IC Roleplay

Captain Kirro observed the giant, hulking ship with satisfaction. It had sailed many a sea, and now it would undertake the greatest voyage yet.

The docks teemed with life as barrels full of food and drink were carted onboard. Instead of normal disgusting food usually brought on voyages, Kirro had an ice mage freeze the food rations. It could only be melted by blue fire or anything hotter, so this allowed fruit and meat to be onboard. Kirro enjoyed luxeries such as this one. 

Kirro gently pulled out the yellowed bit of paper from his pocket, and smoothed out the wrinkles. He had spent ages looking at this mapo, feeling Hus heart beat faster as he read the ancient text and scimmed the pictures. The language was very old, but Kirro had been taught it by his language teacher at the palace. The map showed the Hurron Sea, which was completely surrounded the lands. However, it showed two formations right in the middle of the sea. There were tales about that part of the sea. Everyone avoided it, but the map made it quite clear that was the goal. 

Next came the tricky part. The map had to be flipped onto the apparently empty side, and moon light had to be shining on the other side for the other part of the map to be seen. Kirro had already done this, and he made sure to sketch the other side in pen before the map dissapeared. There were many challenges ahead, but it would be worth it. Kirro pocketed the map and climbed up the plank onto the ship, and then the plank was removed. Everyone was already onboard, and hopefully not fighting too much about who gets what room. Well, there wasn't exactly a bunch of space. Two people per room was the rule, and anyone who got snippy could sleep with the fishes. 

The ship jolted forward, and Kirro smiled at the feeling of being on the sea. 

"Lenny!" Kirro yelled, and the ship's cabin...boy? popped out of nowhere. Kirro wasn't sure what it was, but it had the playfulness of a child and liked following orders. It hadn't killed him yet, so whatever. 

Lenny was a wind spirit, so his body was never definite and he rarely had a form. Kirro only knew that Lenny was near because his ears popped due to the air pressure dropping a bit. Sometimes the occasional tornado if dirt would be created when the wind boy moved too fast, but that was about it. He could speak, but it was weird to listen to. Kirro couldn't explain it fully.

"Notify all crew members to meet in my quarters. Not everyone has met, so it seems. My dining table should fit us all quite well I believe. And don't run into anyone. It feels weird." 

Lenny made a shushing sound that passed for laughter before slipping away. Kirro rolled his eyes and made his way to the giant fdoor that led to his room. Candles had to be lit, which gave the room a slightly menacing look, but Kirro liked it. Food was already there, presented on the mahogany table. The cook was discreet and was barely seen, and Kirro absolutely loved him. Kirro plopped on his chair and ripped off the leg of the pig and began eating, waiting for his crew. Hopefully this journey would go well, or Kirro would be joining his family in the great beyond.

Senka had been on board for ahwile now leaning on the rail looking down at the waves lapping at the ship. The cool breeze gently blew her long dark maroon hair. She took in a deep breath through her nose and blew out from her mouth as steam from her hot breath poured out. This was a new beginning for, a chance to start over. Not everyone knew what or who she was, so she could be anything she wanted to be. 

The Shadow Phoenix stood straight and looked around observing everyone when she saw the captain. She overheard him say to the cabin boy for the crew to meet him in his quarters. She waited a few moments before going in to see her captain sitting at the table. She inclined her head to him "captain Kirro" she said quietly. 

@Wave

On one of the yard rails of the main mast laid a slumber male, his legs dangling over the edge. he snored loudly, before taking a breath, sitting up. "'uh? Wha'? Oh. Yeah yeah ill be 'ere,..." he yawned, shooing the wind spirit away. "Cap'an calls..." making his way down, he groaned as he landed,popping his back with a streatch. He started forward, heading for the captains quarters

ͼ FIONA MATSUOKA. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

As the ship departed from the dock, Fiona let her head fall back and relish in the cool breeze that washed over her face. It was in these moments that she felt alone, entirely encompassed in the serenity such nice weather offered - but it was welcome. Not many appreciated days such at this like she did. Until she was interrupted by someone whom changed the slight waft of wind into an almost ferocious gust that whipped her hair about her head. She fixes the culprit with a glare but understands the message: time to see the infamous Captain. 

Fiona strolls to the Captain's Quarters, each step more full of anticipation than the last. She steps inside, her hand keeping hold of the door and surveying the occupants in the room: a boy, tired and looks like he might keel over by the gentlest shove. A girl, calm and eerily melancholic and finally - the Captain, with hair as white as hers and feasting on a leg of meat. She releases the door and moves about the room, fingers trailing over the mahogany supports and eyeing the decor.

"Hell of'a place you got here, Captain." 

█  Location: The Black Kraken; Captain's Quarters  █  With: Captain Kirro, Saile, Senka  █  Weaponry: Rapier, Flintlock Pistol

@Wave

Harebourg walked onto the ship,looking at the mage and inspecting their work, moving over and unrolling the contract he'd had the captain sign. It had the basics, like I will give food and drink to Harebourg and I will never betray him or anyone distinguished by him, if so I am subject to a long period of pain by way of his choosing , then some others like I will promise to give one eighth of the treasure found or pillaged on this voyage. He also had a promise for an actual bed. Walking to the quarters, he dropped his knives on the bedside and walked around for a bit more.

Kirro paused as the girl entered. Fiona, he believed was her name. He didn't really know her, but she acted like him in a few ways. With that white hair, she was like a ghost from his past. Kirro had a perfect memory, and every moment in his life was a crystal clear picture that could be called to mind. It was a dragon trait, since they lived for a very long time. That's why dragons were such great storytellers.

Kirro remembered a scrawny, white haired girl that would avoid her duties in the palace and find the young Kirro. She said they were actually cousins due to their shared hair color, and she enjoyed weaving stories about her royal parents that had tragically died and left their daughter. She had been an adventurous little sprite, but she filled out quite nicely. Kirro hadn't really gotten to admire her before his family was reduced to nothing but corpses in fancy tombs. Well, she was dead now, and this girl was not her. 

He stiffened for a few moments, trying to banish the memories. Now they were a true curse. 

"It is quite the ship, and I plan on making it even greater once we find the treasure. Please, sit. If the others don't arrive soon, they'll get a nasty surprise. I am not a patient man." He eyed the siren for a few moments before turning to a woman who he hadn't even sensed. Senka, he remembered, was her name. He inclined his head in a gesture of welcome before he resumed tearing into the meat.

"Captain, are we still waitin' for the stragglers-"

A small, lithe girl slipped her way into the quarters; her eyes glancing over the room as her voice cut. Nodding to herself, she strode quickly across the room to plop into a chair beside Kirro. Crossing one leg over the other as she leant back against the glazed wood, she resumed casual conversation with the elder captain. 

"I stand corrected! We've got a few new faces haven't we?", Coda hummed with a small smirk, re-tying her hair into a messy bun that hung low on her neck. She quickly noticed the other woman he addressed, her eyes locking onto her as she shot her a bright smile. "White hair. Huh. The both of 'ya look like siblings, don't 'ya?", she quickly added, nodding to Fiona as she then turned her attention back to Kirro with a chortle.

"Patient? Heh- I'd love to see that one day, right Captian? But, yeah, they better turn tail and get over here; I think there's some of 'em still roaming around?"

Sighing heavily and uncrossing her legs, the first-mate quickly stood to her feet; guesturing with her hands as she continued back towards the door. Her feet lightly skimmed the ground as she did so, sometimes missing the deck alltogether as she slid through the opening of the quarters. She called back, "I'll round them up, just hang out there Captain."

Walking out onto the deck, Coda's eyes roamed around; catching onto the movement of two others as she slid lightly across the wooden flooring. Tipping her head towards one lumbering man, she gestured back towards the quarters as she continued forward. Passing the hallway leading towards the crew's quarters, she saw the other "straggler". Placing her hands on her hips, she cleared her throat and called out to him. 

"Hey there. You might wanna get moving, the Captain's waitin' on 'ya.", she said jovily, motioning towards his quarters.

@Wave

@Mistory

@KAmber

@shatteredxfrost }

"Okay," He nodded and checked the agreements one more time until he walked to the captain's cabin and knocked.

Last edited by a moderator:
The blue haired male grumbled, running a hand over his eyes as he walked, waving a hand in dismissal.

"Ye ye 'm co'ein'"

He grumbled, giving the girl a pat on the head as he stepped past. He slipped inside with a sigh.

"So'y cap. 'Leepin' off las' nights ale..."

As he said this, he pulled a flask, taking a sip. Saile always had some kind of alcohol on him...

" than' the las 'or ge'in' me..."

@spooksspook @Wave

Kirro watched his first mate leave, knowing that she'she'she'she'd manage to herd everyone. She had bluntly stated Kirro and Fiona's resemblance, which was like throwing more wood into the fire. No, it would be fine. He had always kept his emotions in check, and he could continue to do it now. He heard knocks on the door, which almost made him laugh. 

"Looks like we have a polite pirate! You may enter." His tone was light, but His face remained impassive. Lenny appeared out of nowhere, the soft sh sh of his airy form moving about alerting Kirro.

"We....draw near." Kirro strained to understand, but realization dawned.

"Make sure the sails are down when we are a short distance away. Everyone, you may need to get down in a while and I sincerely hope you don't have any friends wandering on the deck of the ship, because once we go through that portal they will be gone when we reach the other side." Kirro's anticipation couldn't be held back, and he smiled as he toyed with the weathered map in his pocket, the way for him to fill the void in his heart.

Harebourg came in, hearing what he said. "Does that include the things in my bed?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back