Hrm..I'll get started here.

Allibi

A letter from Reasoning
Hello guys, nice to meet you. New guy here.

I am really not sure what to write here though. And it been a decade since I rattled my noddles on roleplay forums as these.

I'll be placing myself in your care. Please don't crush me.

As for what I like to roleplay, well, fantasy would be first, and sci-fi second ? I'm not really sure anymore. Anyhow, I'll peek around and find some stuff. Do invite if you can for new starting RPs.

PS : Trying to get some image up for my avatar and stuff. Which I'm still not sure what to do with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Allibi said:
Hello guys, nice to meet you. New guy here.
I am really not sure what to write here though. And it been a decade since I rattled my noddles on roleplay forums as these.

I'll be placing myself in your care. Please don't crush me.

As for what I like to roleplay, well, fantasy would be first, and sci-fi second ? I'm not really sure anymore. Anyhow, I'll peek around and find some stuff. Do invite if you can for new starting RPs.
I'm new too not sure what to write either, sorry!

Well Herro Allibi and welcome to the land of wonders, dreams, unicorns and many more fantastical things.

Well, that was a jokey statement but holds elements of truth to it. Welcome to RpN :) I promise we won't crush you... well maybe with hugs and jokes and friendship...

If you've poked around, you'll have probably already spotted the multiple genres out there to get involved with, including the hosted projects which are great fun. However, before I ramble too much, let me say you have excellent taste.

I'm usually found in the Sci-fi section myself, but I dabble from time to time in other boards.

Anyway, hope to see you on the boards Allibi and if you have any questions or just to chat, hit me up! :)

Lokipi said:
Well Herro Allibi and welcome to the land of wonders, dreams, unicorns and many more fantastical things.
Well, that was a jokey statement but holds elements of truth to it. Welcome to RpN :) I promise we won't crush you... well maybe with hugs and jokes and friendship...

If you've poked around, you'll have probably already spotted the multiple genres out there to get involved with, including the hosted projects which are great fun. However, before I ramble too much, let me say you have excellent taste.

I'm usually found in the Sci-fi section myself, but I dabble from time to time in other boards.

Anyway, hope to see you on the boards Allibi and if you have any questions or just to chat, hit me up! :)
Cool.

Thanks for the greeting Loki and Karen. I've been poking around this place, and I do have some questions about the proper etique in roleplay posting.

Is there a beginner section that I can get the ball rolling ?

Is there any new RPs or ongoing RPs that I can join without much reading followthrough ?

Allibi said:
Thanks for the greeting Loki and Karen. I've been poking around this place, and I do have some questions about the proper etique in roleplay posting.
Is there a beginner section that I can get the ball rolling ?

Is there any new RPs or ongoing RPs that I can join without much reading followthrough ?
Well for the beginner section, not so much but we do have prefixes which will help you pick which rp suits your style/wants. An explanation of what each of these prefixes mean (Simple, Casual and Details) can be found in a thread pinned to the top of any of the genre boards titled Prefixes list .

Normally, for minimal setup and reading, simple is a good way to go. But if you like slightly longer posts, look into some of the casual or detailed threads. They might take a little longer to set up, but it's worth it if that suits your style or preferences. But, every GM runs their game slightly differently, so having a quick scan is always recommended.

As for joining roleplays, that comes to surfing through the different boards and seeing if there is anything that stands out to you. This can be done by checking out the interest check sections for each genre. Fantasy and Futuristic/sci-fi.

If there's a rp already up and running that you like the look of, just post in the OOC part of that rp and ask if there's a space :) It's how I get involved in most of my rps :D Some running rps also put *always accepting* or *spaces open* in their title as well, to help get new people in.

I would link things but a lot of different roleplays have different feels. Anything more specific that you like @Allibi ?

As I mean there is House of Cards (Casual) in the fantasy section which currently open, if you want to check that out? :)

If you select any board, you'll find a brief explanation of which prefix in a thread pinned to the top titled Prefixes list .
For a quick set up, simple is a good way to go if you don't want to do loads of set up. But if you like slightly longer posts, look into some of the casual or detailed threads, they might take a little longer to set up, however, its worth it, if that suits your style or preferences better.

As for joining roleplays, that comes to surfing through the different boards and seeing if there is anything that stands out to you. This can be done by checking out the interest check sections for each genre. Fantasy and Futuristic/sci-fi.
Thanks, that's a great help.

I do ponder though, is there anything about copyrighting things ? Such as Images for example.

Erm images are a more complex issue. I think most come from Google where not much thought is given to copyright. However, I have seen arguments break out on other forums about artwork taken from DeviantArt without permission of the artist and the images have been removed.

This seems to be a rarity, however, as most images are copied and duplicated without so much as a second glance.

Obviously, if you are worried and find a picture you wish to use but are unsure about, you can always simply read the source's website and see if anything is stating you cannot use it.

If not, but you still want to cover yourself. Supply a link, date of access and credit to the owner of the image like you would do in an academic paper to avoid plagirism. Not many people do this, though, and there are probably issues with images which are simply never followed up, as well the internet is a vast place. Not to mention, as long as you aren't claiming you created the picture or use it for advertising, I don't think there's much of an issue.

In all the years I've been doing this, I can honestly say that I have never been involved in an image dispute. Though I guess, I avoid images and prefer written descriptions.

Anyone else wish to interject? If so, please do, as I could be talking rubbish as this is solely based on my experiences and observations. With stuff like this, it might perhaps be better to approach a moderator. :P

Thank Mr Squid, And Thank you very much for the justification on the matter Loki.

I have not run into issue with copyrighting either long time ago. But the matter of fact was that it was a long time ago since i touched RPing. And well, the internet has grown quite large with copyrighted artwork. Thanks for the clarification.

Ah I wouldn't take my word on it, just trying to help :) .

In fact, you got me thinking so I contacted a Mod to double check, who in turn as forwarded the question on to an admin as technically it's about a legal matter. So I may be completely wrong xD either way, I'm sure we'll find out :) .

Lokipi said:
Well for the beginner section, not so much but we do have prefixes which will help you pick which rp suits your style/wants. An explanation of what each of these prefixes mean (Simple, Casual and Details) can be found in a thread pinned to the top of any of the genre boards titled Prefixes list .
Normally, for minimal setup and reading, simple is a good way to go. But if you like slightly longer posts, look into some of the casual or detailed threads. They might take a little longer to set up, but it's worth it if that suits your style or preferences. But, every GM runs their game slightly differently, so having a quick scan is always recommended.

If there's a rp already up and running that you like the look of, just post in the OOC part of that rp and ask if there's a space :) It's how I get involved in most of my rps :D Some running rps also put *always accepting* or *spaces open* in their title as well, to help get new people in.

I would link things but a lot of different roleplays have different feels. Anything more specific that you like @Allibi ?

As I mean there is House of Cards (Casual) in the fantasy section which currently open, if you want to check that out? :)
Thank you

I will not crush you, but I may have to drown you in confetti. *buries you in truckloads of confetti* I also like fantasy, so we may see each other around.

Karen Wilson]Thank you [/QUOTE] You are very welcome [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/37467-karen-wilson/ said:
@Karen Wilson[/URL] :)

ArcticViolin said:
Hi, Allibi and everyone :)
Lokipi, I had similar questions. That was very informative, thank you :)
Herro @ArcticViolin :) like I said to Karen, you are very welcome. Was my pleasure to help out! Any other questions, don't be a stranger! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back