Tech I need help

Galactatech

One Thousand Club
I got starfield through xbox gsme pass, but it says my graphics card does not meet the requirements for the game. Which graphics card do i need to fix it?

On a side note, my computer is not outputting any sound, do i need a new sound card?

Starfield's minimum settings require a GeForce GTX 1070 Ti or better, or an AMD Radeon RX 5700 or better.

Here are all the requirements for Starfield

Minimum
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, Intel Core i7-6800K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 5700, NVIDIA GeForce 1070 Ti
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Storage: 125 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required(Solid-state Drive)
Recommended
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, Intel i5-10600K
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 125 GB available space
  • Additional Notes: SSD Required(Solid-state Drive)
Has your computer previously output sound? If so, it sounds like your sound card is broken. I suggest double-checking you have the correct playback device on, maybe the fix is as simple as that. These days separate sound cards aren't really necessary, most average motherboards have them already, so if you're already planning on upgrading and have the dough, you could give a new processor a look as well.

Hope this helps, and I hope you get to play Starfield! I couldn't because my processor's too old. Oh well, at least BG3 works relatively well!

Thanks, and my sound card previously worked fine without speakers as I used my monitor as the audio output.

No problem! Maybe something's happened with the monitor? If you've got any cheapo headphones you can plug in, that's the easiest way to figure out if it's the monitor or the sound card that isn't working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back