• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help *insert another amazing title*

briana._.bell321

woah...i rp
How does roleplaying on here work? I’ve been roleplaying for a while just not on here. The setup is different to me and kinda confusing. So yeah help please again .-.

How does roleplaying on here work? I’ve been roleplaying for a while just not on here. The setup is different to me and kinda confusing. So yeah help please again .-.

hello again!

How this site works is that it's a forum, as you can see. Just a regular old forum, but there's just special sub-sections for different types of threads that're meant to be used as RP/narrative threads and all that. It's all arbitrary, but of course there's still standard operating procedure. Basically, people look for 1x1's (two dudes writing together), Groups (imagine a D&D game) or Quests (Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style, where everyone participating votes on the next action, like a co-op video game or Twitch Plays Pokemon)

You just have to play it by ear, really, I reccomend lurking to see how things are done. Use my profile and its posting history as a basic example if you'd like. But, going further, for 1x1's you just find somebody and preferably their 'interest thread' or just lurk that sub-forum itself to see what looks interesting to you then hit em up.

For groups, you look at a thread that's being advertised in interest check or the specific group sub-forum itself and ask to join in a related OOC thread if you can see it, or hit up the person in charge, who made that thread. The thread-maker is usually called a GM and they're almost always the general operator or manager of that RP, like a.. y'know, Game Master in a tabletop RPG.

1x1's are just writing back and forth with someone else in either public or in private using the on-site messaging system. And, of course, lately you can advertise off-site RP's you're running on discord or by mail or whatever.

Almost all quests are literally just 'hop in!' so there isn't special anything for those; just see what's being voted on and share your two cents, that's all.

Also, you'll notice colored names; here's what those mean. My color, white, means I'm a filthy normie, and yelllows are supporters who donated to keep the site running. Purpals are moderators, who usually have a profile title or something or just anythign on their profile that gives you an idea of any specialty they might have; some moderators are BBcode masters who run and code that shit so you might hit them up about that on their pages. Reds are admins, and they're available too but they're busy so don't bother them unless it's super important.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to @ me further, leave a message on my profile, hit a moderator, whatever.

hello again!

How this site works is that it's a forum, as you can see. Just a regular old forum, but there's just special sub-sections for different types of threads that're meant to be used as RP/narrative threads and all that. It's all arbitrary, but of course there's still standard operating procedure. Basically, people look for 1x1's (two dudes writing together), Groups (imagine a D&D game) or Quests (Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style, where everyone participating votes on the next action, like a co-op video game or Twitch Plays Pokemon)

You just have to play it by ear, really, I reccomend lurking to see how things are done. Use my profile and its posting history as a basic example if you'd like. But, going further, for 1x1's you just find somebody and preferably their 'interest thread' or just lurk that sub-forum itself to see what looks interesting to you then hit em up.

For groups, you look at a thread that's being advertised in interest check or the specific group sub-forum itself and ask to join in a related OOC thread if you can see it, or hit up the person in charge, who made that thread. The thread-maker is usually called a GM and they're almost always the general operator or manager of that RP, like a.. y'know, Game Master in a tabletop RPG.

1x1's are just writing back and forth with someone else in either public or in private using the on-site messaging system. And, of course, lately you can advertise off-site RP's you're running on discord or by mail or whatever.

Almost all quests are literally just 'hop in!' so there isn't special anything for those; just see what's being voted on and share your two cents, that's all.

Also, you'll notice colored names; here's what those mean. My color, white, means I'm a filthy normie, and yelllows are supporters who donated to keep the site running. Purpals are moderators, who usually have a profile title or something or just anythign on their profile that gives you an idea of any specialty they might have; some moderators are BBcode masters who run and code that shit so you might hit them up about that on their pages. Reds are admins, and they're available too but they're busy so don't bother them unless it's super important.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to @ me further, leave a message on my profile, hit a moderator, whatever.
Omg you are literally the best don’t be surprised if just go to you for everything. sorry in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back