• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hunter x Fandom x Roleplay

(This is different than what I'm used to. Please tell me if it doesn't fit or if there is something I can do in order to make the post better.)

Heaving a large sack of potatoes over his back, Yukiri looked down at the port's bright blue yet shallow waters, his reflection revealing an unknown emotion. Yukiri Azami was working another dreadful, labor-filled day in order to make enough money to survive. It wasn't too horrible though, it allowed him to train as well as make money at the same time. Plus, it gave him something to do rather than the alternative in having a constant aura of boredom surrounding him.

Sighing, he grabbed the last sack in his small sail boat and set it next to the others which sat there on the dock next to a merchants stand. "Oh, is that it? I thought I asked for 20. You're five short. Where are the others? You worthless brat!" Before Yukiri could respond with a reasonable excuse, the man kicked him directly in his gut trying to discipline the young kid for not fulfilling his expectations. However, Yukiri hardly flinched. The man fell to the floor holding his foot in hand yelping in pain.

Giving a slight smirk, Yukiri unsheathed one of his daggers, cutting all of the sacks open. One by one they plopped into the water below, and then gradually more and more grouped up as many potatoes began to fall into the water at once. He turned towards his now former boss, giving him a farewell salute.

Yukiri wasn't sure what he was to do at this point. With no money, no home, and nothing to do, he decided to hop upon a departing ship heading towards the annual Hunter Exam. It was something that had always crossed his mind, and now that he had the chance he decided to give it a shot. Things could only get better, so it seemed like an obvious decision to make. Especially since he would most likely have police and a practical bounty on his head for the continuous troubles he had caused in this town.

Isles groans as he waited for the boat to move already. He stood up and looked over board and saw a school of potato's "Well that's a little odd" he looked slightly above from were they fell it seemed like a young man had been the cause. Isles chuckled "Nice work" he said quietly to himself. He saw the guy get on the boat he smirked he walked over to the guy "You headed for the hunter's exam's?" he was aware of the strange aura around the guy, alot of people at the arena had there own aura.

"C'mon, almost there..." Codie muttered to herself as she raced toward the port. She had arrived in the seaside town later than she had anticipated due to her family's long goodbyes. Then again, she did have eight siblings, so it was to be expected that it would take a while. Despite most of them being in tears, they had all been incredibly supportive of her decision to partake in the Hunter's Exam. Even though they couldn't understand why she wanted to, she was glad that they hadn't tried to stop her. This was something that only she could do, alone and not with her brothers and sisters. She loved them all dearly, but she wanted something more than what was on that little farm, something that would make her stronger and more able to help people.

When she had finally left the farm to head to town, she realized that she would have to run to make it before the boat left. Now here she was, sprinting down a road and barely avoiding running into passersby. As she reached the docks and ran toward the ship she noticed potatoes bobbing in the water. She couldn't help but feel a little sad about that--someone had worked hard to grow and pick those only for them to end up ruined by seawater.

Codie practically leaped up onto the deck of the boat leading to the Hunter Exam. Her axe slung over her shoulder, she allowed herself to catch her breath as she glanced over the other people on board. The first ones she noticed were two boys and, without hesitation, she walked over to meet them.

"Hey guys! How ya doin'?" She greeted unnecessarily loudly. Always be proud and loud, as her father said.

Yukiri was quite hesitant before answering to such an obvious question. "Well, aren't we all?" Removing his hands from his pockets, he made a motion with his arms referring to everyone on the ship. Sighing, he held out his hand. "Uh, the name is Yukiri." He felt quite awkward, attempting to get to know people wasn't normal for him.

Before he had received an answer, and young girl about his age came running aboard the boat, just seconds before they began to depart from the docks. Caught off guard, Yukiri stared strangely at her, as she made her way them. He hadn't heard to many incidents of woman joining the Hunter Exam, much less someone as young as her.

Her aura resembled that of someone quite opposite of him. Her outgoing personality, very proud and happy. He wasn't sure whether he should respond to her, so he just stood there awkwardly.

Isles smirked "Well I guess I should restate the question" he shifted his body so that the question was for the both of them "Do you think you have what it takes to pass the exam's? I saw your show down below pretty skillful with a dagger" he shifted his eye's towards the girl "How about you, you seem to have the confident voice?" he spoke in a calm but joyful tone.

A young man in a suit boarded the vessel at harbor. He strode with his jacket hung over his shoulder. The expression on Nano's face was of single-minded intensity. He neither mingled nor made unnecessary eye-contact with the other passengers. This would be Nano's first, and last, experience with the hunter exam. His pace slowed abruptly as Nano made way inside the cabin. Cool slate eyes assessed the others in the ship. The supposed competition, although that indicated some of them posed a threat to him at all. Nano's gaze lingered on a group of people his age before he dismissed them as well.

The 15 year old perched against a wooden beam. Nano appraised the ship's dubious infrastructure with a sharp gaze. His lack of experience on a vessel left him wondering if boats were naturally rickety. Having calmed a space for himself, Nano turned his attention back on the other hunter exam hopefuls. He categorized them by weapon, when he could identify one. As well as general aura. Most of them were underwhelming.

Nano stared openly at the group of teenagers. The crescents under his eyes were accentuated by the dim light. Not accounting for anyone concealing their potential, those people were the highest level he sensed. He crossed his arms. Nano's blazer was still draped over his shoulder. "You guys are so loud." He said.

"The name's Codie! Nice to meet ya." Codie grabbed Yukiri's hand in a strong grip and gave it a hearty shake before letting go. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I had a chance." Codie pointed out, switching her axe to her other hand in emphasis. She turned her attention to the silver haired boy standing against one of the wooden beams.

"You can never be too loud! ...well, unless you're trying to calm down a horse or somethin'. I never was too good at that." She admitted sheepishly. She raised her free hand and beckoned him over. "Why don't you come over here? Got plenty of room. 'Sides, there's no telling how long the trip'll be. It'll be mighty boring if you just stand over there the whole time by yourself."

Feeling as if his arm were going to be ripped off, Yukiri backed away once she removed his hand from her grasp. He glanced over at the other boy, a little irritated with his statement. Do I think I'm good enough to pass? Why don't you ask yourself that question bud. He shook his head and put his hands back in his pockets. After hearing Codie speak, he couldn't help but reveal a slight smirk. Maybe this new life may be just what he needed. That thought calmed him, as he closed his eyes during a passing of a calm breeze.

For a moment, Nano seized in a dumbfounded attempt to comprehended the girl's greeting. His eyes narrowed in anticipation of a underline motive. And then enlarged when she seemed sincere. Nano turned his face away. To recollect his indifferent expression. His hair fell into his eyes. A complete stranger managed to make him frazzled in a matter of seconds. Overly enthusiastic people were rare in the orphanage. Fortunately. Nano found them unsettling in a completely different way than an adversary.

Instead of ignoring Codie, which was actually Nano's first instinct, he stepped closer. The proximity gave him a chance to study the other two up close. "I'm Nano Ghostburough." He said. "I'm going to pass the hunter exam." That announcement was delivered with the dispassion of something already decided.

"If we ever reach shore." Nano's posture went rigid. "So, any idea how long this ship ride will be?" His gaze darted to the floorboards. A pained expression crossed his face. Everything felt unsteady. It was difficult to tell with his skin tone, but Nano's knuckles were clenched white. He slid his hands into his pockets.

Isles chuckled and replied to Yukiri "Good to know" he was aware to the fact that most likely no examine would have doubt in there skill what he was really looking for is the way they responded. Isles could tell from his response that he was timid but not weak willed. He was unsure about the girl she seemed overly enthusiastic something in his opinion hard to gauge though Nano was a easy accusation. He didn't read them as opponents nor rivals he just wanted to know who to admire during the exam seeing as many people could become hunters.

Satisfied that Nano had joined them, Codie placed a finger on her chin in thought. "Hm...nope." She answered to Nano's question. "These exam things are pretty secretive. The only thing I could figure out was when and where the boat was, so I have no idea how long it'll be." She looked to the male that had asked if they thought the could pass the exam.

"Do you know..." She paused, realizing she didn't know the guy's name. "Er, if ya don't mind me askin', what's your name?"

Nano followed the Codie's gaze toward the other young man. He scrutinized him with a scowl. There was an offness about him and Nano distrusted. The water rocked underneath his feet. Nano ground his jaw even more. For once it had less to do with his company than a irrational fear he couldn't ignore. He anchored himself to the nearest wood beam. A flicker of extreme annoyance crossed his face, entirely self-directed. "You mentioned horses. Do you live inland?" Nano asked.

Yukiri realized that Codie had interrupted his attempt at asking for the guy's name. He too looked toward the man, wondering if he would tell. "Yes, I was wondering his name myself." Yukiri said, beginning to look towards the man who commented on his little event with the potatoes.

Before receiving an answer, one of the older guys on the ship walked towards the small group. The man was quite tall, a build that resembled that of a gorilla. The ship seemed as if it rocked by each of his steps. "You don't belong on this ship." His voice roared with his attempt at intimidation.

(I expect this character approaching ours will be a main character. I will create his sheet later.)

Isles wasn't aware that he didn't introduce himself, he assumed that after a while everyone he spoke to knew him he was a regular in York New city and was in god acquaintances with Heavens Arena so people knew his face. He had been traveling a lot lately but hasn't met many people and if he did they were probably unconscious or worse. He frowns "I apologize my names Isles Sonnien" he replied unaware of the man.

Nano tensed almost imperceptibly. His eyes narrowed at that name. Isles Sonnien. As much as Nano ignored rumors on general principle, he recognized Isles now by reputation alone. His apathy toward the man transformed as he considered if Isles was someone he wanted to fight. Nano identified the source of his dislike for him. If rumor was believable, Isles was a criminal. At worst a murderer. Nano clenched his fists to suppress a surge of menacing nen. His lapse of control wasn't uncommon when faced with human trash.

Nano glanced away from Isles long enough to note the man intruding on their group. It crossed his mind that hitting someone might distract him from the depth and ungraspable magnitude of the ocean. "Who are you to judge which people belong on this ship?" Nano asked. In other circumstance he might have sounded less hostile.

Codie's eyes narrowed, her smile losing its friendliness and gaining a warning edge. "Now, I don't like bein' rude, but you ain't got no right to be telling us that. Now I kindly suggest you change that attitude." She had no patience for people who outright tried to insult not only her, but others as well. She wasn't about to let the man's size intimidate her.

Nano intertwined his arms and assessed the newcomer. A new light in his slate eyes. Codie's sudden aggressive personality made him sensitive to the fact people weren't always as they appeared. "Is there something you want?" Nano asked. He scrutinized the man's clothes. "Do you work on this ship?" Or was he another candidate for the hunter exam?

The man started to laugh in a bellowing manner, almost replicating that of thunder. He stepped closer to the group, blocking the sun creating a distinct shadow over them. His size was incredible. "Young lady, I don't like your tone. I have half a mind to kill you where you stand. I mean, you are already dead if you rats think you have the ability to pass the Exam." He continued to laugh, as his goons began to join him.

Yukiri didn't like this guy. He stepped in front of the others and looked him in the eye. "You should leave us alone." He said in a very calm manner, with his hands still in his pockets. The man stopped laughing and stared down at Yukiri with a very large grin. The man's brute attitude showed ever so clearly as he struck Yukiri in the gut. This sent him flying into the air, as well as causing the man immense pain. Yukiri fell peacefully to his feet, giving the man a grim look.

Isles chuckled at the man he knew that the talking type was the most fun he couldn't help but imagine how the man would beg for mercy, before he thought the exams were a good idea now his goals stood before him. He saw how Yukiri took a stand, he proved even more courageous. Sadly he was knocked away though recovered easily which was impressive but Isles could have taken the punch and be pushed back just a step. He turned to the large man with a smile filled with joy "I wish you the best in the exams" he was speaking sincerely concerned for the man well being if he did not become a hunter then he was fair game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back