Experiences Human vs AI

smookie

So I saw a discussion about an AI roleplay! Crazy, right?

Supposedly you describe a setting and plot along with the characters and the online AI is able to respond as the character you want to rp against.

People said they chose that type of rp because they were tired of unreliable or incompatible partners. I suspect it's probably mostly about wish fulfillment and a quick fix. And the quality and accuracy of AI posts is probably far from satisfying.

Has anyone tried AI roleplaying? What do you think about it? Human interaction is part of fun for me so for me the idea is mindblowing.

Seems like it might be fun as a time waster but I don’t know as I would want to do an actual roleplay.

It would be a fun way to work out scenes though, if you wrote yourself into a corner you might get some fun ideas from doing AI prompts,

We've actually used AI yesterday to generate plots for rp with a friend. Described the setting and the character and asked to make up plots with the character. It managed to give us some really fun ideas that were suitable for the type of rp we were aiming for (absurdist comedy lol).

I've tried to ask ai to write posts, but I found that their writing is much more... monotone, compared to real players. While they describe facts and locations well, there is not much personality in the writing. So it could be fun for a while to rp with ai, but I would still prefer to rp with real people, even if they ghost sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back