• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

HTML Help

Shog

The Infinite Being
So maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't get my HTML to work.  Before anyone asks, yes I do know how to use HTML.  I still have a website I've designed on my computer.  My problem is getting it to work in posts.  Whenever I try to get a post with HTML in it all of the code will show up as opposed to what I tried to code.  I guess my main questions are: What code do I start with (opening HTML, body, etc.)?  Is there any specific code that cannot be used (other than that which alters the page and breakes site rules)?  Any help would be appreciated.

So maybe I'm just stupid, but I can't get my HTML to work.  Before anyone asks, yes I do know how to use HTML.  I still have a website I've designed on my computer.  My problem is getting it to work in posts.  Whenever I try to get a post with HTML in it all of the code will show up as opposed to what I tried to code.  I guess my main questions are: What code do I start with (opening HTML, body, etc.)?  Is there any specific code that cannot be used (other than that which alters the page and breakes site rules)?  Any help would be appreciated.

Number one thing is - make sure you're actually switching to the "Source" text input.

Other than that, basically imagine everything you type is within <body></body> tags (but don't actually write those tags)?

Maybe a screenshot of what's happening for you might help?

On RpNation, the <body> tags are not necessary.  If you are adding CSS and <style> tags, you should open your coding with a blank paragraph.  For some reason, this makes it work better. x3

Number one thing is - make sure you're actually switching to the "Source" text input.

Other than that, basically imagine everything you type is within <body></body> tags (but don't actually write those tags)?

Maybe a screenshot of what's happening for you might help?

On RpNation, the <body> tags are not necessary.  If you are adding CSS and <style> tags, you should open your coding with a blank paragraph.  For some reason, this makes it work better. x3

Thank you both.  I'll try this out.

It doesn't seem to be working still.  Here is a sample of something simple.

<p>If this suddenly works then I give up.</p>

I used the HTML setting for that.

It doesn't seem to be working still.  Here is a sample of something simple.

<p>If this suddenly works then I give up.</p>

I used the HTML setting for that.

As in used the brackets labeled "code"? 

Don't use that. You are supposed to hit the source button. It is the left most button on the editor. 

The code button that looks like this: <> is a button used when you want to enter in something and not have it be parsed. The site will only use code you enter when in the Source mode. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I was using the button between the quotes and emoticon buttons.  This makes so much more sense now, than you all!

Edit: I have tested this and know it works beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back