casted them aside for the time being. He felt the ground beneath his feet, gravity under his command, gravels danced under his touch. Up…up…

The initial plan was to shift the cargo towards the point where they were supposed to re-pile them, without having to touch it. Sounds easy, right? But the moment Louis stomped his foot upon the ground, attempting to rise it slightly, a huge hill-like structure sprouted out, springing the cargo flying across the dock, over the ship…and into the water…

For a second or two he stared at the sinking loot with wide eyes, lips slightly hung ajar. Within seconds he regained his senses and began shouting, his hands frantically waving for attention. “Zander! Zander! THE CRATE IS SINKING!

tumblr_ol2cqbZPeH1vkc4n1o1_400.png

q u e s t || the docks

l o c a t i o n || requiem port

t e a m || jack, zander, ben, lou, bob

t a g s || Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Aster Aster s e v e n s e v e n Skryx Skryx

Jack's smile didn't hide the fact that he was thoroughly enjoying his little outing with Ben. Pandora ended up being swamped with work today, so every prefect was out running errands and doing work. He decided to take the freshman boy with him, calling it a little father-son outing, even if Jack was only two years older.

"Hey, Zander!" The duo were pretty much done with their duties, and Jack spotted a few Genesis kids and their vice president working on the docks. Intrigued, and having nothing better to do than return home and flip through social media, he volunteered himself and Ben to help, and here they were.

Jack seemed to wander around the docks and observe the others rather than actually doing anything, under the excuse of needing to finish eating his ice cream. There was only one ice cream parlor in the area that sold the blueberry flavor and he wasn't letting it go to waste.

Taking another lick from the ice cream, he frowned at Zander scolding the younger boys. If he had to guess, he probably was stronger than all of them so moving boxes wouldn't be that easy for them, but they should've been more enthusiastic, right? No enemies to fight, just some boxes that needed to be moved. 'What easy money.'

Jack heard a rumble and saw that Lou was attempting to move the crates using his anima. He raised his eyebrows, surprised and confused, thinking that his earth anima wouldn't help much, especially at his current level. And, well, it didn't work at all. A small hill rose up and lobbed the box over the ship like a birdie flying over a badminton net, much to everyone's panic.

Instinctively, Jack threw his hand forward, his usual method of casting a forcefield that wasn't fixed from his point in space. As the box hit the sea, a forcefield formed around it. It flickered, however, the sign for it growing unstable and its inability to form correctly. Holes like sunspots, growing and multiplying. In a panic, Jack moved the forcefield as much as he could, beckoning it to his current position by whipping his hand back. It dissipated and the inertia caused the box to hurtle over the ship, back towards Jack.

Jack ran to avoid the incoming crash, and heard the destruction behind him as he shielded himself from the flying debris. After a few seconds, he looked back. Wood chips, gold coins, other goods flew out as it collided with the wall. He looked to Lou and Zander.

"Uh. At least it didn't sink!" He was breathing pretty heavily from the physical trauma he just avoided. Soon, he started to feel something missing. Looking around, he spotted his ice cream cone near the destroyed box site, its blueberry goodness splattered all over the floor.

"Goddamnit."

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_dacfx3sxvzksgwcw4kg4ksowo_640.gif

Ѧ

Quest: Protect The Boss

Team: Quinn & Ophelia( Aster Aster )

Quest #4: Protect The Boss
By the time Ophelia had turned to give Quinn the look, she was already on the move. Jasmine's rope was poorly knotted, but sturdy in make, tied haphazardly around the bedpost nearest to the window. Quinn didn't feel like gambling with her life today. It wouldn't do, so she'd simply make her own. In her hands materialized a length of corded metal rope, black-tinted-purple, with a wicked black steel claw attached at one end, sporting multiple curved hooks atop its head. She marched her way to the window, letting out lengths of the rope as she went until she had around sixty feet of cord, wrapped up in a tight ring that she clutched in her left hand. She reached the window and immediately threw one leg over the ledge to dangle as she went about fastening the grappling hook in between the stone and mortar of the windowsill.

Jasmine was just reaching the halfway point between the window and the ground - clearly, no escape artist was she - by the time Quinn had her own rope rigged and ready to go. With time being of the essence, she chose to forgo conjuring any of the gear required to descend the side of the estate via modern methods of abseiling, instead opting to make use of the Dülfersitz technique, as it required only a rope.

Passing the nearest portion of rope between her legs and around the back of her right thigh, Quinn looked over her shoulder, ensuring that her quarry had not gotten far. Tossing the rope across her chest and over her left shoulder, Quinn let the full length of the cord fall out the window, with quite a bit of its length falling in a heap on the ground. Grabbing hold firmly - with the left hand gripping the rope ahead of her while her right hand gripped the grope behind - Quinn began her descent out the window. She moved quickly, so much so that the friction from the rope rubbing against her thigh and chest created quite a bit of heat. Luckily, heavy clothes and sturdy gloves prevented rope-burn.

Quinn took the sheer wall several feet at a time, controlling the rate of descent with her right hand. Before long her feet touched solid ground as she leapt the last four feet, landing lightly on the grass with a soft crunch. As she did, the hook and the rope dematerialized into millions of particles that were subsequently blown away with the wind. Quinn shook the soreness from her legs and turned toward her charge, who'd managed to make it a whole ten feet in the time it had taken Quinn to catch up.

"Jasmine." Quinn called out to the girl with her back still turned, and must've startled the Duke's daughter with her sudden appearance. She whipped around at the sound of her name, eyes narrowed to little slits. She'd taken her dress up in both hands to make her march a little easier.

"I'm running away. Don't try to stop me." Jasmine commanded, her resolve apparently quite strong. Quinn saw the fire in the girl's eyes, and respected her strength. Unfortunately, her orders were clear. The Syndicate Prefect approached, and Jasmine, to Quinn's surprise, didn't try to run. Perhaps she'd begun to see the futility in trying to escape her fate.

"Listen, I understand you're upset." Quinn placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, and even gave it a comforting squeeze. With that gesture done and over with, all the empathy drained from Quinn's face and voice, and her grip on Jasmine's shoulder tightened like a vice. She drew in close, and whispered,

"I made a promise to your father, and I intend to keep that promise..."

At this point Jasmine tried to free herself from Quinn's grasp, to no avail. Quinn squeezed tighter.

"But try to run away again, and I'll break your leg."

Equal parts incredulous and afraid of the stranger's not-so-thinly veiled threat, Jasmine opened her mouth to protest. "My father will--"

"Your father is marrying you off to some rich lord against your will." Quinn cut her off, the ice in her tone a perfect foil to Jasmine's fiery indignation. "I'm sure he'll forgive me for doing what needed to be done. Now it's your turn to do what you need to do. Stop being a child and do your duty."

Quinn released Jasmine's shoulder, and to her credit, she did not immediately try to flee. Smart girl, Quinn thought to herself as Ophelia joined the pair of women in the field outside the Duke's manor. Now that they were all here, the mission could finally get underway.

[FONT=Domine[SIZE=2][/FONT]​
Ѧ

Q u e s t
S t a r a p p l e O r c h a r d s

Orion Walker
tumblr_nl67tjfb2p1tct2eio1_500-1-jpg.310141

Team: @_707_
As the wolves ran away, the boy felt a sense of relief flood through him like a river. Honestly, if that hadn't worked, he wouldn't have known what to do. It was pretty much against his nature to kill anything bad, much less poor little wolves that were just trying to protect their territory.
The wolves howling, the boy turned over to look at the other, then gave a sheepish shrug when he was asked what he did to scare the wolves away. After all, it would probably sound weird to try to explain what he did. Plus, a lot of people don't like necromancy. There were a few kids at school who didn't like him because of it, they'd often stay away from him, sometimes even give him dirty looks. It's not like it was his fault that he had been given this...ability. It just happened. But, sadly, a lot of people just couldn't understand that. It's not like they would actively bully him or anything, but it didn't escape his observations when people would go out of their way to not sit by him or stare at him for an extra second. Hence is why he felt reluctant to tell Louis what he did, since while the other seemed so nice and all, he didn't want to risk losing a new friend.
Thankfully, the other didn't try to push the envelop, as he turned to the trees. When he was told to stand back, the other gave a quick nod and took a few steps back, clutching his writing pad to himself. As the other stomped on the ground and the earth suddenly rose up, his eyes widened. It must be nice to have such a useful ability. Orion was a rather short male, so it'd honestly be great to have a power like that since...he kinda had a tendency to get stuck on top of tall things when he tried to climb up on top of them. Then he also had a problem with reaching things. Maybe he should start wearing taller shoes...
Watching as the staircase rose and extended upwards, then around the tree, the boy honestly felt amazed. So much power...and here, Orion often couldn't even get a human spirit to answer him, much less appear...amazing. He wished he could be that powerful, but...
Shaking that thought away, he quickly climbed up the steps and started reaching into the branches, pulling down apples and putting them into the bucket. They were so big and smelled so nice, it kinda made him wanna eat one, but the farmer probably wouldn't appreciate that. Maybe later he'd grab something small to eat...? Honestly, he wasn't a big eater, but fresh fruit was something he really enjoyed. He really liked tangerines, but they were usually too expensive for him to buy. Plus he liked his fruit fresh, not dipped in a bunch of syrup like juices.
Focusing on his work, the boy plucked as many apples as he could, putting them gently down into the bucket so they wouldn't bruise. It was actually kinda relaxing, to just focus on picking the apples, rather than focusing on other stuff. Maybe he should do this again sometime, if you can do quests more than once. It'd be nice to come back again. Or maybe someday he'd take a stroll over here, maybe sit down for awhile and draw a little. Drawing was nice, he simply loved art, though he wasn't that, that good at it. Sure, he could draw tiny animals and sometimes flowers, but...
It wasn't long until he heard the other ask for help, to which he just did a thumbs up, showing that he was perfectly fine. He just picked a few more apples and then picked up the bucket from the step, climbing down the staircase and going over to the other, holding up the bucket showing that he had filled it completely. Hopefully these would be enough for the farmer, and that they'd get paid well. It wasn't that hard or anything, but there weren't a whole lot of quests he could do, so he kinda had few choices to pick from. Things that involved needing to use his anima were out of the question, since that could wind up killing him, and things that required too much physical strength probably wasn't a good idea for him either. So, quests like these were just perfect for him.
With that, he tilted his head in the direction of where the farmer had been and looked back up at the other, silently asking if he was ready to head over, give over the buckets, and go back on over to the academy.​

Kaia Eden Nightingale
”It was an emotional wedding! Even the cake was in tiers! Ha-ha!”

☼​
Protect the Boss || Requiem City || Uriah & Robbie || In Progress

Kaia sighed regretfully. This quest was becoming a nag and a drag. She wanted to dump Jasmine out of the carriage, blow her a kiss, and finish it with, “Toodles.” But she gritted her teeth and bared it through because the rewards will be worth it in the end. The bandits were fools to attack her president and his prefects especially with everyone so completely finished with Jasmine. Kaia was already dusty from the previous scuffle with Rob who tackled her to the ground (thanks a lot Robbie) so she made sure she was watching Jasmine now that the female was no longer attached to Rob. However, wanting to support her friends, Kaia snatched the residual rope and dragged Jasmine out of the carriage. She proceeded to push her shoulder downwards, indicating for the female to sit down properly. She tied both of her hands together before binding it to the wheels of the carriage.

”Wow, I have to say, I’m pretty proud of myself,” she grinned, her head tilting to the left to admire her handiwork. The brunette whirled around, getting ready in the position to fight. Rob was distracting a bandit with his bird skills and Uriah was taking on the other bandits which meant that while Robbie decided to have a match with a monkey, Kaia was going to take this homeless looking man with a tan complexion. She dashed in front of him with a light chuckle, her hands taking out her daggers from its sheath, using the hilt to knock him sideways against his temple. “Watch out, darling,” she winked as he staggered but held his ground with his sword giving himself some distance away from Kaia. “Mm impressive.” His sword clanked against her rugged dagger but she had two weapons and he only had one which meant she still had the upper hand. Kaia, not liking to use her anima on others, was more of a fighter when she could help it. She moved with ease thanks for the years of running and dodging, being in Pandora was like being trained every day. And being a Pandora meant Kaia fought dirty. With both of her daggers above her head, shielding herself from the brute force pressed down by the sword, the female’s eyes glinted with mischief.

She kicked his nuts quicker than he could have reacted and Abu crumbled onto the floor, the sword dropping by his side as he groaned in pain. But that wasn’t enough. He had to remain down so she crushed it, digging her heel against his groin to make sure he wasn’t going to be getting up anytime soon. He howled, his hands gripping against her leg to forcefully remove it. ”It sucks to get on my bad side doesn’t it?” There was nothing but a warm, loving smile on her face. When the monkey was dealt with and Uriah finished off the rest of the bandits, Lord Jamar came out of his residence to meet his betrothed and Kaia removed the glass ring, carefully approaching him but due to haste, she slipped over the obnoxious amount of gems inside Rob’s fallen pockets and crushed the fragile glass against the pavement floor. It shattered upon impact, glittering everywhere eliciting a gasp from Kaia and everyone around her.

“Uh…oh…” she barely got any words out before the bald man realized that they have been stealing from the Duke’s mansion.

“Guards!” he shouted with ferocity, eyes damning them all to death. “Guards! Arrest these three for breaking the family heirloom and stealing from the duke! How dare they!”

Within seconds, her hands were handcuffed behind her back and they were all being led away (after clothed and now jewel-less) to jail. The family heirloom was one thing but she would haven ever fell if the jewels weren’t there in the first place. Her eyes darted angrily between both of her friends before she hissed out, “Are you guys fucking kidding me? You stole from a duke?” She wasn’t sure if she was proud or she wanted to throttle both of them. “Why was I not included in the bet?” Because that was the most important part. The trio were thrown into an empty cell and the guard slammed it angrily.

“You get one phone call. Choose wisely. Your bail is 1000 G.” Was all was spoken before he left them alone with the female jailer.

“You are both so dead when we get home. Who are we calling? No one has that much money.” Kaia narrowed at her eyes at Robbie and finally at Uriah.

Skryx Skryx Makomin Makomin

Last edited:

A J A X
”Seeing people change isn’t what hurts the most. It’s remember who they used to be.”

Animal Farm || Tref Village || Ajax & Axel || In Progress

Playful laughter shone in his eyes as Ajax ran a hand through the messy delicate platinum locks. “I’ll pierce your ears anytime. Say the word, I’ll be there. Hell, I’ll give you my earring,” he touched his silver sword earring that took up two piercings. His hand then reached out, forming a fist to brush his knuckles against Axel’s right ear. “Anytime. My offer forever stands.” Unfortunately, it looks like food was going to have to wait. Ajax trusted Axel to always come with food, it was like a package deal. To be friend with Axel, one has to tolerate his shitty cooking skills and the platinum blonde did without fail. He ate every last drop even though he would hurl it out and be sick for hours. He would have to take medication and everyone would advise him otherwise but he ate it anyways because Axel made it. Simple as that. Axel made him food. So he’ll eat it. Ajax watched Axel perform magic, raising his eyebrow, completely entertained by the flickering of lights. “What are you trying to do, Ax? Becoming a light switch? If so, I have to say, you’re doing a fantastic job. Keep going,” Ajax clapped slowly although not sarcastically. He was doing great turning the light on and off, delaying their task even further. Ajax tapped his foot, although not impatiently, just out of habit while he waited watching the darkness take the rein.

Boy, watching Axel try to turn on the lamp was like praying for the rain to fall. But to his immediate surprise, his eyes widened when the light bulb glimmered brighter. Just as he was about to congratulate his friend, darkness soon became their best friend once again. “Shit Ax. Did you break the lamp?” His voice hinted disbelief. How did Axel manage to break everything that somehow fell onto his hand? At the accusing remark, Ajax showed no sign of remorse or guilt. “No, I merely washed shit off you. That’s a called a favor,” he shrugged.

“Relax princess,” he ruffled his hair trying to ease Axel, the drama king, down. “It’s just a phone. No big deal. Just get a new one phone.” It was definitely no big deal for the Syndicate member who habitually misplaces his phone so no one would be able to contact him. Yet he wasn’t able to completely distilled Axel’s anger; Ajax was shit at coaxing and his friend demanded his phone to be used as their light source. He took it out of his butt pocket and luckily, his phone was still in working condition albeit low battery. Ajax tossed it casually in the middle and it illuminated the room enough for them to work at a good radius surrounding it.

It was difficult to find space to be free with his idiosyncrasy, finding delight and laughter in minor trivial tasks. It was only with Axel that Ajax could be tossing poop like basketballs and he knew that anybody else would have been utterly furious. He gathered the day was going pretty well. Feces war was over. He was somewhat clean and they were now working their way with sheep. Ajax was fairly hungry and being in the farm just makes him wants to steal some eggs, kill a chicken, and roast them some dinner. He could imagine Axel’s horrified expression with possibly an expression of, Jay…how could you? His lips quirk into a soft smile at the thought and he turned on the razor with intense focus and concentration. The faster he got this sheep trimming, the more faster he could eat dinner. He held the ship still with his knee, bending down as he tripped its legs, belly, and the once fluffy looking sheep turned into a fucking pink nightmare like a naked mole rat. He cringed inwardly, moving onto the next sheep to inflict the same ugliness from one to the next.

Ajax was clearly not paying attention to Axel so imagine his surprise when his name was called and he turned over at the cunning smile plastered on the angelic looking visage. His eyes flickered from Axel to the baby sheep before his lips curved into a smile. “I didn’t think the sheep could get any uglier. You have proven me wrong, Axel,” he snorted before narrowing his eyes at the indication that the sheep was his sibling. But soon his inscrutable countenance returned with a shook of his head. “I think you need a closer look or glasses, it looks like someone of your family tree. Look it even has your black beady eyes,” Ajax sniggered just as a resonating baa echoed off the walls. Axel was, however, too gleeful to play with his new pet sheep whom he named after Ajax. He could tell if he should be honored or repulsed and he was a bit of both. A laugh followed suit and the male scoffed, “I think the sheep has no idea that you’ll be eating his brethren for dinner.” He crinkled his nose, a surge of irritation was pointedly directed at the sheep. He couldn’t believe that Axel was comparing his awesome presence with some naked sheep with a bad hairdo. Though he had to admit, it tugged on his heartstrings to see Axel rolling around on the ground with a baby lamb. Ajax crossed his arms, “Dude, I fucking eat your cooking. I don’t think anyone beats in when it comes to loving,” he rolled his eyes. However, for a split second, Ajax regained his head and he cannot believe he was fighting with a sheep over Axel’s affection. Ajax needed food, he was completely out of his mind. When hungry, he had a habit of becoming ten times more clingy than usual and a hundred times more irritable. Ignoring Axel and resuming the task at hand, he was able to finish up more sheep in a timely manner. Their belly wool was always the first to go since it was where the sheep struggled the most. Soon, he was on his last sheep and he wanted to plopped against the floor, fall asleep to never wake up again. “Come on, behave for me,” Ajax rubbed the sheep belly before turning on his razor. He was about half way done before he felt incessant taps on his shoulder. He turned around, furrowing his brows at Axel’s perplexing mental breakdown.

“Princess, first you initiate poop warfare and now we have a lost sheep. What am I going to do with you?” His voice was a melting pot of adoration and frustration. His head hung low, his forehead resting on Axel’s shoulder from exhaustion. “Goddess damn it, Ax. I’m going to slice Ajax 2.0 up and have him served on a platter as dinner.” Of course, he was joking though his tone was so dry and straight, one would probably take him seriously. Most likely. He blew out a breath of disbelief. Are they really going to on a sheep hunt? Couldn’t they say ‘whoops, sorry, Ajax 2.0 has a seizure and we buried him’?

With a heavy sigh, he muttered a string of inaudible curses. Fuck it, he hated this quest. It was so much damn work for five fucking coins. “He must have saw his hideous haircut reflected in the eyes of his fellow sheep and ran away,” Ajax joked but it seemed like the search for Ajax 2.0 began. Ajax snatched up his phone on the floor, recounting the sheep and soon they went to the chicken coop. “Ajax 2.0! Where the hell are you? Just wait until I get my hands on you,” Ajax shouted, feeling ridiculous calling a sheep by its new name. It’s not a fucking dog, dumbass, he mentally grumbled before turning to Axel. “How did he get out in the first place? God dang it, he’s just as troublesome as you are.” And Ajax was so terribly close to patting Axel on the shoulder, bidding him farewell and fleeing the hell out of there. The sheep wasn’t in the chicken coop. They ran to the pig pen with Ajax shining his flashlight over each and every pig. “Your lover isn’t here,” he grumbled, “unless you mutilated him into a pig. In that case, choose your pick.” The cloak of darkness wasn’t helping this wild goose chase. They headed back to the cows who were busy mooing, eating grass while some were sleeping peacefully as dusk settled in from outside. The two walked outside, completely stumped and befuddled. How far could a sheep move? The breezy wind of the night elicited goosebumps over Ajax’s body. His hoodie was back at the barn and he had been half naked this entire time.

With his arms now over Axel, chest to back, head falling against the nape of his neck, Ajax was feeling sluggish, exasperated, and hungry all at the same time. He was getting drowsy, closing his eyes and yawning. “You insufferable fucker. I give up, if I die, I want to buried with a shit load of good food. Not your food. I don’t need anything haunting me after my death. Tell Kai to make five hundred and sixty seven sandwiches.”

However, he was awaken from his quick slumber with the sound of baaing behind the barn. He release his stronghold and made a dash for it. Ajax noticed a pond with koi fishes and the sheep laying inside down, floating and stargazing or relaxing. He was going to kill that motherfucking sheep. Ajax made a step forward but relented knowing Axel would probably cry and build a grave which means more time would be taken up digging for the dumb thing. That meant they would be eating dinner by midnight and the sheep was saved by a hair's breadth.

“Ax, I found your runaway lover,” he said just as footsteps halted behind him. “Go get him. I’m heading back to finish shaving the last one.” Ajax strolled back languidly back to the sheep pen with his flashlight. With the razor still in his hand, he turned it on, finishing up his last animal. The wool was then collected into a couple large trash bags and left onto the side. With Ajax 2.0 back safely and horribly wet, they closed the door behind them to keep the sheep in captivity possibly forever.

They were almost done. Ajax could see the light at end of the tunnel with a small smile on his face. He walked to the pig pen was Axel and they stood in front of the pigs oinking away in starvation. “Look Axel, your family is all gathered in one place. Where’s the pig’s food?”

Best case scenario, the farmer already made it. Worse case scenario, the pigs were about to learn what it means to get indigestion thanks to Axel’s cooking. Or just fall over and die.

@_707

Last edited:
large.jpg

▼​
Interactions: Louis s e v e n s e v e n
Mentions: None
Quest: The Farm

Bennett Miles
(Rushed and a bit block; sorry if it came out poorly)

Bennett took mind to keep quiet after Louis had fittingly fell asleep despite his offer to lend a shoulder. The curly head brunet had fell over, hunching in a very uncomfortable way. Not wanting his best friend's back to hurt when he woke up, Bennett had guided his head to his lap where he slept the rest of the ride there. He was seated near the window side and the train was fairly empty due to how early it was. In the peaceful silence, blue eyes watched the sun rise over the ever-shifting horizon. He woke Louis up when they had arrived at their stop, smiling in understanding even as the boy apologized.

Chuckling, Bennett shook his head, "Nah, it's fine! Don't worry about it. My brother used to do it all the time," he grinned, happy to bring his sibling into the conversation. Thoughts of his family never failed to make him smile, despite the heavy pangs of longing. He missed them and there weren't many opportunities for him to visit. (Bennett blames Aster because they haven't made any quests in Baile). Being in the countryside filled him with nostalgia. The houses were shaped differently but carried a similar ambience as home.

Breathing in the fresh morning air, Bennett exhaled in a sigh. He laughed at Louis' tactless comment and hurried him down the pebbled pathway when the man had turned to glare; meeting his eye, he returned the look with an apologetic nod before following Louis to the house they were called to help out for.

"Is it that one?" he asked, pointing at the cottage with the red-bricked roof. The sight of it gave him a strange sense of deja vu, almost as though he had seen it in the past. Had he been here before? Bennett furrowed his brows but failed to remember if he had. Maybe it was just his imagination. He was going to stop Louis from his banging, suggesting that the farmer was probably out in the back, when the door opened to reveal a very old, irritated but familiar looking old man.

Bennett blinked, eyes widening as he exclaimed on reflex; his finger pointed accusingly at the old man. Everything clicked. "Hey you're the one from the Starapple Orchard!" His movements were in sync with Louis'. This happened quite a number of times, especially since Ben hung around Louis so much. "Jinx," he said immediately right after. The lights in his eyes danced with laughter.

When the old man denied his connections to the Apple Orchards, Bennett believed him, wondering if the guy had a twin instead. He was going to ask when Louis brought up their quest, snapping his mind back on track. Right. They were here on a quest. The abrupt coughing at him flinching and Bennett took a step back from the range of the old man's exaggerated spurting.

"Uh," was all he could say as he shrugged when Louis glanced over at him. Ben was a child who rarely got sick. He wouldn't know what the symptoms of swine flu were like but even he, with his innocent, naive nature, had his doubts. The quest itself wasn't anything hard. There daily chores Bennett had to do before he had left for the city and joined Requiem, and with his new anima abilities, he was confident he could finish the task twice as fast.

"You can count on us," Bennett added, giving Louis an encouraging grin. He knew his friend was raised in the city and seeing how this was going to be his first time at the farm, he found it extremely lucky for Louis to get first hand experience with life at the barn. (Sadly, not everyone was as thrilled to do chores as Ben was, but the promise of pay was too tempting to pass up). "It's not that bad. Trust me," Bennett answered, his hand patting the boy on the shoulder. "Besides, you have me," he said, thumb on his chest, proud and toothy-grinned, "My family owned a farm so it shouldn't be that hard. Though, hm, I've actually never sheared sheep before but we'll figure that out once we get there!" He gave Louis a light smack to the arm in an attempt to clear away the worried expression on his face. "Come on," he urged, once again taking Louis by the hand to lead him towards the barn house. "The sooner we finish this, the sooner we can take a break and enjoy the rest of our day off. Hopefully we'll have time to look around. I heard Tref sells some of the best frozen yogurt." He had intentions to buy his friend some once they were done; a reward for both of their efforts.

Starting with the easiest chore, Bennett rounded into the barn with his friend and looked around for the animal food. It wasn't hard to find considering the amount of small flies hovering over the buckets of swill. Beside it were grains meant for the chickens. Ben, being Ben, took the smellier option and handed the chicken feed to his friend. Knowing Louis, he would be rather upset if he ruined his sneakers by stepping in mud and pig ordure; Ben on the other hand, didn't mind getting a little dirty if it meant getting the job done. The chicken coop was only a few feet from the pig's pen and feeding chickens didn't seem like a task Louis would need help on.

"You take the chickens and I'll take the pigs," Bennett said, already parting ways to do the task at hand. He stopped in mid step, turning to ask in innocent earnestness, "You do know how to feed them right?" he rioned, playfully teasing the blue-eyed male. He was certain Louis knew how. The boy did own a duck after all. If he could feed a dog-like duck, surely he could handle a gaggle of chickens. "I'm just kidding," he laughed, before turning to jog towards the pig pen; he didn't use his anima in fear of spilling the swill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back