I'm From a Book? [Inactive]

MissPenny2

Princess, and long may I reign.
"Memories registering with the cerebral portion..." Her voice was nothing more than a murmur as her eyes followed her index finger down the page of the open textbook. The dull patter of rain against the windowpanes nearly downed it out altogether, only beaten in volume by the persistent beep of the microwave sounding across the apartment's small kitchen. Charlotte stood slowly, sliding off the wooden stool at a speed that allowed her to finish her sentence before tugging her gaze from the book and padding over the hardwood floor. Mind still focused her studies, she nearly burned herself removing the warmed-up leftovers from the rectangular appliance, causing her to suck in a deep breath through clenched teeth.

"Jesus.." The word was hissed as she held tight to the fingers of her left hand, still tingling with the sharp sting of the heat. A low rumble of thunder rolled through the evening sky, only causing Lotti to hug her grey long sleeve tee closer around her form. Reaching for a potholder this time, she carried the small dish of lasagna back to her seat along with a fork. The stool was cool against the back of her thighs below her black athletic shorts. This was merely the close to another normal day. Get up. Go to class. Go to work. Come home. Run. Study. Repeat.

As usual, she ate as she read, taking a bite every few sentences or so. She would much prefer to material to be a work of fiction, though with the class load really beginning to kick in, that was happening less and less these days. It might be for the better, with the death of...well, there would be no new stories coming from who she'd really like to read about. Trying to look at the silver lining, learning the functions and factors of the human brain and its stimulants was more than enough to try to cram into her own mind without focusing on any new installments of her favorite series. In all reality, the stress was really beginning to get to her.

A crack of lightning lit up the living room behind her in a brilliant flash, resulting in a bit of an involuntary jump as Lotti's eyes flicked up from the text. I suppose you could venture to say that the storm wasn't exactly helping her anxiety along.

@White Lies

-Ray! Man, I haven't seen you in weeks.

Morgan stopped on his heels before he turned around. The college's hall was relatively empty, surely because finals were right at the corner and most students would rather spend their time either studying, at home, or, if they didn't care at all, hanging out with their friends.

The corner of his mouth raised into a Raymond Riggs' sheepish smile, but he didn't say anything else apart from that. His friend didn't insist. Everyone knew Raymond didn't share much about his life. Not to count that he was a quiet and calm sort of guy. So very different from Morgan Blacklead. He, who was truly sarcastic, free-spirited, cynical, a teaser and someone who enjoyed to use irony. We all know who Morgan really was far too well.

-Anyway, me and the guys are going to hang out at Archie's. You coming? - Henry asked with a good-natured smile plastered in his face.

Morgan considered it for a moment. Well ... though he wasn't exactly in the mood to play as Raymond right now, he did want to spend some time with his friends. Raymond's friends. That way, he would be able feel like an ordinary guy once again after his latest mission. Even though, we all know that Morgan or Agent "Vulpes" was anything but ordinary.

-Let me go and speak with Marcus first - Morgan replied, and his voice was soft and placid, totally different from Agent "Vulpes" cold, void of emotion and calculating demeanour.

-Gotcha. See you there. - He stated, and as quick as he had came, he was gone. His long brown hair dangling as he trotted down the hall.

The young spy started to make his way over to classroom B12, one hand wrapped around his backpack's strap and the other hanging by his side as he walked. As always, it felt so unreal to be back to such a ... dull and boring place. Morgan was used to the excitement and the rush of adrenaline flooding his bloodstream and he himself wasn't fond of boredom and dullness, but after having taken down Sphinx's leader just a week ago it didn't sound so bad for the time being. While that thought was on his mind, someone brushed against him, and his free hand curled instinctively around the piece of paper that had been discretely handed over to him.

His gaze hardened, and without looking back he kept on his way. Upon reaching the first empty classroom, he slipped inside as if it was the most natural thing in the world. The look on his face was focused and emotionless. His unique eyes glued to the paper on his hand. Despite that, Morgan felt the anxiousness building up, his heart pounding on his chest. However, he didn't allow for it show.

The paper was blue. A simple and dangerous blue. He guessed he wouldn't be going to Archie's anymore.

End of the third book.

Morgan blinked a couple of times, as if waking up of a trance. When the lighting illuminated the unknown hallway his eyes finally went wide in surprise. Where the heck was he? He looked around, confusion kicking in, though his face remained somehow aloof on its own. A split of second before, he could've sworn he was on an empty classroom, with the sun shining brightly up on the sky. Now, the rain poured down on the streets from what he could see from a nearby window.

He didn't realise he had his hands clenched until he heard the noise of paper crumpling. When he released the tension, he felt the dull pain spreading through his hand. He still held the blue paper in his hands. Had he been drugged? Hallucinations? He raised one hand to his head, brushing his hair back on the process, something he did unconsciously whenever he was stressed out or anxious. A mole, located on his right temple, became visible when he did so. His eyes, which were of a strange black colour with a fine amberish ring circling the pupil, scrutinised the door before him.

Well if he was hallucinating ... Or whatever. Might as well find out where he was. Slowly, he raised his hand to knock on the door. His sleeve rolled up a bit in the process, revealing the crow with the black rose held on its beak tattoo he had on the back of his wrist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already immersed in the next paragraph of painfully dreadful explanations, chewing another bite of lasagna with a look of concentration and focus, Lotti almost missed the knock. It sounded far-off, beneath the rain and her own thoughts. Pulling her attention from the page in front of her once again, she eyed her side of the front door as if it would sound again like a phone, reminding and begging someone to answer it. A few seconds passed and, with a small sigh, Charlotte scooted off the stool. Her bare feet made quiet footsteps against the floor as she went to meet her visitor. She hadn't been expecting anyone. Perhaps a delivery of some sort? It was more likely that someone had the wrong apartment.

Forcing a polite smile, Lotti opened the door, her lips already poised to speak in greeting. The words never came. Standing there, just in the hall, was the spitting image of something, someone, she never thought she'd lay eyes on in real life. Her breath caught in her throat and she was sure her blue eyes widened a bit. It was practically him, exactly how he was described, exactly how she'd pictured him.

"Um..." Lotti shook her head slightly, trying to reign herself back in. She was acting delusional. Morgan Blacklead was a fictional character in a series of fiction books, certainly not someone who can just end up at your door, no matter how much of a striking resemblance this young man seemed to have to him. "Yes...?"

When no one opened the door for him, he tried once again. He was somehow nervous, and that was not like him, who was always calm and patient whenever he acted like Vulpes, but he couldn't help it. Though the first thing that had come to mind had been drugs, something told him it was not it, and that made him far too anxious. He could always take the door down ... No, to loud. The fact that he was uneasy didn't mean that he had to be reckless. He could easily open the door and slip inside, see who was there and get some answers. At least know where he was and why he had 'appeared' by that doorstep.

As he considered that option, and raised his hand to test the doorknob instead of knocking again, it was twisted and opened. He was quick to retract his hand. Then the girl appeared. His expression turned hard and unreadable. He caught her momentary shook and he stopped his brow from arching. He saw in her eyes ... recognition? When his hand was back on his side, the sleeve hided his wrist tattoo once again. He studied her for a moment.

-Oh, yeah, hi - In the blink of an eye, the look on his face changed, and a sheepish and apologetic smile crept over his lips. Even though he got the strange feeling that she
knew him, he chose to put on a mask first. - My name is Keith Waters. - It was the name he sometimes used whenever he created a different person on his missions. He had learnt that people unconsciously felt a lot better whenever they knew someone else's name. - I'm really sorry, but it seems that I'm lost. I know that it is a strange question. But can you please tell my where I am?

Charlotte had to make a conscious effort to focus on the stranger's voice as he spoke, her mind far too preoccupied trying to unravel the uncanny resemblance. It was as if he'd stepped straight out of one of the novels resting on her bedside table. The eyes, the hair, the posture, the voice, it was all a living breathing version of the words she'd read countless times. Then again, she supposed it could be a combination of the stress and her subconscious, stretching the facts a bit. Opening the door just a few inches wider, Lotti nearly froze as he gave his name.

Keith Waters.

One of many Morgan Blacklead aliases.

Her distracted gaze quickly shifted to one of scrutiny and suspicion, eyeing him almost cautiously as he continued. The nerve of it all, some kind of prank. A good one at that, they'd really outdone themselves. She hardly let the poor guy finish his question before she cut in.

"Is this some sort of joke?" Charlotte's voice held a snappy tone, her eyes narrowing slightly. "You've done a good job, I'll give you that. You should've auditioned for the film. But then again, I figure this is how you get girls, hm? Little James Bond routine? Creative." She rolled her eyes towards the ceiling, laughing dryly. "Keith Waters... Sorry pal. Wrong girl." Lotti took a step back, starting to shut the door once again.

Morgan closed his mouth slowly, growing silent when he caught on the girl's biting, and somewhat resentful tone of voice. He was seemingly left unperturbed by her response. There he had seen it again ... recognition in her eyes when he had told her 'his' name. He tried to go over each and every face he had ever seen for the past twenty-two years. Hers was not among them. His eyes were like two chips of eyes as he held her in his black and amberish stare.

Quite naturally, and surprisingly fast, his hand shot towards the door she was closing. He held it open for him in an iron grip, steady and firm as if she wasn't even trying to close it. A low sigh left his lips, his sleeve rolling slightly up yet again. There was no need to put up that charade any longer. As such, there was not even the echo of a smile in his face that had grown emotionless.

-I'm afraid I can't let you do that, missy - He stated, his very voice and face made it difficult to figure out what was on his mind. - I
really need you to answer my question. I must insist. - As Vulpes, it had grown on him to speak cordially and formally whenever he was out on a job. That is, unless the situation demanded otherwise. First, he wasted his question answered.

Taking a small step back, obviously a bit surprised in his effort to stop the door as well as the sudden shift in demeanor, Charlotte hesitated. Her gaze held an expression landing somewhere between confusion and irritation. It was several moments before she shook her head and, with a small sigh, gave an answer to the previous question.

"Jefferson." She didn't bother to remove her hand from its grip on the door handle, let alone take any further steps. "You're on Jefferson, one over from Third." Another second or so of silence passed before she added, with a strong sense of sarcasm, "Boston, Massachusetts."

Raising an eyebrow, as if in question as to the sufficiency of her answer, Lotti watched the 'Mr. Waters' almost warily. If anything qualified as 'beyond strange', this was most certainly it.

This role play has been marked "inactive". Inactive role plays are defined as "role plays showing 0 activity within a 30 day period".

Please contact an @Rp Moderator if you feel this was a mistake or if you would like to have your role play reactivated.

Thank you for your participation within the RpNation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back