• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Increased Private Message Limit

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
Since PM's have been brought up, I'd like to express a concern.

A conversation is limited to 10 people (for non-staff members at least...). After I invite up to that limit, I can't invite new people - not even after kicking some out. For example in my group PM for Amaranth I removed the players who left the game, totaling 7 people in the conversation after the kicks, but when trying to add 3 new people I got the message that I can only reinvite old members and not invite new ones, apparently because the limit was once reached. This doesn't make any sense :/

Eventually I opened a brand new conversation.

This invitation problem is an issue within both the Xenforo core and a conversation addon that give you the power to kick users from the conversation. Unfortunately it can't really be fixed from our end as you did invite those recipients (it does not delete them from the registry just because they are kicked).

The limitation is also placed there to prevent one user from spamming a large amount of people on the site and to prevent one person from inviting basically the whole site into one PM. Its a common maneuver to prevent spam and other issues like that.

That being said, I can understand why the 10 limit can be problematic. While raising it wouldn't really "fix" the problem, it would provide a larger buffer to invite and remove players. We as a Staff will consider what the new limit will be for registered users.

After some deliberation, the maximum has been increased to 20. We hope this at least resolves some of your issues.

It should more than suffice. Not that I expect to need 20 people in a PM, but it will come in perfect to allow more new invites after kicks.

Thank you, Miz! *bark* :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back