• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion I doubt this is plausible, but RPN Mafia?

Hall Kervean

Two Thousand Club
What if we did, for one month, a site-wide game of Mafia kind of?

The Mafia game I'm referring to is the one where you write down the names of 3-potentially hundreds of people on a bunch of cards and then hand them out semi-randomly. The person whose name is on the card is your target. We would have to figure out how to do the murders, but when you kill someone, you get their card with their target on it. When you get a card with your own name on it, you win.
We did this all week in Boy Scout camp, and it was great.
So I think it would be cool if we had 20-30 users who played it for a month; maybe December-January.
Only things to figure out are how to distribute the cards, how to hide the names of all involved (so the game doesn't stall out at 2 people), how to kill each other, how to deal with users that go inactive in the middle of the month, excused or unexcused, etc.
It could be contained in a thread, or it could be done throughout the site by status updates or something; but it would have to have a strict set of rules as to how to kill if it's done throughout the site.

But Sano thinks it could be fun! :D
Maybe we could do it to celebrate our 50,000th user having arrived sometime in the last week!

Long time no see my dude. I'd be in for it, definetely. Depending on how many people we would have doing it would depend on the amount of mafia people or roles we would have. The mafia is the most obvious, assuming we're still basing things off a 52 card deck, for every 100 people we have there would be about 8 mafia.

Theres also some other roles, and these would be one every 100 people, but here they are food for thought:

Beneficial:
Nurse- can protect one person every night, if the mafia picks them they are fine
Jailor- can isolate an individual for a night
Sheriff- can determine wether or not one person is part of the mafia or not every night
Veteran- if killed by the mafia, can kill a random person who was also "out" that night

Neutral:
Crazy old man- if hung by the village during the day, can kill a random person
Gunsmith- can give one person a gun with a singular bullet every night they can use to shoot people
Party animal- can keep one person per night from doing what they usually do

Mafia:
Forger- can protect one of the mafia members from the sheriff's ability per night
Crime father- can kill the party animal, the gunsmith, the nurse, or the sheriff if approached that night

(Again just some optional rules if you really want to get into it)

Long time no see my dude. I'd be in for it, definetely. Depending on how many people we would have doing it would depend on the amount of mafia people or roles we would have. The mafia is the most obvious, assuming we're still basing things off a 52 card deck, for every 100 people we have there would be about 8 mafia.

Theres also some other roles, and these would be one every 100 people, but here they are food for thought:

Beneficial:
Nurse- can protect one person every night, if the mafia picks them they are fine
Jailor- can isolate an individual for a night
Sheriff- can determine wether or not one person is part of the mafia or not every night
Veteran- if killed by the mafia, can kill a random person who was also "out" that night

Neutral:
Crazy old man- if hung by the village during the day, can kill a random person
Gunsmith- can give one person a gun with a singular bullet every night they can use to shoot people
Party animal- can keep one person per night from doing what they usually do

Mafia:
Forger- can protect one of the mafia members from the sheriff's ability per night
Crime father- can kill the party animal, the gunsmith, the nurse, or the sheriff if approached that night

(Again just some optional rules if you really want to get into it)
Reminds me of Town of Salem

Different version of Mafia from that, I'm afraid.
That could be done quickly; this would require actually finding your target...
and
we don't have a member search bar.

Or we could just have a game moderator. Someone who exists as an impartial arbiter for all the different people who play the game.

Or we could just have a game moderator. Someone who exists as an impartial arbiter for all the different people who play the game.
I was thinking we could have the staff run part of it.

For the kill I was thinking what we could do is have a 5-part catchphrase. (this does have big drawbacks)
Basically, the victim and the killer are talking, and the killer says "you have beautiful eyes"
"um what"
"Oh sorry my bad XD"
"Uh it's fine?"
"I kind of enjoy dancing, do you?"
"Uuuuh I guess??"
"Could I have this dance?"
"Ssssure?"
"Thanks, you won't regret it."
"I already do."

Now the victim is dead.
BUT
The murderer has to say the same 5 phrases in the same order.
So he has to go to his next victim, talk them up, and say "you have beautiful eyes" and the rest in order to kill them.

They can be as spaced out as they want to be with their phrases
Big drawback could be nobody talking.
but that could be nixed by a talking requirement; i.e. if you don't talk for _____ without an excuse or (longer time)______ with one, then you will suffer death, and your target will be given to your would-be killer.

What kind of mafia were you playing boy, lol
This one v
The Mafia game I'm referring to is the one where you write down the names of 3-potentially hundreds of people on a bunch of cards and then hand them out semi-randomly. The person whose name is on the card is your target. We would have to figure out how to do the murders, but when you kill someone, you get their card with their target on it. When you get a card with your own name on it, you win.

Hmm. Ok, i misread a bit of it. The way I did it with my troop was everyone got a card that determined if they were a member of the mafia or not. Then everybody closed their eyes, the mafia decided who they wanted to kill, then the other roles did their thing, etcetera, and then in the morning the people who died were dead, and the town chose who they wanted to hang.

Hmm. Ok, i misread a bit of it. The way I did it with my troop was everyone got a card that determined if they were a member of the mafia or not. Then everybody closed their eyes, the mafia decided who they wanted to kill, then the other roles did their thing, etcetera, and then in the morning the people who died were dead, and the town chose who they wanted to hang.
Yeah, that's the normal way of doing it.
This is more of a hitman kind of thing
But mafia sounds coolest.

We stole off of Clue one year.
We had to kill
our target with a
piece of string *tap them*
at (the dining hall)
That might work tbh...

Have an in RP scenario with a map, and you move yourself around the map trying not to go into the room with your name on it, and then help find the other people who are killing other people

Have an in RP scenario with a map, and you move yourself around the map trying not to go into the room with your name on it, and then help find the other people who are killing other people
See, I would do that, but I wanted to have it be around the entire website, so you would always have to watch your back!

It's 100% fine XD
Do you wanna try elaborating though?
Like, if someone made a post in the fantasy section, you could post about something specific after them, and that would count as a death. Or if someone was in the discussion section, you'd have to post after them there, and that would count as a death. You'd get specific orders to kill a specific person in a specific place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back