In Character Thread

Roman

How troublesome...
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Chapter 1: Departure

UOAsXH3.jpg

Forerunners have volunteered, and are now prepping to go. They've left their previous homes to stay with the scientists at the lab until further notice. Using the time they had before leaving, they learned how to live with one another and formed a relationship as a group. They were able to test out weapons and armor made by the scientists also, allowing them to figure out what they were most comfortable with and what their combat strengths are. They'll be leaving in approximately 3 days. 

(((( I will make another post similar to this one that signals when they get ready to/leave. ))))

Claire S. Tsusake ⊹

Claire was at an opening near the place of where they will get on a ship and be transported to the other planet. She was just saying her farewells to her friends and commons. There was this gear head flying around her the whole time nagging her to get onto the ship. It seemed like her navigator. Or a guide or something. She constantly glared at it and and complained that the gear head nagged her too much. The gear head just kept complaining on trying to get her a suit. They didn't seem to get along easy.

''Claire, how can I be more clear?! You need a suit for your own protection!''

''I don't need a suit. Besides, it'll weigh me down. I can't fly like I can if I had that stupid suit.''

''But then what about if we run into an encounter, huh?!! What will you do then?!''

''Shoot it down! It's very simple! This core can generate any weapon I want. A dinosaur, King Kong, an alien queen? Just shoot it to bits!''

''Claire, you can't solve all of your problems with guns and violence...''

''So what, you think I should just lull a monster to sleep?!''

''Tch!! This little--!!''

@Roman@Lumina

Last edited by a moderator:

Stepping out of a small room in the back, Andrew sighed lightly. He hsd just finished checking out his suit, learning about the new tech they had added and what the old tech did. In all honesty, he just wanted to go lay down  or do some target practice, but he knew he wouldn't have time for it. Andrew soon saw a fellow volunteer, bickering with some yellow thing. Ignoring that, he made his way over to her, waving a little, "Yo. Claire, right? I think I saw you at the meeting about the project. You are a volunteer, right or a scientist?"

Stepping out of a small room in the back, Andrew sighed lightly. He hsd just finished checking out his suit, learning about the new tech they had added and what the old tech did. In all honesty, he just wanted to go lay down  or do some target practice, but he knew he wouldn't have time for it. Andrew soon saw a fellow volunteer, bickering with some yellow thing. Ignoring that, he made his way over to her, waving a little, "Yo. Claire, right? I think I saw you at the meeting about the project. You are a volunteer, right or a scientist?"

Claire looked away from the gear head before she saw Andrew. She nervously started to raise her hand to wave before the gear head bickered more. At that point, she just gently placed her hand on its face before she lightly pushed it away. The geard head groaned before it just floated next to her like a pet. Claire turned to Andrew before she started to speak.

''Well...I'm a bit of both I suppose? What's up?''

Claire looked away from the gear head before she saw Andrew. She nervously started to raise her hand to wave before the gear head bickered more. At that point, she just gently placed her hand on its face before she lightly pushed it away. The geard head groaned before it just floated next to her like a pet. Claire turned to Andrew before she started to speak.

''Well...I'm a bit of both I suppose? What's up?''

Andrew watched the gear for a moment, wondering why twas being h nuisance. Soon his gaze et Claire again, "Nothing. Nothing much at least. Just trying to get to know my team better. Well, my teammates." He added. Holding his hand out towards her, "I'm Andrew if you didn't know. Seeing as I already know your name I wasn't sure if you knew mine since you haven't said it." He said with a chuckle. "Kind of crazy knowing we're gonna be so far away from home, y'know?" He asked, leaning against the wall. 

Andrew watched the gear for a moment, wondering why twas being h nuisance. Soon his gaze et Claire again, "Nothing. Nothing much at least. Just trying to get to know my team better. Well, my teammates." He added. Holding his hand out towards her, "I'm Andrew if you didn't know. Seeing as I already know your name I wasn't sure if you knew mine since you haven't said it." He said with a chuckle. "Kind of crazy knowing we're gonna be so far away from home, y'know?" He asked, leaning against the wall. 

Claire looked down a bit before she let out a sigh and spoke.

''Yeah...Crazy...''

She said before she looked back up at Andrew and took his hand since he had been holding it up for so long.

Claire looked down a bit before she let out a sigh and spoke.

''Yeah...Crazy...''

She said before she looked back up at Andrew and took his hand since he had been holding it up for so long.

"I was wondering when you were going to shake my hand." Andrew said with a smile. "But yeah... I'm guessing if things go right... We might just have another home. Somewhere to go besides Earth. It won't be a stranger to high prices though. Best bet, a ticket there will cost you more than an arm and leg. Hell, probably everything." He chuckled and rubbed his head. "What made you volunteer?"

"I was wondering when you were going to shake my hand." Andrew said with a smile. "But yeah... I'm guessing if things go right... We might just have another home. Somewhere to go besides Earth. It won't be a stranger to high prices though. Best bet, a ticket there will cost you more than an arm and leg. Hell, probably everything." He chuckled and rubbed his head. "What made you volunteer?"

''Just...I dunno... Just somewhere where...you could be free y'know?''

Claire said just a bit unsure of why she volunteered. Sure she went through some tests, loads of them. But ever since her parents were killed in an accident, she was always trapped in this stupid orphanage. She felt trapped and cage there which made it sometimes hard to breathe. Like a prison under gas. Either way, she sighed before she looked up at Andrew.

''What about you? What made you volunteer?''

''Just...I dunno... Just somewhere where...you could be free y'know?''

Claire said just a bit unsure of why she volunteered. Sure she went through some tests, loads of them. But ever since her parents were killed in an accident, she was always trapped in this stupid orphanage. She felt trapped and cage there which made it sometimes hard to breathe. Like a prison under gas. Either way, she sighed before she looked up at Andrew.

''What about you? What made you volunteer?''

"Free... Yeah. Free from the things that held you back here." Andrew said quietly as he looked up at the sky. The clouds drifting by made him wonder about what this new world was like. Did it too have clouds like these? Green grass? He shook his head before hearing Claire's voice and her question, "Yeah. I uh...  I wanted to see something new. Something that would just... Take my mind off of Earth and give me a new perspective of what's out there rather than just here."

"Free... Yeah. Free from the things that held you back here." Andrew said quietly as he looked up at the sky. The clouds drifting by made him wonder about what this new world was like. Did it too have clouds like these? Green grass? He shook his head before hearing Claire's voice and her question, "Yeah. I uh...  I wanted to see something new. Something that would just... Take my mind off of Earth and give me a new perspective of what's out there rather than just here."

''I see...Well, do you know what our departure time is?''

''I see...Well, do you know what our departure time is?''

Andrew nodded and looked back up to the now dark sky. "A few days. Scientists wanna finish up a few things before sending us off." He said as he put his hands in his pockets. "Have you met any of the others?"

Andrew nodded and looked back up to the now dark sky. "A few days. Scientists wanna finish up a few things before sending us off." He said as he put his hands in his pockets. "Have you met any of the others?"

''No...Wanna go grab some food? I haven't eaten dinner yet.''

She said as she looked at Andrew, the gear head just casually watching the two converse.

''No...Wanna go grab some food? I haven't eaten dinner yet.''

She said as she looked at Andrew, the gear head just casually watching the two converse.

"Sure. I'm getting tired of eating what they have here anyways." Andrew said with a chuckle. He looked at Claire and rubbed his chin, "I can't real-y think of any nearby places. Have one in mind?"

"Sure. I'm getting tired of eating what they have here anyways." Andrew said with a chuckle. He looked at Claire and rubbed his chin, "I can't real-y think of any nearby places. Have one in mind?"

''Hmm...Not really...Want to go find a place?''

''Hmm...Not really...Want to go find a place?''

"I guess we don't have a choice. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I was off on duty for so long." Andrew said, rubbing the back of his head. "What kind of food do you like?"

"I guess we don't have a choice. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but I was off on duty for so long." Andrew said, rubbing the back of his head. "What kind of food do you like?"

''Well...I'm feeling for some dim sum. You have heard of that?''

Claire asked as she tilted her head.

''Well...I'm feeling for some dim sum. You have heard of that?''

Claire asked as she tilted her head.

"Actually, I haven't." Andrew replied, looking at Claire as he stood straight, ready to go when she was. "It sounds good. Ah... Hold on, I'll see if there's a restaurant nearby that serves it." Taking a step towards a nearby kiosk, Andrew simply typed in dim sum and a few restaurant choices came up. "I found one. Wanna head that way now?"

"Actually, I haven't." Andrew replied, looking at Claire as he stood straight, ready to go when she was. "It sounds good. Ah... Hold on, I'll see if there's a restaurant nearby that serves it." Taking a step towards a nearby kiosk, Andrew simply typed in dim sum and a few restaurant choices came up. "I found one. Wanna head that way now?"

''Sure. Let's go.''

Claire said before she waited for Andrew to lead her. The gear head just floated around. It seemed to just follow Claire wherever she goes.

''Sure. Let's go.''

Claire said before she waited for Andrew to lead her. The gear head just floated around. It seemed to just follow Claire wherever she goes.

Andrew nodded and motioned for Clair to follow him. "So... Do you have any family? You know... That you want to send to the planet if it's safe." He asked, looking back at her as he walked. 

Andrew nodded and motioned for Clair to follow him. "So... Do you have any family? You know... That you want to send to the planet if it's safe." He asked, looking back at her as he walked. 

''Don't mention family...''

As Claire said this, her tone became harsh and cold. You could also tell the gear hid behind Claire as if it were afraid. It flew to Andrew and whispered into his ear telling him how dangerous it is to mention it.

''Her family died in a so called....Accident.''

tumblr_o7smvezrqn1rgagxfo1_500.gif

AMELIA BLANCHARD

The day was soon arriving. The day when they'd be leaving this planet in search of another one. Ever since she heard about the proposed project (rather, snooped around her father's office and found documents on it), she was excited to volunteer to be a part of it. Her father had, of course, scolded her for going through her stuff, stating that he had actually planned on talking to her about it later that day. He mentioned how only a select number of people were actually going to be a part of the project, but with her father's influence it wouldn't be that much of a stretch for her to be a part of that number. With squeals of delight and many hugs, her father handed her a chip for her Holo-Tablet containing all the information about the meetings and such. That meeting was today, and soon Amelia found herself in the hangar where the ship was currently docked, staring up at the beauty in fascination. It was huge and gorgeous, two adjectives she never thought she'd string together to positively describe something. She fidgeted between her feet, excited at the thought of exploring a new world. She did promise, in exchange for going on this trip, that she'd collect as much data on the new planet and send back a report about her daily findings. This deal was perfect in her eyes. A new world had to be chock-full of stuff to write home about, right??

Now the problem (in Amelia's eyes) was having to wait to take off. They weren't ready yet, though it wasn't going to take long. Amelia wasn't the most patient person, but something like this was definitely worth it. With a sigh, Amelia sat down in a chair of a nearby restaurant, ordering a coffee and staring lovingly up at the ship she would soon be riding along in.

''Don't mention family...''

As Claire said this, her tone became harsh and cold. You could also tell the gear hid behind Claire as if it were afraid. It flew to Andrew and whispered into his ear telling him how dangerous it is to mention it.

''Her family died in a so called....Accident.''

@Roman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back