India.

Lotus1

what region of Creation is most like India according to the books?

i thought about the the southeast, southwest, or like one of the islands, but i dont know which fits the description the most.

is An-teng anything like it? or is it more like hawaii?

alright i know i should just by the supplement book, and i will, but for now i gotta just know a bit about An Teng.

what do the people look like, where exactly is anteng, and what sort of crops do they grow?

in the pictures in the book does it look very East indianish? Is it under the influence of realm or the guild? and lastly any major gods, or nearby fairfolk?

Blood and Salt is the book, it details both An-teng and the Lintha, who are really cruel bastards, and that's is saying something in Exalted.  An-teng is under the rule of the Realm and is their equivalent of Mexico.  It is warm, it has colorful natives and one can get anything with enough money, no questions asked.

I made a huge list of plants by region at the White Wolf wiki.  Follow the sig to over 700 plants arranged by were they are found in Creation.

In general, an herbal formula should allow some minor benefit.  A common benefit, in Exalted parlance, would be to allow a mortal to resist a poison or disease as if they were one of the Exalted.  A formula for a specific disease or poison would be a level one formula while a formula for all diseases or all poisons would be a level two formula.  Immunity to a specific disease or poison would require a level three formula while complete immunity to all diseases or all poisons would probably require a level four formula.

Other than the above, herbal formulas should only give a modest benefit.  Prolonged use of specific herbal formulas would realistically justify exceptional levels in certain attributes, though some people nowadays do not seem to think so, more their lose.  Too many people think that there is a medical miracle around the corner for every disease or disability.  There may be, but I would not suggest holding one's breath.

yeah i know i should get it and yea i will get it, but i just got 2n ed fatsplat and terrestrial direction, so its gonna be a while.

so thats why i need this info cus it will be a while before i get enough money to go and continue to try to collect all the supplements. hell i already own all the fatsplats.

but anywho like mexico? fuck, thats not at all how i was hoping it would be.

like you sure its nothing like imperialist controlled india?

how do the people feel about realm. just gimme a brief synopsis. with a little more info.

From what I remember (not having my book handy), DBs vacation in An Teng. It's like their French Riviera, so they're pretty pro-Realm. In fact, it could be said that there are, indeed, similarities between it and Imperialist controlled India. There may be some resistance, but if it is, it's way underground. If there is resistance, it's beaten down. Hard. Because of the Realm presence, I don't think there's much god activity there. Again, I may not be remembering that correctly. I think it's also a bit more marshy than Mexico, so it does seem a bit more like India.

But this is all from memory, so take it all with a grain of salt. I make no promises as to the veracity of the information contained herein.

thats all i wanted to hear.

i dont expect like concrete answers, as long as everything makes sense thats cool.

another Q, is the JAde plum citadel a city or a military fortress?

Culturally, An-Teng is not unlike Malaysia or Thailand.

The Jade Plum Citadel is both military fortress and governmental centre.

hey i appreciate that info. thats exactly what i wanted to hear. thai and malay folk are influenced by indian culture enough that it wouldnt be too weird to have indian style attire.

hehe awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back