I abort to elsewhere

Samiel

One Thousand Club
OK, I don't think anyone will contest the assertion that one can make a perfect dodge charm that can dodge even undodgable or area-of-effect attacks. There's a precedent in the parry tree, where the bloody charm parrys non-parryable attacks.

So, if you can literall spend 6m,1w, to dodge ANYTHING, what happens when you dodge falling?

It's kind of an attack from Gaia, so I think you'd dodge to elsewhere.

"Hey look, Autocthon! And loads of floating daiklaives... and.. beer?!"

Samiel said:
So, if you can literall spend 6m,1w, to dodge ANYTHING, what happens when you dodge falling?
You start flying... duh. I haven't even read Hitchhiker's and I know that.

-S

I think there was an errata or some such about that. as far as I remember you cannot parry the ground, as it is not an attack. you can only parry attacks or some such nonsense. I say nonsense, because I do not agree with that reasoning. I mean, is an avalanch an attack? I would say no, it is a source of damage though. I think you can parry the ground, you would slam your mighty sword into the earth and use that to break momentum, or use a trick from Ernest and just stop an inch from the ground, "air brakes". just my wandering thoughts on the matter, do not take them seriously, as I never really know what is going on.

Gtroc said:
I think there was an errata or some such about that. as far as I remember you cannot parry the ground, as it is not an attack. you can only parry attacks or some such nonsense. I say nonsense, because I do not agree with that reasoning. I mean, is an avalanch an attack? I would say no, it is a source of damage though. I think you can parry the ground, you would slam your mighty sword into the earth and use that to break momentum, or use a trick from Ernest and just stop an inch from the ground, "air brakes". just my wandering thoughts on the matter, do not take them seriously, as I never really know what is going on.
The individual rocks of an avalanche can constitute attacks at you.  Taken as a whole, a rockslide or something seems parryable as a stunt.  You'd be left in a very small cave and be surrounded by rocks, but you'd be alive.

I would not let someone parry the ground when falling.  I WOULD let someone slam their sword into a cliffside they were falling past, to create drag and slow themselves down.  It'd carve a nice gash through the rock.

I would not let someone dodge a fall.  If they say something like "this Charm lets me dodge absolutely fucking anything", I would answer "anything except Storyteller rulings".

memesis said:
Gtroc said:
The individual rocks of an avalanche can constitute attacks at you.  Taken as a whole, a rockslide or something seems parryable as a stunt.  You'd be left in a very small cave and be surrounded by rocks, but you'd be alive.

I would not let someone parry the ground when falling.  I WOULD let someone slam their sword into a cliffside they were falling past, to create drag and slow themselves down.  It'd carve a nice gash through the rock.

I would not let someone dodge a fall.  If they say something like "this Charm lets me dodge absolutely fucking anything", I would answer "anything except Storyteller rulings".
I fully agree with you there. For a solar parry or dodge charm to work the damaging effect must still be some kind of attack I'd say. For landslides and co. you got adamant skin technique which is actually the only real advantage of the charm.

memesis said:
Yeah, that's probably a Sidereal MA.

Safim said:
I fully agree with you there. For a solar parry or dodge charm to work the damaging effect must still be some kind of attack I'd say. For landslides and co. you got adamant skin technique which is actually the only real advantage of the charm.
Im with you here. There should be something left for the storyteller to throw at the players. Not nessecarily to kill or maim, but to let the villain get away or something. It's also cool to throw large objects at a hero and see him live through it. Take the scene in Hellboy where he fights Samael at the subway station. Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back