• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Digital i wanna code a game but i have no ideas or art skills please help me

SliceThePi

caked in resin and vile to behold
Actually, though! If you have a cool idea, pitch it to me! I take care of the coding, you take care of the art, and we work together on design and such.

My experience:
- 6ish years of programming
- Languages: C#, JavaScript (including jQuery and node.js), Java, C++, HTML/CSS/PHP, MySQL (database design certificate from IBM), Lua, Python, AutoHotKey scripting, and GlovePIE scripting, and probably something I've forgotten. I learn new ones quickly, too!
- Basic Blender usage (the modeling program)
- Music in FL Studio and LMMS
- Unity and Unreal (I prefer Unity)

I have no artistic skills, but this sounds interesting, tag me in it if you guys do decide to make it.

My experience:
- 6ish years of programming
- Languages: C#, JavaScript (including jQuery and node.js), Java, C++, HTML/CSS/PHP, MySQL (database design certificate from IBM), Lua, Python, AutoHotKey scripting, and GlovePIE scripting, and probably something I've forgotten. I learn new ones quickly, too!
- Basic Blender usage (the modeling program)
- Music in FL Studio and LMMS
- Unity and Unreal (I prefer Unity)

It's stuff like this that makes me realize how much more I could be doing in my life, lol.

Last edited:
Ever thought about making a RTS game?
I mean... that opens up a lot of doors Since:
-Models don't have to be very detailed
-Less work when it comes to the map
-Can take a lot of inspiration from another games

i have some story ideas that could potentially work for a game tbh? a medieval fantasy setting where an accidental summoning forces two people to journey together through magical realms, a sci-fi semi-dystopian universe with a corrupt government and a bunch of rebels aiming to overthrow it with the help of their self-aware robot friend, and a kind of gentle and comedic story set in a school for villains, with a gameplay similar to stardew valley.

i'm open to talk in more detail about them if you're curious, and i have an art thread somewhere in this forum tho it's not very full atm lmao.

How about a visual-novel game. You know like Fate/Stay night and Danganronpa. Very simple game play since it's based on text reading. I'm still thinking of an idea but i'll get to that. For my art style, it's very quirky and simple. (My profile pic is an example) I do draw a bit of Anime, Chibi characters more likely. If you want cars for your game i can do that too! (Cause i'm a sucker for cars) Although may still come out terrible but I'll give my best to give eye pleasing art! I've been drawing for 5 months in a row. Digital art was a pain for me...

Ever thought about making a RTS game?
I mean... that opens up a lot of doors Since:
-Models don't have to be very detailed
-Less work when it comes to the map
-Can take a lot of inspiration from another games
That's not a bad idea! That or a turn-based strategy game. That way, art doesn't have to be quite as dynamic, so the artist won't have to have as much experience with game art.

i have some story ideas that could potentially work for a game tbh? a medieval fantasy setting where an accidental summoning forces two people to journey together through magical realms, a sci-fi semi-dystopian universe with a corrupt government and a bunch of rebels aiming to overthrow it with the help of their self-aware robot friend, and a kind of gentle and comedic story set in a school for villains, with a gameplay similar to stardew valley.

i'm open to talk in more detail about them if you're curious, and i have an art thread somewhere in this forum tho it's not very full atm lmao.
Those all sound super-cool! DM me! I'll stalk your profile real quick to find your art thread

How about a visual-novel game. You know like Fate/Stay night and Danganronpa. Very simple game play since it's based on text reading. I'm still thinking of an idea but i'll get to that. For my art style, it's very quirky and simple. (My profile pic is an example) I do draw a bit of Anime, Chibi characters more likely. If you want cars for your game i can do that too! (Cause i'm a sucker for cars) Although may still come out terrible but I'll give my best to give eye pleasing art! I've been drawing for 5 months in a row. Digital art was a pain for me...
Yeah, that sounds cool!

When you’re messing in the realm of game Deving it’s good just to make games in general I’ve found, even if they are tiny it’s good to build some muscle and just really get a feel for what you like to make, and I wouldn’t worry about art, if undertale can do it you can too.

When you’re messing in the realm of game Deving it’s good just to make games in general I’ve found, even if they are tiny it’s good to build some muscle and just really get a feel for what you like to make, and I wouldn’t worry about art, if undertale can do it you can too.
Yep! That's why I'm doing this haha.

the ideas mentioned earlier are rad. reading about your overall experience in programming is just. wowe. mindblowing. just adding a small suggestion since there's a special place in my heart for fantasy/ medieval-ish rpgs or story-rich games + pixel graphics.

the ideas mentioned earlier are rad. reading about your overall experience in programming is just. wowe. mindblowing. just adding a small suggestion since there's a special place in my heart for fantasy/ medieval-ish rpgs or story-rich games + pixel graphics.
It's really not that amazing haha. Once you've learned one or two programming languages, learning new ones isn't that hard. Thanks though! :D
And yeah, my favorite kind of setting is the preindustrial type fantasy thing. Not quite medieval but definitely not industrial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back