In-Character

It had been a long day and classes were finally winding down and about to let everyone out for the day. Marcus was getting really bored so he winded up sleeping in his last class, luckily uninterrupted. When they were dismissed for the day many were going out to their sports or clubs while he decided to check around and see if anyone was getting bullied. Yes, Marcus has a thing for beating up bullies at any chance he could get. This didn't always make him the most liked person, mainly by the school staff, but those who were being victimized couldn't help but seeing him as a hero. He didn't really care too much about being seen as a hero as long as those who bullied started to change their ways. But with the way the world was changing with spell codes they always seemed to come back packing with a different one. Sometimes they even try to fight him directly but always seem to fail.

It was starting to look uneventful for him so he decided that today it would be nice to just head on home and try out that new fighter he bought the day before. Well he was until in broad daylight three guys with their cellphones out were blocking his way off of school campus.

"Really guys, you could of waited until we were in a dark alley before you showed yourselves first."

"Shut up we don't have time to wait for you to have a chance to escape. Besides we know someone like you wouldn't run away from us if others were in risk of being in danger."

They were right plenty of students hadn't left yet so there would be a problem if they did get hurt because he ran away or tried to draw them away from the school. Besides not every student at the school has spell codes useful for fighting, which really should be more common from how he felt (except maybe not the stupid students anyway).

RaynaFon RaynaFon AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

Leaning against the a wall on the the campus of Eastern River London high, Ivis watched the fight between four young boys. Hidden in the background by obsura, she made sure to watch for any oddities of the spellcodes that the three assailants were using.

It was really quite assmusing, actually, how easily it was to con people with incomplete spell codes, while not conning them at the same time. So many people sign up to buy these unfinished codes and even pay money just so they can have "the newest version of power".

The person who created the codes, her "adoptive father", was Glention Verfaillie. Known publicly as a doctor that ran a clinic on the border of the east and northern parts of the city. However, behind the sence he was also a code research and creater. Mainly focusing on codes that effected the body. Codes involing healing, augments, impairments, ect.

She mostly just collected data for him, much as she was now. He then used the data to finish his codes, which then was given to the mafia, who eithet used them for themselves or gave it to Speltech who they were current partnered with. The mafia they were apart of?

Moonlight Rhapaody. A well known organisation that mainly operated in the northern part of the city, but reached out to parts of the eastern side too.

Ivis yawned as she watched the fight from the background. She didn't really care what happened if she was honest. So long as she could get her data so she can head home, the lives of the four about to fight really didn't really matter to her.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

June was the first to stand up. Only twenty minutes had passed since the professor gave out the test, but June was already packing up. The test had comprised of floor plans for a ranch style house and introductions to identify all the structural flaws. June always though that classes at Nova Tech would be harder for her, but she was sadly mistaken. June turned in her assignment and began her walk to the campus dojo. Classes might be over but the day was still young.

After a short walk, June found herself in front of her dojos sliding wooden door. Slung over her shoulder, she carried her bookbag as well as her treasured katana which was sheathed and stored in its own carrying case. A cool autumn breeze blew by as she admired the dojo's insignia, the white lotus. June slid the door to the side and entered the dojo. Her body immediately tensed as she realized that the dojo had visitors. Three boys stood in the main dojo in black kendo attire, all of them attempting to look menacing. The lad in the middle step forward as June slid the door close.

"June Lee," he grunted, "The midnight dragon school of kendo to reclaim the title of the greatest dojo in London."

To this June rolled her eyes,"Alright. Alright. Just gimme a second," she said as she stole away into a changing room.

"Now, now... I am an investigator! A doctor! A sleuth It is my job -- nay, my calling! -- to collect evidence from a crime scene and to, through series of deductions, proudly point the finger of justice at nefarious ne'er-do-wells such as yourselves. Committing your crimes in broad daylight, however, makes it much too easy for me. I appreciate a challenge! The intellectual stimulation of inquiry and observation. Your help will go without recognition today, I'm afraid." With a flourish and hand on hip, the approaching self-appointed private investigator and teenager Ernis Blythe jabbed his finger in the direction of the three telegraphing to all their ill-intent towards the school; his peacoat fluttering wildly with movements so extravagant that his houndstooth cap but barely remained on his head, Ernis presented himself as having a flair for the dramatic. Returning his hands to his pockets -- discretely preparing his phone for Spell Code use -- Ernis's fiery proclamation subsided, giving way to a cool and icy persona that conflicted with the whole of his introduction. "I'm afraid I don't have too much time to spend here, but enough time to issue the proper punishments I suppose; I do feel the need to warn that as a private investigator, I've no need to adhere to the same due processes as the authorities I'm sure you're used to dealing with."

Stitched to his peacoat was the emblem for the Baskerville schools; from whence Ernis came was unknown, though it beggared the question why someone unfamiliar to this particular area of London would be so far from where they belonged. Though now that he had appeared, flanking the blatantly malicious bullies with the other yet-unknown student, he clearly had no intention of leaving things be.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Marcus was about to quickly pound their faces in when a newcomer had added himself in the mix. From the looks of the emblem on his clothes he went to a different school. He definitely also had his own way of presenting himself since he didn't just swoop and take the guys out quickly like he have had the roles been reversed.

"Tough talk coming from a dead man," said one of the thugs. "You will pay dearly for trying to get in our way."

He pulled out his phone and activated his spell code, which did something rather odd. Pieces of rock, asphalt, and stone bricks all gathered together to make a kind of stone golem. Following the example of their leader the other two did the same. Doing so they created two more rock golems. This was only odd to Marcus because the spell codes used must of been at least A rank which was rare to see from guys like this. He had one himself but only because he went through hoops just to get his hands on it. Lucky for him it was perfectly suit for this kind of situation.

"Really That was all you had to take me on with? Well I guess I'm gonna have to disappoint you today."

[Enhanced Agility]
[Enhanced Reflexes]
[Enhanced Strength]

Rushing into the fight with reckless abandon Marcus completely shattered one of the golems with complete ease. That put a smile on his face, but maybe too soon as it may. The golem reformed just as quick as it was destroyed. With even seen to be given an order the golem, with the help of the others, attack with three giant fist coming for him. He was able to dodge out of the way but it was obvious that his normal method of using brute was not the answer.

"Hey detective guy, you gonna just stand there? Some help would be nicely appreciated right now."

AkioTheHero AkioTheHero RaynaFon RaynaFon

Ivis rolled her eyes at the declaration of the newest person to join the fight between the four boys. If there was one thing she disliked more than goody-two-shoes and self proclaimed heroes, it was people that didn't know how to keep their nose outof other people's business, and this kid was both of those things rolled up into one wonderful package of disgust.

"It doesn't look like it'll mess with the data collecting, so whatever. Let them kill eachother, less work for me when it's all over."

Soon enough, the fight started. The first target of the 3 bullies attacked first, smashing one of the golems. The regeneration of the golem was abit slow, but it was in the margin of error to be acceptable. The other other thing is if these golems will follow orders this time around. Judging by the way they attacked without a command, they were likely berserk as they were last time.

"Oh well, maybe they won't end up targeting the users as well."

It wasn't Ivis' job to care, so she just continued to wait in the background.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

"Why, its elementary, my dear friend; unlike you, it is oh, so hard for me to rush into fights like so. Observing and learning about the manner in which my opponents battle becomes a chore without a valued ally like you there to act as a part of the ever-so-integral experimentation phase of combat." With the very same panache of his introduction, Ernis removed his phone from his pocket with a showy twirl. Stilling it with a newly firm grasp, he held the screen forward, presenting to Marcus a screen cluttered with code and equations. "These, my friend, are 'instructions'. Now, do me a favor, and don't dodge!" Relaying the command to Marcus, Ernis tapped his phone and returned it to his pocket, and, though imperceptibly, Ernis gritted his teeth, preparing himself for the pain that was to come.

No sooner than he had done so had the middlemost of the three golems suddenly halted in its aggression against Marcus, freezing up very much as if it had just then returned to nothing more than but stone. Shake and wobbling, it would seem very much as if the golem were about to collapse; however, quite shockingly the opposite, with speed and force much greater than the golems had up until then exhibited, the construct whirled about and extended its arms to either side, clotheslining the other two and catching them with relative ease just the moment before Marcus would be helplessly reduced to mincemeat by their colossal fists; at very much the same time, Ernis's entire body would shutter violently as blood seeped from under his fingernails, pooling beneath him and reddening the sidewalk. "Stop me if you've heard this one before," he coughed, attempting to show himself as proud and strong despite the sudden inexplicable weakness that has overcome him, "An A-Rank Spell Code called 'Necromancy.' It allows the user to relay metaphysical instructions to any inanimate object within close proximity to themselves that it has to unconditionally follow until the very end; however, not only does it allow the user to control nonliving objects, it allows them to use their body as a catalyst to 'overclock' them, forcing them to operate at levels far beyond their normal capability at the price of the user's own physicality."

As if on queue, immediately following Ernis's boastful explanation, the golem that had now began following Ernis's instructions began to effortlessly push the other two back, making use of the newfound imbalance caused by having caught them while in motion, and tossed them towards the group of bullies with a force great enough to shatter them so that the two targeted bullies were not subjected to fatal blunt force trauma. "I think you know what to do now!" Ernis shouted to Marcus over the commotion, "Get the leader's phone!"

Marcus didn't need to be told twice for him to get the picture. Rushing at full speed he cleared the distance in 3 seconds flat. Just to make thing be a little more fun he placed his left and over the leaders and forced him down to the ground on his back. At the same time he winded back his right hand back in and fist and drove it on home to the guys chest while he was on the way down. The impact wasn't enough to kill him or to even make a small crater, but for sure he was going to be feeling that one for a very long time. Satisfied with his own handy work his leaned down to take his cell phone. Just taking a nice look for himself he could already tell that the spell codes they were using definitely were not the kind you could just order online for.

"Here you go one cell phone with obviously illegal spell codes," he said to the newcomer. "Oh and my name is Marcus, thanks for the help with those guys. Might of took me way longer than I would of want that to be."

Marcus always had to remember that his told him that no matter what if some one took the time to help you that you need to thank them, even if you didn't know or like them.

"Although I do have to ask, why were you even around here in the first place?"

RaynaFon RaynaFon AkioTheHero AkioTheHero

Users who are viewing this thread