Chitchat IAmA young man of elvish descent and...

IdeaLover

Feed me ideas!
I will be talking about the Elven Plight that has gone on in the American North for some sixteen hundred plus years. However, please feel free to ask me other questions and I will answer as I can.

As of recent I learned of my elvish ancestry on my father's side of the family. Although we are a branch family, I felt the need to learn of my forgotten heritage. In doing so, I learned of the sad truth of the current tyranny that has befallen the elves of the American North. The elven state of the American North, better known as the North Pole, is lead by the Noel, or Santa Claus. Dating back to midway between the fourth and fifth century of the current Gregorian calendar, the first Noel, a young child, was found by elves on the floating icebergs of the arctic circle. The are no records of how the boy came to be stranded by himself. Wrought with pneumonia and hypothermia, the boy was very close to death. The elves of the time took pity on him and brought the child to the inner sanctum of the North Pole. The Elder Council of the North Pole deemed the boy an unbiased and pure being. They took the soul essence of their forefathers that had been accumulated over many centuries and liquefied it into a elixir the boy could ingest. From that point on, the boy had become the Noel.

With a new ruler, above the Elder Council, the North Pole achieved a new level of stability and prosperity. The exporting of goods increased the wealth of the state and in turn improved the health of its citizens. At the time elves would scarce live beyond one hundred. Very few reached their two hundreds and even fewer, the Elder Council, had lived for over three centuries. Noel was a brilliant young man educated by the Elder Council, but still willing to work alongside the lowest of elves in the factories. This continued on for several centuries, until the early thirteen hundreds. Noel had always been surrounded by elves. Although human and elf were scarce in difference, Noel was still alone in the North Pole. The Elder Council had arranged several brides for him of the most beautiful elven women. But Noel dismissed them all, he longed for the comfort of another human. Not wanting to see the leader of their nation in a state of depression, the Elder Council allowed Noel to venture beyond the North Pole's outer sanctuary.

The elves of the American North had always had friendly relations with the native humans of the lands surrounding them. It was these humans that allowed them to export goods beyond the American North and to the four corners of the world. Noel, was allowed leave for one year, but as decades passed with no word, the Elder Council and all of the North Pole feared the worse. Near the end of the thirteenth century Noel returned with a young boy in tow. The Elder Council pleaded with him to tell them of what transpired over the many years since his last contact. Noel did not know he was unlike the other humans of the world. He traveled the world and met a young woman and soon fell in love. Alas as years passed the love of life aged, yet he did not, nor did their child. Decades later she had died, and Noel grieved. He had come back to the North Pole only to ask for death. He knew the power within him could only be removed by the Elder Council and would never allow him to die.

The council with a heavy heart accepted his proposal of making his son the next Noel. The boy who grew up without the love of a mother and only the empty gaze of a father. He was not pure, but the council would not betray their leaders dying wishes. The first Noel was buried alongside his wife in a foreign land at an unmarked grave. Thus began the reign of the second Noel. The boy was raised similar to his father; however, he aged just as the elves would. He lacked the true essence of Noel, the souls of the elven forefathers. The Elder Council had never agreed to give the boy the souls, only to make him the next Noel. Knowing this secret the boy always held contempt in his heart. As the boy aged into a man, the Elder Council again arranged for an elven bride. The Noel accepted to their surprise. His son was to be the next Noel, when the father chose to retire. For the state, a time of stability continued but the Elder Council hid the slight decline of wealth.

Unlike the first Noel, the second was rash despite the teachings he had received as a child. He made countless mistakes and pushed all the work to the Elder Council. Secretly they wished for the day the third Noel could take over. But that day never came. One night near the end of the year, the second Noel took his son out of inner sanctum away from the North Pole. When he returned, he was alone. The second Noel told tale of the native humans attacking him and his son. And while there was evidence of a fight at a nearby campsite, none could tell the truth for the bodies had been devoured by wolves. The second Noel became solemn and rarely spoke. Dismissed his wife and spoke to the Council only through letter. In the years that passed the Noel aged not one bit. The Noel began training animals, reindeer. He was remarkable skilled, as if he had trained them before.

An elven scout, scouts had been deployed since the death of the third Noel, reported to the council that he had seen the second Noel feeding wolves at the edges of the North Pole. From that point on the Elder Council was convinced he had slain his own child and consumed his soul. The Elder Council was unanimous in their decision to detain the man once known as the second Noel. However, during their meeting howls could be heard throughout the North Pole. The Noel sees all and hears all for he is the vessel of elven souls. Despite not being in control of the souls of the forefathers, the Noel still saw the actions of the Elder Council and knew of their plot against him. His legions of wolves descended upon the inner sanctum killing many council members and elves. No one was spared. The Noel consumed their souls and obtained the souls of the forefathers.

Since that day the Second Noel has stayed in control of the North Pole and has made it into what we humans know as Santa's Workshop.

I left out some details, but that is the gist of it. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. That's what I'm here for. I'll answer as I can, but I only have access to so many documents and my elvish isn't that great, so I may be reading some of these wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back