• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

I work for the NYPD?

TabbyHere

Two New York police officers in the city of lights, they've been together through thick and thin, hell and high water. Characters A and B went through the Police Academy together, sat just a few rows apart at their graduation, and were assigned to the same precinct. They were practically inseparable, joined at the hip even closer than a brother and sister. Of course, being rookie cops, they were each assigned a more experienced partner to begin with but the two still talked in the squad room and over meals on a weekly basis. Six months later, partners had been reassigned. The rookies had been broken in the best they could be and the cards were in their hands. To their excitement, Characters A and B had been assigned to one another. And so it began, taming the concrete jungle together.

Everything went swimmingly, for a while. Before they knew it, a couple months had flown past and Characters A and B had become the top rooks in their precinct. More accurately, they were well on their way out of being rookies. That was, until, the incident. What the two thought was a routine domestic disturbance call turned out to be so much more. During the events that followed (a struggle, crossfire, etc.), Character B is struck. Hard. When she wakes up in a hospital room with Character A standing over her, she doesn't even recognize his face.

--------

First things first (I'm the realest.), I realize this is short and vague. I really just wanted to get the basic idea out there so that perhaps we could flesh this baby out together. The basic idea is this: two cops-to-be meet in Academy, become the closest of pals, finally get assigned as partners and boom, something happens to cause a drastic bout of amnesia in one of the two. Now I know what you're thinking, "Tabby, there isn't much of a story to work with here." Well, you're in luck because I've got you covered.

Here's what I had in mind for some RP focal points.

• The incident that causes Character B to lose her memory involves a pretty heavy criminal (i.e. mafia, drug lord, arms dealer, human trafficker, etc.), causing the case to become a pretty big deal. Perhaps in his free time, Character A does some unofficial snooping into who was responsible for his partner's injuries. This could end up getting him in over his head. When Character B is physically stable, maybe she could be convinced to assist him in some digging (undercover work?) as well.

• Prior to her amnesia, Character B had purely seen Character A as a very close friend, although his feelings may or may not have been the same. Now, meeting him again for the first time, that perspective could change.

• Character B's memory could come back in spurts, in dreams or memories. Over the course of the RP, pieces will slowly click back into place revealing her previous friendly relationship with Character A as well as the events leading up to her memory loss.

I intend for this to be a blend of approximately 45% mystery/ espionage/ action, 45% relationship building/ character development, and 10% strong backstory linking the two characters' pasts in the forms of stories and flashbacks.

I post around 2 to 5 paragraphs at least once a day. I prefer writing my 1x1s over PM. I will be taking the female role of Character B. I only write MxF romance.

If you're interested in helping me out with this, please, let me know! ^^

Sounds pretty good and fresh to me even with just the beginning stem. I'm interested in it, especially because it's a mix of mystery and character development. I tend to be a heavy poster, around 5 paragraphs or more, that's because I can't post frequently during a day, especially weekdays. I could lower the amount of paragraph I write, but the frequency I write will be a max of 4/day (1 at morning, 1 at lunch, and 2 at evenings). If that is okay with you, PM me. :)

Wow, that is definitely something very interesting, and I like it. A lot. You can definitely count me in if you are looking for more partners. I would love to do this. I have no problem writing paragraphs. I am on quite a bit, unless I am studying or sick. I definitely hope you're looking still! :)

Oh my gosh, I absolutely adore this plot. I am in love with it, seriously. c: If you are still willing to open up for another role-play, shoot me a PM! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back