• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐•ด ๐–œ๐–”๐–“'๐–™ ๐–‰๐–†๐–“๐–ˆ๐–Š ๐–†๐–Œ๐–†๐–Ž๐–“

oxicodone

แด›สœแด‡ ส€แด€แด˜แด›แดœส€แด‡ แด๊œฐ ส™แด‡ษชษดษข แด€สŸษชแด แด‡
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

ayden scott

"Sorry," Ayden murmurs, half a smile lighting his face. The student, hardly aware she'd been bumped into, offers her attention (also halved), something of an uh, what? and it's fine before turning back to her friends. She doesn't spare him any space. So, again, Ayden has to apologize his way through her little crowd. And, sure โ€” he's thankful that they're too preoccupied with their conversation to pay him any real mind, having chosen to squeeze his way to a seat instead of simply picking one on the sides 'n all โ€” but here's what happens:

"... see him? He's right there," she scoffs. Her friends make no effort to hide their perked heads, glaring in the direction she points to like there's a devil on the other side of the room.

"I swear he's not sane."

"He's fuckin' weird, man. Tells me one day, out of the blue, to break up with Iris. For no fuckin' reason! And, like, he kept pestering me about it, over and over."

"Why the hell would you even hang with him?"

Doesn't mean to eavesdrop, really, he'd swear it, but by the time Ayden's stepped away from them, he's already heard enough. His brows twist; he faces away. Decides that looking at the guy would paint him guilty. Decides he will forget every word, and โ€”

"Alright, let's begin," calls the professor. Conversations across the classroom wither into silence. Ayden shuffles awkwardly past another two or three students before dropping in the first empty seat he finds.

Breathes out; adjusts the hem of his striped button-up and paints over his expression something new. A slight lift to the corners of his lips.

"Sorry," he says probably for the umpteenth time that day. A whisper, hopefully caught over the voice booming through the professor's earpiece: "do you have a pen on you?"

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

ยฉ weldherwings.

(edited! Name changes fixed)

Kane would pretend that all he heard was not about him, and he would ignore their looks that he saw from the corner of his eye, he didn't mind. Contrary to popular belief that if someone's crazy they aren't aware, Kane was aware. He had spoken to his school counselor enough to know that he wasn't normal by any means, other than how he looked, which seemed to be above average, he wasn't certain as there wasn't an official metric.

He had continued life like it were a dance, moving out of his family trailer as soon as he graduated, and found himself a comfortable position doing odd jobs here or there, performing on the streets for tips all for an incredibly meager earning, despite it all he continued his attempts at presenting a lavish lifestyle as he spent time with 'friends'.

He wasn't particularly interested in his classmates until he met, no witnessed, Ayden Scott. Beautiful, quiet, polite, kind, the kind of person who seemed like he could truly understand him, the kind of person who under the surface would be just the same as him. Though all truly based on assumption and the rampant wondering of his mind. He had tried speaking with him before but would always be pushed away by someone in his way.

Though now it seems as though an opportunity had fallen right into his lap as a sweet voice had spoken next to him. He felt his face warm, and his mouth curl into a dopey grin as he turned towards Ayden. His expression, the complete opposite of his typical cool and controlled expression as he brought his shoulders in, struggling to meet Ayden's eyes, "why yes I do," he hummed as the smile stretched across his face as he dug through his bag and offered a pen towards Ayden.

"It's nice to finally meet you," he spoke softly as the lecture began , the smile on his face hard to control, he was giddy about the whole situation. "Kane Warden," he introduced.

Last edited:

ayden scott

A hand extends out, brushing the tip of his fingers across Kane's knuckles. Honeyed eyes โ€” stuck in a stare โ€” give two blinks. He practically has to remember to refix his smile, offer a quick: "thanks!" before taming it, giving in and asking: "'Finally'?". Cue the small laugh, rolling off his tongue with more awkwardness than he can afford. Ah, what a mess. The boy looks so uncomfortable already and Ayden can't figure out why.

"...and as such, you'll be graded on your attendance as well as your..."

"But uhm, I'm Ayden. Ayden Scott," he whispers back to Kane after a generous minute. The smile is clipped, unwavering throughout every turn of his head. Slipping off when he looks away, towards the front of the class, and automatically re-planting itself when he looks in Kane's direction. It was unusual for a smile to be shot his way. From strangers, from classmates alike. Routine demanded a smile from Ayden; pleasantries from one side but not the other, and โ€” he thinks it shouldn't be so serious, but โ€” isn't this... weird? What if they knew each other from before and Ayden simply forgot? How embarrassing. Maybe he should ask.

"...project."

"Huh?" Ayden perks up, wide duos of gold flitting towards the professor. Murmurs slowly begin to fill the hallroom.

"I'll only allow two-to-three students for this one." The murmurs grow louder.

"A project..." Ayden mumbles half-absently. Then, he shifts his attention, searching the class for his friends. None to be found.

ยฉ weldherwings.

Last edited:
Kane had to turn away from a few moments, just the slight tilt of his head he took in a deep breath to soothe his nerves- in through the nose, out though the mouth. A breathing technique taught to him by his counselor, and one that had used ever since to calm his nerves. He was angry and impulsive when he was younger, though this was the first time he did it to calm his nerves, he didn't want to scare Ayden off now did he?

"Oh, yeah, of course, anything for my desk buddy," he chuckled, as he seemed to perk right up as he propped his head up on his hand as brown eyes looked Ayden up and down almost predatorily. "Don't think too much on it," he chuckled.

Kane had been absentmindedly listening along to the professor speak, some sort of long term project if he heard correctly.

Kane then, as I'd on cue, sighed out, the prospect of Ayden grouping up with him was a thought that sent a shiver through his spine. Nearly thinking that he didn't deserve such a pleasure, he shut down any implications of such a thought down as he sighed out, "I'm not on speaking terms with any of my friends in this class, would you be my partner?" He asked sounding rather hopeful.

ayden scott

Desk buddy. If it wasn't so impolite, Ayden would've laughed here. He almost does โ€” then doesn't. Sews his lips shut, forcing forward a tight smile instead. But it quickly mellows out the next words out of Kane's mouth.

"Not... on speaking terms?" Ayden repeats. "Is everything alright?" It's a short-lived attempt at something: another quick search of the hall. But, when he realizes not Erin nor Andrรฉ are attending the lecture, he makes a small displeased noise that sounds closer to a huff than disappointment. Then, turns to face Kane again. "You sure? You haven't even asked them yet."

"And, well. I don't want to... overstep, haha."

Maybe it was a good thing to be seated with someone he knew. The idea of not knowing an old friend washes a wave of guilt down his throat. The idea of not being acquaintances presents another feeling. Weird is the word. Ayden would never say this out loud, however.

ยฉ weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back