Other I need advice on approaching people

Trevor B Harper

๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’ฎ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐“‡๐‘œ๐’น๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‡'๐“ˆ ๐’Ÿ๐“Š๐“‚๐“…๐“๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”
Right, hello there roleplayers (or not, who am I to judge).
I need advice. I'm a few hours away from going out tonight and I just wanted to know if there's anyone around here who would be able to help me in regards to approaching new people. I moved to a new town not too long ago and I want to make new friends, meet new people and in general have a good time. I have a rough concept of how that works, however, I've never done it before as I have never needed to. Is there any advice in this area? Maybe confidence tips? Conversation starters? Anything that would be useful to not appear as a wimp?
I appreciate any and all tips.
Thank youยฌ

Just be yourself. Introduce yourself to new people and engage in some friendly conversation that will lead to some similar likes. Most of all be honest. I'm not saying you are not by any means, but as they say honesty is the best policy. If you don't know about something don't pretend you do. Just relax and have fun.

I've found that the easiest way to approach people is to have some sort of common ground. It gives you something to talk about, at least. If your new town is large enough, you could try meetups.com where there's a better chance to meet people with similar interests. Accordingly, check out your local community centre, and see if they're offering any classes/workshops/events you might be interested in attending.

Also, if you're talking to a local, don't hide the fact that you're new in town. In my experience, people love that. Ask them about restaurants, coffee shops, etc. that they recommend, and other places they feel you should visit. Makes people think you value their opinion a lot, and if you pull it off right, some might even offer to come with you to those places!

I need advice. I'm a few hours away from going out tonight and I just wanted to know if there's anyone around here who would be able to help me in regards to approaching new people. I moved to a new town not too long ago and I want to make new friends, meet new people and in general have a good time. I have a rough concept of how that works, however, I've never done it before as I have never needed to. Is there any advice in this area? Maybe confidence tips? Conversation starters? Anything that would be useful to not appear as a wimp?
Thank youยฌ
Wear a costume.
I would pick Master Chief.
I mean, who wouldn't want to say hey to someone dressed like this:
Unknown-1.jpeg
Just read up on halo quotes to drop into conversations and you'll be a natural.

Wear a costume.
I would pick Master Chief.
I mean, who wouldn't want to say hey to someone dressed like this:
View attachment 334943
Just read up on halo quotes to drop into conversations and you'll be a natural.

It's true. Once, on the train, I sat next to a guy dressed as a mutant ninja turtle. NGL, was tempted to make him a friendship bracelet.

It's true. Once, on the train, I sat next to a guy dressed as a mutant ninja turtle. NGL, was tempted to make him a friendship bracelet.
See.
Living proof it works.
Just go everywhere in a Master Chief suit.
Job interview, put a tie on your armor.

I met a bunch of people actually. Took time, but I managed to approach someone when out smoking from a bar. Went pretty well. Planning to do it again. Thanks guys. <3

Glad you had a great time. The first step to meeting people and approaching someone is literally that first step lol. Keep at it!

Thank youยฌ
Well, I would look at what the person is wearing (usually people with tees have interesting things on them that could spark a cool convo). What are you going out to do? You can always talk about your experience in regards to that event. Hopefully that conversation could transition into something relatable~

Well, that's what I got~

Did you wear your Master Chief armor and drop in halo quotes?
"Let's talk politics!" I need a weapon.
Unfortunately for us both, I like crazy.
*pump machine gun sound effect* Oh I know what the ladies like
"Can we just talk politics for a second?" *press finger against ear* Thought I'd try shooting my way out. Mix things up a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back