• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered In regards to Off-site RP (I think this might be in the wrong place)

trueliesaa

Just going to start by asking mods to move this if it needs moved. Can't quite tell where it should go.

I like to RP on skype and am not much of a forum RPer but I like to be able to tap the vast resources of creativity and countless partners that a big forum site like this has to offer. Am I able to ask others to do offsite RP on things like skype and if so where do those requests go? I'm asking here because the blurb said it has to do at least partially with setup and this is kind of a 'setup' issue sooo yeah.

I'm afraid that you can't ask others to RP with you off-site. There's too much risk as we can't moderate those kinds of RPs. I hope you understand.

It's right here, rule number 4

But we do have a Discord chat in which you could interact with other site users. It offers both Voice-Chat and instant messaging and it's completely free.

Here's a tutorial on how to set it up and use it.

Click me!

I hope this helped you.

Whoah. It's been forever. Apparently things have changed, since there's now an off site RP area here on RPNation. That being said, I apparently don't have access to it. How do I qualify?

Whoah. It's been forever. Apparently things have changed, since there's now an off site RP area here on RPNation. That being said, I apparently don't have access to it. How do I qualify?
If I remember correctly, you'll need at least 10 posts here in RpNation to access the off-site RP area. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong tho.

If I remember correctly, you'll need at least 10 posts here in RpNation to access the off-site RP area.

That's right. To access Off-site Ads you need 10 posts on the forums.

So trueliesaa trueliesaa just needs 1 more post and then it might take up to an hour for permissions to update.

I also recommend checking the FAQ about the Off-Site area and Recruitment Rules about what can and can't be posted there :)

Alright; one more post, so this response should count? Anyway, I was a little confused about that. Can someone spell out for me what the process is for getting someone to RP in DMs (Or, potentially, in a 2-person server just for me and my partner, since that's nice for organizational purposes.) on Discord? The recruitment info basically says everything needs to be done on-site, if I read it correctly, but I remember reading somewhere else something to the extent of 'Sharing your private discord information publically on-site is discouraged' so I'm confused exactly what I'm supposed to do.

Alright; one more post, so this response should count? Anyway, I was a little confused about that. Can someone spell out for me what the process is for getting someone to RP in DMs (Or, potentially, in a 2-person server just for me and my partner, since that's nice for organizational purposes.) on Discord? The recruitment info basically says everything needs to be done on-site, if I read it correctly, but I remember reading somewhere else something to the extent of 'Sharing your private discord information publically on-site is discouraged' so I'm confused exactly what I'm supposed to do.

This post will count :) You may not get access immediately after the post but shouldn't take more than an hour to update permissions, the process is automatic.

Off-Site Ads is actually a place where you can share Discord information if you're willing to rp on Discord (that's why it's called Off-site!). There is even Discord prefix there that you can use to indicate that it's where you want to rp!

The process itself is exactly the same as looking for roleplays on the site. You can post a thread where you describe what kind of rp you want and that you want it on Discord.
Just please keep in mind that all Recruitment rules apply for off-site roleplays the same way as on-site (such as no erotic content).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back