I don't even, I odd

I don't. I am only here bc I want to fit in, why do I need to post a resume? ?

You're not fittin' in too well, bud. Ya' gotta do shit. Honestly some people do post resume-like shit, but nah, man.

Okay but for real, I am an artist in hobby, I enjoy reading, drawing, and just looking through tumblr. I am new to roleplaying and was brought here by the meme queen herself, Valefar. My name is Ashley, but folks can call me Ghost here. I'm excited to roleplay.

Ghostbreath said:
Okay but for real, I am an artist in hobby, I enjoy reading, drawing, and just looking through tumblr. I am new to roleplaying and was brought here by the meme queen herself, Valefar. My name is Ashley, but folks can call me Ghost here. I'm excited to roleplay.
If you're new, let me just say...

one liners are very bad

do not do them

@Arn3m ok your Scotland remix deserves an A+

And they're right, Ghost. One-liners are pretty bad.. Nice intro, though. It's not like I helped you or anything (cough cough)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arn3m oh my god, i use to rp on some warrior cats site called feralfront, one liners, i remember, were the absolute worse. sometimes even two or three wasn't enough, but i don't want to force people rping with me to force out as much as they can get tbh?

That's why you stay out of a lot of casual roleplays. I try to stick with detailed roleplays, ones with multiple paragraphs, just because they provide so much more context.

@lanturnite

I don't really RP on here, because my anxiety goes off really bad here. I'm mostly on Kik when roleplaying, so...

@Valefar the problem is: if im rping with people who can't describe things well, then i probably cant either and im also bad at forcing as many possible sentences out ;;

Honestly, when you can't find any way to make your post longer, start describing different things, i.e. the clothing they're wearing, all of their feelings, the area surrounding them. That and I just add a bunch of words from a dictionary to make myself sound smart.

@lanturnite @Ghostbreath

I can never bring myself to roleplay on kik.. I mean, I use to, but I need to be really organized with my character sheet otherwise I'll mess up the character entirely.

@Arn3m

@Valefar but, doing that too much is when it starts to go stale. a prime example of this is My Immortal, the fanfiction you and ghost were reading last night. describing every bit of their outfit starts to make the writing dull, and makes it obvious that whoever taught you to write told you to keep describing things to give more 'realism' without describing how it's done properly.

I could never pull a "My Immortal" sort of Rp, I mean, that is just sort of bad writing. I am a lot better than that bro men dudes @lanturnite @Valefar

Well, of course, the way My Immortal was written was completely awful. I mean, you heard that shit. I'll try to get one of my posts up, and since we're literally sitting right next to each other, I'll just show it to you. My writing isn't the best, but I don't think it's stale. Actually, I just hope it's not stale because that'd be kinda depressing if it was. I'm not saying to describe every bit like how the writer for My Immortal did. Honestly, that's just a poor example. If you've read anything outside of fanfiction, you'll come to know that writing about the character's feelings and surroundings is how you get the readers to connect with the character you're writing about. Not writing about that sort of stuff is like throwing away the personality you created for said character and the area that they're in. Basically, I'm saying that it wouldn't be a story/post at all.

@lanturnite

your writing isn't stale tbh @Valefar

just compare it to what "My Immortal" is

@JustJazzy Pokemon Go doesn't really work where I live.. The servers really suck, and there's no pokestops over here either. They're all like thirty minutes away.

also your profile picture is perfect (tokyo ghoul is pretty rad)

@Valefar you should contact the makers for help to get at least one pokestop in your town pls i have no more pokeballs i need more and i cant get more until i go to another pokestop in a few days ;-;

yeah!! no, i completely agree with you. i'm not trying to say "don't describe anything, just move on with the plot"

the defense of using My Immortal is a bad example isn't optimal in this case, i believe. because, we're on a roleplaying site. thousads of young teens, like you, me, and the author of the hit fanfiction of My Immortal are all around the same age, and same writing knowledge (not saying you write like the author of My Immortal, you're way better!!) writing about the characters feelings and surrondings aren't bad either, im talking more in the way of "describe every part of their outfit." like, let me tell you two versions of the same roleplay dialouge, one with a lot of extra detail, and one without.

Without: ""Today's the day!" Xing cheerfully shouted. Finally, today would be the day she would finally transfer to Yokono Academy. Xing had been waiting her entire life for this, shaking as she put on her new, blue school outfit. A quick sigh came out as she looked aroung her old room, the nostalgia of the space that she had slept in since her childhood emulating inside of her."

With: ""Today's the day!" Xing, a young girl from Tokyo, Japan with black, long hair and shiny green eyes cheerfully shouted. Finally, today would be the day she would finally transfer to Yokono Academy, the biggest university in all of Japan, filled with the highest-ranking teachers, so it was destined to be the best course of study for her! Xing had been waiting her entire life for this, shaking as she put on long, knee-high white socks with red stripes, a blue shirt with cuffed sleeves at her elbows with a red bow, and a black, delicate skirt that was a petite height. As she forced on her black, shiny flats, she looked around her pink-painted room, all of her small stuffed animals, getting nostalgia from the space that she once slept in, and had so many good memories in, letting her childhood emulate inside her."

Not only is some of the information unneeded (most likely, the person roleplaying Xing had described her previously in her introduction thread (although, the information at the start of the rp is still useful in some cases imo) but, if the university was Yokono Academy, it was already described how amazing Yokono was, so putting in so much information about it isn't needed. The sentences run too long, especially when describing her outfit, which doesn't need to be such a worry as some authors do.

I won't deny that there are honestly some things better with the "With" written version, but the same version also makes you get bored, and just want to yell "Move on with the plot already!!!"

@Valefar

It's the same for where I am currently vacationing Dx

I mostly just walk as far as I can and hope for the best

I love that u recognized it - it's literally my favorite anime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back