• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Commission I can draw ya'lls character

This is a fun concept. Personally I have a difficult time giving advice but I can share something I noticed over the years. One thing that's kind of fun about the modern world with all of its internets, social media presences, and whatnot is a lot of times your favorite author might have an online presence outside of their professional writing. I've found that author websites and blogs are often a good place to turn to as they'll share their own writing advice or talk about things that helped them out. Many authors love to share their tricks of the trade so if there's a modern writer whose style you're in love with, it might be worth checking into what kind of stuff they talk about online.

If that's substantial enough and you're interested in my OCs then holler at me and I'll throw some details at you. Hopefully they'll be detailed enough because I've never done this "ask someone to draw me a thing based on words" thing quite like this before.

This is a fun concept. Personally I have a difficult time giving advice but I can share something I noticed over the years. One thing that's kind of fun about the modern world with all of its internets, social media presences, and whatnot is a lot of times your favorite author might have an online presence outside of their professional writing. I've found that author websites and blogs are often a good place to turn to as they'll share their own writing advice or talk about things that helped them out. Many authors love to share their tricks of the trade so if there's a modern writer whose style you're in love with, it might be worth checking into what kind of stuff they talk about online.

If that's substantial enough and you're interested in my OCs then holler at me and I'll throw some details at you. Hopefully they'll be detailed enough because I've never done this "ask someone to draw me a thing based on words" thing quite like this before.

Yes, I'm more than grateful. Thank you!

Can you send me a pm? It's easier to go through my inbox, if it's alright with you.

And no worries- I won't judge you for lack of description

I don't mind! Thank you!

Ruben is just an average boy that's roughly 5'4" ft and his below the ear hair cut really doesn't do him justice. It's usually tied back in a mini "man bun", it's often described as either black or dark brown when it comes to color. His dark complexion complements his hazel-ish eyes, which are usually tired looking. The dark circles under his eyes indicate such. His general mood when it comes to his appearance is quite neutral. He always has a small smile on, but he'd probably have to be on five shots on caffeine to seriously grin. His clothing style matches that mellow attitude he has going on. While he doesn't have a unibrow, his eyebrows are unkept and thick. Thankfully, he has been blessed to have relatively clear skin. Or at least it's hard to see the acne he does have. Since he's fairly shy, he doesn't really do anything with himself to draw a lot of attention towards him. No piercings, tattoos, or anything of the sort. The closest thing he has to a 'special feature' is his chipped front tooth. He got from when he was running down a staircase and he landed face first when he tripped. He also likes to wear scarfs, if the weather is appropriate then he'll wear one everyday. He's most known for this green scarf with one white stripe down the middle of it.

[ I hope my description was enough! I don't really have a reference for him, sorry.

Sure thing! She's very pretty, I loveher braid.

The advice? Maybe how to add detail to writing, not just to have a paragraph of action. But if thats not your strong suit, anything is fine!

Thank you. Now, to speak of detail, when I'm trying to add detail to the environment around my characters and not just pack it chock full of action a find it easier to imagine the scene in my head before even beginning to write or find a picture that I think looks similar and describe that. Sometimes I'll even act the scene out myself to make sure everything would be placed right. I'm weird, I know. It's easy to describe the color of things so I sometimes have whole sentences just dwelling on the color of that trash can over there. :) Shape and size are something that I find harder to describe. Most of the time I'll settle for something like, "The trashcan looked almost as big as any dumpster though not nearly as wide." Comparing it to other things that people might know the size of is best.

Anyway, I don't know, I'm not a very advicey person. I hope that was okay. 

*advicey- word I just made up, lol.

Thank you. Now, to speak of detail, when I'm trying to add detail to the environment around my characters and not just pack it chock full of action a find it easier to imagine the scene in my head before even beginning to write or find a picture that I think looks similar and describe that. Sometimes I'll even act the scene out myself to make sure everything would be placed right. I'm weird, I know. It's easy to describe the color of things so I sometimes have whole sentences just dwelling on the color of that trash can over there. :) Shape and size are something that I find harder to describe. Most of the time I'll settle for something like, "The trashcan looked almost as big as any dumpster though not nearly as wide." Comparing it to other things that people might know the size of is best.

Anyway, I don't know, I'm not a very advicey person. I hope that was okay. 

*advicey- word I just made up, lol.

Actually, this is very helpful. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

I'm going to stop further requests and postpone already requested ones; i accidentally set my bookbag on my tablet and now it's not working properly.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to fix it over the weekend.

Once again, apologies.

18 minutes ago, Anoe said:

UPDATE:

I'm going to stop further requests and postpone already requested ones; i accidentally set my bookbag on my tablet and now it's not working properly.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll try to fix it over the weekend.

Once again, apologies.

OH MAN I FEEL I KILLED MY IPAD ONCE PUTTING MY BAG ON IT.

Dude I hope ur tablet gets fixed!

Are you still working on those? Sorry for bothering you, but I have asked multiple people to draw my character but they never did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back