• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help I'm trying to learn div boxes... it's not going well

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
I think the title pretty much explains it.

I know where the table is with all the things you can do with div boxes. I can make a div box. I can round edges and put background images in all fine and dandy. When I start trying to get things to line up inside the div box, though, even using columns and rows, nothing lines up the way it is supposed to.

I feel like this is impossible, but i know it's not because I've seen character sheets where it works absolutely perfectly.

Anyone care to explain why I'm so stupid and can't figure it out?

From experience, div boxes + column/rows coding do not play nice together. If you want things to properly line up (while using Div Boxes), you stay in Div Box. It's a whole lotta trail and error. I still have trouble getting things to line up AND have similar look across all types of screens and browsers.. it's a pain in the ass. x 3 x;;

I don't even know how to get two div boxes to appear in the same line together. Whenever I make two div boxes, they show up one on top of the other.

When I start trying to get things to line up inside the div box, though, even using columns and rows, nothing lines up the way it is supposed to.

Sorry, it sounded like you have an example of what you're trying to line up and all that jazz. There's also the mention of character profile line up. So, for now, I'll just post up an incomplete profile of mine and the coding. I'll say this about making things line up: it's tedious as fuck and takes a whole lot of trials and errors to have things line up the way you want them.

tNkIbCX.png

character's title
STRENGTH ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱     ENDURANCE ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱
AGILITY ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱        SPEED ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱
INTELLECT ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱     LUCK ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱
SPIRIT ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱          WILL POWER ▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱

• FULL NAME
    first & last name
    NICKNAME/ALIAS
    self explanatory
    SCHOOL
    which school do they go to?
    YEAR
    what year are they? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?
    GANG
    are they affiliated with a gang in or out of school? if they are, what's the name of the gang and what is their position?

HEIGHT
    self explanatory
    WEIGHT
    self explanatory
    DESCRIPTION
    minimum of 1 paragraph, describe any particular physical characteristics that makes them stand out. if you have image examples, all images must be hotlinked.

[div=
margin: auto;
width: 800px;
height: 775px;][div=
float: left;][div=
height: 300px;
width: 300px;
border: 10px solid #989d9d;
border-radius: 50%;
position: relative;
overflow: hidden;][img]https://imgur.com/tNkIbCX.png[/img][/div][/div]

[div=
padding-left: 60px;][div=
height: 50px;
width: 750px;
border-top: 10px solid #989d9d;
border-right: 1px solid #989d9d;
background-color: #000000;][div=
font-size: 30px;
text-transform: uppercase;][font=Rock Salt][center][color=#a31100]character's title[/color][/center][/font][/div][/div][/div][div=
padding-left: 50px;][div=
height: 600px;
border-top: 1px solid #989d9d;
border-left: 10px solid #989d9d;
border-right: 1px solid #989d9d;
border-bottom: 1px solid #989d9d;
background:url(https://imgur.com/CQ0vO54.png) repeat;][div=
height: 100px;
background-color: #989d9d;][div=
text-align: justify;
color: #000000;
text-transform: uppercase;][font=Raleway][b]STRENGTH[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]     [b]ENDURANCE[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]
[b]AGILITY[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]        [b]SPEED[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]
[b]INTELLECT[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]     [b]LUCK[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]
[b]SPIRIT[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size]          [b]WILL POWER[/b] [size=5]▰ ▰ ▰ ▱ ▱[/size][/font][/div][/div]

[div=
padding: 50px;][div=
height: 340px;
border: 1px solid #989d9d;
background-color: #000000;
overflow-y: scroll;
overflow-x: hidden;][tabs][tab=GENERAL][div=
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing: 1px;
color: #989d9d;][font=Raleway][b]FULL NAME[/b]
first & last name
[b]NICKNAME/ALIAS[/b]
self explanatory
[b]AGE[/b]
14 - 18
[b]GENDER[/b]
self explanatory
[b]SCHOOL[/b]
which school do they go to?
[b]YEAR[/b]
what year are they? 1st, 2nd, or 3rd?
[b]GANG[/b]
are they affiliated with a gang in or out of school? if they are, what's the name of the gang and what is their position?

[b]HEIGHT[/b]
self explanatory
[b]WEIGHT[/b]
self explanatory
[b]DESCRIPTION[/b]
minimum of 1 paragraph, describe any particular physical characteristics that makes them stand out. if you have image examples, all images must be hotlinked.[/font][/div][/tab][tab=FIGHTING SKILLS][div=
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing: 1px;
color: #989d9d;][font=Raleway][b]RANK[/b]
what is their danger level?[/font][/div][/tab][/tabs][/div][/div][/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I wouldn't even know where to start with something like that.

All I'm trying to do is a background image with two columns of information... one containing an image and the other containing information such as personality and backstory in scrolling boxes.

Is this what you're trying to do? - I made this code as a request for someone.
[This code is mobile friendly and universal friendly.
I have another sample that isn't mobile friendly as well if you want to see that]

THE SUMMER TO REMEMBER

Plot
Summer is here, the hot is out burning everyone when it's only 90 degrees. Parties, Jobs, Friends, and most importantly vacation. That's what everyone needs right an vacation just to get away and enjoy themselves just to have. School is out and these young adults have another thing coming for them when they all go on vacation with each other. Secrets might come, drunken moments, commitments, the truth to be told. They all have different talents but each talent always has consequences about who they really are.
Rules
What is Lorem Ipsum?
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum
Roles
The Actress (F)
Picture I want to use Open
For a druggy she has some skills in the acting. She grew up around wealth and powerful in her family. How she has bad history with her father due to her smoking problem an being called "The Lesbo Fuck Up" for her family. She doesn't care what her father thinks of her and what she is at the end of the day. She takes her acting career very seriously an her secrets can't come out she has to hide about it, So she started dating The Musician to hide that she is really attracted to girl while she is crushing on The Dancer. She really not a fan of The Singer because that is her sister and her boyfriend The Star Quarter back is her best friend.

The Musician (M) Open
http://cdn.wishnote.tw/500/2015/09/28/500_209688_1443433499.gif]Picture for this one
He is the type of guy where you can easily talk with. His always there for you when needed or when you need a hand or with anything. But his not the prefect guy everyone think he is. He might be good with his hands on the piano but he has some dark secrets of his. The Musician had a drinking problem and went to rehab for 1 year. The told all his friends and his girlfriend The Actress, that she only went to stay with family for a bit which was a lie. His parents told him that he should dump The Actress because she was a bad influence for him because she smoked and all. And he doesn't want to until he met her, The Singer. To him she is the girl of his dreams and who he really wants to have but he can't hurt his own girlfriend over his sister and the sad part is she is dating the one enemy he hates the most an that's The Quarter back . His closest friend and younger sister is The Volleyball girl.

The Singer (F) Open
Picture
Everyone calls her perfect and that she has everything she could ask for. She was daddy's little girl with the perfect boyfriend and so called "Perfect Family". But that is all a lie, her own sister The Actress is a smoker and she is messing up the family's last name for us. She hates her for being best friends with her boyfriend because she knows she is only his and no one else. The Quarter back and her been together for a very long time an she wants him to finally purpose to her but the problem is he doesn't want to take the next step with her an that annoys her knowing that she can't claim him. She had no one to talk to about her problems until she met The Musician, he was very kind and understanding to her in any different way that she started to like him more and more every time. She is best friends with The Dancer and enemies with The Engineer.
coding; allrightsreserved deer deer

Code:
[centerblock=65][div=border: 2px solid #F58584; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/L5vz2Ne.jpg') no-repeat; background-size:cover; color: #000000; padding:5px;][centerblock=75][div=background-color: #1E442A; border: 5px double #F58584; opacity: 0.9; padding: 10px; margin-top: -12px; font-size: 20px;][CENTER][font=Gloria Hallelujah][b][color=#F58584]THE SUMMER TO REMEMBER[/color][/b][/font][/CENTER][/div][/centerblock]

[row][column=span4][div=width: 100%; min-height: 100px; margin-auto; opacity: 0.9;][border=transparent][accordion=100%]{slide=center | 100 | open  | [bg=#F58584][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#1E442A]Plot[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/bg]}[bg=#E6E3CC]Summer is here, the hot is out burning everyone when it's only 90 degrees. Parties, Jobs, Friends, and most importantly vacation. That's what everyone needs right an vacation just to get away and enjoy themselves just to have. School is out and these young adults have another thing coming for them when they all go on vacation with each other. Secrets might come, drunken moments, commitments, the truth to be told. They all have different talents but each talent always has consequences about who they really are.[/bg][div=opacity: 0.5;][/div]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/column][column=span4][div=width: 100%; min-height: 200px; opacity: 0.9; margin-auto;][border=transparent][accordion=100%]{slide=center | 100 | open  | [bg=#F58584][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#1E442A]Rules[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/bg]}[bg=#E6E3CC]What is Lorem Ipsum?
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/column][/row]
[div=width: 100%; min-height: 100px; margin-auto; opacity: 0.9;][border=transparent][accordion=100%]{slide=center | 100 | open  | [bg=#F58584][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#1E442A]Roles[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/bg]}[bg=#E6E3CC]The Actress (F)
For a druggy she has some skills in the acting. She grew up around wealth and powerful in her family. How she has bad history with her father due to her smoking problem an being called "The Lesbo Fuck Up" for her family. She doesn't care what her father thinks of her and what she is at the end of the day. She takes her acting career very seriously an her secrets can't come out she has to hide about it, So she started dating The Musician to hide that she is really attracted to girl while she is crushing on The Dancer. She really not a fan of The Singer because that is her sister and her boyfriend The Star Quarter back is her best friend.

The Musician (M) Open
[URL]http://cdn.wishnote.tw/500/2015/09/28/500_209688_1443433499.gif]Picture for this one[/URL]
He is the type of guy where you can easily talk with. His always there for you when needed or when you need a hand or with anything. But his not the prefect guy everyone think he is. He might be good with his hands on the piano but he has some dark secrets of his. The Musician had a drinking problem and went to rehab for 1 year. The told all his friends and his girlfriend The Actress, that she only went to stay with family for a bit which was a lie. His parents told him that he should dump The Actress because she was a bad influence for him because she smoked and all. And he doesn't want to until he met her, The Singer. To him she is the girl of his dreams and who he really wants to have but he can't hurt his own girlfriend over his sister and the sad part is she is dating the one enemy he hates the most an that's The Quarter back . His closest friend and younger sister is The Volleyball girl.

The Singer (F) Open
Picture
Everyone calls her perfect and that she has everything she could ask for. She was daddy's little girl with the perfect boyfriend and so called "Perfect Family". But that is all a lie, her own sister The Actress is a smoker and she is messing up the family's last name for us. She hates her for being best friends with her boyfriend because she knows she is only his and no one else. The Quarter back and her been together for a very long time an she wants him to finally purpose to her but the problem is he doesn't want to take the next step with her an that annoys her knowing that she can't claim him. She had no one to talk to about her problems until she met The Musician, he was very kind and understanding to her in any different way that she started to like him more and more every time. She is best friends with The Dancer and enemies with The Engineer.[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/div][size=1]coding; allrightsreserved [USER=19851]@crucialstar[/USER][/size][/centerblock]

This is the same code I did, but it would not be mobile friendly due to the two div boxes!

THE SUMMER TO REMEMBER

Plot
Summer is here, the hot is out burning everyone when it's only 90 degrees. Parties, Jobs, Friends, and most importantly vacation. That's what everyone needs right an vacation just to get away and enjoy themselves just to have. School is out and these young adults have another thing coming for them when they all go on vacation with each other. Secrets might come, drunken moments, commitments, the truth to be told. They all have different talents but each talent always has consequences about who they really are.
Rules
What is Lorem Ipsum?
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum
Roles
The Actress (F)

The Musician (M) Open
http://cdn.wishnote.tw/500/2015/09/28/500_209688_1443433499.gif]Picture for this one

The Singer (F) Open
Picture
Everyone calls her perfect and that she has everything she could ask for. She was daddy's little girl with the perfect boyfriend and so called "Perfect Family". But that is all a lie, her own sister The Actress is a smoker and she is messing up the family's last name for us. She hates her for being best friends with her boyfriend because she knows she is only his and no one else. The Quarter back and her been together for a very long time an she wants him to finally purpose to her but the problem is he doesn't want to take the next step with her an that annoys her knowing that she can't claim him. She had no one to talk to about her problems until she met The Musician, he was very kind and understanding to her in any different way that she started to like him more and more every time. She is best friends with The Dancer and enemies with The Engineer.

Code:
[div=background-size: cover; width: 600px; min-height: 300px; margin: auto;][div=border: 2px solid #F58584; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/L5vz2Ne.jpg') no-repeat; background-size:cover; color: #000000; padding:5px;][centerblock=75][div=background-color: #1E442A; border: 5px double #F58584; opacity: 0.9; padding: 10px; margin-top: -12px; font-size: 20px;][CENTER][font=Gloria Hallelujah][b][color=#F58584]THE SUMMER TO REMEMBER[/color][/b][/font][/CENTER][/div][/centerblock]

[row][column=span4][div=width: 100%; min-height: 100px; margin-auto; opacity: 0.9;][border=transparent][accordion=100%]{slide=center | 100 | open  | [bg=#F58584][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#1E442A]Plot[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/bg]}[bg=#E6E3CC]Summer is here, the hot is out burning everyone when it's only 90 degrees. Parties, Jobs, Friends, and most importantly vacation. That's what everyone needs right an vacation just to get away and enjoy themselves just to have. School is out and these young adults have another thing coming for them when they all go on vacation with each other. Secrets might come, drunken moments, commitments, the truth to be told. They all have different talents but each talent always has consequences about who they really are.[/bg][div=opacity: 0.5;][/div]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/column][column=span4][div=width: 100%; min-height: 200px; opacity: 0.9; margin-auto;][border=transparent][accordion=100%]{slide=center | 100 | open  | [bg=#F58584][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#1E442A]Rules[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/bg]}[bg=#E6E3CC]What is Lorem Ipsum?
Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/column][/row]
[div=width: 100%; min-height: 100px; margin-auto; opacity: 0.9;][border=transparent][accordion=100%]{slide=center | 100 | open  | [bg=#F58584][FONT=Comfortaa][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#1E442A]Roles[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/bg]}[bg=#E6E3CC]The Actress (F)

The Musician (M) Open
[URL]http://cdn.wishnote.tw/500/2015/09/28/500_209688_1443433499.gif]Picture for this one[/URL]

The Singer (F) Open
Picture
Everyone calls her perfect and that she has everything she could ask for. She was daddy's little girl with the perfect boyfriend and so called "Perfect Family". But that is all a lie, her own sister The Actress is a smoker and she is messing up the family's last name for us. She hates her for being best friends with her boyfriend because she knows she is only his and no one else. The Quarter back and her been together for a very long time an she wants him to finally purpose to her but the problem is he doesn't want to take the next step with her an that annoys her knowing that she can't claim him. She had no one to talk to about her problems until she met The Musician, he was very kind and understanding to her in any different way that she started to like him more and more every time. She is best friends with The Dancer and enemies with The Engineer.[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/div][size=1]coding; allrightsreserved [USER=19851]@crucialstar[/USER][/size][/div]

The reason why this one isn't mobile friendly is because I gave the whole code itself a width and a height!

The mobile friendly one is used by the centerblock code!

[There can be different ways to make codings, but this is how I did it and I hope this helps!]

Is this what you're trying to do? - I made this code as a request for someone.
[This code is mobile friendly and universal friendly.
I have another sample that isn't mobile friendly as well if you want to see that]

THE SUMMER TO REMEMBER

Plot
Rules
What is Lorem Ipsum?
Roles
The Actress (F)

The Musician (M) Open

The Singer (F) Open
Picture

Code:
[centerblock=65][div=border: 2px solid #F58584; background:url('https://i.imgur.com/L5vz2Ne.jpg') no-repeat; background-size:cover; color: #000000; padding:5px;][centerblock=75][div=background-color: #1E442A; border: 5px double #F58584; opacity: 0.9; padding: 10px; margin-top: -12px; font-size: 20px;][CENTER][font=Gloria Hallelujah][b][color=#F58584]THE SUMMER TO REMEMBER[/color][/b][/font][/CENTER][/div][/centerblock]

The Musician (M) Open

The Singer (F) Open
Picture
Everyone calls her perfect and that she has everything she could ask for. She was daddy's little girl with the perfect boyfriend and so called "Perfect Family". But that is all a lie, her own sister The Actress is a smoker and she is messing up the family's last name for us. She hates her for being best friends with her boyfriend because she knows she is only his and no one else. The Quarter back and her been together for a very long time an she wants him to finally purpose to her but the problem is he doesn't want to take the next step with her an that annoys her knowing that she can't claim him. She had no one to talk to about her problems until she met The Musician, he was very kind and understanding to her in any different way that she started to like him more and more every time. She is best friends with The Dancer and enemies with The Engineer.[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][/border][/div][/div][size=1]coding; allrightsreserved [USER=19851]@crucialstar[/USER][/size][/centerblock]
That is kinda what I'm looking for. Instead of the plot box, though, I'd like an image there. Basically, that's what I'm looking to do. And not so squished either... I'd like to use more of the space that the post box gives me.

That is kinda what I'm looking for. Instead of the plot box, though, I'd like an image there. Basically, that's what I'm looking to do. And not so squished either... I'd like to use more of the space that the post box gives me.
The reason why it's squished is because in the slide area, youll need to change the number to whatever number fits.
and if you'd like an image, you'll replace the first accordion with the image in the column code!

I can whip up something.
Mobile friendly or non?

How do you create the space between the two accordions? Whenever I try to put two things alongside each other using just columns, they wind up touching and I don't want that.

you'll have to make two separate accordion codes.
and youll use the column code

here you go:
text here
info here
text here
info here

Code:
[row][column=span4][accordion=100%]{slide=text here}info here{/slide}[/accordion][/column][column=span4][accordion=100%]{slide=text here}info here{/slide}[/accordion][/column][/row]

you'll have to make two separate accordion codes.
and youll use the column code

here you go:
text here
info here
text here
info here

Code:
[row][column=span4][accordion=100%]{slide=text here}info here{/slide}[/accordion][/column][column=span4][accordion=100%]{slide=text here}info here{/slide}[/accordion][/column][/row]
I don't need two accordions, though. I need one of them to be an image.

I'm sorry. I'm very frustrated because I really want to be able to make awesome things and I can't. I seem to be misphrasing things in my frustration. I want the space to be there, but I want one of them to be an accordion and the other to be an image. Is that possible?

I'm new to div, scripts and what not, but I thought I'd give a shot at what you were trying to do. Something like this, or am I completely off target?

text here
info here

Picture
pexels-photo-255379.jpeg
Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back