Ilidith

Kiroshiven

Shadow Cursed
ATTENTION! I do not own any of the artwork used. I have no talent, all credit goes to the creators.

Name: Ilidith VatheranTitle: The Binding WitchSymbol: 

55318e21606829957469df1328986e3c.jpg

Coven or Collective or Apostate: CovenCoven or Collective Rank: 8

Witch or Sage type: SpecialPrimary Magic: Binding/Sealing - Ilidith's magic focuses on immobilizing her enemies and preventing them from using magic. She cannot seal anyone's power if they are more magically powerful than her.

Consumed Witch appearance: 

Ilidith Consumed.jpg

Demon or Spirit contract: Gathal, The Demon Queen of CagesDemon Appearance: 

Gathal.jpg

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 165 pounds

Eye Color: Jade Green

Hair Color: Brown

Description:

Ilidith.jpg

Personality:

Ilidith is cold, calculating and merciless. She seems to have no emotions to speak of and looks at happiness and fun as frivolous commodities wasted on times to study. She cares nothing for what apostates do and only saves people when ordered. As far as being a single digit she is looked at as the oddest of the group and the probably the one that would likely kill the others if it meant that it was the most expedient way to deal with them. However, when it comes to thinking and strategy she is quite the capable individual, creating large scale plans to take out small groupings of apostates and dispatch them quickly. That is if someone can find whichever of the Coven's libraries she's buried within.

History:

*MAJOR SPOILER*

A few years ago, there was a witch by the name of Vix. She was a generally average witch that had been raised in the Coven for most of her entire life. She showed a great deal of potential should she ever make a contract with a demon or spirit, however, she didn't feel the overwhelming need to do such a thing. She was able to protect people with her magic despite not having a demon or spirit and that was good enough for her. This didn't last forever though as a witch she once knew turned into an Awakened One and destroyed the village they'd aimed to protect. If one of the single digit witches had come and intervened, Vix would have lost her life as well.

This disastrous event, left Vix empty inside. She realized she needed more power a little too late. Desperate to achieve the same power as the single digit witches, Vix reached out to a very clever and cruel demon. Zel the demon of psyche and subconscious thought. He offered her a great deal of power and in exchange he wanted to see the world and get to understand the place that other demons had sought out regularly. Vix, unknowing of how much power tapping into the subconscious could unlock, accepted the deal and quickly realized her mistake.

The power of Zel quickly began to overwhelm her and she knew that she would become awakened just as her friend did. Desperate to not let that fate unfold she did the only thing she could do. She used her new power to find a way to break her contract with Zel. The only way to do this though, was to no longer be Vix. Vix shattered her mind into three distinct individuals with their own personalities and mindsets, but lacking the other two. They all awoke in a field and that's where their stories begin

Ilidith remembers nothing prior to the day that she awoke to find two shady looking individuals near her. As a witch of the Coven, she needed to return. Leaving them behind, Ilidith found that no witch knew of her. It felt odd to know that she was a witch of The Coven, but that none recognized her. Brushing it off as some kind of magic gone awry, Ilidith buried herself into gathering knowledge within libraries and in hidden places around the world. To the other witches, this was ridiculous. She wasn't helping anyone, but at the same time wasn't an apostate. She was just a book worm.

This bookworm however, discovered an old text from some witches that were about during the forming of the Coven. They spoke of a demon that the first single digits locked away because of what the demon could do. It had the power to strip people of their magic and their ability to flee. Any witch that could possess such power would be dangerous. That was something Ilidith could use. She sought out and contracted the demon, Gathal. Their contract was simple, they would both share the knowledge they had of the others world with another and that would be the key defining point of their partnership. When she returned to the Coven headquarters, several felt the change in Ilidith, but she never felt compelled to use her powers more than just the bare minimum and never once using her actual primary magic type.

That is until she happened to be stuck in a fight with three apostates that she'd been placed in charge of hunting down. She unleashed her powers and brought all three bound in ethereal chains, temporarily stripped of their movement and power. They were human and that was enough punishment as far as Ilidith was concerned. It was then that Ilidith had to explain herself and her rank "re-evaluated" moving her into the single digits. Ilidith, with her new rank, still remained as distanced from the mortal word as ever.

Urged to do so by Gathal, Ilidith continues to scour the world for rare magical texts and ways to increase her knowledge of the demon realm. Someday she hopes to enter into that world and learn all of its secrets as well. She is a witch of knowledge and great power, but no driving force to use her gifts for the good of humanity beyond when she's ordered to by "One."

Last edited by a moderator:
-She seems largely fine, just a few things that have me a bit concerned. Her magic in particular (while i love it) its ultimately up to other rpers how your magic affects their characters. Even if canonically, it should instantly strip weaker witches of their magic, and leaving them defenseless.

Its a tad unusual why she remembers being apart of the Coven, even when she wasnt lol

-Some witches that were about during the forming of the Coven? Thats dangerously close to devolving into Coven lore and history. (Not too close, so its ultimately fine).

-And She only takes orders from One? Seems slightly improbable, considering the Council and Head Witch are above One's authority.

Other than those points, shes Accepted. :)

I forgot about the council and head witch. She takes their orders as well, but it's just those few. She tends to find her books more important than the missions she's called to help in. As for remembering being part of the Coven, she has a vague idea from when she was Vix. Where as Verona got the survival instincts, Ilidith got her desire for knowledge and power, and Sora will eventually have the emotions and the feeling of pain as she was overwhelmed by power. Vix split herself but without all the pieces the times from before are vague.

Yeah, her power is fairly up to RPers, but IF she ever gets into a fight with someone, I'll make sure to discuss with the RPer OOC about how the battle would play out. I don't want to overstep any boundaries and god mod. I'm fairly relaxed about that stuff. I prefer to have fun with everyone rather than being a show of who's character has more power than the other. Know what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back