[IC Thread] Act 1, Scene 2 : Seas of Blue and Red... [Creation is your oyster]

"I see you're trying to worm my secrets from me," Tsunami smiled at Yoran. "And you're not even offering up a meal to appease me? How bold and daring."

"Well, that is an unfair demand," Yoran said in a plaintive tone - belied by his smile - "as your ship contains the only kitchen and cook within ten leagues! Will I have to wait until I can properly take you to the finest restaurant at our destination before I can hear your tales?"

His tone changed to a more confident one. "Unless, that is, you want me to call upon the elemental powers of Creation to fetch you the finest treats of the Five Directions? Rosy salmons from the Northern ice-covered seas, pearlescent clamshells from the blue waters of the West, most succulent heart of palm-tree from the burning South, V'Neef wines from the Blessed Isle, sweetest fruits from the tallest trees of the East?" He shrugged.

"Of course, it could have been a subtle way of telling me to fetch you a snack from the ship's kitchen. I must admit, it beats calling upon the very lifeblood of reality to set a table in its elegant simplicity."

"Well... I might be asking for any of them, but it usually is customary to offer up a gift when asking for something," she smiled at Yoran. "Don't tell me that the Heptagram doesn't have this tradition..."

Misora turned her head towards the two other Dynasts. Sighing to herself, she slowly moved towards them. She wasn't going to interrupt them, but she'll stay to the side until they notice her. I wonder what they're talking about...

"The Heptagram has many traditions, some pleasant like the tea ceremony after the last astrology session of the semester, others less so, like the hazing in the showers at Calibration," Yoran replied. "But it is true that initiation into sorcery requires trials, a sacrifice..."

He looked at her in the eyes, a faint smile on his. "So what will the price of your secrets be? Which trials await me before I hear your tales?"

"Ah... but it depends on what you desire, is it not?" She smiled, before lightly stroking Yoran 's cheek. "The question should always be deciding what you're willing to pay and what you want. Wouldn't you agree, Misora?"

"I think the question here is what we both want, Tsunami - if I may call you by your name," Yoran said, smiling, doing his best to ignore the intoxicating Wood-Aspect's smell which had somehow eluded him - until her hand came so close to him. Fortunately, my complexion makes blushing harder to spot. But the heat haze is going to betray me if I don't calm down...

"I am looking at nothing less than a pleasant telling of stories - as for how far I am willing to go, well, can you not guess?" he looked at her in the eyes. "My rapt fascination will not be a suitable fee, then," he added.

_________

OOC: Perception+Investigation: 1 success
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2310518/

Trying to understand what exactly it is that Tsunami want :?:

"Ahhh..." Tsunami's laughter sounded quite wild and free as the ship anchored in the bay of a small island that was almost a ring with but a gap to the west. "Indeed... that wouldn't be quite sufficient for my tales..."

OOC

Please be rolling Wits + Socialize with 1 stunt dice.

The good captain did seem to have rather stiff shoulders, perhaps a warm and vigorous massage was what she might enjoy. After all, hadn't Yoran primed Misora earlier to go forth and offer one to the wood aspect?

Upon hearing her name be called out, Misora snapped out of her reverie, again, and looked at the captain and replied. "Ahh, y-yes..." Watching the unfolding... Events, Misora forced herself to look away politely.

"Well, I do sense a certain... tension," Yoran said in a conversational tone, with scarcely the hint of a smile. "Perhaps you would value some relaxation? A relief for stiffened muscles?"

"I just might..." she nodded in response to Yoran, while giving a look of amusement at the manner that the air aspect looked away.

Misora was turning beet red again. She felt eyes staring into her, it was unnerving. "A m-massage...?" The Ledaal squeaked out. It was true, Yoran told Misora to give Tsunami a... Naked oily massage...

And hadn't Tsunami said something about enjoying a massage from fire aspects? One could almost see thoughts of Tsunami being massaged with hands heated by essence... while oil glistened on her body.

Upon realizing what Misora what thinking about - and remembering the precise type of massage he had teased her with - Yoran gulped. Talk about your wrongdoings coming to bite you in the ass.

Not that he was averse to the idea of doing that particular massage to Tsunami - he was just a bit undertrained for this...

But he was a Scion of Hesiesh. I shall not be daunted by the task. The hot flames of determination swelled in his... chest, and he turned to face the Captain.

"Then perhaps you would be amenable to telling me your tales while I will be taking care of your... discomfort, this evening? You shall do your best to recall the most interesting and mysterious parts of your journeys, while I will simultaneously do my best to recall everything I know about... relieving muscle pains." he suggested. "That way, I will get a story that will fit my performance, and equivalent exchange shall be satisfied."

Misora had to look away. This is one time she wished Coriander was present in an awkward situation. It would distract her from watching... This act that was seriously making her... Well, what Misora always is. Coriander, why'd you have to go sleep?

"Hmmm... that sounds quite acceptable," The look directed at Yoran is one usually directed by men at somewhat attractive females, or perhaps a dynast at an attractive servant, one that the fire aspect likely wasn't used to. It was also a look that reminded one that captain Tsunami was a Cynis. "Let us see after my dinner with the adorable Misora if your skills match up to what you wish from me..."

Yoran's eyes widened a bit in surprise. Knowing Misora, he suspected that she would turn a hue of red inaccessible even to Fire Aspects of the highest breeding and Essence.

"Oh... Hum... I did not bring the 'tools of the trade' onboard... Would you happen to have suitable implements in your cabin?"

And Yoran was right, Misora's face was so red, one could swear that all the blood in her body must've gone to her head. She wobbled a bit backwards, trying to no longer intrude, well, until she realized Tsunami had said her name again.

"Come now... your hands, towels and some body oil," Tsunami laughed at the looks on Misora and Yoran's faces. "Don't tell me you were thinking of something else? After all, that's all a good masseur needs."

Breathing a sigh of relief internally, Yoran shrugged. "It would be hard to stay focused on your stories if we were doing... something else, would it not?" There was a playful gleam in his eyes.

"I'm sure that a lesser man would be hard put to do both," The wood aspect nodded solemnly. "I've known some who could hold a conversation in.... certain activities. I am pleased that you know your limitations and try not to claim being able to do so."

"I have centuries in which to master every art in Creation - there is delight in learning some lessons, and I hope that I still have much to discover that way," Yoran commented. "After all, did I not leave the Blessed Isle to do precisely that? Discovery, huh, in all domains and fields, expanding my knowledge, meeting strange cultures, and sightseeing, of course," he added hastily.

"Nice catch there," she nodded at Yoran, before extending an arm to Misora with a smile. "I do believe that dinner is ready... would you like to join me or do you wish to freshen up first?"

"I would be delighted to help you freshen up if you wish to use the facility in my cabin," the implication in Tsunami's words were rather clear, and brought to mind the air aspect and the wood aspect 'cleaning' each other up in a tub of water that was far too small for two dragonblooded who weren't rather friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back