In Character Roleplay

Alison huffed as she threw the last of her luggage unto the RV. She had been going in and out of the RV since 5 am. Eager for the trip ahead. Washington was so dull and glum, she had to get away. And now she could. "Alison come get your snake!!!" Alison's mother hollered from the porch. "Coming!" Alison yelled, exasperated. Alison ran into the house, grabbing her snakes cage, where Naomi, the black snake opened her black beady eyes eyes, curious. Her mother embraced Alison tightly, hesitant and excited for her daughter. She didn't want to let Alison go. Alison smiled but pulled away. Although it had been year, Alison was still distant with her mother. "I'll be fine mom, I'll text you everyday, okay?" Alison offered sweetly. Her mother nodded and smiled, her eyes brimmed with tears. Alison kissed her mother goodbye, grabbed the cage and practically flew out the door. Alison piled into the RV and started it up. Pulling out of the driveway, Alison sighed. She could only hope everybody else was ready. It was 8:23 am. She told them to go to the library where she could pick them all up at the same time. Alison turned and drove down the long road, heading for the library. 

The RV:
prevost-royale-fwdcabin.jpg

2016AspireMainExterior.png

Eliot had woken up later then he'd wanted. His mother had come bursting into his room, a whirlwind of dark hair. The woman had thrown open his closet, grimaced at the sloppy state of it, and began pulling clothes out of it. Eliot had sat up and rubbed groggily at his eyes before climbing out from under the covers and slipping his basketball shorts over his frame.

"Eliot Sonnie, I cannot believe you didn't pick out what you weren't wearing today last night." Julia Smithe huffed in annoyance. Eliot usually just threw on whatever was clean but apparently his mother had decided this was a completely different situation that required dressing nice. 

"Mom!" Eliot groaned, thinking that it was way to early for this, but when he glanced at his alarm clock his eyes went from half-lidded and sleepy, to awake and alarm,"I'm gonna be late!" The blue eyed boy leaped forward and yanked the tan colored cargo shorts and maroon shirt from his mother's hands. Eliot threw both on hastily and pulled his black Nike socks and tennis shoes over his feet. 

The amount of time that it took Eliot to brush his teeth, comb his hair, and make sure he didn't smell like a pigsty, was uncanny. Eliot pecked his mother on the cheek as he rushed out of his room, suitcase in hand. Edward Smithe gave his son a quick "manly" hug, as he called it, as the boy ran out the door.

"Bye, Caiden!" Eliot called over his shoulder at his brother, when he was certain his little brother had responded with a half-assed,"Bye." Eliot was out the door and soon in his black Ford on the way to the library.

Andres was sitting on the steps of the library, his sunglasses on his face as usual, with his hands stuffed in the pockets of his all black Letterman jacket. He didn't play any sports, never did, he probably would have excelled in track and field considering all the running he did from police but that would have taken time away from his true love. The letter on the jacket was a  large G, it was a gift for graduating from his old middle school buddy and probably a way of trying to make up for leaving him to die. He accepted the jacket without issue, it's not like he could have blamed the guy, they were just kids and after the gang bangers who stabbed were arrested they found out later that they'd all been packing so in retrospect things could have gone a lot worse. He lied down against the stairs and used his backpack as a pillow as he stared up at the sun. He only had three luggage bags and his backpack with him. Two luggage bags contained his assortments of clothes for the trip, all black of course, the third contained his cat's food and toys, and the backpack contained all of his cans of spray paint, his stencils, and even a few mini canvases to paint while they were stopped for whatever reason. His cat, Special Agent Jack Bauer, was in his crate next to him on one of the steps of the library meowing his little heart out. "Calm down little hermano, you'll be out of there soon enough." He disliked putting him in his crate, he didn't really believe in crating animals but he couldn't stand the idea of being away from him for so long. He was also meticulous about cleaning his litter so it that wouldn't be a problem, honestly Special Agent Jack Bauer was probably the only thing that could keep him from going out and tagging shit for fear of jail time but he felt in his heart of hearts that the cat knew that that's what he was meant to be out there doing.

He took a quick look at his watch and figured that Alison would be there to pick them all up any minute but if it were up to his mom then he wouldn't have been going at all. It's not that she could have stopped him or even not want him to go but she was a mom and she was going to worry just like any good mom would. She hugged and kissed him a thousand times before she finally let him out the door and made sure that her understood that he needed to call everyday so she could make sure he was okay and even offered to go pick him up wherever it is that he was in case something went wrong. "Nothing bad is going to happen Mami, you worry too much. I hate to see how you act when I move out." She asked him not to remind her. His dad could have cared less. Not that his dad didn't care about him but there was an understanding between them as men or some other bullshit like that, he just told him to be careful and be safe after he dropped him off...and that a call now and then wouldn't have been bad.

They'd all been planning for this trip since Freshman year and to be completely honest he was surprised that the idea even lasted this long. He moved to Washington at the beginning of his Freshman year and they all kind of just bonded and when they came up with the idea he figured that eventually it would have died out and that they would have drifted apart in the coming four years of school but it never happened. He wasn't going to complain of course, he was excited about the trip and there weren't any other people in the world that he'd rather be taking it with. 

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php

Final Location: Library        ||       Mood: Incredibly Ecstatic     ||      Interacted with: @Narcissy

“Taylor! Road trip! You’re going to miss it! Up missy, get up!” Her obnoxious alarm exclaimed from her phone. It was a recording of her yesterday voice screaming at her present asleep self at six in the morning. She shuffled around in her bed before groggily groaning and turning off her iPhone alarm. She laid in bed, her eyes closing and she fell back asleep. The next time she woke up was at seven in the morning when the sunshine illuminated through her windows and cascaded over her face. The young femme shot up in bed, snatching her phone to take a look at the time. Alarmed at how she overslept by another hour, Taylor rushed into her bathroom and showered. She quickly dressed herself in a black lace short romper. With her towel wrapped around her hair, she quickly did her make up.

Foundation. Check. Eyeliner. Check. Mascara. Check. Gorgeous deep wine lipstick. Triple check. Taylor’s only saving grace was being ultra prepared the night before. Her three suitcases were fully packed with necessities such as her clothes, toiletries, iPod, laptop, books in case she gets bored, lots of random DVDS, and of course, snacks. When she checked the time, it was already eight in the morning. Panting from either exhaustion or paranoia that she’s going to be late, Taylor quickly blowdried her hair and braided over her shoulder. Her parents were already downstairs waiting and her siblings were hopping around with excitement. Probably because Taylor won't be there to nag them to do chores. 

“Bye Tay!” her younger brother exclaimed. She gave him a hug and a kiss to which he screamed, “Gross! You left a mark!” She was too giddy to be offended by someone calling her gross and thus she smacked the back of his head instead. She hugged her mom and sister as her dad helped put away her luggage.

“Be safe, honey,” her mom gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“You know it!” Taylor waved goodbye and climbed into the passenger seat.

“Make sure you text us to let us know you haven’t gotten kidnapped and died, pumpkin.” Her dad reminded her one last time before they arrived at the library. “I will, love you. Take care of Porkchop for me!” She gave her dad one big hug before managing to lug all three suitcase to the front of the library. Once she was done, her head whipped around to examine her surrounding and saw Andre sitting on the steps. Her smile brighten the moment she saw him and fell immediately when her eyes landed on his caged in cat. Oh shit, it’s the cat. Cats made her squeamish, mainly because she was always afraid they were going to claw her and they had creepy eyes, as if they can look into her soul. Taylor made her way towards him, her hands entwined behind her back as she left all her suitcases close by. “Well, if it isn't my superman. Looks like I’m not that late after all,” Taylor greeted him with a grin. “And Special Agent,” she acknowledge his cat grimly, her voice dropped a tone or two. She turned her attention back to Andre, ignoring the meows behind the background.

"Where's everyone?"

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl who would have normally slept in until one in the afternoon had been up since before dawn, her excitement and nervous energy keeping her eyes peeled open and mind racing with imaginations of how she wanted this adventure to go down.  Reagan was planning on documenting as much of it as she could with the idea of creating a memory-filled montage-esque video whenever they returned. 

After Reagan had checked and double-checked if she had packed everything, she decided to grab her DSLR and head out for a short hike to take some scenic photos as the sun was rising.  After all, she was never usually awake in time to do this, even though she adored the pleasant sleepiness of the early mornings.  She found it calming.  So calming, in fact, that she had lost track of time and jumped in surprise when the alarm she had set on her cell phone the night before went off.  

"Shit! " Reagan turned around and raced down the hill to the family car, climbing into the front seat and all but flying back to her house to get ready.

About half an hour later, she stood by the front door of her house, cradling King Arthur - a grey cottontail rabbit - in her arms.  "Are you sure I can't take him? I'm the best rabbit mommy - I'll keep him safe."  Reagan was trying to convince her mother to let her take the family pet, her baby, on the trip with her, but to no avail.  She honestly felt like a child, begging for candy when out shopping for groceries.  Arthur nuzzled into her arms.

"No, Reagan.  It's not a good idea, and you know it - especially if your friends are taking their animals on the trip.  There'll be plenty of fluffy love to go around, and it'll be safer for him here."  Camilla sighed, hating for her daughter to be upset about this, but also... Mother knows best.  She watched with a sad frown as Reagan buried her face in the rabbit's soft fur, taking in this last moment together before she left to go travel the world.  After a few moments, Reagan moved over to his cage to carefully set him inside, planting little kisses on his head.  

After her parents helped her put her things into the car, Reagan climbed into the backseat and took out her cell phone, shooting a quick text to the group saying she was on her way over.  She gave one last look in the direction of her house and sighed, swearing to make her mom put the King on FaceTime regularly.  Of course, Reagan was going to talk to her parents as well, but King Artie was her favourite family member to boot.

It wasn't long before her mother pulled into the library's parking lot, up beside her friends.  Reagan couldn't help but grin at them and snap a quick candid photograph through the car window before she got out and grabbed her luggage from the boot of their car.  Quickly, she wandered around to the passenger's side window and kissed her dad goodbye before circling the front of the car to meet her mother on the driver's side.  

"Be safe, alright, sweetie?  Remember all we discussed," Camilla told her, voice concerned and sweet, but eyes incredibly serious.  Reagan just sighed and nodded.

"Oh!  Before we forget, Ree," her father piped up, popping open the glove box and pulling something flat out.  "We got you a couple extra memory cards, so you don't have to buy more when you run out of space."  He grinned, handing them over to Reagan.  

She smiled and zipped them into her camera bag, "Thanks, I really appreciate it.  I'll talk to you guys later, okay?  Take good care of the King for me - I'm sure he's gonna be anxious without me around."  Reagan looked up and over at her friends, waiting outside the library's entrance.  "I gotta go.  Love you, bye!"  She was away from the car before her parents could say anything out of protest. 

Reagan smiled as she walked up to her friends, giving a friendly nod as she spoke, "Hey there, are y'all ready?" 

Maisa was stepping out of the silver jeep parked at the library. She'd back early enough that morning and she was saying her goodbyes to her Dad. SHe wore her hair back in a soft t-shirt like cloth beanie with a few random buttons pinned to it. 

"I have my phone, clothes and all the art supplies I can carry. I'll be fine. " She was smiling and wrapping her arms around the neck of the large tan man that sat next to her. He father had always been proud even if she was a bit of a trouble maker sometimes. There was a corgi in the back seat yipping at her. " It's okay boy. I'll be home soon. " She wiggled his ears and climbed out of the jeep  with a suit case, giant bag and a tackle box full of art supplies. She'd made the choice to leave her dog behind. She knew other people wanted to take their pets, but she knew she'd be to busy running around to take him for the walks he needed.

She joined the others waiting with a large smile. She was dressed in plaid and combat boots, and the music echoing out of the headphones around ehr neck suggest her clothing choice reflect this mornings playlist of punk music. 

"Here and Ready!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back