Journal I'm Comfortably Numb

TheRockInception

You're literally looking at a $2,000 meme machine
I want to start this ramble off with a disclaimer. I'm not trying to seek attention. Or maybe I am and I'm subconsciously not aware of it. Either way, let's read my ramble.

All my life, and growing up, I've just felt... alone. I felt like nobody really liked me. I was into music that everyone scratched their heads when I told them about it. I went on long visits to the local forest preserves and went fishing with a family member I wish not to name. Nobody did the things that I did when I was growing up. Everyone played basketball, or listened to rap and hip hop (The area I lived and continue to live in is predominately Hispanic and Arabic, and I'm not dissing on Hispanics or Arabs at all. They're wonderful people.) . Point being, I kind of just... was really different then everyone around me. I have always felt more comfortable with adults than other kids (even now), since I only really had my family and maybe one or two friends to talk to or socialize.
And having been a member of this site since the twenty second of February in the year of 2017 A.D... I feel like I'm watching it happen all over again.
I'm feeling this strange nirvana. It's this weird sense of peace with myself, that I've come this far and only have 80 or so years to go before my heart stops beating. That I've traveled to places other people haven't, done things other people haven't in a million years. I thought and felt this when I went to South Dakota with my Church on a mission trip this summer. I remember it too. I was wrapped in a blanket and listening to Pink Floyd while watching the dead hills of South Dakota roll by. That's why I titled this Comfortably Numb, it's this weird sensation of being happy with myself, but feeling that something isn't there. So what the hell does this mean?
There's always been this stigma about the internet that you can meet other people like you, that share your hobbies and beliefs. Yet, for the amount of time I've been here... I haven't met someone that likes Rush or photography or really, anything I like. I feel like an outcast in a community of outcasts. I see people that talk to each other in a regular basis or are best friends, but... I have nobody. Nobody wants to talk to me. I feel underappreciated for my photography. I have about 20 or so watchers on DeviantArt but nobody has complimented me on my latest photos or hell, at all really. I posted two group RP ideas and both have died, although I'm working on lore and the like for the second one. I have about two active 1x1 partners right now on a search thread with 7,000+ views and 3 likes. My entry for the Spooky story contest has 73 or so views but 0 likes, where everyone else's entry has at least one or two. I just feel... alone. Everything is going great with me for my personal life, but... I just feel conflicted. Comfortably numb is the only way I can really describe it.

Story of my life.

Also you shouldn't measure self worth in social media likes. The internet can let you find people that share your interests sure, but it's a huge place, so it's easy to feel small and ignored when on it.

Story of my life.

Also you shouldn't measure self worth in social media likes. The internet can let you find people that share your interests sure, but it's a huge place, so it's easy to feel small and ignored when on it.
And here I am, on December 13th, 2017, Chicago, Illinois, 9:04 PM, with "The Wall" playing in the background. I have worked for over 2 weeks to make 2 stories for the spooky writing contest, without any mention at all or compliment, 1 1x1 partner, and slowly going down the spiral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back