• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered I just got here ;-;

Hysteric

✨In Distress✨
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello!!!

So, I just found this place and I have no experience with forums whatsoever, and all this information is too much and too overwhelming. I have read most tutorials and explanations but ;-; ;-; I still don't understand many things.

I don't understand how this site operates??? like, if I, for example, wanted to start roleplay with someone, it would not be in PMs, but we would need to create a post on the forum??? or did I get it wrong???? I don't understand T-T

Someone pls explain:ghostxx:

well first off, welcome to the forums !! <3

so, if you’re looking for a 1x1 roleplay just between you and one other person, you’d look in the 1x1 interest check board! there, people will usually specify whether they want the roleplay to take place in dms, on a public thread, or somewhere else! you can also make your own post there are well ^^

if they want it to take place on a thread, then you or your partner can create a thread on this board where you can then post like normal!

if you have any questions, don’t be afraid to message me! i don’t bite :D

Ohh so some of the roleplays can be between only two people but displayed for others to see??

(I don’t mind biting 😌)

Ohh so some of the roleplays can be between only two people but displayed for others to see??

(I don’t mind biting 😌)
LMAOOO but yep! it’s all up to preference! there’s also group role plays, which involve multiple people ^^

LMAOOO but yep! it’s all up to preference! there’s also group role plays, which involve multiple people ^^
Oh okay. I will probably need to fuck around and find out about the details before I get used to it but clarification was appreciated.

Thank you very much!!

Threads are best if you can swing it. Lotta people prefer PMs but it's way easier to share and talk about stories in a thread.
Question. What’s the difference between thread and pm when roleplaying?

hey hey !! sorry to intercept, just saw this & i'm craving some interaction so i just decided to help out hahah

threads are public and can be accessed by anyone, here are examples of some ongoing public roleplays

pms are completely private and can only be accessed by you and the other party (and administration as well i believe but they likely won't access it unless there's been a violation of community guidelines). they can be accessed by the little envelope icon at the top of your screen :)

other than privacy, there's really no outstanding difference between the two and whatever method you decide on is completely up to you!

hope that helped !! (& also anyone can feel free to correct me if i'm missing anything bahah)

looks like you've got some answers already, so i just wanted to say welcome!

Thank you all so much!!! Y’all are darlings :o) <3 <3 and thank you for warm welcome :3

PMs stand for Private Messages.
Forums are public posts that everyone can read.
WP stands for Workshop Posts.
I guess no one but Mods can see those.
DM stands for Direct Messages and is normally for third party software like Discord or VR chat, or Facebook Messenger, or ICQ, or Yahoo instant messenger or whatever.
Group Messages mean you are playing a role play with more then one person.
1 on 1 means you are playing with one other person.
I dont know what Dice Messages or Nation Building Quotes is yet as I do not play there.
You mean my signature. I use it to let guests know I am a member of RPNation and you must be one too to play my group forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back