• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was Fine Until You

Caroline wasn’t the only one in her family then that had troubles plague her mind except not necessarily of the same nature as her. A good impression? Huh, he supposed so. He'd like to think Caroline didn’t worry about what he thought about her, that she knew he accepted her as she was and he’d already told her he loved her but well he did know what it was like to wonder how your partner might react. He stressed that Caroline would hate him and he doubted Her worries were exactly the same as his but he supposed he could understand not being truly yourself with someone else, hiding things and being unsure. What could he do to help though? He’d tried to reassure her, maybe it was just time.

Arthur sighed. “Thanks anyway” he said, sometimes it was just nice to talk to someone he guessed even if they didn’t have the answers he sought. “And thanks again for taking us in. I don’t think Caroline likes hearing about it but it’s actually really nice to speak to someone who understands how horrible Rayner actually is” He should watch his words really, it wasn’t wise to speak badly of a king but Mavis agreed that he was A piece of work. The only other people he could speak to about it were Silas, which could depressing for him, and Galehaut, who still should watch his step in case Rayner caught wind of it.

”before i travelled to this kingdom, I‘d known that Silas didn’t get on with his father but I hadn’t realised why, the depths of Rayner’s depravity. Caroline didn’t warn me but she still gets on with her father, or at least she did” he wasn’t sure it was wise to mention that Rayner had slapped her and he wasn’t really sure where the two stood now anyway. “I…but I can’t just stand by as Rayner hurts Silas, I’ve got to do something to try and stop it but it’s not exactly easy.”

Mavis gave a small nod to Arthur at his thank you. But then he kept talking and her expression became one of amusement. Soon snickering. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows. " She informed. Rayner was awful. How many others had he hurt in some way? It was hard to say. But Mavis had a feeling there were others. She went quiet as Arthur spoke about Rayner. Listening to him. Finding herself tensing at the mention of Rayner harming Silas. Finally Mavis then said. "Dear, You are sweet. But you don't have any power to do anything here. " Mavis informed. Likely it wasn't what he wanted to hear. But it was true. Arthur was in Rayner's kingdom. Sure he was a prince, But Rayner was a king. There was little Arthur could really do.

Mavis then confessed to Arthur. "Not everyone even hates him. Sure he's an *ss. But... He can be charming when he wants to be. Has plenty of allies. Can spin things so you are the villain. " Mavis warned Arthur. If Arthur chose to go against Rayner. He could very well be fighting a battle on his own. Well, Silas would be there. But that might not be that much help.

Mavis then shook her head. "When I first met him, I was certainly smitten. He was handsome. Made you think he was so sweet. " She muttered bitterly. Nose wrinkled. She then mused. "Though, I reckon I might have had things a bit rose tinted. " She sighed. Before looking at Arthur. Her expression more of one of concern as she murmured. "I.. Hate to hear he's being just as awful to Silas. I'd worried about him. " She of course had been concerned for Silas! but well, There wasn't much she could do to help him out here.

How many people were there in the ‘hate Rayner‘ club? Surely more than just them and Arthur wasn’t one for extreme negative emotions but he definitely felt some hatred for Rayner. He’d seen what he’d done to Silas, seen him smile afterwards, the man was a monster and Arthur was still shocked at the lengths Rayner would go to in order to punish his son. Not that Silas even I’d anything wrong in the first place! Admittedly Silas wasn’t always well behaved but he didn’t deserve anything like what Rayner gave him, no one did.

Mavis believed there was nothing he could do, but Rayner couldn’t get away with this and if anyone had a good shot at interfering then Arthur wasn’t a bad shout, he was protected by being a foreign prince, by Rayner not wanting to upset Alexander too much but he’d still have to step carefully and Arthur was still working on some sort of plan anyway. Had Kay found out anything they could use to blackmail Rayner? “Mavis, I appreciate that you’re probably right but I have to try” Arthur insisted, even if he didn’t solve the problem, he couldn’t walk away without trying, he wouldn’t be able to live with himself if he just resigned Silas to his fate so easily. He was determined to help Silas, had said that if they couldn’t stop it then he would help him run away more permanently.

He supposed he could see how Rayner might come off as charming but obviously Arthur mainly felt disgusted By him. Rayner came across as cold as well but again he figured it might be the way if this kingdom and it’s people, although Mavis was Perfectly warm. “I worry about him too” Arthur admitted in relation to Silas, not sure he should tell her about Rayner whipping him, there was nothing she could do and he was mostly healed now anyway. “Even though we’re gone just a few days, I hope he’ll be okay on his own.” he murmured. “Maybe he’ll be better off; Rayner seems to enjoy hurting him to punish me too” It’s not like he could have Arthur beat up so his own son would just have to do. “But I am determined to stop it. This whole kingdom Already sees me as a villain“ Did Mavis even know about him and Morgan? Surely she must, she heard some gossip after all and that was pretty big news ”ive had a countless number of people come up to me at balls and disrespect me, my family and my kingdom , to smile in my face and say the most vile things. I’m not sure I can get a further fall from grace so I’m not too worried about Rayner making me the villain” Besides, he wasn’t sure if the knights would turn on him, he was their prince and their future king, even if they were disgruntled by some things Rayner said then they’d still be duty bound to stick by Arthur. “it doesn’t matter what people think of me as long as I can help Silas” Rayner was the true villain and they Couldn’t let him prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back