• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern If The Crime Fits

CharlieBoy

Space Cowboy
Benji didn’t know what happened. All he knew was he running away from the blue flashing lights. He was a good kid, but someone didn’t see it like that.

He saw a man. He was lying on the floor, wounded as anything, a knife hanging out of his body. The boy knelt by the man. He took the knife out of him. He had to. It was falling out of him. Benji got covered in the man’s blood.

That’s when he was caught. With a knife in his hand, covered in blood. He panicked and ran. Stupid boy. But he knew how it looks and knew he had to get away.

Eventually he hid behind a dumpster and curled into a ball, his white shirt covered in now browning blood. His jeans getting dirty as he hid. There was blood in his blonde hair, and he was feeling sick.

Jessa pulled down her radio, letting her officers know she’d followed the man. Sprinting after the blood trail with heavy footfalls, she skidded to a stop next to a dumpster. She quickly dropped her left hand to pull out her pistol, holding it in her hands. “You have five seconds to stand with your hands in the air,” she commanded, power seeming to radiate from her voice. “Let’s go.”
She glanced at him once more before turning back to her radio. “This is DeLuca, I’ve got him. Stand down and secure the scene.” It was obvious as she spoke that she was high ranking, and she gave a final press of a button before she turned back to the boy. She felt bad for him, truly, but she knew there was no way he hadn’t done it.

“I didn’t do it” Benji blurted out, his hands shooting above his head as soon as the cop had finished on the radio. He stood now, only just taller than the woman. “Please you have to believe me!”

His knees where shaking, but it was too dark to see. The blood on his face covered the absolute fear in his eyes.

Benji looked down at his toes and Sighed. He knew he was doomed. There was no way he could prove he didn’t do it.

“That’s what they all say,” she muttered, pulling out her handcuffs and pulling his arms towards his back, chaining the metal around them. “You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you,” as DeLuca read the boy- man- his rights, she pushed him towards the street, signaling for a patrol car to be driven their way. She held onto his head as it approached, pushing him into the backseat.

“You’ll be taken to holding until you’ve been indicted,” she explained as she pulled him towards one of the cells of the precinct where she worked. Keying open the door, she gently shoved him inside, locking it behind him. She walked towards the desk, reclining into it and resting her leg on her knee, logging on to the computer.

“I’m innocent!” Benji screamed from inside his cell. He kicked on the door, trying to get attention. He’d done a good job of staying silent throughout the car ride, just a whimper here or there.

He paced up and down. Up and down. He couldn’t relax, he could feel his heart about to burst out of his body.

Eventually, he sat on the hard slab of a bed, and waited. His knee jerked and shook as he waited. The smell of the drying blood turned his stomach more.

Benji stared at the door, waiting for it to be opened. Surely someone had to help him.

Jessa locked her phone as she finished typing, placing it to the side of her desk as she did. She gave a small sigh, placing her head in her hands as she did. Her computer had frozen- again. Hearing a soft knock on the door, she opened it to a close friend of hers, holding a pillow, clothes, and a snack as well. “Thanks, Evan,” she murmured, taking everything from him and waving goodbye to him. He turned, shutting the door behind him.

Jessa approached the only used cell, knocking on the door. “Back up, I’m coming in.” She did as she said, unlocking it and shutting it behind her, careful to keep the key where she knew it would stay. “Take these,” she said, dropping the spare clothes and the extra pillows and food on his bunk, near his feet not to disturb him. She opened the small window in the door and slid the small window pane from the wall to the side, leaving an opening to the outside covered by bars so he could have some fresh air. “Lights out in an hour or two.”

“Thank you” Benji breathed, swinging his legs around to the floor.

“Miss..” he stood up, but kept back so she didn’t feel threatened. “I didn’t do it. Please let me go... I wouldn’t do anything like that. He was lying there. I was trying to help him”

He looked up, a look of pleading in his blood-shot eyes. He just knew he was the ultimate goal for someone to drop his soap.

“I’d like to believe you, but you sound like every other inmate in the prisons from here to Staten Island. An investigation will be held soon.” she said calmly, her eyebrows furrowed.

“I’ll let you know about it if I hear anything, okay?” she said gently, turning to hold onto the door handle with her pale and slender hand. She twisted it in a single fluid motion, opening the door to allow just herself through. She glanced back at him for a reply.

“Please.” Benji breathed. It was almost a sob. He had unwittingly held his hand out to stop her from leaving. He shook his head and his blonde her shifted on his head.

He stood in the middle of the room, rubbing his arm with the other hand. He had a puppy dog look, and he honestly looked out of place in the cell.
Knowing it was useless, he turned himself around and took off his shirt, replacing it with the shirt he was just given. He didn’t care if the cop was still there anymore. He knew she wasn’t going to help him.

“Sorry.” she said finally, shoving her way out of the door and away from him. She locked the door behind her, quickly walking away back to her desk to place her head between her hands. She hadn’t slept in what felt like days, and she was tired. She closed her eyes, falling asleep quickly and quietly.
(ts?)

(Yup)

Benji had an eventful sleep. He ended up cuddling one of the pillows whilst sleeping on the other. His old clothes lay in a heap on the floor, but these new clothes were a weird size and dig into his hips, leaving little read marks.

As soon as he woke up, he sprung out of bed in a panic. He began pacing up and down again, before settling into the floor facing the door. He prayed that somebody had proved his innocence overnight.

“Okay. Thank you, Sergeant.” Jessa hung up on him, locking her phone and placing it on the desk beside her. She emailed a request for new items to bring, and when it had arrived she had carried them to the only occupied cell in the wing. Unlocking the door, she pushed her way in.

“Here, you’re going to need these.” She moved to place the sheets, books, pillows, blankets, and water bottles and toiletries on the floor. “You’re going to be charged with conspiracy to murder. Not 20 to life, but serious. Consider yourself lucky,” she explained, organizing the materials on the floor.

“No.” Benji shook his head as he stood up in disbelief. “I’m going to prison? I can’t. You have to help me. I didn’t do that! I can’t go to prison. I’m too small. They’ll kill me!”

Benji was obviously in a complete state of despair as his hands went into his hear. His shaking body squatted to the floor.

“I just went for a walk!”

“You’ll be staying here. State prisons are overloaded, and they’d rather take more severe cases than yours. Calm down!” she snapped, rising to her feet.

“If you don’t, the only one killing you will be me, because you can’t be quiet!” She shook her head, her dark auburn hair bouncing as she stood to her feet.

“Dinner will be sent in in about an hour or so. I’ll personally deliver it if you haven’t calmed down.” Her kind and helpful demeanor was gone, replaced by the need to show she was in charge, a primal instinct.

Benji stopped at the thought of staying where he was.
“Oh... I guess “ he swallowed hard. This was far from perfect, but it was better than going to a state prison. He nodded his apologies to her, but he was becoming resentful inside. He was innocent, he knew that. But he was being treated this way and it wasn’t fair. His life was ruined for nothing. And that was resonating inside.

“Good.” she gave him a final nod, narrowing her eyes at him and tilting her head. she sighed, moving to pull the box out of the cell with her, muttering a quiet goodbye as she did. she licked in behind her, her keys jingling and her eyes half-closed.

Benji was angry. He shot daggered eyes at the door.

“YOU CANT KEEP ME HERE!” He yelled at the top of his voice, so loud he pulled his vocal muscles with the guttural scream.

He grabbed the snack he’d been given, and tossed it against the wall, causing it to shatter, crumbs everywhere.

Then he took the shampoo, throwing around so the liquid went all over the place. He was fuming. And he had ticked. He wanted out, now.

Jessa gritted her teeth with a frown, rolling her emerald eyes. She stalked back up to the door, pounding on it. “Watch me,” she said calmly, and her voice was the type that held a scary type of calmness inside. “You won’t be getting any food if you keep this up. Watch yourself, blondie.” she mocked, pounding once more on the door with a glare in her eyes.

“I DIDNT DO ANYTHING” Benji screamed back throwing something else. Besides, he wasn’t hungry anyway. He knew that he couldn’t just accept this punishment quietly. Someone had to listen to him somehow.
Maybe shoring and screaming was the key to be listened. Maybe it would help his cause. He must have know it wasn’t helping, though.

“You broke your shampoo.” she called sharply. “Are you done yet? You sound like a neanderthal, for God’s sake.” The young officer rolled her eyes, glaring through the window on the cell door towards the room inside.

“Not until someone hears that I’m innocent!!” Benji called back, but he was running out of breath quickly, he didn’t know how long he could keep this up.
“You don’t care , do you? Nah! As long as your getting paid, you’ll keep an innocent man rotting in here!” Benji hated what he had to do next, but his mind was telling him he had to make a point. He started calling the cop by horrible names. Every name under the sun. He didn’t mean any of them. He just needed to be heardz

Jessa’s eyes closed and her head pounded. She had had enough with the names. She let out a guttural growl, ripping the door open and stalking up to the man. “Shut your mouth. Now. Or I’ll have you moved to a state prison if it’s the last thing I ever do,” she spat, grabbing his shirt collar and pulling him close. “I’m in charge here, not a skinny little boy like you. I’m done with it. You should be too.” Her voice was low, dangerous, and rich as she spoke, an aura of pure rage and power around her.

Benji stopped suddenly, breathing in sharply with the fright. What did he really expect.

Her rage had snapped him out of his breakdown rather quickly. He now stood staring at her just sadly. The sad innocent face had returned.

“I’m sorry” he squeaked at her “I’m just scared”

His hands had gone above his head again, a sign that he had surrendered this fight. Although she was a little smaller, the cops grip had pulled him to his tiptoes, his body shaking once again as a tear fell down his face.

He hated himself for his outburst. But he more hated himself for crying.

“You should be.” She turned away on her heel sharply, opening the door. “Dinner’ll be soon,” she said, stomping out of the cell and into the hall. Her emerald eyes were wet as she did, and she sat at her desk, chuckling quietly before opening her computer.

Benji collapses himself into a corner. What had he done? How did he manage to be so harsh? He wasn’t like that. That said, he wasn’t the type of kid to end up in a place like this either. He cuddled his knees, hurrying his head into them.

Was he ever going to escape? And what did she mean by telling him he should be scared. He grabbed his blanket and pulled it over himself in his little far corner. This was the only place he felt safe in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back