• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern î̬t̬̂'̬̂ŝ̬ ̬̂â̬ ̬̂b̬̂ê̬â̬û̬t̬̂î̬f̬̂û̬l̬̂ ̬̂d̬̂â̬ŷ̬ ̬̂î̬n̬̂ ̬̂t̬̂ĥ̬ê̬ ̬̂n̬̂ê̬î̬ĝ̬ĥ̬b̬̂ô̬r̬̂ĥ̬ô̬ô̬d̬̂ -- IC

Characters
Here
Other
Here
MOOD: Defeated & concerned

OUTFIT: This hoodie

basics
MENTIONS:
Lydia ( Reiia silver Reiia silver )
Lucille ( Reiia silver Reiia silver )

INT:
Lydia ( Reiia silver Reiia silver
tags
TL;DR He agrees he'll go to school as long as his mom doesn't expect him to get good grades. He's worried about his little sister and asks his mom if she's read the news about the missing children
tl;dr
lucas saunders
The boy your mom warned you about.
Lucas wasn’t expecting the first thing his mother said to be an apology, and the gentle yet unfamiliar weight of her hand on his shoulder came as a bit of a surprise to him. It was sad, but true. This wasn’t Lydia’s fault alone: the epitome of a teenage boy, Lucas was just as guilty of repressing his feelings as she was, so physical touch between them wasn’t exactly common. He didn't hate it, though.

He’d been expecting a little more of an argument when she heard his reasoning for not wanting to go, but honestly? Hearing his mother’s unexpected apology, for a brief moment, actually made his guarded heart twinge with guilt. It wasn’t her fault he felt the way he did about school, he at least knew that much. Sure, her constant nagging didn’t help, and maybe if things had been different at home he wouldn’t find himself in as much trouble as he did, but that was beside the point.

In Lucas' world, school was like a persistent and monotonous hum in the background of life—an annoying tune he just couldn’t seem to harmonise with, no matter how many times he tried (and failed). It always demanded something of him, and if you don’t fit into the system the way they want you to, you’re automatically deemed unintelligent, or worse: a problem child.

Despite that, as Lucas listened to his mother’s words, he felt a shift in the usual narrative. Lydia Saunders, single mother and perpetual juggler of a demanding career, momentarily seemed to shed her veneer of strength and success as she recounted her own hardships of the past out of concern. In that moment, she actually seemed vulnerable for once.

While Lucas remained skeptical of the American education system and still hated going to school with a passion, he couldn't dismiss the authenticity in what his mother was asking of him. This was odd—for once, it didn’t feel right to argue back. It was clear to him that there was no other way around it, at least for the time being. He was going to school whether he liked it or not.

“Alright, alright.. I’ll go.” he finally said after a short pause. “But don’t expect straight As, okay?” he added, trying to lighten the mood a little with the half-joke. This was going to be interesting. He couldn’t remember the last time he stayed in school until hometime for three consecutive days, let alone five. How bad could it really be?

Lucas’ backpack was already slung over his right shoulder, still packed with a few basic scholarly necessities from the last time he pretended to go to school. It was too late to do homework if he had any, which meant he was only missing one more thing—his skateboard. He wouldn’t be skating around the hallways or anything, but he couldn’t not take it with him.

Lucas glanced at his mom once more before heading out of the kitchen, grabbing his skateboard from beside the front door so he could at least hit the town during recess if he wanted to. “Hey mom?” he called, raising his voice slightly so that his words could be heard from the kitchen. Before he finished what he was saying, he paused for a moment.

Not wanting to scare his little sister, Lucas walked back into the kitchen and continued what he was going to say in more of a hushed tone this time. “Have you seen the news yet this morning?” he asked. Truthfully, he was more worried about Lucille than he was about having to go to school that day. Lucas wasn’t usually one to show his feelings, but as the question left his lips, the concern was quite evident on his face.
code by valen t.

Last edited:

• Marybeth Henderson

The Worried Mother

Mood:

In pain and in love

14 Crescent Court

Outfit:

Marybeth barely even noticed Diego had gotten behind her until he kissed her.

"Jesus Mary and Joseph!" she gasped, pressing a hand to her lips as he asked if she had eaten. She sighed, giggling a bit as she spoke. "You really need to stop scaring me like that hon." she chuckled, taking another sip of coffee. "Uh... I haven't gotten any food in me in a bit, but I was busy uh... looking at the paper." she explained to him, gesturing to it for a moment.

"Things are uh... getting kind of bad lately. I mean... a handful of children getting snatched in broad daylight, I-" she sighed, realizing she was rambling all over again. "Oh god, I'm sorry. I just... I don't think I'll be able to handle it if something happens to our kids, and... what if something happens to me?" she whispered, gripping the cup in her hands so tightly she thought it might break.

"Can you... can you just... throw some bread in the toaster? I just need something in my stomach before-" she paused, hearing her twins coming down the stairs and pulling on a smile. "Hi babies! You want mommy to pour you some cereal?" she asked, glancing over to her husband. She had to play pretend, like nothing was wrong. He kids didn't deserve to worry like that.

♡design by stardust galaxy, coded by uxie♡

cooltext436124183997609.png

𝕋𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕤:"I really hope Lucas can see that I’m trying! "

𝕎𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖: Living room

𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙: Zombie. Zombie. (Lucas)

𝕄𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤: N/A

Lydia had no idea how this talk was going to affect her son, in fact she was expecting a lot more pushback and for him to just not want to go. For a moment she was even considering that if he requested or even demanded not to go to school, she may just give him the time he needed. At least this once, would it really hurt? Maybe sometimes kids just needed a mental health day, maybe she was not being fair enough to her son.

While she was deep in thought Thinking how to better handle the situation, she looked up as Lucas began to speak. She was definitely surprised that he was willing to go to school, but did she ever expect him to get straight A’s? She probably expected more out of her daughter then her son, but then again she felt absolutely happy with him. She quickly nodded her head, reaching her arms out as if she was about to hug him and then stopped. Probably because she just didn’t know how to show either one of her children affection. So instead she stopped herself and turned around, hoping that he would hold his end of the bargain.

She watched him leave the kitchen, as she tried to get in control of her emotions. She also was trying to think of a solution to help him with getting better grades, maybe there was some kind of girl that could tutor him. Then maybe he would focus more on his grades, at least that’s what she thought might work, she couldn’t begin to think what was in the mind of a teenage boy.

That was when she heard her son Asking if she had seen the news, this prompted her to walk into where the TV was. She saw all across the headlines about missing children, she opened her mouth wide as she had heard about the missing children. But now, the number had gotten up significantly and she was definitely worried about the children.

. “I had heard about the missing children, in the neighborhood just across from ours. But, I didn’t think it had gotten this bad. I definitely don’t want you and your sister walking by yourselves. Unfortunately, I can’t pick you up from school and Lucas….” She looked down for a minute, she felt ashamed of herself that she couldn’t be everywhere at the same time. “ I really need your help, if you could pick your sister up from school and come straight home I would really appreciate it.” In the past she would have no hesitation just demanding him picking up his sister, but she was really going to try to treat him with more respect.

MOOD: Curious

OUTFIT: This

basics
MENTIONS:
Mikey

INT:
Mikey
tags
TL;DR She takes the customer's order, choosing to give him the most recent thing she baked which happens to be a new strawberry cupcake recipe of hers. She thinks Mikey looks familiar, but can't quite place it.
tl;dr
love autumn
Is it normal to be thinking about wine at this time on a monday?
As Love met eyes with the handsome man standing before her, she couldn’t help but notice the way his gaze lingered as he looked at her. Unaware of the nature of his thoughts, she habitually rubbed her cheek in assumption that she'd gotten flour on her face before averting her gaze as she waited for him to speak. If she was right, it wouldn’t be the first time she embarrassed herself like that in front of a customer, but she usually tried not to dwell on it until she was behind closed doors where she could cringe about it in solitude, if not in the company of her friends the next time she saw them.

When she heard that the owner of the café opposite the bakery had sent the customer her way, a surge of gratitude caused her face to light up in joy, her appreciation visible. This meant that the brownies she dropped off to neighbouring store owners on the day of Cupid's opening had been tasty enough to leave a good impression. The gift wouldn't have been enough to win over most of the store owners back in Ashland where Love moved from three years ago, but Townsville had a great sense of community... for the most part.

Hearing the customer ask for a cupcake of any flavour, Love nodded enthusiastically. Aside from the situation with Coots, the timing couldn't have been better. The very last thing she had pulled out of the oven in preparation for the day was a batch of strawberry cupcakes, courtesy of a brand new recipe she’d been working on. The man across the counter would be the first person to give said recipe a taste, which made Love's heart twinge with both nervousness and excitement. They were baked with love and delicacy, but the success of new recipes were never guaranteed.

"Cupcake. Good choice" she remarked with a little smile as she headed over to the display to pick out the best looking strawberry cupcake among the batch, their intricate swirls of pink frosting a sight to behold. “Can I get you anything else, sir?" she asked, walking back to the counter. "If not, that’ll be $3.99” she added and extended the cupcake out towards the man, her blue eyes glancing up at him as she waited for him to answer.

Love's gaze lingered on him then, almost reminiscent of the way he’d been looking at her not so long ago, her curiosity unwavering. She still couldn't shake the feeling that they might have crossed paths somewhere before, yet the memory was elusive. Rather than voicing her query aloud, Love chose to keep the thought to herself for the time being, not wanting to weird the customer out before he’d even been served properly.
code by valen t.

cooltext436187239089324.gif

✞ℍøυᎶℍ✞Ƨ: "Why can't I be like normal teens?"

ᏔℍƎЯƎ: Home

Ꮤî✞ℍ: Cathy ( PixieDust PixieDust )

ℳƎИ✞îøИƧ: Mike ( Sistros Sistros )

Amy was just quietly eating her food when she heard her mom come in, on the phone like usual. Normal teenagers might roll their eyes or act with more disgust, But Amy did not. Instead she chose to ignore her mother on the phone, as she continued to watch the news. It was quite disturbing this morning, she knew that the kidnappings had been going on for a while and she wondered if this meant her dad was going to be increasingly busy. It’s not that he didn’t really have the best relationship with her mom or her dad, even though she would never admit it she liked her dad a little bit more.

Amy Began to finish her cereal when she heard her mom talking to her, she turned her head towards the woman slightly. “I’m watching the news, I guess more kidnappings have happened in the neighborhood.” She did not mention anything else at that point, she kept quiet as she finished her food and that’s when she finally spoke again. “I already had some cereal, I don’t think we need any more food for this morning.” She then mentioned to her mom that she was worried about gaining too much weight, it wasn’t like her to worry about things like that.

“I guess you and dad are going to be working late again? Not that it really bothers me, I’m used to it at this point.” She didn’t mention the fact that she was getting so used to it, that she really liked not having her parents around sometimes. That made her feel a little guilty, as she down at the ground for a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back