Other Idk what to title this but it is a question thing of sorts

RandomDiscordman022

Deactivated
Roleplay Type(s)
Ok if i am allowed to ask this question pls reply if ya have a good method.

Does anyone know of any safe ways to bind? (im trans ftm) and i have no access to getting a binder because im still in the closet. Different methods posted are welcome as long as their safe! Thanks!

Edit: thank you to whatever mod moved this thread to the right place :3 i didnt know where to put it so ty!

Last edited:
Hey there, Cosplayer here ^^

There really is no way to bind as effectively and safely as you would do with a binder. Do not use bandages!

You can, however, flatten your chest a little. Note that this works better the flatter your chest is.
A rather uncomfortable method, from my experience, is turning compression shorts into a binder by cutting a hole into the crotch to wear it as a makeshift compression shirt.
Can't really recommend it, though.
A sports bra (or two on top of each other) can compress and flatten your chest a little, and if your wear a wider shirt on top of that it'll hide your chest pretty good.
Again, note that these tips worked for me and my cosplays because my chest is not big to begin with.

Hope I could help you a little :3

Hey there, Cosplayer here ^^

There really is no way to bind as effectively and safely as you would do with a binder. Do not use bandages!

You can, however, flatten your chest a little. Note that this works better the flatter your chest is.
A rather uncomfortable method, from my experience, is turning compression shorts into a binder by cutting a hole into the crotch to wear it as a makeshift compression shirt.
Can't really recommend it, though.
A sports bra (or two on top of each other) can compress and flatten your chest a little, and if your wear a wider shirt on top of that it'll hide your chest pretty good.
Again, note that these tips worked for me and my cosplays because my chest is not big to begin with.

Hope I could help you a little :3
Thank you, fren!

Sadly i dont have compression shorts and i cant get them, but i do have sports bras!

(Note: if anyone has any onther possibly good methods i would like to hear them so i have many options!)

Absolutely 100% do NOT use bandages as the user above stated. You can cause severe, permanent damage to your diaphragm and ribcage. It can cause: fractures, bruises, cracked ribs, reduced respiratory function, poor blood flow, lightheadedness, and obviously pain. You can actually fuck up your spine and lungs with it. They get tighter the more you move, so it doesn't matter if you don't bind that tight to begin with - the more you breathe, the more it restricts. It's what they're designed to do.

If you have a smaller chest, look for a sports bra a size under what you would normally wear. Look for 'no bounce, high impact' labels specifically. These are designed for high impact sports like running and will flatten your chest a lot. Please don't wear two of them, though - you can wear ONE of these and then a lighter sports bra (like the cotton camisole ones) of the right size over top.

If you're dead serious about getting as flat as you can, look at pantyhose. I will preface this by saying that you should never use this method for more than 4-6 hours, depending on chest size. It's an alternative to ace bandages, but I still do not recommend doing this regularly; only consider it for one-off occasions every now and then where you won't be very active, and only if you have a means of being able to get out of it if it starts to get too uncomfortable. I only bring it up because it's safer than ace bandages and some people are dead set on getting that look. I can direct you to some videos that show off a safe pantyhose method.

Also, you can always wear an athletic compression shirt under your actual shirt. If your parents ask you can just say it's for running or something, lmao.

ALWAYS use some kind of anti-chafing powder. Especially for sports bras; it stops you from getting yeast infections and sores, which are a common problem for people who wear them regularly. The sweat gets trapped underneath there and the skin stays moist. Apply your antiperspirant first, let it dry, and then apply the powder liberally. If cost is a problem, look at vagisil powder. This sounds really fucking weird, but it's pretty cheap (2 bucks for 8 ounces) and you can slap it everywhere. Otherwise, use lady anti monkey butt powder. Shit works wonders and this is coming from a verified sweaty beast.

Clothing to avoid is polyester and spandex, which is tight and will show any layering of bras/pantyhose underneath. Stick to wool or cotton. I recommend button downs and shirts with chest pockets. Patterns will break up the shape of your torso and make it less obvious. Just not horizontal stripes, though. Or turtlenecks. I have big boobas and can vouch that both of those will emphasize the curvature of your chest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back