• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Infinite System

Huntrey said:
As the Commander left, the guard following him, Yuri looked over all the members of the group. "Getting out of here sounds wonderful, maybe go to a real facility of any sorts." Yuri gave a nod to the door, ready to leave anytime they were, but his attention turned when Ai started to leave. "Leaving so soon Ai? Without even getting to know your team? I think some time with each other would do well for everyone." The obvious military man was attempting to show some sort of social acceptance for her, as he often had trouble with, and the almost order like suggestion hinted at this.
As she was slowly making her way towards the door she turned as Yuri spoke up. Ai smiled at him she wasn't sure what his game was, but she wasn't going to play it. She watched as Blake walked past her and jog off in some direction. Maybe later... She turned her attention back to Yuri and smiled, "well if you all would like to join me in buying lingerie, you're welcome to come." She flipped her hair and looked at Yuri right in the eye and glared him down as if she were daring him.

Elizabeth made a dejected sound, but was internally grateful to Blake for setting the precedent. She swiftly climbed over Wallace and stood, facing her empty seat. "Maybe Blake is right, I'm sure we're all busy. Not a good day to stay out." She stared out the window, looking for signs of clouds. "Lots of...bees today." She looked between Yuri and Ai, releasing a small sigh. "Yuri, I'm sure you have better things to do than hang around with us. And I want you to trust me." She looked at Ai, vaguely annoyed. "Nothing is worse than clothes shopping with a new girl."

(We can do a skip thing to the next day at any time. No rush. )

Yuri, who had little experience ever courting a girl, was caught off guard by this comment. The disciplined soldier did everything he could not to get flustered, but a small blush escaped on his face. Before Yuri could embarrass himself with an answer Elizabeth spoke up, giving him enough time to recollect himself. "I trust you in that perspective." Yuri gave a nod to Elizabeth before heading out the back door. He didn't give any wave or goodbye, but decided it would be easier to address them on the way out.

The motorcycle warmed in seconds, and Yuri was around the front of the building in little time. With this he popped his collar up, put on his glasses, and kicked down the stand. "See all of you bright and early in the morning, syncing with the Sentinels will be quite the interesting process, so you better all be ready for anything." With this Yuri flipped the stand back up, not waiting for a remark from Ai to leave.

As Yuri left Ai had to smile. And to think that I thought this would be hard. Please... She looked at Elisabeth with a warm smile "hey, I know. But it was the first thing I could think of to get him off my back." She gave Elisabeth a wink and then headed for the door. "I do have some things I have to attend to, but don't worry. I'll be back tomorrow." Ai waved and then pushed out of the doors leading out into the streets. Taking a quick right she strutted down the streets of the big city. It's been ages since I've been in a city. When was the last time... was it the German assassination or the international heist? Hmm... Deep in memories of the past, she noticed the black car following her. Ai glared at the car and turned down a dark alley way, the car followed.

As it creeped along, Ai suddenly ran up the front of the car and jumped off of it. Gripping to the wall with her cybernetic arm she tossed herself up to the next window and flew towards the roof. Hopping from roof to roof she finally made it to her destination, chinatown. It's true what they say, there is always a chinatown. Landing on a fire escape she climbed down and strolled the streets looking for one place in particular. A glimmer caught her eye, she turned and rushed over with overwhelming excitement. Leaning against the glass she finally found it. Reflecting in her eyes she uttered "hello, beautiful." Rushing into the store she walked up to the store manager who knew her instantly by her gray eyes. Without a word he got up and walked over to the display area and grabbed the weapon. As it was placed into her hands she could barely feel the difference between the old and the new. Unsheathing the sword she looked at the almost perfect blade which reflected her own beauty. "Welcome to your new home."

(night!)

(Timeskip. 6:00 AM, July 7th 2025)

Rain dribbled from the sky onto the troop of soldiers standing guard outside the main entrance of the General Assembly building. Obviously, the soldiers selected for this mission were chosen for their intimidation value. No soldier was shorter than 6"5, or weighed less than 240 pounds. Wired to each soldier is a microphone, recording audio for direct review by the Commander. The microphones were left unobscured as a message, to remind the members of SEN1 that they were always being watched. Half carried umbrellas, and the other half brandished fully automatic weapons. They stood silently, occasionally shaking an umbrella or adjusting a shirt due to the rain. While their exteriors were stony, inside they were slightly frightened- As far as they were told, all members of SEN1 were incredibly dangerous and highly valuable. If a member were to be damaged, it would be a severely punishable offense. They awaited further orders, and were told to be particuarily wary of a new pilot- Garrett, whom they had particuarily little useful data on.

Elizabeth was the first to arrive. Out of fear and apprehension, she had allowed herself to have a late night. She was paying for it this morning by rain and the feeling of her blood trying to escape her body from her pounding head. While she was suffering physically, she felt light and springy due to her addiction being satisfied. Despite her hangover, Elizabeth walked confidently onto the UN grounds as she had for all the years she had been working. This confidence is primarily the reason she had neglected to watch her step. Waving to a group of coworkers one moment, she was enveloped in muscle the next. The soldiers parted around her, and formed a circle. More than a foot shorter, and less than half the weight of the smallest soldier, Elizabeth found herself sufficiently intimidated and frustrated.

A guard stepped out of the circle, and threw Elizabeth a transparent vacuum sealed package and new UN i.d card. The package appeared to be a tight-fitting jumpsuit of sorts, colored dark purple with red rectangular shoulder motifs. A blue oval stretched from just below her armpit on both sides, and traveled down to her hip. Above the left breast, "E. Caldwell" is written in black font. On the back, there are three circular holes travelling up the spinal area large enough for a needle. From what she can tell, inside the fabric of the suit is a layer of liquid. Elizabeth recognized it from a Physics class she took in College as a fluid body armor, which could stop a few bullets before breaking without impeding fluid movement. What struck her most was the lack of helmet. Instead, what appeared to be a small shard of glass was provided. Elizabeth tilted it to the side- She could see the LCD, which indicated that it was an HUD. Elizabeth, who could do nothing but wait, caught raindrops on her tongue and thought about a simpler, sunnier time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain. Garrett liked the rain, save for the fact that it melted the hair gel that kept his mohawk up. So today he decided to wear a primarily black flat brim cap with a green brim and the word "CA$H" on it. In addition to the hat Garrett wore a hoodie that was black on the right half and green on the left and favorite black and green cargo pants.

Today Garrett was supposed to head to the UN, something about Sentinels. Garrett walked out of his apartment, down the stairs, and out of the building. As soon as he left the building he put a cigarette in his mouth, not smoking it, just putting it in his moth. Garrett used the death stick as a way to think. Garrett didn't know if he really wanted to go to the UN, but something told him he had to.

Garrett reached UN grounds. He stood just off property for a while, then decided to start walk towards the building.

Walter would keep the FAR Foam to himself. That anti-corrosive healing mixture would not ever go into UN hands. And Jesus, what's wrong with that guy? Logan's his name? Whatever these machines are for, they would sure as hell need his schematics so to not get junked. For example, a missile clips the shoulder, sooner or later it will start corroding because of the explosion's chemicals reacting with the metal, switches, wires and whatnot. The point is, without this breakthrough they won't be able to do jack. All the while Walter was thinking, he barely even realized that he was being flanked by two guards from the front and back. He knew it seemed like a lot, but considering the others- this was nothing.

(Don't really know what to put into the post?)

Precipitate as weather, she appeared from somewhere. No car, no guards just one lone girl in the rain. Her faced was covered by her looming wet hair like a hood. All that could be seen was one monochromatic eye glaring at the guards. Ai slowly made her way to the group, step by step. As she got closer there was a glistening light behind her. And then it could be seen, on her shoulder there was a sleek sword holier ing as the UN sheathed edge split the rain drops in half. There was an ominous feeling in the air as I'd at any moment she would attack them.

She made her way closer and closer till she stopped a few feet away. She looked down the row of guards and gave a smile. She slowly moved her sword off her shoulders, the sound of the rain splitting on the sword sent shivers down the men's spine. She noticed some of the guards flinch or grip their gun tighter. She gave a little chuckle. She walked past Garret and Walter still holding her sword ready to attack. She stepped over Elisabeth and pointed her sword at the guard who threw Elisabeth's items to her. In a swift moment she had the sword at the guard's throat. With a cold smile she looked at the guard "you got one for me?" The guard stared her down, but when he looked in her eyes she could see the bloodlust.

Another guard walked up and carefully handed her items. With the sword still on the first guards throat she took the items. Looking at the guard she showed her face and gave a warm smile, "thank you." Then she turned back to the guard and glared "next time you see a girl fall you help her up. Got it?" The sword slowly entered his throat as the guard gave a muffled "yes." Ai removed her sword, stood on her toes, and patted the man's face "good boy." She turned around, letting the water from her wet hair hit him, and walked over to Elisabeth. Sheathing the sword she smiled at her, Ai extended her hand to help her up. "These guys really nerd to learn some manners don't they?"

Elizabeth briefly considered Ai's hand before taking it. There was a lot to be frightened of, specifically the sword. Elizabeth also wanted to avoid looking weak in front of her team, but it seemed a lost battle at that point. She was ready to refuse the gesture, when she had noticed that Walter had arrived without fanfare and thought it would look worse to refuse a teammate than to share a friendly moment. Elizabeth returned Ai's smile with a small, effeminate laugh as she grabbed her hand and stood. "Maybe a bit of reflex work first. Manners come third, right behind harassing people half their size." Movement had reminded Elizabeth how thoroughly her clothes and hair had started to stick to her body. She looked between the gaps of the guards for signs of Garret, desperate to be out of the rain.

Elizabeth spotted him in the distance, recognizing him from his file. "Hey, guys?" She spoke in a slightly sweet tone. "See that little guy out there? With the green?" She locked eyes with the guard that had knocked her over. Elizabeth felt hugely embarrassed, but wanted nothing more than to try on her suit. "He's the last we're waiting for. Maybe if you go grab him," She walked closer and sheepishly grabbed a strand of her hair, forcing a blush. "We can get inside and change into something... something" Elizabeth paused, and locked her fingers at her waist. "More...more... warmer."

Her attempt at seductive manipulation failed, her blush became genuine. The guard nodded to another, who presumably left to gather Garrett.

Elizabeth turned to Walter and Ai, and preemptively changed the subject before it could be addressed. "Have you guys read about Garrett? He was just chosen. Basketball player, big as these idiots. Cool thing is, they have nothing on him from before he was nineteen. Off the map, as far as official documentation goes. Built like a tank." She idly kneaded the fabric of her newly ruined cardigan. "Think they had to enlarge the cockpit for him?"

Garrett was suddenly mobbed by a group of guys around his size. "Look guys, I know they say to pick on someone your own size, but damn, not in mobs," Garrett quipped. The group of men proceeded to hand him an ID card and a package containing some odd form of clothing.

"Uh, thanks?" He said as the group of goons let him out of the circle of hired beef. Garrett saw three people, a dude and two chicks, one of them hot in a nerdy kind of way. Garrett walked over to the three, "Yeesh, you guys see that? I felt like some sort of dog bein' attacked by a hungry pack of wolves."

Garrett had no idea who the people he was talking to were, but he assumed the had to something with the Sentinel something or other that Garrett had been recruited for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elizabeth turned to face Garrett, and gave a small wave. "Hey man, welcome to the crew. Garrett, right?" She took a moment to get used to his size. "Glad to see the UN likes diversity, I guess." Elizabeth never had an opportunity to hear Garrett's response, due to the sudden shifting of the guard. They formed a square around the pilots, and moved in formation into the General Assembly building. They guided the pilots along with them. When Elizabeth fell behind, staring into her HUD she felt the distinct sensation of cold steel across her back.

The front layer of guards broke from the group at the entrance to an elevator, while the back continued walking as to force the group in. One guard entered the box with the pilots. Without looking up, he swept his UN i.d in a port below the wall buttons. "Watch everything I do until we reach the pit." He spoke in a gruff, Irish accent. He was a massive fellow, but the lights of the elevator revealed a kind, wrinkled face. "I can't show you twice." The elevator began it's descent. "And watch where you stick that sword, girlie. Maybe you can fight outta' here, but I know yer friend's can't." His voice had the gentle, firm tone so typical of those who had lived a life of conflict. Despite his size, Elizabeth felt a strong, unexpected feeling of security in his presence.

The elevator ride felt as if it would take forever, and the cart occasionally shook as if it were unstable. As the room descended, strongly scented chemicals spewed from the vents near their feet and through the roof. The old guard groaned. "Decontamination, they tell me. Never get used to it, at least in my experience." The elevator shook, and dramatically opened. The guard led the pilots through a maze of hallways, before stopping outside of an inconspicuous doorway. "Train stops here, lads. Good luck. We'll all be watching."

The little door lead to an extensive warehouse. The rectangular room had steel walls that dug into the earth, forming a large hole, 70 meters deep. Bright florescent floodlights hung were mounted to a trapezoid-shaped ceiling, which reflected off the walls in order to create a much brighter effect. The pilots stood on a platform protruding from one of the walls. Below them was a platform, occupied by computers and scientists monitoring the computers. Standing watch in the center, with a steel bridge leading to each were the five Sentinels. The pit was dug deeply enough that the Sentinel's heads were the only thing above the platform. The heads were opened, and a large chair was in each of the cavities. A small man stood on the back of the platform, standing on the bridge of the middle Sentinel. He spoke in a small, shaky voice. "Welcome, pilots. Please stand near your assigned unit and dress yourself accordingly. Once you are dressed, sit in the cockpit of your unit and await further orders."

Ai pulled Elisabeth up an looked at the guards again "I can fix that" She eyed the group of guards with a dangerous bloodlust. She noticed the tall man, but didn't feel like marking introductions yet. She look up into the rain, the raindrops running down her face. Oh yes today will be very informational, indeed. The guards formed around her and the other pilots, she wasn't surprised by this. She been used to guards all her life, she knew how to break the chain. Tapping her hand on her sword she followed the heard towards the elevator.

She didn't need the Irish guard to tell her to pay attention. She was already 100% focused on all security in this building. The best way to evade is know where everything is. As the man spoke to her lips curled into a small smile. They really are afraid of me. Do they really think I care about these fools? I'd slit all their throats here if I didn't need them. Good cannon fodder is so hard to find these day, you just can't let it go. She tossed her head and huffed at the guard, her hand still firmly on her sword.

As they made their way into the room she looked at the pilot chamber. She saw the small man on a platform dare to give her orders. She shot the small man a dark glare "you wanna say that again?" She stalked him as she made her way around the platform, towards her Sentinel. She pulled out her sword and stabbed it into the ground making a loud scrunch as the sword split the metallic floor.

Well that was a bit sudden. Walter had been silent the whole trip from the UN gate all the way to this secret laboratory or whatever in god's name it was. Was this the SEN1 Project? He asked himself, gazing at the open-cockpit humanoid machines. He clasped the waterproof zip-lock bag in his right hand and the left hand screwed into a tight fist. He took a light breath and gingerly stepped down the metallic stairs which broadly spiraled down into the platform where the Sentinels seemed to be stored. He walked around his mech, looking at it from every angle. He froze. What? He said incredulously. Somehow the FAR Foam dispenser had already been fitted onto the left arm of his mech, with all of the details he himself had procured and made. Walter was sure he hadn't told anyone about it.His lips formed into a tight line and his face remained gaunt when he turned back and stared at the small man, blaming him; he had to turn the fury on someone. He completely ignored the little performance Ai had just performed, "Have you been spying on me? All of us?" He snarled. It was rare for him to be mad, but they were watching everything they did. Obviously he was mad.

Yuri came up from the deck with all the scientist, exiting from a small lift that was only connected by a few cables. He was already wearing his UN tag, connected to the front pocket of his jumpsuit. Yuri's jumpsuit wasn't the same as the pilots, having no need to be recognized with the as pilots, but wore a different color palette suit to be recognized as part of the team. The same breast pocket design was marked on it, but beside that it was black instead of purple, the blue and purple lining it in a different pattern.

When the lift stopped to the platform Yuri stepped off, looking at Walter who was already screaming about the designs implemented into each Sentinel. "The Sentinels required the exact pilots, and as far as equipping them... Well the engineers wanted varying weapons apparently, and what better then the some you all have made?" Yuri said as if he just learned of the knowledge himself, but was confident as ever, "It's not as if it's mass produced, as far as I know.".

Yuri walked slowly over to the small man, deciding it was better to put himself in between the man and the pilots.

Garrett was wowed by the chamber. The mechs in here were like nothing he had ever seen in person. They looked like something straight out of an anime or something. Garrett was told to move to his mech and get dressed, but Garrett wasn't entirely sure which of these metal behemoths was his, until he saw the purple and grey one at the end of the row. Garrett somehow knew that one was his, even though he wasn't so fond of the color purple. Something about the mech spoke to him. Garrett went to stand by his mech and started getting dressed. The purple outfit wasn't exactly Garrett's style, and he was reluctant to ditch his hat as his mohawk would not be standing up. Garrett cast aside his hat and looked around at the other pilots. Garrett couldn't be more different from 'em.

Garrett climbed into the cockpit of his mech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back