Other I can't be the only one...

staticlemon

Forgotten Role Player
Who else remembers the OG RP themes? From the day's of Neopets...

Gifted High School (the cross between sky high and Xmen)
The Hybrid characters ( animorph's mixed with Neko's)
The rise of Fandom RP's
Lots of the odd pairings

List more of your favorite RP themes!

=D

God I havent been on Neopets in forever; Lol though Fandoms are still my thing;
the old classic Anime stuff;
Yugioh, Ouran, Hetalia....
Or just the fun of the old Vampire/gifted stuff....

So I was never on Neopets but I did get started on Chickensmoothie which feels like it would have a pretty strong demographic overlap.

Got started doing every version of "Gifted School" outside of the realistic version. I was never into doing an actual real school as it seemed boring.

I think for fandoms the things I miss are random fandom crossovers and magical girl roleplays. Like I did a roleplay once that crossed My Little Pony and Bleach. That was a blast. And I did about every version of Magical Girls I can think of.

I think Hybrids where just like nekos only different animals? Like girl with wolf ears/tail, girl with bird wings, girls with cat ears/tail. I don't remember any animorphs storylines. So that might have been a Neopets specific thing?

edit - What was super popular and something I totally miss. Animal roleplays. Where you roleplayed as a cat (warriors style), or a dog, or a horse, or a dragon, or whatever. They were actual animals too not furries. Those have definitely gone out of fashion but I always thought they were fun.

I got my start on Neopets! I learned to code and ya photoshop from making guilds and petpages. Literally things that I use today that some people had to pay for classes to learn. I owe Neopets for that! I remember playing a blue water fairy in high school for my very first roleplay who fell in love with a half demon. I never knew that 11 years later that I would still be writing in character and building worlds.

So I was never on Neopets but I did get started on Chickensmoothie which feels like it would have a pretty strong demographic overlap.

Got started doing every version of "Gifted School" outside of the realistic version. I was never into doing an actual real school as it seemed boring.

I think for fandoms the things I miss are random fandom crossovers and magical girl roleplays. Like I did a roleplay once that crossed My Little Pony and Bleach. That was a blast. And I did about every version of Magical Girls I can think of.

I think Hybrids where just like nekos only different animals? Like girl with wolf ears/tail, girl with bird wings, girls with cat ears/tail. I don't remember any animorphs storylines. So that might have been a Neopets specific thing?

edit - What was super popular and something I totally miss. Animal roleplays. Where you roleplayed as a cat (warriors style), or a dog, or a horse, or a dragon, or whatever. They were actual animals too not furries. Those have definitely gone out of fashion but I always thought they were fun.

Sounds like the overlap was strong for sure.

I did the same! Gifted school was very popular at one point.

I had forgotten about the random cross overs. I didnt do them but I did love to read them.

Correct the hybrid plot lines just opened the animal window a bit wider and also added the possibility into mythical creatures as well. No animorphs were books at one point. Lots of those RP's rather than have the cat ears all the time you would just go full transfiguration and change into a cat.

I read through those a few times, I never read the cat warrior books so I never felt confidant enough to join them. Dragons would have been so cool.

I got my start on Neopets! I learned to code and ya photoshop from making guilds and petpages. Literally things that I use today that some people had to pay for classes to learn. I owe Neopets for that! I remember playing a blue water fairy in high school for my very first roleplay who fell in love with a half demon. I never knew that 11 years later that I would still be writing in character and building worlds.

Isn't is so strange that something so "trivial" at the moment makes such a huge impact later in life? I love that!

Yeah, I remember the "good" ol' days when I still had my neopets account. I forget if they had like a character limit and if you wrote a lot
you'd often have to put the rest in your next post. Those were some fun times. I think my main things were Fandoms (Pokemon, etc.),
gifted rps, and anything else fantasy related. I remember joining a guild just to roleplay them. Although I think I stopped after my bro
got me account banned. But I did learn a lot of things from roleplaying there. Then I moved to Gaia Online which also started out
having a lot of similar rps to Neopet, funny enough.

Same! I used to create HTML using front page and post it onto pet pages and my profile page omg hahah I was in year eight (2003) when I started to role play on it and I’ve been writing ever since! Crazy haha

Ahhhh the good ole days!! I started RPing on chickensmoothie but it was similar!
I think my favourites that I don't see a ton of any more were:
- Wolf pack RP's. Massive group ones with multiple packs, drama, fights to be alpha, bizarre pack hierarchies and more.
- Fandom (specifically pokemon but I had an amazing BBC Merlin and Hannibal RP as well)
- Warrior Cats (usually feat. elaborate prophecies)
- Weird weird stuff that was innocuous then but would NOT be now... like an RP set on a ranch where the horses turned into men at certain times LOL. Each horse was assigned a specific rider, to make it even weirder. That was an 'elite' one too that people applied to get into and many didn't make the cut.

Ahhhh the good ole days!! I started RPing on chickensmoothie but it was similar!
I think my favourites that I don't see a ton of any more were:
- Wolf pack RP's. Massive group ones with multiple packs, drama, fights to be alpha, bizarre pack hierarchies and more.
- Fandom (specifically pokemon but I had an amazing BBC Merlin and Hannibal RP as well)
- Warrior Cats (usually feat. elaborate prophecies)
- Weird weird stuff that was innocuous then but would NOT be now... like an RP set on a ranch where the horses turned into men at certain times LOL. Each horse was assigned a specific rider, to make it even weirder. That was an 'elite' one too that people applied to get into and many didn't make the cut.

I wish I had known about chickensmoothie. It sounds like I would have loved it just as much if not more.

I loved Merlin!

All of those RP's sound like a crazy time! In the best way though which is important.

Yeah, I remember the "good" ol' days when I still had my neopets account. I forget if they had like a character limit and if you wrote a lot
you'd often have to put the rest in your next post. Those were some fun times. I think my main things were Fandoms (Pokemon, etc.),
gifted rps, and anything else fantasy related. I remember joining a guild just to roleplay them. Although I think I stopped after my bro
got me account banned. But I did learn a lot of things from roleplaying there. Then I moved to Gaia Online which also started out
having a lot of similar rps to Neopet, funny enough.

I hated that so much you would get through a whole intro and it would end up being four or five posts long. I loved the gifted rps. I remember a couple of them really well.

God I havent been on Neopets in forever; Lol though Fandoms are still my thing;
the old classic Anime stuff;
Yugioh, Ouran, Hetalia....
Or just the fun of the old Vampire/gifted stuff....

Oh my gosh, Ouran and Hetalia. I wish I would have thought to rp those!
I loved the old Vampire rp's for sure!

Ha ha
How about those old Naruto rps?
They weren't good, and half of the characters were godmode sasuke replicas who always "entered" by sitting on a tree branch. They never specified which tree, or where the trees came from, they were just all on the same tree branch at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back