• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hunted

Aura

One Thousand Club
Six months ago a deadly infection ravaged humanity and brought it to its knees as it transformed humans into monsters with a single bite.

Stage 1: http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/rubberchickensoffear/Super06_zps06b1a8bd.jpg

Duration: From bite to approximately 1 week

This is the transition stage. This is the week where you will either grow feverish and die or begin to turn into a monster. Fangs begin to appear at the gum-line and senses begin to enhance. A hunger that cannot be satisfied creeps in and open wounds can incite blood-lust. The longer the bite is ignored, the more the individual declines and stage one ends when the individual is lost. No sensitivity to sunlight.

Stage 2: http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/rubberchickensoffear/Kids-Vampire-Costume_zps785a59ab.jpg

Duration: Approximately 1 weeks to 3 months

Vampires at stage two can be identified by their pointed teeth, their ashy grey skin, but most obviously their black eyes. They lack human emotion and empathy, but they have retained much of their human ingenuity and intelligence. Twos have enhanced senses and reflexes, but can use human cues such as tire tracks to hunt as they can only smell blood from nearby open wounds. Twos seem to be aware of their human resemblance and they have traditionally used this to lure people to them. Twos have an accelerated healing rate, but they can be killed in any way that you could kill a human. They develop a sensitivity to sunlight and can emerge to hunt at dawn and dusk for about an hour or less and they will return to a nest during the prime daylight hours... they can hunt on fully cloudy/stormy days. Most common.

Stage 3: http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/rubberchickensoffear/vamp_zpsfb0b2708.jpg

Duration: 3-6 months

By the time a vamp has reached stage three, its resemblance to human has considerably lessened. All hair has fallen out, all teeth are sharp, and their skin has grown tough and leathery. At this stage their durability and healing factor have both increased, meaning that direct shots to the head or heart will kill them, but unless severe, other injuries will only slow them. Fire is more potent of a threat to threes than twos and they only emerge to hunt ten-fifteen minutes before the sun has fully set. They can hunt on extremely stormy days (i.e. black clouds). Their reflexes are now above human and they can move faster and are stronger than humans. They can smell open wounds for several blocks and track these wounds. Fairly common.

Stage 4: http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af130/rubberchickensoffear/bat_zps94b7c77b.jpg (- Not quite right, but it was the closest image to match my vision - imagine more menacing and the head of a stage three.)

Duration: 6 months-??

Extremely rare. The sightings of four have been few, as the infection has only been around for just over six months, but their presence is very dangerous. All fat has been eaten away so that they are now densely packed muscle. Their intelligence has dropped so their only focus is on their next meal, but they can move at unnerving speed and they have the ability to tear through walls and push aside cars with little effort. The most terrifying change of course is their ability to take flight and the intense changes to their tracking skills. Now, they can smell the blood in the veins of humans within a two-block radius. Only direct bullets to the head can kill these beasts, or fire. Fours have an intense aversion to light, only emerging to hunt about half an hour after the sun has set, flashlights can temporarily stun them and they have an intense aversion to fire. Nobody can confirm, but the rumour is that fours light up like paper.

-All vampires can communicate with each other through piercing howls. It is better to approach twos with melee weapons as their cries can attract worse enemies.

-Twos prefer to hunt in packs though threes and fours hunt solo.

-Regardless of stage, all vampires tend to congregate in common places during the day to hide from the sun, i.e. nests. When foraging for supplies, nests need to be considered. Twos can board up windows to protect themselves from sunshine so any boarded building should be approached with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back