• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Humanity characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Darkbloom

Storm King of Superheroes
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi all! I have premade the sheet for Adam, but here's the template for the research team. If you use a picture, all I ask is no real life pictures. Everything else works.

Character Name:
Occupation/Role in Sanctuary:
Appearance:
Personality Traits:
Background/History:
Skills/Abilities:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Goals/Motivations:
Relationships/Interactions with other characters:
Additional Notes:

Last edited:
9c4b787a160b202dd306f93265bb99d6.jpg
Character Name: Sylvanna Price
Sex: Female
Occupation/Role in Sanctuary: Agriculture scientist/Ecologist

Appearance: Short and fit with a surprising amount of strength. She stands at about 5'2 but don't think she isn't capable of hoisting sacks of potatoes that outweigh her, rare as that may be these days. Though she doesn't typically wear them otherwise, while she's in the garden or while reading she has big round glasses.

Personality Traits: Sylvanna can be summed up in a handful of words: competent, mild, and confident. She's was once the eldest sibling in her family and it's easy to tell. While her form of affection is 'tough love' and you won't find her getting visibly flustered over pretty much anything, she's responsible and caring in her own ways. That being said, Sylv has a shorter temper than most.

Background/History: Sylvanna was raised with earth and green. Her parents both worked in agriculture and worked ceaslessly to cultivate a wealth of crops, as well as a large family. Sylvanna's the only one left now, save for her cousin's kid, Meg, who she took in when their bodies were discovered. She never really thought about having kids - having siblings was far more than enough for her - and didn't entertain much in the ways of romance, but Meg is alright. They have each other, and get along fine. At the end of it all, they're family and having genuine family in times like these is rare.

Skills/Abilities: Microbiology, agricultural science, artificial pollination techniques and species splicing.

Strengths: Physical strength, organization, public speaking, intelligence, curiosity
Weaknesses: Short fuse, she can plant and grow the food but don't let her cook it, awkward with affection

Goals/Motivations: Keep the colony alive, don't let humanity die. Planting potatoes and other crops seems like a simple enough job but the pressure comes with knowing that if she isn't able to cultivate and produce enough, people will die. People need food to live and she's the one with the knowledge to keep things growing, even in an environment that isn't always so kind to her efforts.

Relationships/Interactions with other characters: Guardian of her late cousin's daughter, Meg.

Last edited:
monkeydoll555 monkeydoll555

Character Name: Adam

Screenshot_20240428-130211.png

Appearance: Adam appears to be in his late 20s to early 30s, with striking features and an air of mystery. His eyes are a piercing shade of blue, and his presence commands attention wherever he goes. Despite his age, he possesses a timeless quality, with an aura of strength and resilience.

Background: Adam's origins are shrouded in secrecy, with little known about his past prior to his awakening in the underground research facility known as Sanctuary. He was once a subject of a clandestine experiment aimed at enhancing human potential, but the details of his involvement and the identities of those responsible remain a mystery.

Personality: Adam is enigmatic and reserved, with a quiet intensity that belies his outward calm. He possesses a keen intellect and a sharp wit, often surprising those around him with his depth of knowledge and insight. Despite his formidable abilities, he remains humble and compassionate, driven by a sense of duty to protect those in need.

Abilities:

1. Enhanced Strength and Agility: Adam possesses strength and agility far beyond that of a normal human, allowing him to perform incredible feats of athleticism and overpower opponents in combat.

2. Advanced Healing: Adam has the ability to heal from injuries at an accelerated rate, allowing him to withstand even the most dire of circumstances.

3. Telekinesis: Adam can manipulate objects with his mind, moving them at will without physical contact. This power grants him both offensive and defensive capabilities in battle.

4. Energy Manipulation: Adam can harness and manipulate various forms of energy, including electromagnetic, thermal, and kinetic energy. He can channel this energy into powerful blasts or shields to protect himself and others.

5. Enhanced Senses: Adam's senses are heightened to extraordinary levels, granting him keen awareness of his surroundings and making him a formidable strategist and tracker.

6. Telepathy: Adam possesses limited telepathic abilities, allowing him to communicate with others through mental projection and perceive their thoughts and emotions to some extent.

7. Immunity to Disease and Aging: Due to his unique physiology, Adam is immune to most diseases and does not age like a normal human, granting him longevity and resilience against the ravages of time.

Last edited:

Koran Pope

• OIG1.jpegName: Koran Pope

Sex: Male

Profession: Engineer

Appearance

Eyes: Deep, dark hazel (appears brown in darker lighting)

Hair: Medium length, wavy brown hair

Height: 5” 10’

Weight: 190 lbs

Skin: Olive toned

Last edited:
Character Name: Olivine Martin Alvarez

Sex: Male (F to M)

Occupation/Role in Sanctuary: Ethicist

Appearance: (in photo attached I drew it!)

Personality Traits: ambition, charisma, charity.

Background/History: Olivine was born sometime unknown according to his records, him and his twin brother were born to their mother Iris and their father Matos. (New lore) Olivine worked as a cartoon illustrator for the local television studio until filling his roll to do something else in life. Thus him ended up in his current role.

Skills/Abilities: N/A

Strengths: book smart, emotionally intelligent.

Weaknesses: can become easily influenced by his own emotions when he feel one he is not being taken seriously.

Goals/Motivations: to ensure everyone is properly taken care of and has the tools needed to ensure they are prepared with appropriate resources.

Relationships/Interactions with other characters: N/A aka their just his co-workers/acquaintances but they can open up to allow other relationships friend, enemy or otherwise

Additional Notes: I hope to round him out a bit better! I haven’t really gotten a chance to yet!!

Untitled268_20240222084031.jpeg

Character Name: Marv Timmins
Sex: M
Occupation/Role in Sanctuary: Human Behavior Researcher ('they keep confusing me for HR! I can't do human resources!')

Appearance: Lazy black hair with a-many a fly-aways. Uncoordinatedly-shaved stubbles of dark facial hair; messy, thick, sturdy eyebrows. They tend to twitch and quirk when he gets particularly expressive... however, usually he is one to sit back and observe, not participate or fight. He's 5'8, an average height, but has the demeanor of a much taller person, he acts as if he was large and lanky. If one were to ask a person on the street, "is Marv more like a horizontal or vertical line," They'd say vertical, even though he is quite broad in his shoulders and upper-arms. Some people, who know Marv better than the average person, might otherwise describe him as "a diagonal line", which accords nicely alongside his personality.

Marv wears ill-suiting grandpa fashion; thick, wooly sweaters, shirts with collars, button-ups. He prefers dark jeans, or straight black workpants, wears cardigans or his old and well-worn dark puffer-coat.

Always wears a lanyard -- many people wonder why, as there is no great use for his lanyard. Nothing is attached to it, but perhaps he is keeping it open for the day that he has something to attach to it -- ? Who knows, really. Marv is just a bit of a strange guy, and this is easily picked up on when looking at him.

He has a sharp, straight nose. His eyes are brown.

Personality Traits:

- Overall, a sweetheart, but often garners more pity than respect.
- Awkward, has a good heart but issues translating that to others.
- Often runs into social blunders and mishaps.
- A bit gullible, and has the tendency to take things at face-value; however, when it comes to people, he is always asking why, and wanting to challenge people on their own understanding of themselves.
- He treats others with great respect and amiability, and believes that you can learn something valuable from anyone you meet.
- Marv is not someone you should rely on for important tasks. He is often bright in all of the wrong places, his mom would say. He can't file your taxes, but he can tell you why you're scared of death. Insightful, sure. Useful... eh... Depends what you need.

Background/History: I don't know what exactly happened, but I know that Marv accidentally found himself thrown into this group after trying his best and failing in many other areas of his life. Fired from other jobs, flunked college, what have you. He definitely ended up working in the group because he was lucky enough to have someone who knew someone who was involved with Adam or the research team, and they felt enough pity on him to introduce him to the group, and then essentially became a... personality hire.

Skills/Abilities:

Strengths: Good at understanding others. Full of social blunders, but he is incredibly earnest, and naturally tends to make space for others to open up. Most people would feel safe around Marv. Very data driven, likes to "connect pieces together", loves to hypothesis and test.

Weaknesses: I feel as if this section is apparent from all of the other things I've said about him. He's a sweetheart, well-meaning, a bit obtuse and unhelpful at times.

Goals/Motivations: Wants to connect with others; find his 'purpose', do something good for the world.

Relationships/Interactions with other characters: I'm not sure. I think he'd often hang around Adam because he doesn't know how to hang around others, make friends in groups... I imagine him standing around Adam like a son does to his dad, when his dad's taken him to work and is chatting with co-workers. That awkward, little, I-don't-know-what-I'm-supposed-to-do desperate feeling you get when you're a kid. That's how Marv consistently acts. He's the physical manifestation of 'what do I do with my hands???'

Additional Notes:

download20240406032730.png
picrew pic :)

Last edited:
meg.png
Character Name: Margaret "Meg" Belkin
Sex: Female
Occupation/Role in Sanctuary: Scout, general helper

Appearance: 4'10 and thin. She gets into a lot of trouble and always has some sort of bandages or bruises. She's only 12 but her hands are already calloused from hard work - a sign of the times.

Personality Traits: To put it shortly, she's a brat. Hardworking, but still a brat and a bully. Turns out losing most your family and not really having any other kids around to socialize with makes a great environment for fostering personality issues. She follows orders fine and likes doing work around the garden plots or kitchen, but she also likes looking down on people she thinks are weak, probably because she's projecting and doesn't want to admit that she's scared too.

Background/History: Kelsey and Isaiah Belkin brought her into the world but didn't stick around very long after. She was 7 when they passed, leaving her in the care of her father's cousin, Sylvanna. She'd met the lady a good amount of times - their remaining family was pretty tight knit then, they sorta had to be - but it definitely wasn't a smooth transition. She'd run away, well as far as someone could run away in the bunker, and put up quite the fight. Thinking back on it now, Meg is pretty embarrassed about how childish she'd been then, when Sylvanna was just trying to help her. They get along well now, Meg appreciating that Sylvanna is smart and strong despite only being a few inches taller than a 12 year old, and Sylvanna giving Meg the freedom and space to work and explore.

Skills/Abilities: Climbing, gardening, falling asleep literally anywhere.

Strengths: She's small and thin and can get into spaces others can't, doesn't get flustered or outwardly frightened easily, observant.
Weaknesses: Doesn't have many/any friends, an even shorter fuse than Sylvanna, not very strong.

Goals/Motivations: For now, survive and be useful. If she's useful, people don't have to like her.

Relationships/Interactions with other characters: Raised by Sylvanna after her parents died in an accident. She respects her.
Additional Notes: Meg still has her baby blanket hidden away in her stash of things and sleeps with it as often as she can, even if it's barely more than a rag. If anyone ever said anything about it though she'd probably throw hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back