• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help I’m New, What Should I Expect?

KyKy

Lurker
I wanted to get into role playing since it seems fun. I have never roleplayed before or what type I wanna get into. I also wanted t9 know what it’s like on here, could someone tell me?

I’m following this 😊 I love role playing since I’m an avid reader and writer and I’m new to the site as well. I’m just curious what people are like and how the site works

bxbydoll bxbydoll I would love that! First off can you tell me how to get rid of this message? I feel like such a noob

Attachments

• 86602904-A279-4C80-905F-FB816BA68E14.png
    86602904-A279-4C80-905F-FB816BA68E14.png
    536.5 KB · Views: 20
It’s on my homepage of this website. So I’m assuming that’s the “alerts” page.

That's just a gatekeeping protocol; you already meet the criteria described so the site'll make you a full member shortly I'm sure.

I wanted to get into role playing since it seems fun. I have never roleplayed before or what type I wanna get into. I also wanted t9 know what it’s like on here, could someone tell me?

On to the main attraction of this thread; hallo and all that. But the main idea of this site is that it's a public forum where you can run roleplaying sessions/games/whatever you'd like to call them. All of the systems installed are arbitrary so there aren't explicit rules, but there is a sort of standard operating procedure.

There isn't an over-riding story or anything, you can say that each thread is its own RP/narrative/whatever, based off of an 'OOC' (out of character) and a 'main' (story) thread as the bare minimum, but also with a 'character' thread so 'character sheets' (refer to D&D and the like, but effectively a sort of resume for your character). To get the gist of it, just lurk around for a while and observe, you'll get an idea. You can lurk me and my profile history if you'd like, I think I'm just an average GM (game-master, main 'boss' or 'runner' of an RP, not explicitly necessary for some RP's) so I don't mind being an example.

Of course, there's also 'quests' and '1x1's, 1x1 being the most popular overall I think. You can run those in private with on-site direct messages or in public threads. 1x1's are just two people writing back and forth, and quests are like choose-your-own-adventure books where everyone votes on what to do next.

That's the basics of how this site itself works out, but there's just common courtesies and whatnot in roleplaying. The gist of it is that you can of course just lurk moar and there's probably a dozen advice threads on this site, so there's plenty of material to read, but if you need anything specific there's all sorts of good folks around here that'll give you infos and general knowledge. Including me! I try to be kind. Mostly.

Oh! You'll notice some people have colored names, purpals are moderators, they're the ones to bother with reporting users and the like, and some of em have particular talents or interests. It's probably on their profile somewhere. Reds are the administrators, you can hit them up too but they're busy so don't go to them as a first option or unless it's super important to the site itself. White names are just normies, and yellow names are people who have donated to the site.

If you need anything in specific, don't hesitate to ask. I'm available to @ if you'd like anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back