Human Village

It was late at night. His feet brought him into a deserted place. He sat on the broad grass, then leaned on a big tree behind him. Skye opened his blank music book where his pencil and eraser had been towed in it. He put the eraser near him, then took his pencil out ; he was ready to write.

"........"

He closed his eyes, feeling the wind that was blowing his tiny body. It felt a bit cold since he didn't wear a jacket, but his fantasy made him forget about the reality. Skye began to compose the music, starting with the first key in C major.

"Hm~ Hmhmhm~ Nana..."

He wrote the music note in accordance with his tone he chanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't know where he had walked to. But then he heard a singing voice, Sanatio continued to walk. When he raised his head, he found himself walking through a grass field.

"This isn't a part of Elf's realm..." He whisper quietly. Then, he saw someone sat under a tree. But he didn't want to disturb him, so he let him be...

He was still humming, enjoying every tone he chanted.

"Hm~ hm hm hm dudu~ du bamba~ bam bam~ hmhm—"

Skye suddenly stopped, feeling someone's presence by the sharp sense of his. He turned around and vaguely saw a person who was standing in a distance.

"Uhm....?"

He tilted his head and sharpened his eyes in curiosity, wanting to make sure that his eyesight was right.

Sanatio was surprised when the song stopped. He was sure that no one would notice him, since he was so quiet. But then he heard "Uhm..." Which meant that he had been spotted.

"I'm so sorry to disturb you. I didn't mean to... But there is something i need to give you." Sanatio walked to Skye and reached out his empty hand.

He saw the curious expression in the other's eyes. In his hand, a mirror was forming.

Hiroshi had been walking for a good while. He stumbled upon a village, deciding to walk in. He held his blade in one hand, walking slowly through the village, only realizing it were full of humans when a guy approached him. Not only was the man a pervert, but another to assume him of the opposite gender. "I do believe you're assuming the wrong gender of me." He spun the blade forward, spinning in a circle in the air a few times, blade wrapped around himself. The man had several scratches across his chest, though nothing fatal. His shirt had also been torn up, the man running from Hiroshi as soon as they get a chance. "Kaguya, I think we've stumbled upon a village of humans. Should we try talking to them, or...?" Hiroshi kept walking while Kaguya responded. "It would be good to at least try and talk to them, though it would be pretty hard while we have a blade or scythe..."

It felt like only mere minutes since Artois had departed from his castle. But here he was, standing at the border of the Human Village, clad in a dark-blue cloak with a hood that prevented the sun from burning against his skin. The trip from the Vampire’s Castle (his castle) to the village was unsurprisingly short and not so exhausting, even though he was running all the way from there to here, thanks to vampire’s speed and strength. It was convenient; though it would’ve been nicer if he had the ability to just open up portal to go to where he wanted to. Unfortunately, it wasn’t a gift that his species was bestowed to, but one shouldn’t be too demanding, right?

Standing hidden between the trees of the forest that surrounded the village, his red eyes were scanning the view in front of him, watching. This was the Human Village, a rather crowded place full of humans and objects of their creations. He watched the humans filled the streets, interacting with each other and just went about doing their activities. Even in the daylight under the scorching sun, they were just as vibrant and lively as they always were. It was as if they were blinded by the false security of being inside their own crowd and territory, unaware of bad things that still might happen to them.

(Things like Demons. Like Grim Reapers.

Like us.)

Artois snickered. “It’s cute how humans can actually look so ignorant, so innocent, and so…vulnerable, like they have no sense of danger at all. Don’t you think so?”

@WhimsicalWriter

The trip was fairly short and, before he knew it, they were at the edge of the human territory. Pulling his dark green cloak closer around him, Emrys peered out between the trees at the humans. They milled about their daily lives, laughing and smiling, completely unaware of the danger lurking hardly a few feet away.

It wasn't their fault that their senses weren't as keen as his. Emrys almost wanted to pity them. Almost.

"They probably wouldn't suspect anything until we're right in front of them. They rely on sight too much." He agreed quietly. It honestly amazed him sometimes to think that humans had survived this long. Although he supposed it was a good thing they did; otherwise he wouldn't have any good meals to catch.

Ares finally arrived at the human village. Looking around, examining the locations he had arrived to, the demon sensed a grim reaper near his location. Raising his left eyebrow at the presence, Ares was curious. Was the said grim reaper there for the same purpose as him or was it other reasons? Whichever one it was, The Blood Bender knew it wasn't his business. Calmly put on his hoods, Ares walked toward the said grim reaper and noticed something different with the guest. Silently approaching the grim reaper, Ares greeted as he smiled, "What a pleasure to see a grim reaper here?"

@Miyuki

Hiroshi turned around, blade still around his body from having sent a man running. "Do you need something...?" He spun the blade all the way around his body, and while the handle would normally come back around over his shoulder, the entire blade started to vanish, now entirely gone. He seemed quite friendly at the moment, as well as it was clear he knew he was talking to a demon. "Kaguya, looks like we get to talk with somebody after all." Kaguya woke up, and started to pay attention to the person in front of them. "Well, be sure to let them know I said hi before they leave," Kaguya said in a jokingly manner to Hiroshi.

A smile still fixed itself on the demon's face. Ares saw the weapon for a while and was astonished to see such weapon. He knew it was rare but since Ares came in peace and the race was neutral, The Blood Bender decided to lay low and not making any trouble. The Demon Master answered with gentle voice, "I am merely searching for something I lost." There was a presence he could feel out of this demon that made Ares wondered, "I felt two presence from you, Mr. Grimreaper or should I say Mr. Grimreapers?"

@Miyuki

Hiroshi was just a little surprised, though not by the fact that Ares could tell he had a second person inside of him. He was surprised by the fact his gender wasn't mistaken by this person. "Just call me Hiroshi." Hiroshi sees the same person who he had to cut up earlier come jumping at him in an attempt to get back for the scratches across his chest. Hiroshi simply turns around, the man slowly floating into Hiroshi's hand, whereupon Hiroshi slams him into the ground, hard enough to knock him out, though doesn't cause any actual harm. "I come to this place to talk with people, and rather, I get attacked by some perverted man who's mistaken my gender... Makes me wish I were born with a body that actually reflected my gender..."

Hiroshi turned back to Ares, having practically ignored that Ares was able to feel Kaguya inside of him. Kaguya decided to go to sleep, which in turn, erased Kaguya's presence, as when one rests, they get buried deeply into the back of the mind, protected from all else, and all else, protected from them. Hiroshi was even about to get payback on Kaguya for something he did to Him earlier, too. "Kaguya, you coward... Next time you want me to talk to people for you, I'm not going to." Hiroshi was trying to decide how to proceed. Normally, he would have plenty of ways to keep a conversation going, but the past few days, he'd been drawing blanks. He decided to just offer to help with what Ares lost. "Perhaps I could help you search for whatever you've lost."

“Speaking from experience there, hm?” Artois smirked, tilting his head slightly.

The vampire crossed his arms, contemplating on what way would be more entertaining to catch their prey. They could just easily lure some humans out of the village with their abilities, though really, that would be no fun at all. Perhaps he could convince the other to use his ability to mess with the humans for a bit before they have their meal. That would be brilliant.

A frown made its way to Artois's face. The vampire tapped his foot with annoyance. Something was nagging him since the time he started to get close to the village, a strange feeling of sensing the presences of some other beings. He wasn’t familiar with the presences, but he could definitely recognize the cold feeling of ‘death’ oozing out from one of it. It was, most probably, a Grim Reaper’s.

'What business does a Grim Reaper have in human village?' And here he thought that Grim Reaper rarely ever leave that grim realm of theirs.

And the other presence that had just appeared near the Grim Reaper… was it a Demon? A Grim Reaper and a demon, hm... that usually spelled for trouble.

He tapped his fingers lightly. His lips formed into a grin, full of impious amusement.

“Emrys, we seem to have some other company in the village,” he spoke. “So, what do you say we go and visit them?”

@WhimsicalWriter

The Demon Master chuckled, brushed off some dirt on his sleeves from his travelling methode, and bowed slightly to the Grim Reaper in front of him, "I'm The Blood Bender from the Demon Race but you may call me Ares." Observing every details of the man, one could mistake him as a female, "It would be nice if you had a body that reflected your gender, but, with this body you can take down your enemy at the most unpredictable time and ways." Ares brushed his hair to the back. That action made his tatto on his hand showed slightly.

What an interesting race to observe though. One moment, Ares could feel the second presence even if it's faint and then one moment later, he could not. A coincidence? Ares shook his head mentally. It was certainly not. At the offered help, The Blood Bender used his ability to detect any intruders in order to checked the condition. Oh, what an unexpected turn of fate that there were other races here and the particular race he searched for among those races.

"You, Hiroshi-sama, will be a great help for me", and a dark smirk was what Ares offered to the Grimreaper.

@Miyuki

Hiroshi could also tell there were others around. He decided to just give in to his girl-like appearance for a while, though didn't have to do a thing about his voice, as it was always one that could be either gender. He looked at Ares, having never said anything on the subject of his gender himself. "W-what do you mean... a body that reflects... my gender...? D-did I... come off as another gender again...?" He, or rather, 'she', had already learned to utilize his other-gender appearance, to the point he could even get himself and Kaguya to believe he's a girl at times, despite them clearly knowing his real gender. He even layered it off with a slight blush that came in a way it looked like it were trying to be held back, thus slowly came in over the course of the conversation. "A-ah...! H-Hiroshi-sama...? A-are you trying to flirt with me...?" He started to play with his fingers lightly, blushing a little more. He was starting to have a little fun, almost positive he could trick Ares, as he's even tricked people that can tell a gender without even looking at, smelling, or hearing a person. 'Shyly', he continued to speak a little, looking down slightly and away to make his act perfect. "I-I'm not used to having somebody flirt with me... I-I suppose... I could still help you though..."

His sense was right ; there was someone watched him from afar. Skye stood up when the person was starting to walk towards him. After a nebulous was getting closer, he then finally found a tall man with long black hair who wore glasses in front of his eyes. He bowed as a sign of respect, then smiled.

“Good day to you.”

His eyes widened as he heard an apology from the man. The uncomfortable sense and the uneasy feeling had brought him into an unsettled world. He immediately spoke up,

“N—nonono, Sir. I’m the one who should make the apology since my singing voice was been disturbing you. I-I…I really am so—“

His words suddenly truncated by the man’s sudden action, where his hand reached by him until a mirror been placed on his hand. Skye puzzled.

“Eh…? A mirror…? Uhm…Sir, why do you give me this mirror? Do you…want me to fix it? Or...something else?”

He observed the mirror, scrutinizing it little by little on the every patterns.

[ @Aie0308 ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back