• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Infinite System

Pantsperson

Quesadilla-rights activist.
The first thing Elizabeth ever heard in the morning was the hum of computers. The room was lit by several monitors, some meticulously arranged on desks and some mounted to the walls. They all displayed strings of numbers and commands. A few had diagrams and fewer still were marked with Post-It notes with simple comments such as "OOPSLA presentation" or "Decompile for intern." Elizabeth sat in front of one that displayed a three dimensional model of a robot. Or perhaps, Elizabeth laid on the floor where she had fallen off her chair and passed out would be a more correct phrasing.

When she awoke, she unleashed a groan and nudged away her cat Oranger, who had begun to lick her face. She contemplated her disheveled face in the empty bottle that laid a few feet away, and simply stumbled into the bathroom where she sat in the shower. "I wonder if it'll hurt," she thought "when I die in that robot." Despite her pounding head, she dressed in her best casual outfit and strapped her UN satchel over her shoulder. She was to arrive at a restaurant in an hour, official UN business. She finished her drink as she walked out the door and out onto the street.

She felt the bones in her legs moved as she walked, and contemplated the feeling of piloting the Sentinel. She wondered if it would be fluid, like moving her own body, or if it would feeling like moving thousands of pounds of metal. So lost in her thoughts, Elizabeth tripped over the curb and squealed as her papers littered the pavement. She hurriedly started to gather the documents, smiling at the irony of the situation. "I can't even control my body, how the hell am I supposed to pilot a Sentinel?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Laughter could be heard from the back of the armored car. As the car pulled up to the garage the whole back was roaring with laughter. The two guards driving the van parked and got out. Shoot opening the doors there were four men in black army gear with rifles all laughing around a central figure. It was a beautiful young woman with bright pink hair and piercing gray eyes. "Alright all out you pack of hyenas let's move the prisoner." The men groaned as they moved out of the back of the can the girl in the middle. "Aw, come now we're friends right? Please call me Ai." She smiled as she hopped down, the guards helped her steady since the cuffs made her loose balance. She thanked them and made her way to the door the guards on all sides of her.

The elevator opened and the two guards that weren't laughing pushed her into the elevator. Ai wasn't pleased with her treatment she scowled at the guards. As she turned she quickly changed her scowl into a smile. Waving at the other guards she exclaimed "bye guys, it wad so much fun getting to know you. I'd love to see you guys outside of work! Byeee!" As the doors closed her demeanor changed, she dropped her head and became silent. A guard pushed the button and as the rose a dark smile grew on her face. This was the beginning, this was the first step to getting her vengeance on the people who killed her comrades. As the door opened the first thing she noticed was the security. Cameras, keypads, keycards, and DNA recognition, she had her work cut out for her. Stepping out of the elevator the guards slowly maneuvered her down the halls.

They stopped a a security door and as one guard talked through the intercom the other uncuffs her. "Thank you" she says, her head was still down hiding her face. The guard scoffed in disgust, "I don't know how a murderer like you got such a good gig, your lucky that we're just letting you go." Ai finally looked at the man her monochrome eyes piercing into the guards very soul. To was so unnatural, so unreal, so... Inhuman. The guard was frozen to the spot as the girl's lips cured into a smile. Lightning shot through the man's bod to run, but he stayed as the girl slowly spoke "God works in mysterious ways," the cuffs fall to the ground as the man looks in horror at the girl. The security doors opened wide and a bright light came from the other side. Ai stares at him for a moment and then turns around her hair a flash of pink as she walked into the light. The guard that was on the intercom walked over and stood next to the horror stricken guard.

"A monster...." the guard whispered.

"What?"

"We just let a monster go..."

Blake had already made it to the restaurant. He decided not to waste anytime and get this over with, so now he sat at a table isolated from everyone else with a slice of pie and schematic he was creating. He tapped his pencil's end against his chin, focused on his work more than anything. It probably wasn't the best time but it was all Blake had to do for right now. He wrought down the devices percentage to work, which was always a 89.9, and folded the schematic. He placed it in his backpack and went back to his pie. Sweet cherry pie...." Blake looked out the window to see a woman bent over picking up papers. He stared at her for awhile before going back to his pie. After awhile, another woman with pink highlights walked in. Or was that her hair, Blake thought, unaware that he was still staring. He continued to look at the woman while he picked up his fork to stick it in his pie. He looked down as the fork clinked when it connected with the bare plate. Blake curled up his lips and looked around for the waitress who was nowhere to be found. The boy sighed before he pulled out his schematic and went work on it.

Elizabeth shoved the remaining papers into her bag and straightened her clothes. She spotted the restaurant, and carefully stepped over the curve, making certain that she didn't lose anything in the process. Entering the restaurant, the first thing that struck here was the tense atmosphere. Elizabeth scanned the walls, and spotted the lights on the cameras. From afar, she could tell from the model that they were significantly out of the pay range of a casual restaurant. Aware that she was being watched, she winked at the camera and sat down at a table across the aisle from Blake.

She beckoned for a waitress, and received a cup of black coffee. Elizabeth's phone vibrated, notifying her of an email from the supervisor of the Sentinel project. She jumped in terror- They never emailed, they only gave projects in the office. Elizabeth assumed the worst. "Shit." She whispered, "I can't fight like this. I'm not ready." Squinting her eyes in fear, Elizabeth brought the message onto the screen.

"To your left." Elizabeth folder her arms and slumped over, releasing a sigh of relief. She shifted her eyes to the left, and saw a man around her age staring at a schematic. She recognized the mechanisms, and watched him for a moment, trying to place his face. She was certain that she had seen him on the job. Using the remainder of her adrenaline, she took a deep breath, pushed her dark blonde hair from her eyes and snuck across the aisle to Blake's table. She sat across from him, and avoided eye contact. Elizabeth inspected the schematics, putting on her best smile. "89.9!" She attempted to mask her discomfort. "Our odd's have really improved, haven't they? They tell me we were working with 50/50 for a long time." Elizabeth took a slow drag of her coffee, hoping this fellow knew why the UN was bringing them together.

Blake had been so absorbed in his work that he hadn't noticed the woman that had slid her way into the seat in front of him until she spoke. He looked up to her and blinked before glaring at her. "Didn't your parents ever tell you it's not nice to stare?" Blake grabbed his schematic and walked across the restaurant before sitting in a booth next to a window where he continued his work. He mumbled words to himself, mostly about Elizabeth sneaking up on him.

Once his schematic was done he reviewed it, making sure the math was correct. Before he had got thrown into a small cell that was supposed to be his office, Blake managed to find a single file on what the UN wanted with him. He read halfway through the document before a guard found it and confiscated it. All he remembered about file was something called SEN1, a picture of the original Sentinel, a schematic of a smaller Sentinel, and a component in it failing. He decided he would use what he could remember about the schematic to fix the component and the result was beautiful. He smiled at his work just as the waitress came up to him. He asked for another slice of cherry pie and leaned back in his seat.

Elizabeth placed her mug on the table and supported her head in her hand. She let Blake walk away, in order to give him a bit of space. She watched people walk down the street, and considered walking home and trying again later. Elizabeth didn't particuarily care about Blake, but the rejection still stung. She kicked the bench he had been sitting on earlier. She grumbled to herself. "Men. This is why I'm glad I don't have to... How dense is he? The only way to make it more obvious would be to draw him a pict-"

Elizabeth broke into a smile and took a napkin from the dispenser. Withdrawing a pen for her bag, she stroked her chin with her finger and began to sketch. She swung her legs happily, as she was doing something she loved. She drew the parts for a solar energy well she had developed in college, which was later adapted as an energy weapon for the Sentinel program. Her drawings of the parts were extremely detailed, but she refrained from labeling them. On the bottom, she wrote a simple message- "If you don't know what this is, think about it. If you can't figure it out, forget about it. We may have some mutual friends." She ended the note with a drawing of a cat.

She called for a waitress, and gestured subtlety at Blake. "Could you bring this to him?" She smiled, pleased with herself. "And ask him if his parents ever told him it's rude to ignore a lady."

Blake tapped his hands on his table for awhile before the waitress came over to him with his pie and a napkin. "It's okay ma'am, I don't need a-" The woman gave Blake his pie and pointed to Elizabeth. "She asked me to give this to you." Blake looked to Elizabeth before grabbing the napkin from the waitress and examining it. He put the napkin down and started to eat his pie. He finished his pie before he looked back to Elizabeth.

Blake shook his head before he stood up and walked over to Elizabeth. He reluctantly sat down in his seat and nervously started at Elizabeth. He started to speak before he closed his mouth and groaned. He ran his fingers through his hair before putting his hands on the table. He stared silently at Elizabeth, concentrating on her for some reason.

Blake took a napkin from out of the dispenser in front of him and started to sketch a clunky looking device. He slid the napkin to Elizabeth and glared at her. "Neural Enhancement Device. What does that say to you?"

After three years of solitude, three years without light, three years of padded walls and stale food, she was free. Raising her hands to the sky she smiled a true smile for the first time in years. She twirled around happy just to breathe fresh air. Then she just stood there for a moment looking up at that perfect blue sky. Her father's voice echoed in head "Remember Ai, in the sky there are always answers and explanations for everything." She took one last look at the sky, feeling the ache of her departed father. Then she averted her gaze to the horizon, where she saw a black car waiting for her. Leaving one prison to walk into another. She gave a heavy sigh and got into the car.

Looking out she saw the scenery pass her by she gazed upon it unblinkingly. Making her way to the meeting place Ai took this time to think. So I have been chosen to pilot a Sentinel? How interesting that they would drudge me from a military asylum. Either it's slim pickings or they know something I don't. She frowned at this, someone knowing something she doesn't! It is infuriating! She would just have to use her talents to discover the truth. The car finally came to a stop, Ai walked out leaving the door wide open. She watched as her driver got out and closed the door. With this she could tell that he was armed, a UN official and not as irritable as the sniper in the passenger's seat. Well so much for freedom. Should I gut them now or later, hmm decisions, decisions. Ai thought about it and decided not to. Instead she looked at the people in the restraunt. She noticed that only two were present so far. Elizabeth Caldwell, 21, pilot, UN tech lapdog, vodka lover, easy and Blake Eugene Fisher, also 21, tactician, genius with Sherlock Holmes personality and trust issues, probably from childhood, moderate. Let's hope this information was right. Otherwise a certain somebody isn't going to be a father, ever. Flipping her hair she took a deep breath and walked over.

She looked at the two of them and smiled meekly. She slowly pulls some of her hair back and glances at the two of them. "Um, hi. Sorry to bother you, but is this where we meet for the" she turns her head as if to make sure no one was listening. Then leans in and whispers, "SEN1 project?"

Elizabeth returned his glare with a slight smile. She preferred to be direct when communicating with strangers. Having to convince a stranger that she had something to offer was a social process that she was never exceptionally good at, but she was comforted by Blake's silence. She would rather be ignored by somebody who had no times for others, rather than on account of her social shortcomings. She took a pull of coffee as she inspected the diagram- It reminded her of a program she created as a teenager, a simple physics game that calculated the required strength in order to topple various national landmarks. She loved to fantasize about having that sort of power.

Elizabeth took both napkins and began to fold them. She spoke carefully, in order to avoid offense. "It tells me." She leaned back and stretched. "It tells me that we have a lot in common. Probably a lot of the same questions. " She looked out the window, staring at a business meeting in a building across the street. "I knew it when I saw the schematics. Forgive me for speaking directly, but I wonder what they expect from you. If they've told you." She sighed. "They want me to pilot. Whatever that truly means, I'm not sure."

When Ai approached, Elizabeth gave her a smile and invited her to sit down. She spoke with a gentle tone."Yep. For now. I'm Elizabeth. Not sure on his name." Elizabeth looked directly into a camera, trained on the table and switched to a whisper. "They know everything about us, the UN. Ever since I was transferred into the SEN1 program, they've been telling me less and less. They've got an impossible amount of protection. I would bet I could count the amount of people who know anything on my right hand." Her whisper turned softer as she thought aloud. "I just don't know if I can trust them anymore. And why should I? I don't owe them anything."

She flicked the napkins, now a paper swan and turtle onto the table behind Blake. "So, Ai." She spoke in a casual tone, emulating the confidence she saw in the male half of a couple on a date a few tables away. "What's up?"

Walter was late. he had woken up late that morning, and had nearly forgotten about the meeting. Apparently, being late for a noon meetup wasn't so hard after all. He had woken up with spit drooling down his chin while in an awkward position on the sofa, mind completely blank. Slowly, memories started returning to him- his breakthrough in his FAR project, something improvised and created completely by him for the government. It's supposed to work. In theory. He shot out of bed, giddy with excitement; this meetup would give him the opportunity to actually give them the files he's been working on! He quickly slid into the shower, ignoring bits and pieces of crumpled paper and his devices. Walter took a steaming shower to wake his brain up and quickly got ready in his favorite blue checked shirt and faded jeans. He stuffed a USB and most of his drawings for the FAR foam in his satchel.

Walter stepped out of the building to be greeted by a warm wind. After a while, he found the restaurant where he was greeted by a waitress. He then got directed to a table where two people already sat seated and a third member with loud, bright hair who was standing. He skirted his way around her, until he was standing somewhere in front of the already seated woman, who looked like a nice person. He decided to take his chance with her, rather than the moody man on the other side.

"Uh, does this happen to be the.... special table?" He asked her timidly, unsure of himself in the new surroundings and at the same time itching to show his progress.

Pantsperson said:
When Ai approached, Elizabeth gave her a smile and invited her to sit down. She spoke with a gentle tone."Yep. For now. I'm Elizabeth. Not sure on his name." Elizabeth looked directly into a camera, trained on the table and switched to a whisper. "They know everything about us, the UN. Ever since I was transferred into the SEN1 program, they've been telling me less and less. They've got an impossible amount of protection. I would bet I could count the amount of people who know anything on my right hand." Her whisper turned softer as she thought aloud. "I just don't know if I can trust them anymore. And why should I? I don't owe them anything." She flicked the napkins, now a paper swan and turtle onto the table behind Blake. "So, Ai." She spoke in a normal tone, emulating the confidence she saw in the male half of a couple on a date a few tables away. "What's up?"
Ai was planning to sit next to Elisabeth, creating a more friendly mood. However, a walking fool has blocked her entry, so she took the seat across from her. She glanced over at Blake, but didn't say anything. She shuffled around, letting her cheeks glow a light shade of red. She looked at the other boy who just so happened to be her next target. Walter Greene, 20, nice kid, was learning chemistry in college till this, easy. She stared for another minute before turring her attention back to Elisabeth. "Oh nothing much," she gave a warm smile, her face bright red "I am a little nervous about the whole thing. I wish I understood more about what's going on." She glanced at the others to see if they showed any signs of knowledge, but nothing. She leans in closer "I mean I thought there was only one sentinel, but now there are six! How odd!"

Blake look to before looking back to his cherry pie. He stood up and walked to his table and plate before walking back, a big piece of the pie already in his mouth. He sat back down in his seat before finishing his pie. "All I know is that they want you to pilot a Sentinel I'm suppose to be a tactician. Whatever that mean's." Blake took a napkin out of the dispenser and looked to Walter. "If by special you mean SEN1. If not, then no." Blake handed his plate to a waiter who was walking by before he pulled out the schematic of large gun entitled 37mm Rapid-Firing Rotary Gun. "Does anyone know what this is?"

(I'm not sure if/when the others are going to join, so I'm going to advance the plot a little bit. You can either have just been with us, or find a clever way to introduce character into the story.) Elizabeth nodded to Walter. "Yeah. Please, join us." She looked between Ai and Walter, hoping that one of them would provide some sort of information. She caught Ai's stare and allowed herself to stare into her eyes. She developed a slight pink color, and recoiled with a gasp. "Six Sentinels? They told me there was two." She covered her mouth and stared into her coffee, before reasserting her gaze. "How did you? Why do you..." She looked into the camera, and watched in the lens as a sharply dressed man passed through the doorway. "What are they plan-" She was interrupted by the waitresses and customers hurriedly leaving in a group.

Logan stepped out of his armored car behind the restaurant and watched the camera feed from his cellphone. He was a tall, African American bald man. He was dressed in a black suit with the UN seal on the breast pocket. He kept his eye on Ai, ready to make the call to have her subdued. "Perhaps the Sentinels chose their pilots unwisely. A psycopath, a drunk and a child- and those are the ones who showed up on time."Growing tired of waiting, he decided to make his entrance. He stepped through the door and nodded to the hostess, who signaled to the people in the restaurant that they had finished. They quietly shuffled out of the restaurant, and Logan walked to the group and stood over them with folded arms.

"My name is Commander Logan Bishop." He looked into each of their eyes, keeping contact with Blake the longest. "Actors. UN staff. A free meal is all it takes for someone to put in some overtime." He pulled out six diagrams of different Sentinels and distributed one to each pilot. "I don't know what you think you know about the Sentinel program, and I don't care how you feel about it. The work we are doing is critical to mankind's future, and that means your full cooperation is required. That is all the information I am authorized to give you at this time. Anybody have problem with that?"

Blake was probably focused on Logan more than anyone. After awhile he forgot all about him and went back to his pie. "Ya, sure. I'm fine with that." Blake honestly didn't care what they were doing, as long as he had something to do with the Sentinels. It was his life long dream to pilot one but it seems like his dream wouldn't be coming true any time soon. Blake finished his pie and looked to Ai, Walter, and Elizabeth. It seemed like he was going to have to get to know them now. This was gonna be harder for him than learning to pilot one of those massive Sentinel's.

Ai looked at the man with a mask of unblinking innocence. A look of awe and confusion, her eyes sparkling. To anyone she looked like a innocent girl. However, underneath the mask, she smiled a cold dark smile. So he finally showed himself huh? Not a patient one is he? Never the less, at least he has answers. She looked at the Commander her gaze unblinking and slowly shook her head. "No problems here commander." Her gaze finished her sentence, unless you make one for me. She smiled at him, the smile not reaching her eyes. it wasn't a threat more of a warning. She'll do her job as long as they don't get in her way. She slowly raised her hand and tugged at a strand of her hair. She looked at the others, her future partners and then back at the commander.

Yuri was riding on his motorcycle to the restaurant, not the usual vehicle for traveling with a Commander, but it was all he had off base. The journey to the restaurant was short, but behind the armored car that seemed to stop if any danger was presented; then you could say it could have been faster. Yuri wasn't given a lot of information to process on the ride over, but the stuff he was told was worrying enough. A few days before he was given information on the first sentinel, then little by little the rest of the sentinels. and now his role in this. The hardened soldier wouldn't be seeing any action, but instead would act as the military presence in the program by directing the missions. This gave many questions to the young man, but no one to answer them yet.

When Yuri followed in the Commander it was only after they had dismissed the workers and customers. Yuri was engulfed in the many people, the UN staff and actors making there way out of the building in an orderly fashioned that allowed him to pass through. By the time the pilots could see him the Commander was already done with his speech, leaving Yuri to promptly make his statement. "No sir." He stepped forward, taking his place next to the Commander and his guards. From the suits and ties the Commander and his guard were wearing, the darkened jeans, tight jacket, and black sunglasses made Yuri look more like a model then a soldier.

With his stance next to the Commander, Yuri looked over each person in front of him, trying to remember the files he read on them. The one who caught his eye the most was Ai, which was to be expected by someone who read her profile. When he took off his glasses it was obvious his eyes were on her, but his solemn expression showed nothing calmness in his demeanor. This girl was who he was told to watch, carefully and with ever diligence, for she was a danger.

Huntrey said:
With his stance next to the Commander, Yuri looked over each person in front of him, trying to remember the files he read on them. The one who caught his eye the most was Ai, which was to be expected by someone who read her profile. When he took off his glasses it was obvious his eyes were on her, but his solemn expression showed nothing calmness in his demeanor. This girl was who he was told to watch, carefully and with ever diligence, for she was a danger.
Ai turned to see who had come in late. Yuri Walkowiak, that wretched family, 26, tactician, military progeny, probability of him being her warden... high. As he came in she knew he was military, wether she read his file or not. Casual clothes couldn't hide it she could tell by his demeanor that he was military bred. She wouldn't let that pretty face fool her, he had read her file. He was her enemy. As he got closer Ai could feel his eyes on her. Not one to back away from a challenge she calmly turned her head and locked on to his eyes. Her expression was emotionless, but her piercing gray eyes, shone. They shone with something like anticipation. So they think the little Walkowiak progeny can keep me at bay? Ha! I'll strangle him with his own intestines. Walkowiak filth. or better yet.... She continued to gaze at him no emotion to see, but her eyes began to smile.

Logan

shook Yuri's hand. He smiled broadly and placed his hand on Ai's shoulder in a condescending manner. "Thank you for your cooperation. Consider yourselves blessed, that the UN considers your operations important enough to enlist a member of the Walkowiaks to supervise you." He looked between the group. "I don't know if any of you are religious, but if there's anytime for faith I'd say it'd be now." He patted Ai's shoulder and turned to walk out.
Without looking back, he spoke in a slightly disingenuous, fatherly tone. "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God." He paused and bowed his head.

"Scriptures help me sleep at night. At 7:00 tommorow morning, located Pilots will attempt to synchronize with their Sentinels. Mr. Walkowiak and Mr. Fisher will oversee the operation. At 6:30, all personnel assigned to the operation will report to the General Assembly building for further instructions. You have three days to successfully synchronize. We have no alternative. You are free to go." Logan nodded at Yuri, and left the restaurant.

Elizabeth inspected Yuri with suspicion, but made an effort to avoid making presumptions. She began to speak, but didn't allow herself to start. She thought for a moment, before attempting to make conversation. "Big shoes to fill." She spoke with a light, anxious studder. "That must suck. " Elizabeth shifted her gaze back to Blake and Ai. "Three days. Until what, do you think?" Elizabeth slumped back in her seat and twisted a strand of hair around her finger. "I'm going to need a bottle of... coffee if they actually expect me to pilot that contraption." She idly looked in Ai's direction as she thought.

Ai mentally grimaced as the Commander touched her. I'm not sure, but I think the commander wants to loose that hand. On the outside she paid no heed. In fact she smiled when he patted her shoulder. Turning to watch him leave she listened to him quote a passage from the bible and scoffed. I don't need you to redeem me. I don't need redemption. I need revenge and you, commander, you are my tool. I fear nothing because that is all there is, nothing. There is no Father, no Jesus, no God, only Me. My Sentinel will lead me to my rightful vengeance. My retribution.

She gazed off deep in thought as the commander disappeared out of sight. Then she gave a sharp glance at Yuri and looked back at Elisabeth. Ai took on her new persona and placing a finger to her chin her cutest ponder, "I don't think coffee comes in bottles, but I guess it could." She gave Elisabeth a warm smile hoping that this would ease her doubts. "You know maybe it will be fun. We should do as the commander says and have faith. With that I'm sure we will all do just fine." Ai wanted to gag from all the positivity she was pouring out. But it was true as long as she had faith that her sentinel would bs the weapon in which she will reap her vengeance, all will be well. "Yes all will be well."

Walter's schematics and plans literally burnt up in his mind. The military's like this? He thought. According to the looks of the other people's faces, they thought more or less the same as him. Except for that girl, what was her name? Ai, and she gave him the shivers. Walter was good at scrutinizing people, and he knew that under that facade was something more sinister. He pushed those thoughts aside, and focused at the task at hand. What had he just said? "Uh, I-I'm confused... What now?" He asked cautiously to no one in particular, trying to grasp what was happening. Walter finally sat down and was content brooding dark thoughts and contemplating what he hand has team had just got themselves into.

(Sorry for the short post- School)

Elizabeth mindlessly studied the card of diagram of the Sentinel assigned to her. It was drawn in a cutesy Anime, colorful style with Japanese characters littered about. The diagrams were incredibly detailed, with her Sentinel striking a dramatic pose. Standing by the leg was an incredibly sexualized blonde character, wearing glasses and furiously typing on a laptop- It took Elizabeth a moment to recognize it was meant to be her. Both figures stood on the words "Gladiator Force: Nighttime!" in a large impact font. Elizabeth saw the other pilot's cards, and couldn't help but laugh at Walter's carefully drawn torso and Ai's comically large breasts. She immediately recognized the purpose of the cards- They gave the Pilots valuable information, while anybody who found the card would assume it to be a simple advertisement. If anybody tried to use the cards as proof of new Sentinels, they would be thoroughly mocked.

Elizabeth patted Walter on the shoulder, and extended her hand. "FAR foam, right? Awesome stuff. I'm glad we at least have brains on this team." She looked into the side of Walter's shoulder while she considered how to talk to Ai. She turned and placed her head on the windowsill. For her own comfort, she looked into Ai's eyes and tried only to see the persona. She pretended that she hadn't gotten reports of her arrival in an armed car, orders to be prepared to defend herself. She especially tried to convinced herself that she hadn't read Ai's files. She returned her smile with a blush and allowed a small giggle to escape her mouth. "It's a big city, isn't it? I'm sure there's an indie coffee place in Williamsburg that only serves drinks in toy cars or something." She rotated her body, now laying with her legs in the seat. "What do you guys think of getting out of here? First day of the rest of our lives tommorow, might as well leave this shitty restaurant."

(Don't worry about post length, man. I know how busy our lives get this time of year. All is good as long as you have more than three sentences c:)

Ai nodded at the girls words. "True, indeed." She was only half paying attention, her focus was on her Sentinel. Ignoring the ridiculous pose and doodles, these schematics were ingenious. She studied everything memorizing every inch. The sleek and slender bird like desing was extremely useful for it's speed and flight capabilities. Ai's heart fluttered for a moment, but she quickly stopped it. I have a mission and childish dreams are not one of them. She watched as Elisabeth kicked her feet up on the chairs. She gave a smile as she slowly got up, "I would love to. However, I have some items to procure. So I will see you all tomorrow."

Yuri's eyes had no sense of prosecution, not judging Ai in the least, but would take into account her background. The smile caught him a bit off guard, but Yuri was someone with manors so he sent a small grin her way. I will play your games Ai, but I do not plan to lose. I have a mission, and if you dare step in my way... Yuri let the smile fade, returning to his calm expression, An asylum will be nothing compared to my discipline. After the Commander shook his hand he returned the grip, but nothing that would rival his strength. Sadly Yuri wasn't surprised when the Commander drew upon a religious quote, for his parents were notorious for it also, but it never comforted Yuri. Putting his trust in a hierarchy system of someone being a lord would never work, Yuri controlled his own fate.

As the Commander left, the guard following him, Yuri looked over all the members of the group. "Getting out of here sounds wonderful, maybe go to a real facility of any sorts." Yuri gave a nod to the door, ready to leave anytime they were, but his attention turned when Ai started to leave. "Leaving so soon Ai? Without even getting to know your team? I think some time with each other would do well for everyone." The obvious military man was attempting to show some sort of social acceptance for her, as he often had trouble with, and the almost order like suggestion hinted at this.

Blake looked to the others and smiled. It wasn't exactly a 'I'm going to like you people' smile. More like a 'I'm smiling because I think it'll comfort you while I make my escape' smile. "I think that sounds great and all, but I have important things to do. Very... Very.... Important. So, meet you later? I guess I'll see you guys at.... Where ever it was he said to meet up at. I'm sure I'll remember soon. Anyways, bye and good luck with that Sentinel." Blake stood up and walked out the door past both Ai and Yuri, starting to jog back to his place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back