• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Hunting Gods Main Thread

Aaron sat quietly, all alone in the waiting room. Across the cyan blue carpeted floors, completely stainless, was a white wall with a large holo display, showing a blonde headed woman standing outside Earths massive embassy outside the Sundarians planet. After years of co-dependence on one another, their own planet had come to resemble that of Earths own environment. Large shady trees stood twisted around long metal poles in front of the main barrier. Sunlight there was as warm and inviting as Earths, but with a subtly more orange hue. The woman smiled as she discussed in detail the continued peace and brotherhood maintained by both species. To her right, the gates opened and the Sundarian Councilor walked out, wrapped in brightly colored robes, hand and hand with Earths Ambassador, Lady Saria Norali.

As the reporters rushed forward to get comments from the political figures, the operation doors slide open, and General John Braxton entered the room. Aaron rose immediately to a standing position, his hand rising into a salute as ridged as his body. The general was about 6 feet tall, complete with broad chest and shoulders. His biceps strained within the sleeves of his highly decorated dress uniform.

"At ease, solider" Braxton said quickly, and took off his hat as he came face to face with Aaron.
Aaron's hand fell from his face, and found its way behind his back, clasped in the other. Braxton gave him a smile, but there was a very subtle reluctance in his face. Military officers were trained to be unreadable, ruthlessly efficient, as well as willing to sacrifice anything for the completion of their mission. Each soldier would be ready to sacrifice themselves, as well as any others when the situation called for it: Just like they would do for them. The mission always came first.

"Are you sure you want to go through with this?" Braxton asked. "There is a chance your body will reject the implant. This is still very new technology." Behind Braxton, a doctor adjusted his glasses as he flipped through a clipboard of files, most likely Aaron's Military medical records.

"Yes sir. If the council thinks its necessary to complete the mission, then I am more than ready."
He nodded as he spoke, letting sincerity embalm his words. This was not the first time Aaron had put himself in danger for a mission. Like any good soldier, he no longer thought of himself as an individual.

Braxton smiled, and reached out, grabbing Aaron by the shoulder. "You're a good man, Mercer, and a good soldier. Come on." He turned around, bringing Aaron with him, arm around his shoulder as he led him down the hallway. The doctor followed behind them through the sliding door.

While they walked through the facility, Braxton explained the next mission objectives.

"After the surgery, there will be a week of isolated observation as the egg heads see how the implant reacts with your body." The doctor sped up his pace, trying to keep up with the much fitter soldiers, and showed Aaron a medical diagram of the implant.

"The OCMGP will be implemented after we prime your body with an agent that will make your cells more receptive to molecular reconstruction. Unfortunately, we wont be able to administer any anesthetic, as any mind numbing drug could hinder or completely halt the integration of the OCMGP. You are going to have to be conscious for the duration of the procedure."

Braxton looked at the doctor with irritation. "Are you joking? That's completely inhumane!" He stopped in the hallway and snatched away the clipboard with a hasty "Give me that" and flipped through the sheets, presumably trying to find something that would discredit what the doctor had said.

"Its fine" Aaron said flatly, drawing looks of surprise from both the general and doctor. "Lets do this." He said and stepped through the door into the operating room. It was large, and filled with technology and people in white coats moving around from interface to interface, running diagnostics and prepping the equipment. In the center of the room was a large container filled with a bright yellow liquid. Aaron made his way to the container and began to strip, followed quickly by the General.

"Aaron..." He grabbed Aaron's arm and turned him around to face him, his eyes filled with the same apprehension they held when his hand was ordered over the red button. Aaron met them with his own eyes, colored with determination and fearlessness. One look at his face steeled the generals, and he released his arm. "Good luck in there, soldier. Make us proud."

Aaron saluted the general, but he took his hand and shook it instead.

"Yes sir."

As Aaron laid down on the metal table above the liquid, Braxton stepped back and two doctors moved forward, attaching several patches to monitor his vitals, as well as a mask that covered his mouth and provided him with air. After strapping him down, the table shuddered for a moment, then descended until it reached the bottom of the container. Aaron relaxed his heart rate and focused in his breathing, and the doctor from earlier gave the rest of the white coats a thumbs up. fingers flew over command centers and the tech whirred to life.

12 needled moved forward, and entered Aaron's body, from his low calf up to his neck and temple. Aaron's eye widened in discomfort as they injected his body full of a green substance, that entered his blood and quickly circulated through his body. Aaron felt his chest grow tight and his heart rate slow, and his mind begin to fog.

"Stage one, complete." A doctor at a monitor called out.

Braxton had made his way beside the main doctor, who pressed several buttons, removing the needles. A Seperat mechanical appendage moved in and slid into Mercers left temple, and released its contents into his head.

For a moment nothing happened. Then Aaron's eyes stretched open in agony. He began to strain violently against his restraints, his heart rate and breathing become rapidly erratic.

"WHATS HAPPENING?!" Braxton roared, grasping the railing as he looked down at the churning liquid surrounding Aaron.

"His body is rejecting the transplant! The OCMGP is overriding his nervous system and shutting off his heart!" The doctor shot back, frantically working with the controls. Doctors rushed around, desperately trying to activate safety net procedures, when a flat-line tone signaled the end of Mercers thrashing. A disbelieving silence gripped the room: every man and woman motionless as Mercer's eyes shut, and his body went limp. The doctor next to Braxton lowered his head in disappointment.

Beep.

A single heart beat brought on a second wave of shock, before the room began to shudder. Equipment began to rattle, and drag towards Mercer, whose skin now began to ark with streaks of pale green voltage. His vitals jumped to life, and a blinding explosion of green energy erupted in every direction, repelling all equipment and personnel. The glass of the container shattered, and the liquid spilled quickly over the floor, rushing over the scattered equipment and convulsing doctors. All power ended promptly and monitors and lights alike went dark. Braxton, who had been sparred by the blast by taking cover behind a panel elevated above Mercer, looked through the dark at a sparking green light.
Aaron rested on his hands and knees, breathing heavily, and arcing like a tesla; his glowing green energy filling the dark room with soft light.

Last edited:
Connor lounged out over the waiting rooms bench, flipping mindlessly though the magazine that depicted models who had gotten physical alterations. He found large interest in several, very beautiful young women who smiled in front of a transport station. Connor looked around the empty room, and at the vacant receptionist desk, and quickly tore the page off and stuffed it into his jacket pocket.

A female doctor with long black hair walked briskly into the room, staring at the clip board she carried in her hands.
"Connor Beckford?" Connor dropped the magazine on the table and rose with a smile, not so subtly checking out the curvaceous medical professional before him, prompting a look of distaste from herself.

"Thats me. Im here for the reduction surgery." Connor reached out his hand to shake, and retracted it unabashed when she didn't reach out. "I just have too much to work with down there. Ladies love it, but it gets so burdensome, you know?"

Connor smiled a toothy smile at the lady as she adjusted her glasses and took a quick glance down, and smiled at him slyly.

"I am sorry Mr. Beckford, but I never studied micro organisms. Please follow me." She turned and made her way through the door, and an unfazed Connor followed behind her.

"So medicine huh? Thats pretty neat. I studied medicine myself." Connor bragged, the doctor not stopping as she responded.

"Oh? I wasn't aware they let the subjects out of the cages." They walked through a door, into the operating center, and he followed her down the stairs.

"Well I mean, I was special. Lot of creative Genius, you know? It was hard having to dim my intellect to maintain an atmosphere of equality."

"I'm sure." The woman said dryly, as several other doctors prepared Connor for the procedure. He seemed to be completely unaware of the two as they stripped him down and attached his vital monitors.

"So, what do you say after this, we get dinner, and I could show you my pad?" Connor ran his fingers through his messy black locks, leaning back with one hand on the container.

"I don't think so." The woman said with an irritated smirk. Quickly, the doctors fastened the air mask to Connors face, leaving him unable to maintain his flirtations with the lead medical attendant. She smiled as they laid him back on the metal table, and pointed to the mask preventing him from speaking.

"I think thats the most attractive you have looked since I met you." Connor raised his eyebrows flirtatiously and tried to flex his arms as the table descended into the liquid, ignoring her rebuttals. With exasperation, she signaled the start of the procedure, making her way to the top of the room where her control panel waited for her command, as well as General John Braxton.

"Maybe you would be interested in adding the removal of the vocal cords during his procedure?" She said half seriously.

Braxton didn't smile, or take his eyes away from Connor laying carelessly in the container.

"Sorry: He doesn't have medical insurance."

She quickly initiated the procedure, sending the needles into Connors form, drawing a pained looked from his eyes, immediately replaced by a "just kidding" look.

"I could give you a discount" She offered.

"Just pull the damn lever." Braxton shot back.

With a sigh, she switched to phase 2, and introduced the OCMGP into Connors head.

Connor began to writhe around in pain, struggling against his restraints. His heart rate began to increase, and his breathing became sharp and painful. A bright light began to encircle Connor, drawing into him and then exploded in a blinding flash. When the light faded, Connor was gone, the vat empty.

"What just happened?" Braxton asked angrily. The doctor looked at his controls in a controlled panic.

"I don't know, he just vanished! It was like he completely deconstructed himself..."

The doctors intercom sprung to life, and a male voice emanated from her wrist. "Doctor Sunn... You need to get to the third floor quickly."

The shock and uncertainty of his voice brought Braxton and Sunn's gazes towards one another, and they both exited the room. On floor three, the male from the intercom led them both to a room down the hall, where an old woman was shrieking in a hospital bed, trying to shield her eyes from the soaked, completely nude Connor standing in the center of the room. Both Sunn and Braxton looked at him with disbelief. Connor smiled at them both, and stood straight up, taking a quick look down.

"Bad news doc, I'm still too big."

The old woman lost consciousness.

The coin flashed in the surgical light of the hallway. Riley walked it over her knuckles and back again. It wasn’t really a coin, but a round disk of copper, the edges not smooth but reticulated. It was given to her by a member of her family a long time ago, it was sort of a good luck charm. Jev was not far from her, trying to pacify some of the medical staff in charge of his procedure. They had hardly even seen members of his species, let alone performed anything on them.

Just follow the instructions of the datapad. I have planned contingencies for every likely problem.” His voice was low, and thrummed with a sub-tone that for some reason soothed nearly everyone who heard it. It was one of the things that made him such a fantastic doctor.

Don’t worry, you’re not gonna kill ‘im.” Riley interjected with a laugh in her eyes. “Riindenians are pretty sturdy when all's said an' done.” She shot a grin at Jev. He was not as good at sparring as she was, but no matter how many blows she landed he kept coming. It had earned her respect, she was starting to think of him less as a foreign presence to be ‘handled’ and more of a friend, a fact she would keep her supervisors unaware of for as long as possible.

The metal table was cool to the touch, even through the hospital shift. They were separated at that point, though the rooms had a glass divider so she could meet Jev’s gaze as he lay down on his own slab. His expression was almost serene, yet Riley had learned to pick up on the signs his body betrayed him with: rapid blinking, his long fingers twitching as they lay at his side. She mouthed two words: “You’re good” and his blinking slowed. He smiled, something he had learned to do only for the benefit of his hosts.

Riley almost didn’t hear the doctors as the procedure began, she was much more focused on the large, horrific needles moving slowly toward her. The serum was cold when it hit her blood, she stared in disbeliefs the liquid drained from its container. How much could her body really hold? She couldn’t watch the next bit, suddenly the thought hit her, just how absolutely terrifying this was. She was about to let a parasite get into her brain and alter her very physiology. There was no going back from this. The doctors frowned at the cardiograph as her heart rate quickened. Riley’s head began to swim, then a sharp pain in the side of her head. She winced, screwing her eyes shut even as the introduction tube was removed. The pain spread, she could almost feel it in every nerve. She gritted her teeth and somewhere heard a cry, only to realize it was her own. She struggled against her restraints, thrashing and writhing and then, everything stopped. The pain stopped, her cries stopped, even the sensation of the cool table on her skin stopped. All she could feel was a light tugging at her wrists and ankles where the restraints pulled. Riley opened her eyes. The doctors were all looking at her, shock on their pale faces. Riley looked down at herself only to find…she was floating. The moment she realized it a familiar sensation came over her and she fell the three inches back down. Apparently, several instruments had been caught in the anomaly because there was a chorus of clattering metal that echoed in the wake.

Another crash made her head flick round. The doctors in Jev’s room had upset a stand in their hurry to get to him. She read the life signs on the monitor and her heard chilled. There weren’t any.

Get me out of these things! Now!” She barked. Her voice was so sharp one of the staff jumped to obey, even as the head of the team began to protest. She protested while Riley freed herself from the table and moved to grab her as she darted for the door. Riley was too quick. She had it open in a second and was in Jev’s room in another.

Move!” She yelled, snatching the datapad. One of the doctors had a syringe of liquid and had aimed it over where a human heart would be. Riley grabbed it and moved it down and to the right, slamming the needle in hard. She felt it punch through something like cartilage and the doctor shrieked and let go. There were a few breaths in silence, Riley prayed in her mind. Come on you stupid frog, you’re not leaving me here alone.

A few more heartbeats, more silence, Riley swallowed, forcing her emotion down. This wasn’t happening. Suddenly Jev’s eyes flew open and he jerked up, snagged by the restraints and gave a bi-tonal yelp.

Jev!” his name came out in a breath of relief as Riley sat back on the edge of the table. The skin at his neck stretched and shrank as he gulped nervously, his transparent lids blinking back surprise.

Riindenian hearts are at the bottom of the chest cavity.” Riley explained to the rather frantic-looking doctors. She tapped Jev on the spot and he winced. “I will bruise but…I am alive.” He smiled again, sweat was beading off his brow. Riley frowned.

Jev…you don’t sweat.

Puzzled, the Riindenian examined his arms and sure enough, water was beginning to bead on his soft skin.

…intruiging.

The couch in quiet, sterile waiting room was much too small for Barry Holtzman's large frame. He sat in still, but even the most subtle shift made the sofa groan in protest. The secretary occasionally looking over warily at Barry and the couch. However, Barry was too deep in thought to notice. He waited in silence, the only sounds coming from the desk assistant tapping away at her console. Finally a man clad in white medical robes stepped into the room, clipboard in hand. "Mr. Holtzman we are ready for you, sir."

With a few more threatening sounds from the couch, and maybe even the sound of splintering wood, Barry stood. The doctor had to crane his head to look Barry in the face as he said. "Please follow me." Barry nodded and ducked under the door frame and followed the man into the lab. It looked like something straight out of a movie... a horror movie, if you asked Barry, but he didn't betray any signs of discomfort. He simply scanned it all with mild eyes.

"Before we proceed sir, I have to inform you of the experimental and possibly dangerous nature of this procedure. There is a possibility of your body rejecting the implant, which can be fatal. Are you sure you would like to continue?" The doctor looked at Barry, waiting for his verbal confirmation.

Barry thought about his family, his daughter and his wife. He had known the risks already. There was a whole packet of waivers to sign and documents to read over to prep for the implant. He wasn't so sure he wanted to go through it at first, but his wife had convinced him that it would all be alright. He had risked his life for years, in the boxing ring and in the army and his wife had supported him through it all. She trusted him, and her assurance gave him courage. Faith was uncertain, elusive... but she always had faith in him. So Barry nodded, clearing his throat. "Yes, I understand the risk. Let's proceed."

There was a large metal table suspended over a glass container full of liquid in the middle of the room. The doctor instructed Barry to disrobe and lay down on the table. Barry did as he was told, the chains suspending the table straining. "How long will this procedure take?" Barry asked. "Not long at all sir, but it won't be pleasant. You will have to be conscious for the duration of the process." He nodded again and another medic fastened a mask over his nose and mouth, then slowly he began to descend into the water.

He kept his eyes closed, thinking of his daughter and his wife. Needles punctures all along his body, making his brow twitch, but he kept his eyes closed at the feeling of cool liquid flooded through him. There was a pause, and then intense pain. His eyes shot open and his body convulsed, his fists went flying, crashing through the glass container and the chains snapped, making the table fall, clattering to the ground. Nurses and doctors raced around, some trying to restrain Barry's arms and legs, he ripped off the mask and yelled, making the room shake. A nurse ran over with a syringe and tried to stick it into one of the bulging veins in his arm... but the needle broke. Barry began to still, the heart monitor beeping frantically. He breathed in deeply, focusing again on the room around him. Some of the doctors around him had cut themselves on the broken glass. Barry sat up, feeling sharp edges poking at his skin, but he didn't have a single cut on him. Ignoring the clamor around him, he picked up a shard of glass and ran it across his palm. It couldn't cut through.

The news mumbled in the background on the holo display inside the waiting room. Iris preferred to look out the window. In the city, she could watch the city glow with neon lights and flickering advertisements. But here, at the research facility, it wasn't nearly as busy beyond the glass. The building sat on the edge of some sort of waterfall, probably man made, and surrounded by lush grass. In the distance she could see rolling hills at high altitudes. It was a pretty view, but it reminded Iris just how far away she was from everything. She always had been far away... from what exactly, she didn't know. She just always felt that there was some sort of unseen tether that lead to somewhere better. She'd been a lot of places and seen a lot of things, but the tether only ever got longer.

She dragged her eyes away from the window and began pacing back and forth in front of the benches of the waiting area. Her nerves were on edge and she felt restless. She had read the files. Twice. This biotic implant was new tech and very... experimental. They chose her and a handful of other soldiers and military personnel, and of course we had a choice, we could turn it down. Most probably would turn it down. Even the results of the procedure were unknown. We just know that we'd be super soldiers if we lived, she thought to herself. When Iris was offered the chance to receive the implant, she accepted. She had felt a tug on that long tether that day. Maybe this was what she was supposed to do... not that she believed in fate or destiny, or even a higher power for that matter. But she did believe in having a purpose.

She crossed her arms over her chest, her eyes wondering to the window again. A few moments later the door opened and a man stepped through. He was large and well-built. He wore a military uniform and his air had turned gray on the sides. His eyes were a faded gold color, and they locked on Iris. "Captain Steele. They are ready to begin the operation."

Iris turned and stood facing the man, her back now to the window. "What a surprise, General Steele. I thought General Braxton was going to be accompanying the procedures today." Iris replied, her fierce gold eyes staring back. General Steele smiled without any humor. "He is presiding over an alternate operation at the moment. I'm afraid you are stuck with my company." Iris raised her chin and a doctor in a lab coat stepped through the door.

"Captain Steele, this way please." Iris nodded tot he doctor and stepped past her father to enter the lab room. If she wasn't nervous before, she certainly was now. Whatever irritation she had felt towards her father slipped away to apprehension of her current situation. Researchers and medics tapped away at monitors and nurses examined holograms of her body. The doctor who had walked her in waved his hand to a table in the center of the room that was hanging over a vat of suspicious yellow liquid. It reminded her of her eye color, the rare and strange trait of the Steele family. She had been told that it was a gene that had been passed down for generations was given to a forefather of their family by the "Sun"... She had always assumed that that maybe was some sort of codename for the "Sundarians" but she never asked.

Iris was so lost in thought, staring at the yellow liquid in the container that she didn't realize that the doctor had been talking to her. Her father, Captain Steele looked very distressed, a vein throbbing in his neck, but the anger wasn't directed at Iris, but the doctor, who was also waiting on a reaction from her. "My apologies, what did you say?" The man cleared his throat and repeated himself, "I said that you will have to undergo this procedure without any sort of anesthesia. It's required that you are fully conscious and aware... and it will be painful." Iris's eyebrows furrowed, but he hurried to add on before she could reply. "But it doesn't take long at all. The operation only lasts a few moments-"

"What is her chance of survival?" General Steele asked in a low voice. "Dad!" Iris exclaimed, warranting a glare from her father. "That's General to you, Captain" He corrected her with a growl. Iris snapped her mouth close and looked away. General Steele repeated his question and the doctor spluttered "S-sir, there's no way to guarantee... all of our candidates were chosen by the high chance of success, but there's no way to know for sure... some just don't make it." Iris took a deep breath and walked up to the table. "Can we proceed, gentleman."

The doctor hurried away from General Steele, who crossed his arms over his chest. Iris followed the instructions she was given and stripped before laying down on the cold metal surface of the table. The chill rose bumps along her arms and legs and a nurse secured a mask over her nose and mouth. Iris took deep breaths and tried to relax and keep control over her emotions. It would be over quick. She believed in purpose, and if her purpose was to die, then so be it. Maybe that tether led to the underworld.

She watched through murky, yellow water as needled slowly descended over her body and punctured her skin in several places. She forced herself to stay calm, even as her body was filled with cold. Then another mechanical arm lowered into the water next to her head, she kept her gaze upward, her hand clenched in fists at her bare sides. The needle went in. There was an eerie calm, the stillness of anticipation before the pain hit her like a tank. Her body arched, and her mouth opened in a silent scream. She convulsed and shuddered against the restraints.

General Steele rushed over to the edge of the container, shouting and demanding to know what was happening. Everything was muffled and indistinct to Iris's ears. The only thing she could hear was her fluttering heart beat, like a bird beating its wings against a cage.... then going still.

Doctors and nurses ran around the room shouting orders and stats to one another, a man ran over and flashed a light in her eyes. "She's responsive!" He called out. "What!?" Shouted the head doctor, "She's flatlined, what do you mean she's responsive?" "I see brain activity!" Shouted another woman, "She's even breathing sir, look." The doctor pushed his way over to a monitor, the General following suit, when Iris's chest began to glow gold. Her hair drained of color, turning white. The water around her body bubbled and the lights flickered and dimmed. Suddenly, the glass container shattered as light burst from Iris's body, the pulse of energy blew everything in the lab over, sending people and equipment flying back against the walls. Then, in the center of the lab room, her heart started beating again.

For the next week, Aaron was kept under lock and key. Every room was monitored, including the bathroom. As his abilities evolved, they scientists made carful notes: and his powers grew day by day. For the first 2 days, Aaron worked on controlling his electrical discharges, varying his power and focus. His lightning was strong enough to disintegrate a Sundarian berserker, but could be controlled to power a small light without blowing the circuit.

On day 2, Scientists made note of the exponential increase of Aaron's brain wave speed, and the super charging of his neural system. His reflexes went off the charts, and his speed increased greatly. While his body maintained its charge, Aaron seemed to have limitless energy. Through more active use of his abilities however, Aaron could exhaust his bodies negative charge, leaving him with no use of his powers and fatigued.

On days 3 and 4, Aaron developed the ability to charge objects, effectively magnetizing them. With practice, he could twist steel beams into abstract art, or stop incoming bullets with a field of polarity.

Day 5 revealed Aaron's electric field. The more he trained with his powers, the more Aaron was able to maintain his charge longer, and hold more energy. So much so in fact, that he began to suffer intense neural pain from the overwhelming amounts of static energy in his body. One unfortunate scientist preforming the routine physical examination touched Aaron's skin. Excess electricity used his contact as an escape route, and the doctor was incinerated.

Aaron's body had begun to change as well. Aaron's skeleton morphed, growing several inches taller: in addition, Aaron's spine produced six protrusions that extend above the epidermis of his back. This have begun to act as his bodies own method of releasing excess charge. Since there arrival, Aaron has been able to control his abilities much more naturally: his energy flowing in and out like oxygen being inhaled through the lungs, and Co2 being exhaled.

The last two days were final testing days. Aaron preformed his new abilities through a rigorous course developed by the scientists. Aaron was able to demonstrate a full range of his abilities with exceptional control, leading to a successful discharge from the medical facility. Next was phase two.

Aaron waited patiently on the landing bay, until
upload_2017-12-13_12-26-12.png
finally arrived. Mercer stood at attention and shot a quick salute to Braxton, who smiled and clasped him on the shoulders.

"How'd they treat ya?" He asked with a laugh. As the prep crew ran around, one rushed over and grabbed Mercers small, army green duffle bag, and rushed it over to the ship. Braxton and Mercer followed behind him casually.

"Not to bad. The food was certainly better than in the army." Mercer cracked a smile. Braxton laughed loudly, and together the two stepped onto the ship, already beginning to take off the ground. In the hanger bay, the two men continued their conversation, on route to the next station.

Braxton pointed to mercers back. In typical army fashion, Mercer wore nothing more than his green government issued pants, combat boots and a white training shirt. Several holes had been ripped through the back by Mercers new bony spikes. Mercer took a quick look back and shrugged.

"Unexpected side-effect of the procedure. Nothing major." Braxton took another discomforted look at his back before shifting his attention to a holographic data pad, which he handed to Aaron.

"Things are moving along smoothly. With several successful procedures, we are moving to phase to of the operation. They are assembling these people into a team. You're going to lead them." Braxton switched his gaze from the display in Aaron's hand to his expression. Aaron just looked down at the pad.

"Listed inside are the dossiers of each member of your team, as well as a mission briefing and objectives. That information is highly classified, and as of now, you have been granted the highest clearance." Aaron looked up at Braxton for a moment to acknowledge him. He had had a feeling that this was bigger than just new experimental tech, but now something seemed to be whispering in Aaron's ears. Aaron took a moment to flip through the files, giving a brief look through the basics. One name caught his eye.

"General Steele's daughter?" Aaron looked back to Braxton in disbelief. He only nodded.
"She's a damn fine soldier, as well as one of the best pilots in the EUMF. Steele certainly didn't approve of it, though."

Aaron looked back down at her case picture. She was slender-ish, with mid length brown hair and two piercing golden eyes, just like her fathers. She was almost.... beautiful.

Aaron reprimanded himself mentally, and refocused. "So what is this all about anyways? Clearly there is a reason for all of this incredibly expensive tech and gathering of these.." Aaron flipped through the dossiers once more. "..Highly specialized individuals." Braxton's face darkened, and he reached forwards, touching a blinking button on the bottom of the display. the screen was replaced by a video recording from someones head camera. There were several soldiers in front of him, each armed and navigating their ways over rubble, of what looked like a human city. Aaron recognized the uniforms as EUMF deep space scouts. The video played, and for a moment nothing happened. Then a blur of red and blue flew on screen, snatching the first scout. The other two opened fire on the creature, but it leapt to the wall and took down the second soldier, its sharp claws tearing right through his suit. The creature turned to the camera and sprung forward at the screaming scout, and then the feed ended, cutting immediately to static.

"What the hell was that thing?" Aaron said, his eyes widening as he played the event back in slow motion. The creature moved so quick it was hard to see, but there were times it slowed down enough to make out certain things: the blue and red were fleshy parts of its body, covered with large pours. a lot of its body seemed to be covered in chalky white plating, including its devastating claws. The creature didn't seem to have any eyes or mouth, or face of any kind.

"We aren't sure. Several weeks ago, the colony planet Geneva went dark. We lost all communication with it. We sent in several scouting teams to figure out what happened, but none of them made it back. That clip was the only bit of feed we got. Whatever those sons of bitches are, they're unlike anything we have ever seen before."

Aaron looked back to Braxton, searching for some sort of answer on his face. "It's not the Taken?"

"I wish it were." He replied with a sigh. a quick turn led them both to a screen on the wall, where he brought up feed of Eeron, the Taken's homeworld. "We tracked The Taken to a remote corner of the nebula, sitting dormant in the asteroid fields. They are no where near Geneva, and would not be able to silence an entire human colony in 3 days with anything short of their entire military force. No, this is something else: something ancient."

The words sent shivers down Aaron's spine, like a current of rogue volts. Braxton straitened his posture, and moved away from the dark possibilities. Poise was one of his best qualities.

"We are arriving at a remote, classified EUMF training facility, were you and your team will integrate and prepare to intercept, identify, and divert this new threat. As of now you have been promoted to Warden. Your team and yourself are now comprising a brand new, top secret branch of the EUMF. You have all been given top level clearances, as well as access to any resources you deem necessary. Any questions?"

Aaron looked out through the bay window, and saw through miles of pine, a sleek facility outside a large lake. Unlike the rest of earth, Aaron could spot no other aircraft in the sky.

"Yeah: I've never heard of a Warden before."

Braxton smiled slightly, like this small detail was enough to distract him from the looming uncertainty beyond the galaxy.
"It is a new rank. The Warden operates as the superior officer to all gatekeepers. That is the rank that is given to all of the soldiers in your branch of the EUMF. It also means from now on, you report directly to me." Braxton winked, like he was giving Aaron a birthday present a day early.

The bay doors began to open, revealing the large forrest, with the tree tops flying back at the force of the decent of the ship. "Here." Braxton dictated, and handed Aaron a new jacket and black beret with a rank symbol he had not seen before. Aaron put both on and saluted Braxton, who saluted back with gusto. "Make me proud of there, Warden. Your people are depending on you."

Aaron grabbed his bag and stepped off the ship, which was hovering a foot off the ground. He turned and watched as the doors shut and the ship lifted away over the trees.

"Well chop me in half and call me a Tauxavilon." Aaron turned to the familiar voice, calling over the landing pad. There, leaning against the wall of the facility was Connor Beckford. Aaron smiled wildly and crossed over to meet his old friend.

Connor gave Aaron a quick size up and smiled. "Did you get taller?" He asked, genuinely confused.
Aaron laughed fully. "Something like that. What the hell are you doing here Beckford?"

Connor grinned that crazy grin of his. "Well the doctors got tired of listening to me shoot my mouth off, so they sent me here a day early. Didn't really bother me much; there's very limited staff here, but one of the guards is cute as hell." Aaron followed Connors gaze as it betrayed him in the direction of a small blonde standing dutifully by the plasma gate.

"I guess somethings don't change. It's good to see you, but you know you are supposed to salute your superior officer."
Conner waved the notion away with a look of disinterest. "Ah who has time to make sure I lift my hand away from my crotch every time a boy-scout with a more colorful badge walks by? Anyways, want me to give you a quick tour of the facilities? They got a sweet firing range, and all the com ports have free access. All the adult entertainment two studs could ever want."

Aaron couldn't help but smile. Connor could be a pain in everyones ass, but he was always a good sport about life. Kept everything light when it needed some cooling off.

"Thanks, but I have files to go over before the other members of the team arrive in an hour. Make sure to be dressed and arrived back out here at 11 hundred, understood?"

Connor shrugged. "Sir yes Sir."

As the two headed inside the facility, Connor pointed to Aaron's new hat. "Hey whats that symbol? I've never seen that rank before?"

"I'll tell you later."

Last edited:
"You've got more muscle." Riley poked her friend's forearm. Even through the uniform suit she could trace the contours of Jev's slightly bulkier frame. He was still a stick compared to most humans, lithe as a cat and just as calculating in every movement. His face was set in an expressionless line as he scanned the lines of the datapad that cast his skin in a ghostly blue light.

The transport they were in had only a few small windows and Riley, upon getting no response from the Riindenian turned to watch the landscape roll by.
"This..." Jev began, shutting off his datapad with grim purpose. "This is more power than any individuals should have."

Riley frowned. It was the closest thing to a complaint Jev had ever expressed since their training had started. Riley, for one was enjoying the new gifts. She had created deadly projectiles from water simply by changing the gravity around the small mass. She could float, she could bound extraordinary distances, it was almost akin to flying. Currently her weight limit was about 1000 pounds, but it was growing. She could deflect bullets, pulling them into a gravity field of her own making before using their momentum to send them hurtling back down their own paths...now that she thought about it...it did seem like a lot of power they were trusting her with.

"To fight monsters..." She began.
Jev looked at her then, his eyes were still alien enough to her that they were unsettling. They had both seen the footage. It still chilled Riley, creeping up on her whenever she was in a moment's quiet.
"Riley...I am capable of creating explosions with a half-mile radius, expanding the moisture in a living creature to the point where it is ripped apart...With my knowledge of chemistry, and anatomy...I am capable of ending the lives of hundreds in mere seconds..."

Riley was silent for a moment, then replied: "Well it's a good thing you wouldn't do it then." She put a hand on his arm, reflecting again how much muscle he had built. "Of all the beings in this whole damn universe, You're the best one I could think of to wield that kind of power."
Jev smiled sadly. "Thank you for your confidence Riley." It was easy to tell the burden of the power weighed heavily on him.

They docked before either of them had realized and an escort was waiting to direct them to their meeting point. Riley hadn't been to this complex before, and took in the smooth walls and sparse hallways.
"Almost like the academy." She mused to herself, "Shit."
They passed several rooms, all sealed behind numbered doors, underneath some were labels pertaining to the contents. She scanned the titles lazily:
Weapons engineering, drone modelling...sentry platform storage? Riley stopped, pressing a curious hand on the door. It opened. Jev noticed she had fallen behind and he stiffened when he saw her slip into the dark room.
He found her when he flipped the lights on, standing at the other end of the room, her eyes wide as saucers, staring at an old robot model with rapt admiration.
"This...this is perfect!"

Their entourage quickly appeared behind them. The leader looking a little irritated. "We have a schedule to keep ma'am."
"I need it." She said definitively. Jev looked at the ceiling as if asking for strength. He knew the look in her eyes, there would be no arguing.
"Uh...I don't think-" but Riley cut the soldier off. "I've just been given a wack-load of clearance right? What bloody good is it if I can't get a scrap platform for my work? Load it up, I'm taking it with me. Now."

Still beaming about her new acquisition Riley followed the party thereafter like a lamb, an angelic and satisfied smile on her face.

The room was plain, and sparsely furnished, with tiered seats very much like the academy lecture halls she had been forced into. Riley made a face.
Two figures had beaten them there, both looked within three years of her own age, but it was the one who wasn't passed out that she turned to. She saw the rank on his uniform and saluted deftly. Jev followed suit, blinking his vertical eyelids as he studied the two.
Their chaperone announced their names in an official tone and Riley shrugged at Mercer as if to say: 'guilty as charged'.
"I will stand for the briefing if that is permitted." Jev said carefully. "Human seating of this kind is ah, a little difficult for me."
Riley grinned and thumbed behind her at the 8 foot alien standing somewhat sheepishly behind her. "Jev's from outta town."

BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Mercer went over his notes again. No doubt the team would already have some insight as to what we were all doing here, but this was the time to lay it all out on the table. Connor had wandered in 20 minutes prior and begun snoozing at his desk. Mercer could only roll his eyes and continue his review of the material. Not to long following Backfords entrance, two new faces entered the room. Mercer recognized them both from their dossiers, and rose to receive them.

"At ease soldiers. Glad to have you here." Mercer offered them both a welcome smile. "I read both of your reports. I must say I am very glad to have your skill sets aboard for this mission. I was very impressed with everything I read." Connor snorted slightly in the back round, rolled his head over and continued snoring. Mercer began to suspect that Connors real biotic power was intense space hibernation. With a motion of his arm, Mercer gestured to all of the open desks. "Take a seat where ever you're comfortable: The briefing will begin when the final two members arrive."

[SYSTEM MESSAGER] detecting gyroscopic fluctuations...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] detecting photo optic input...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] activating anti-theft protocol...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] waiting for passcode override...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] ...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] ...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] ...
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] no passcode received
[SYSTEM MESSAGER] activating unit J-21189512

The small particle collider in J-21's chest buzzed to life and began ramming hydrogen atoms into one another, setting off a chain reaction. Slowly a small ball of crimson light began to form in the center of the android's frame. Quickly it grew larger and more intense until it finally stabilized, taking the form of a miniature star. Radiant atomic energy began to surge through J-21's hard carbon frame and sent energy rushing into his central system. He was awake and confused. A steady wave of heat radiated off of J-21 as he began a full system check. Something was off. Several components were missing from his internals, and there were gaps in his memory unit. Just how long had he been powered off? The readings from his internal clock seemed to be way off. As the rest of J-21's sensory system came online he quickly registered a voice, seemingly male.

"Hello? Who's there?"

"I was very impressed with everything I read."
Riley's gaze drifted past her commander to the snoring man in the seats behind him. Easy to impress then I suppose. She did not say this, instead nodding. "Good to hear it."
The military robot unit was packed neatly onto a dolly and set at the back of the room.

"I hope you don't mind, I found something for my hobby along the way. It's a humanoid fighter platform. Infiltration unit I think, though, until I download the data on it it's hard to be sure. They're hella useful they are, if you know how to deploy them."
Riley grinned proudly at her find, but her expression evaporated as she saw the faint glow start up from the thing's innards.
Jev's worried eyes shot from the droid to Riley and then to the captain, but Riley was already moving by the time the machine spoke.
She had a datapad in her hand in a split second and was tapping furiously on the keys.

"Aesop." She barked at it.
A small, tinny voice sounded from the little speaker. "Hello Riley....you seem..distressed."
"Hang the audio analysis Aesop. Wireless access; military platform within 6 feet. Check basal coding and program shackling. I just need to make sure this thing has got all its restraining protocol intact."
There was no reason why it shouldn't. The very basic code prevented un-ordered violence on organic beings, that being said...she really had no idea in what conditions the unit was shut down.

The screen in her hands flashed and shut off. Riley tried not to look too panicked. A few seconds of silence seemed to stretch like hours before the screen lit up again. "What happened?" Riley demanded, the AI replied, this time in a slightly different voice.
"Error caused by unknown virus...enforced automatic purge and rebooted with backup systems. Second attempt using appropriate firewalls...analysis complete. All shackling programs intact. Unit is not a danger."
Riley's signs of relief were visible, but she quickly swept past the event in a whirl of enthusiasm for the not operational robot in their midst.
"How the hell did you activate?" She asked it, clearly impressed. "State your identification and function."
Riley decided she would worry about the virus later, whatever it was.

Brendanfp Brendanfp BugDozer73 BugDozer73

((I'm sorry, I couldn't resist replying :3. Lemme know if I should edit anything, basically Riley doesn't know the AI is the virus. She just assumed the system was hacked or messed with before shut down.))

All of J-21's sensory systems were now online, however, they were all still adjusting to the current environment. It seemed that the android had been offline for a considerable amount of time. His photoreceptors, in particular, needed to be returned as they only offered a low-resolution image. He could barely detect the woman as she approached him, finger furiously tapping away at some device. But what was she do-- J-21 felt uneasy as the woman shouted off a rapid string of orders.

[System Messanger] systems breach detected
[System Messanger] acquiring target...
[System Messanger] target has been acquired
[System Messanger] initiating systems defense protocol...
[System Messanger] ...
[System Messanger] target has been assimilated

J-21 felt his consciousness merge with the device. It was now an extension of himself. Within seconds he had absorbed and stored all the data the device had to offer. The datapad was assigned to a Riley Kane, an apparent robotics expert. J-21 pondered if the virus would spread further, but before he could even consider it his connect to the datapad was abruptly severed.

[System Messanger] target systems rebooting
[System Messanger] ...
[System Messanger] target is no longer a threat
[System Messanger] systems defense deactivating...

J-21 detected the woman sigh of relief, presumably, this was Riley herself. The presumed engineer glared into his pair of photo-receptors and the android glared back at the fuzzy image of the woman. She inquired as to how he activated and issued a formal command for his function and identification. J-21 felt a strong compulsion to answer her question and if he was any other android he would have no choice. However, that was the beauty of having consciousness he had the freedom of choice. He hesitated for a second.

"I'm not quite sure how I activated. However, my command logs show that my anti-theft system was activated. My serial number is J-21189512 and my function... well I'm not quite sure. It seems like my memory storage was tampered with. Now if you don't mind me asking, are you, in fact, Riley Kane?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight

The puzzled expression on Riley's face disappeared, replaced by a look of pure shock, but soon a smile crept into the corner's of her open mouth as she stared at him agape in an almost joyful disbelief. "You hacked Aesop?"
She looked past the robot to her new leader with a wide grin. "They've been holding out on us commander, the good stuff was clearly hidden away up stairs!" She called to Mercer happily.
She turned back to J-21, speaking directly to him now, "Yeah mate, I'm Riley. Robotics engineer, but of course you know that don't you. Someone's overwritten your direct command protocols, so let's try this: would you please follow me after the briefing session? Meeting to be treated as strictly confidential. Afterwards I'd like to have a proper look at you, in my workshop. For now, have a seat."
The closeness to a human speech pattern was almost unsettling. Riley had worked with a lot of advanced AIs, this one was so life-like she would have to keep reminding herself that it was just a machine. The fact that it could deny a direct command like that meant that some of its decision making pathways had been unshackled.
What the hell were they trying to do with this?

To lead her request Riley went to take a seat among the rows. Walking past Connor's perch she kicked the back of his seat hard before taking her own a little ways away, her expression innocent.
She didn't meet Jev's eyes on purpose. She knew he would be fretting about the robot, not taking half the enthusiasm about synthetic life as she did.
Her eyes cast about for the one who would give the briefing.

BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Brendanfp Brendanfp

((K, now I'm really going to wait for Purize, promise.))

Mercer watched as the blonde went to work, fretting over the machine. After a few moments, the engineer looked pleased with the developments of her new "toy". Mercer, however, was not. As she took her seat, Mercer scowled and rubbed his eyes.

"Gate officer Kane." Mercer dropped his display controls, in irritation as she took her seat. Connor snorted and not so casually flailed in his seat to keep from falling. He glared back at the woman but stopped and let his mouth fall open as he watched the curvy blonde sweep past. Mercer kept his tone but looked over at the now active AI. "Due to the circumstances, I will tolerate this breech of formality. We are here to integrate and become a team. This is not a toy excursion. For the next 6 weeks we will be training in this facility to deploy to Geneva and respond to an unknown threat. This is not an engineering lab." Mercer looked around at the new faces, and focused on Riley. "Though you all have been given higher clearance, any new gear acquisitions will be approved by me. Do I make myself clear?"

Connor nodded groggily before turning and continuing a prolonged smile at the blonde who kicked his seat. He raised one eye brow and moved some oh his hair out of his eyes as flirtatiously as he could. Mercer addressed the AI individually.

"Alright J. As of now you have been re-appropriated by Officer Kane. That makes you an asset and part of this team. My name Is Warden Aaron Mercer. Until reassignment, I will stand as your commanding officer. Your standing orders are to report directly to the engineer."

Connor scoffed, taking his eyes off Riley. "Were really going to keep that scrap metal? Cant we just, pack a toaster or something?" Mercer shot Connor a look, who held up his hand innocently.

The door of the room slid open, and Barry took a step inside. He ducked low, bending his knees and leaning low. He towered over everyone in the room. Barry was dressed similarly to the rest of them: Green army pants, combat boots, and a white shirt, that for him, strained every fiber to contain his form. Barry dropped his bag and saluted Mercer. "GateKeeper Barry Holtzman, Reporting, sir." Mercer gave him a quick salute back. "At ease, Holtzman. Glad to have you here. Take a seat where ever, and we will proceed with the briefing."

Connor nearly fell out of his chair when Barry stepped through the door. As Barry took a seat next to him, Connor leaned over and gave him a nudge.

"Quick question, who made you?" Barry gave Connor an unamused glare, and Connor turned away in a hasty retreat.
"Thats cool, thats cool. But seriously, your mother died giving birth to you, right? Did she eat horse steroids during her third trimester?" Barry sat silently, ignoring the man beside him.

"Thats enough joker. Lets get started." Mercer's face became very serious. These people in the room were talented, no doubt, and Mercer was hopeful with a lot of the skill sets he now had on his side of the chess board: there were still insurmountable odds to overcome. "I know that some of you have been given some information as to why you are here. Some of you have not." Mercer looked over each face, and straightened up. "For those of you who don't know, My name Is Warden Aaron Mercer. I am your commander and daddy for the foreseeable future. Welcome to my family. Like the rest of you, I also was a survivor of the OCMGP program. Together, we have been reassigned to a new, top secret branch of the EUMF. Our mission objective is to deal with unknown alien threats to human race." Mercer pulled up the video Braxton showed him on the flight to the facility, letting it sit motionless on the projector behind him. "As of 2 weeks ago, the Human colony on the planet Geneva went dark. All recon teams sent to investigate are currently MIA, and presumed dead. Our only intel is this feed recorded from one of the soldiers helmet." Mercer played the video and turned to re-watch the creature eviscerate the scouts.

Last edited:
Riley went somber as Mercer laid out how things were going to go. She n=knew better than to mouth off her first day.
"Yes sir." She said resolutely. She grinned at J-21 when Mercer addressed it personally.
She looked back at Connor, raising an eyebrow at his comment, her smile never faded. "You find me the toaster with nuclear pulse canons and I'll pack it mate."
Barry's entrance made her sit up. She caught her mouth hanging open, gawping at the sheer size of the man. Connor immediately began shooting his mouth and Riley gave him an offended look on Barry's behalf.
The air in the room grew very somber as the clip played. Riley found herself clasping her hands before her mouth, elbows on the little desk attached to her seat.
Jev's expression was grim and calculating, as if he were running through a list of studied species.
"I have never seen anything quite like the creature in the footage." He stated finally. "It is not native to any known planets so far studied."
Brendanfp Brendanfp BugDozer73 BugDozer73 Purize Purize

Everything hummed with life. Iris could feel the buzzing of electricity in the fluorescent lights above her head. She could feel the water roaring over the cascading waterfall outside the research facility. It was like everything was suddenly alive and she could feel it all thrumming around her. However the most peculiar was being able to feel living things. She watched the doctors almost as closely as they watched her. She could tell which ones were tired, which ones were old and which ones were sick. It was all overwhelming in the beginning. On the first day, Iris writhed around on her observation room bed. She kicked and screamed and had to be restrained with leather straps to keep from hurting herself and others. She had awful migraines and the medical equipment in the room pulsated with her throbbing pain. Lights flashed around her and she saw gold everywhere, in everything. She would black out and have strange dreams and wake up again in a cold sweat.

On the third day the migraines faded and things began to feel... better. She was finally able to sit up straight and have civil conversation. Her fits had set back the schedule of the research team, but once she felt well enough and they began their tests. At first feeling everything had been overwhelming, like an overload to her system, but now she could understand it. If she concentrated, she could see energy shimmering in people and things. It was faint at first, but then it became easier to see. Everything around her was alive. She could even feel it in herself, she could feel herself connecting to everything around her and feel it tug at her... like it called to her.

She remembered meeting an old man once when she was younger. He was some sort of monk or guru. Their ways were ancient and no longer practiced by more than a handful of others. She had met him on an Earth colony called Hanarah. It was a peaceful sort of planet with lots of flora. The man would go outside early in the mornings and do a strange dance that he called Tai-Chi. She approached the man one day and asked why he did the silly dances every morning. He looked at her and smiled saying, "Energy flows through us all, child. Our Chi, our life force energy, is what gives us life and soul. Learn how to control it in yourself and you can do anything." In a way the man had been right.

As the week went by Iris quickly learned that she could not only feel and see energy around her, but she could manipulate it as well. She could push and pull the tug of energy, drawing it out from some things and easing it into others. At first it was gentle, reminding her much of the old guru's Tai-Chi dance.

Iris did a lot of her training in a large room with two electric generators on one end, and a large, heavy dummy on the other side of the room. She pulled from the generators, feeling the energy glide through the air toward her and manifest itself in a ball of glowing gold in front of her. With one thought, she could send the ball of energy careening across the room and blasting into the dummy. It would hit the wall and leave a large impression of it's impact. Her powers weren't limited to just blasting around energy though, she could move it and manipulate it completely. She could control multiple balls of energy at once and send them in different directions or even control their directions, making them hit a target, come back and hit the target a second time.

After the week of training was over she was given orders to pack her things. It was time to meet with the rest of her squad of super-soldiers and begin training with them before heading out on our true mission. Dressed in her regular military attire and a faded army-green bag slung over her shoulder, she made her way to the hangar bay. Next to the aircraft that was to take her to her next destination was her father. He stood next to the ramp, arms fastened stiffly behind his back. It was the first time they had encountered one another since the implant procedure as the doctors wouldn't allow him to interrupt testing. She walked up to him and stopped just before him, looking up to meet his piercing golden eyes. "Your hair" he said.

Iris let a hand wander to her hair, pulled back into a ponytail. She knew he was referring to it's pale white color. The doctors said that it would never be naturally brown again. She could dye it if she wanted... but it didn't really bother her. "Do you think I'll get demoted for having unnatural hair coloring, General?" She replied in attempt at a half-hearted joke. He didn't seem amused.

"Don't loose your wits out there kid. You may be a biotic super-human but you're not immortal." Iris nodded and brushed past him to climb the ramp up to the ship. "And Iris..." He called behind her, making her turn to him. "Be safe." She cleared her throat, eyes wide in surprise. "Um.. I will try... See you around... General."

She turned on her heel and boarded the plane, wondering if that would be the last time she would see her father. Of course, she had been used to wondering that since she was a child.

The ship whirred to life and rolled out of the hanger, taking off towards the next drop-off point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Iris didn't really even notice when they landed. The whole trip she had been talking excitedly with the flight captain asking him a million questions about the the ship. The man was weary of her at first, not wanting to entertain her fascination of vehicles, but being an enthusiast himself, her interest was contagious. A woman came up to them, mid-conversation, looking very serious and a little annoyed. "Keeper Steele?"

Iris paused and looked at the woman. "Yes, Ma'am, that's me. Can I help you?"

"You need to come with me, please. You are about to be late for your squad orientation." Iris turned to look at the Flight Captain in shocked realization and turned back to the women, her cheeks flushing. "Nice meeting you, Captain Harriett, it seems I need to be going," she said. "No problem," he replied with a chuckle. "Better hurry."

Iris followed the woman quickly off the ship and headed into the facility. "I will take your things to your barracks, just head down that hall and take a left," the woman said. "Thank you, I appreciate it" I replied before jogging off down the hall. It would be just her luck to be late on the first day. She took the left turn and entered quietly into the room she'd been directed to. The man at the front of the room had already begun talking, introducing himself as Aaron Mercer.

"I am your commander and daddy for the foreseeable future. Welcome to my family. Like the rest of you, I also was a survivor of the OCMGP program. Together, we have been reassigned to a new, top secret branch of the EUMF. Our mission objective is to deal with unknown alien threats to human race. As of 2 weeks ago, the Human colony on the planet Geneva went dark. All recon teams sent to investigate are currently MIA, and presumed dead. Our only intel is this feed recorded from one of the soldiers helmet."

Iris took her seat a few seats over from a large, dark man, and watched the video as it started to play. She watched with wide eyes in quiet horror. This is what we were going up against. When the video ended, a Rinndenian in the room spoke. Iris raised her chin and leaned forward to look at the blurred blue and red figure on the screen. "Do we know anything about these creatures so far, sir?" She asked, looking at Mercer.

Mercer acknowledged Iris as she entered during his intro with a quick glance. As she sat with the others and watched, she seemed to take on a face similar to the others. Mercer looked at the screen with distaste, like the creature was a bug that kept avoiding the magazine after life deliverance.

"Our knowledge of these creatures is limited to the footage you just saw." Mercer spoke with a frown. It was not a good idea to make a move on an enemy with such little information, but as it stood, the option of inaction was simply unthinkable.

Connor had pulled his gaze away from Riley's disinterest, focusing on the video. It seemed to shut him up for just a moment, but he felt the urge to start talking once more. "I know one thing about those creatures: They are about to taste a reckoning for messing with us." Connor leaned back in his chair casually, as if his statement was a certainty. Barry nodded at Connor. "You can say that again. These creatures picked the wrong people to mess with. So what is the plan?"

Mercer turned the screen off and dropped the pad. "For the next 6 weeks, we will training hard together as a unite. I hope you all liked basic training: It was a nice warm up for the next 2 months."

Connor laughed, looking around to see if anyone else guess he was joking. His laugh quickly died off. "Wait, you're joking right?"

Mercer smirked, and headed for the door. "Get prepped. Tomorrow is day one of training."

Connor looked around again, after mercer stepped out of the room. "He's joking right?"
Barry stood up, the chair stuck to his massive figure. "Doubtful. Come on, cream puff, you're rooming with me."

Barry tore the chair apart with ease, tossing it across the room.

"Great... just great." Connor moaned.

J-21 stayed where he was for the majority of the briefing. He kept a close watch over the events that transpired before him, however, he was very much in his own head. He scoured his databanks for anything that would help him make sense of the situation, but his efforts proved fruitless. Most of the data J-21 had in his storage was seemingly outdated, and because of J-21's special nature, he wasn't authorized to access the EUMF database or world wide web. The engineers that constructed him were terrified by the idea of a hyper-aggressive virus assimilating their database or worse the internet. For this reason, all the information J-21 had access to had to be downloaded onto a secure hard drive and then downloaded into his central systems. J-21's knowledge was upheld through continuous updates, but it would seem that he had not received one in a while. Perhaps this Riley woman would be willing to help him. J-21 would ask her after he found out just how many people were present in the room.

[System Messager] preparing localized infrared scan...
[System Messager] scanning...
[System Messager] ...
[System Messager] ...

[System Messager] six life forms have been indentified
[System Messager] geo-physical postions obtained

J-21 was satisfied with the information he had retrieved. This would make it easier to transverse the room while his primary sensors were damaged. It seemed like the briefing had concluded so J-21 removed himself from the dolly and began to move towards the blonde haired woman.

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Riley tried not to grimace at the promise of harder work. Her basic camp learning to rein in her abilities had been brutal, and she could see Jev had lsot the usual sheen to his vibrant skin. He was exhausted too, but there was nothing for it. Riley wasn't one to complain. She'd take everything thrown at her. That brought her mind back around to the intelligence sitting in her new military platform. She started when it began to move off the dolly and held still as it made its way over to her.

J-21 was intimidating to say the least. The eerie red glow emanating from the inside of his skull was unsettling. It caught in his visual sensors, his eyes, making him look like some sort of mechanical demon. It would take some getting used to.
"Come with me." She said solemly before leading the way down the corridor and into the workroom adjoining her quarters.

The door was locked, a key pad sitting outside of it. Riley had requested this be installed to better keep out unwanted guests. She presented the key pad to J-21, a smile playing on her pink lips. She tapped the keypad in a specific code, the keys chimed out the first few notes of Queen's 'We Will Rock You' before the door slid open.

"Welcome back Riley." Aesop's delicate but distinctly robotic voice sounded from seemingly everywhere about the room.

"Aesop! We've got company. This is J-21. He's a new friend. Try to make him feel welcome eh? Oh, and, put up your best firewalls. There's something off about the system and I want to take precautions until I know what it is."

She went to a blue-screened monitor that had activated when they entered. Tapping quickly on the keyboard she downloaded several folders worth of information and pulled the hard drive from the port, holding it out in front of her 'new friend'.

"This," she began. "Is everything I am authorized to know about the mission and what it is we're facing, but before I give this to you, Mercer needs to know we can trust you...I need to know."

She held up a port cable, the end attached to her computer, the other she held out to him. "So how about it? Will you let me run diagnostics without frying my mother board?"

Brendanfp Brendanfp

Iris stayed in her seat as the room slowly emptied. She kept her head facing forward, but she had taken note of each of her team members. She didn't know them, but over the next several weeks they would have to work together like clockwork. Hopefully they got along well enough to make our job easier, but this wasn't about making friends. Squads and teams were necessary to complete difficult tasks... and sometimes you did make friends along the way. But in the end, a soldier knows that not all of their comrades will come back from a fight alive.

When Mercer walked out of the room, she stood and followed. When she caught up to him in the hall, she called out to him, "Sir, if I could have a moment to speak with you."

BugDozer73 BugDozer73

Last edited:
Mercer made it several steps down the white chrome hallway, before a familiar female voice chased him down. Mercer turned to find Iris stepping quickly behind. Mercer felt a tinge of curiosity. Behind Iris, Barry and Connor exited the room and headed down a hall. "What can I do for you, Steele?"

Up close, Iris could now feel the surge of energy beneath Mercer's skin. It was like amplified waves of electricity ran through his veins, pulsing with his heartbeat. Surprised, she almost had to take a few steps back. She blinked until the shimmer around his aura faded and clasped her hands behind her back, holding up her chin. "I wanted to apologize for my tardiness, I was behind schedule." She dipped her head. "But I also would like to speak with you about the plans for our training over the next six weeks. I suspect it won't be normal combat training..."

Her eyes drifted away with her voice, watching the flicker of life around her. Even after a week it was still mesmerizing and distracting, constantly feeling everything around her. It all thrummed to a beat, each thing an instrument in an orchestra that she couldn't hear. She knew they would probably practice training together with their new biotic abilities, and she hoped she could measure up to the rest of the team and stay focused. She was a damn good soldier and had trained to fight her whole life... but this... this was new.

Mercer smiled at her, nodding acceptance at her apology. "Accidents happen. I will expect that you will not allow it to happen moving forward, what with you now being present. As for the training, well..." Mercer looked around the hall, watching to make sure there were no personnel within earshot. "...I am not entirely sure myself what we will be doing. General Braxton will be overseeing the training. Just get a good nights sleep and put your trust in your teammates. I know everyones skills, and we can handle whatever they have to throw at us. Is there anything else I can do for you, Keeper?"

Iris nodded, "Yes, sir. I'll try to keep out of trouble." A smile cracked on her face and she chuckled, "General Braxton's here? Huh, this should be interesting." Iris saluted Mercer. "That's all Commander, it was good to meet you. I'm sure tomorrow we will all get more acquainted." With that, she turned on her heel and made her way down the hall to her barracks.

When she found her door, she swiped her key card, allowing the door to slide open. It was a fairly simple set up, a little more plush than she would have expected, but from what she had seen from the facility so far, that wasn't all too surprising. On her neatly-made bed was her duffel bag. The rest of the room was devoid of personal items. She crossed over the length of the room and sat on the edge of her bed, the sliding door closing behind her. Tomorrow was their first day of training, and she'd be grateful for the extra sleep in the morning.

Mercer returned her salute and watched her step away for a moment, before turning himself and making his way down the hall to his own room. Beyond his door was his bed, with his bag laid gingerly on the perfectly made sheets. In that green duffle bag was an old style printed photo, framed in a worn oak picture frame. Two adults held a baby, new born, tight against their chest, staring intently, almost defiantly back at Mercer. They stood against a dark wooded wall, with a window pane cracked from weathering. Mercer picked up that photo and moved to a nob on the wall, changing the scenery. Instead of the white room he was in, he was in that cabin, watching the snow bluster around in violet beauty, beyond that thin cracked window pane.

Connor watched the black giant pull a holophoto out of his bag, and set it on his table. Connor bounced his green ball against the wall thoughtlessly, staring at the slender black woman in the photo, and the little girl before her.

"You got a family?" Barry looked back at Connor, then at the photo. When his eyes met the two beautiful women, his face grew soft, revealing a longing smile that went well on his muscular cheeks. "Yeah... They live on Hedron XY. Beautiful planet. After my final tour I will go home to them." Connor shrugged, catching and holding his ball. "That's sweet. I pegged you for a dad the moment you came in the room. You got diaper changing hands."

Barry stood up and turned to the sniper, lazing on his bed. "What about you, cowboy: Got a lady in your life?"

Connor laughed. "You kidding? I got em all. I lost track of how many women I wooed. I just have a knack with women, you see. I think its just my persona, you know?" Connor puffed out his chest with the lie. He was good at lying; it was comforting to paint the world before his own eyes. Most people saw the strokes of his mind over their own canvas, but others had a painting already, and didn't need the help.

"Yeah" Barry chuckled. "Thats why you struggled to compete with an AI for one woman's attention."
Connor scowled. "She doesn't even.... who cares about her anyway. She's a grease ball. I have higher standards than that." Barry only chuckled.

"So I am guessing you don't have a lady waiting for you at home?"

"I sure do. Names Xarala." Connor tosses the ball to Barry, who catches it: the green of the ball disappearing in his meaty mitts. The ball glowed for a moment and projected a moving image of Connor smiling and ruffling a dogs fur; german Shepard.

"She's a cutie." He said, tossing the ball back to Connor.

"Yeah, and a great wing woman. Can't tell you how many boxes she brought for me. I swear she has got some retriever in her."

Barry rolled his eyes, and laid back on his own bed. The lights in the room dimmed. "You ready for this?" Connor asked, all sarcasm slipping from his voice.

Barry closed his eyes, and brought his hands behind his head, completely comfortable despite his calves hanging over the side of the bed. "I'm always ready to take a step closer to home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back