inFAMOUS

Dreadpool

King Dreadpool, the Wrathful
-The Blast (2 Months Ago)-

RememberingEmpireCity.png

"It came quick.... initially, people thought it was a nuclear bomb. In the middle of the historic district, where people had been going about their day, perhaps taking a stroll, lazing around at the park, or going to work, the blast had set off. A vast wave of energy tearing through the streets, sending vehicles and debris scattering along the area. Thousands were vaporized in the vortex, and six square blocks had been smashed into rubble. And at the center.... was a me, sliding into unconsciousness.

Minutes before, just before I was supposed to deliver a package, I had received a phone call. The voice, whoever the heck it was, claimed that the package belonged to him, and that he should open it immediately. Curious, I did.... and by god it was the worst mistake I could have ever made. I could feel its energy leeching off of me, and even knocked out, I could.... I dunno, sense what was happening around me.

"Civilians crying in terror, people running through the streets, trying to escape falling buildings. Immediately afterwards, people apparently began dying from radiation. Next thing you know, guns are blaring all around the roads. People going crazy, thinking it was the end, reacting in the most chaotic of ways. Thefts, homicides, all sorts of crap, Empire City had gone to heck. The government had cut it off from the rest of the united states, quarantined it. Now none of us could get out.... and no one else could get in.

"But that was just the beginning. Days later, reports were saying that people were beginning to display odd side-effects. People with inexplicable powers, like flying, creating flames out of nowhere, heck, some people were mutated from the irregular particles from the blast it seemed. Factions banding together, each with different ideas on what to do in this chaos. Now I've got this weird affliction, relating to electricity. I'm not nearly close to mastering it, but only time will tell.

"My name is Cole Macgrath, a survivor among this chaos. When I opened the package, whatever the heck that bomb was, I destroyed our civilization. And now this is the new world, inexplicable, chaotic, where anything goes, and survival is priority. In the emergence of this new existence, it's time to find my place in the world.... and I can say the same for anyone else who's experienced what I'm going through now."

A bullet whizzed past Cole's head. His eyes darted around, electricity crackling around his arms. Before he could even get a glimpse of his attacker, he felt an immense level of pain in his abdomen. The reapers.... that had opened a WALL of gunfire upon him, intent on killing him like they had done to so many others. And before he knew it, another round of shots had fired upon his back. Two grenades had rolled over onto his sides, but there was no use. Their mission was done. Cole was dead.

A single question remained. Who created the bomb, created the sphere that would create so much chaos? Few people have thought about this in the wake of the destruction. Whoever that person was… hes created a scar on this world, created something that will never be forgotten.

The choice of what you do with your powers is entirely up to you, just know that your choices could make you revered as a hero, or hated as an infamous villain.

From this point forward, whatever choices you make here are entirely your own. What will you do in the emergence of a new era, with fluctuating abilities? What friendships and rivalries will you build? How will you survive in this new world? The choice is yours.... choose wisely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back