• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern i'm an insect who dreamt he was a man, and loved it. | m// only, advanced, realistic/modern

orange asphalt

but now the dream is over, and the insect is awake.

name: molly
experience: 10+ years role playing though i have been stagnant the past couple years
likes: the 80s, horror movies (could talk about these all day), reading and writing, crochet, tv sitcoms, john cusack and his movies, linguistics, new wave, etc.

here’s a few things about me that are important:
  • i would consider myself an advanced writer and expect a high level of quality as well as quantity. i am definitely a give-what-i-get type of person in terms of the length of my replies.
  • i only want to do m/m relationships, if there is romance involved.
  • i love talking to my role playing partners and getting to know them on top of plotting and character building. it’s special when we can jive as both friends and writing partners!
  • i am not a frequent replier. which means that a week or more could go by before i reply to a post. even longer for an intro. that is at least how I was back when I was still role playing. i’m going to try to be better this time around, but i am a slow writer in general because i tend to edit and perfect sentences as i go rather than leaving it for after i’ve written up the text. But i will always be available to talk to about anything in between replies, life or our characters/story!
  • i will only do modern/realistic settings, though they can step into 'supernatural territory'. just no fantasy, anime, fandoms, nothing like that.
these are really the only major points about my role playing style that is necessary for you to coincide with, otherwise i am flexible and do not really have limits, at least not specific limits that come straight to mind. just talk to me about whatever you might be interested in and we can go from there.

ideas/meanderings:

#1 - character lies about having cancer and joins a cancer support group to support his lie/dig himself into a deeper hole
#2 - character with cancer becomes the sympathetic poster child for a politician’s campaign in his quest to restore his reputation
#3 - character is sold into human trafficking and other character is his involuntary captor (his father is the boss) and attempted rescuer
#4 - this idea was inspired by the futurama episode, 'the devil's hands are idle playthings', in which fry makes a deal with the robot devil to be able to play the 'holophonor' (a revered and notoriously difficult instrument to play) so he can prove his enduring love for leela. fry ends up trading his hands for the devil's, who knows how to play the holophonor, and proceeds to write an opera for leela. in a broader sense, i am intrigued with the idea of someone so dedicated to another that they would take on a risky endeavor like making a deal with the devil in a zealous effort to win them over, potentially even undergoing a physical alteration like fry did for leela.

pairings:
  • divorced dads
  • drug dealer/druggie
  • groom/best man
  • closeted/uncloseted
  • older gay man x younger 'straight with an exception' college boy
topics:
  • human trafficking
  • pederasty
  • punk rockers vs skinheads (i know this is the plot to green room, but it is a fucking masterpiece okay and seems like it'd be super fun to write something similar, and much gayer pls)
  • period pieces in the '70s and '80s
  • THE WAR ON DRUGS
  • age gaps (are my shit, i love the dynamic of them)
  • group of men thrown in a horror setting and forced to survive (in the vein of the ritual, the descent, etc. this obviously requires doubling/tripling)
this is just a start-up list that i will add on to as i think of more ideas/pairings. i am open and eager to hear about any ideas you are particularly interested in that you’d like to bring to the table. with that said, i hope to hear from you!

places to contact me:
gmail - orangeasphalt0@gmail.com
discord - mollycoddle#5006

Users who are viewing this thread

Back