• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

Johnny Caprice -
" Holt, Duke Maguire's Keep "

"I used to have only polos or squeezed into my shirts for five minutes one horn at a time --- oh, your birthday is this week?!" said Johnny, surprised and laughing a little because Echo forgot. "What day?"

He was already thinking about where he could possibly find a cake in this besieged city. He knew how to cook, but he didn't know how to bake. Nomads don't bake. Oh, but he didn't know what flavor Echo liked, and he didn't have any money right now.

How do reindeer satyrs even celebrate birthdays? Do they celebrate it like how the common folk do with parties, balloons, and cake? Or was it different? In Johnny's culture, a girl became a woman at the age of seventeen, and instead of cake there was a big roasted ox, ice sculptures, and all the food on the table were prey that you yourself hunted if you were a man, or food that you cooked if you were a girl. A gold ring is placed around the celebrant's toe, then she is decorated with henna tattoos, and finally a coat of fine silk and fur is draped around her shoulders.

Would Echo like that? Or would she like a simple dinner like some of his classmates in school who'd go out to eat in a fancy restaurant with just their family and close friends without any cake, but with ice cream and a cupcake that had a single candle?

"And, how does your family celebrate birthdays?" he added casually, but secretly determined to meet whatever her standards were despite his handicap.

- James Pendragon -
" Holt, Duke Maguire's Keep "

"You were a problem child?" said James, surprised. "I could never tell what with your sunny disposition. What were you angry for all the time?" he rested his chin on his knuckles, very curious.

He felt kind of sad that Serena was alone when she was a child, because he also didn't like being alone. That was the deep, deep, reason why he didn't want Renee to go to the Storm Wall in the first place, he was afraid and is still afraid he'd lose her, Seth, and Sen, and then be left with nothing. Because as much as he loved achieving his dreams, books and his summons didn't make him laugh or happy the way his friends and family did.

That was why he was so protective, so busy reading and studying to get stronger, and then helping in the war room earlier to keep them safe.

They had seated themselves around one of the long rectangular tables that had benches instead of chairs a bit far from the soldiers. Sasha was dipping her beak into a little bowl of porridge with strips of raw meat hungrily, while James stirred a mug of coffee.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
-Holt-

"I-it's on...I think it's on the fifth day from now..." Echo mumbled, her ears twitched. With the whole 'secret smuggle the princess into Dalaran' plan, the fawn completely forgot about her birthday. Then again it was a life or death situation they were all in so...remembering her birthday while something serious is happening is not possible for her.

"Ho-how my family celebrates birthdays? Well...we would invite everyone to dance with music, have fun, and drink wine or grape juice for the kids and break plates and cups as a way for cheers... Heheh. The birthday girl or boy would wear something special to show that they were ready for adulthood i-if they were seventeen and would have their first cup of liquor before anyone else starts. I remember one of my cousins getting drunk from that too. She wasn't good at hold her alcohol apparently."

Echo giggled before nuzzling Johnny's shoulder. "But...I don't need a huge celebration. I just want to be together with you, friends and family. That's enough for me." She has a weird feeling that Renee would bake something crazy if she reminded her about her birthday and she wanted to avoid having a huge cake since she doubts everyone in their small group can eat a seven foot tall cake.

Serena nodded, her awkward smile formed into a straight line as she looked over to Sasha eating. "I was angry because no one understood me. I would try to do something nice but everyone thought I was insane. I would try to cheer them up but they thought I'm making fun of them...when I wasn't."

Sighing sadly the blonde stared at her cup of orange juice, her hair veiled her eyes. "I noticed that people understood when I was angry however, so I caused more trouble by breaking things around me. My parents, bless them for being patient, didn't scold me or sent me away; They would try to calm me down and found out that I can express myself better with a violin." Serena then laughed, though it sounded fake and kind of sad.

"Did you know? That night at the castle when I played for you, I sort of put myself into your shoes: How it felt to be misunderstood and to be disliked for it." A blue eye peeked through her blonde hair as she mumbled. Then with a deep breathe, Serena sat up straight and stretched her arms up before relaxing with a wide smile.

"So here's my question: Why are you so protective that you became livid with that awful man at the tournament? I understand it's because he hurt your sister but...to beat him like that?" She wanted to change the subject since she couldn't express what she really felt without her violin and that...was just painful to do if she tried. Serena will admit it: She's too dependent on her violin, but she doesn't care. Her music calms people down and for that is enough to keep her peaceful.

Later that night, the pair talked more. The servant James asked before found a regular violin and gave it to Serena. She practically squeezed his soul out before letting go and tuning it like how she would with her own instrument. Then she played Daughter of the moon, relishing that finally she can express herself in the only way she can.

What she didn't notice is the soldiers and guards were looking over to where the pair was sitting, quieting down as they hear her song. It was like they were entranced by the sad melody; Some would sway their heads while others slowed down their sips and bites of food, wanting to enjoy the tune a bit more before leaving the kitchen. Even the chefs and servants nearby would pause for a few seconds to listen before resuming back to their business.

"Oh Merlin...I need a break..." Renee groaned to her summons who sends her an unimpressed glare and pulled her hair again. She did as much as she could for the medical ward, helping out the witches and warlocks that are certified to heal others with the medicine and closing the wounds...but the fevers on the guys who got poisoned was insane. They felt like a heater or Calcifer on a good day in a hot summer's day.

The winged-teen walked up to the room to where she left before and heard Lydia singing. She pushed the door quietly to come inside and sat on the bed where her little brother is sleeping, leaning against the wall.

"Hey Lydia..." Renee quietly greeted after she finished singing, smiling weakly at the witch. Mica climbed on her head and stared at the new person with a haughty look on it's weasel-like face.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Her gentle melody had died down as she just continued to sweetly hum song when Renee addressed her. She stopped abruptly and turned away from the window, handkerchief still in hand, offering the female Pendragon a soft smile her eyes shifting to the ferret where it perched, her brow furrowing slightly at the appearance of this new critter... and that look on its face.

Her green eyes narrowed slightly before she snorted softly, a slight smirk on her face and returned her attention to Renee, a concerned expression on her face, "hey...." she wasn't really sure what to say. She knew that Renee had liked Seifer and she couldn't imagine how she felt since she had been there and seen it happen. Lydia shuddered slightly and closed her eyes. She wasn't going to bring it up and bit her lip to stop herself from thinking about it either.

Change the subject. She doubted that Renee wanted to think about Seifer anymore than she did. The whole thing made her uncomfortable and she didn't know how to deal with it other than getting frustrated, particularly because she felt like there was something she could do if she had more knowledge. Not being able to attain that knowledge was the problem since she didn't have her glasses. She didn't have her journal, "if you need to sleep... I can go."

Truthfully, she wanted to ask if Renee was okay since she looked drained. But she wasn't sure what made her look drained and didn't want to open anything up. She just kind of stood there awkwardly, her hands fiddling with the handkerchief she was holding."

Katsuya Katsuya Zer0 Zer0

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee noticed the handkerchief in Lydia's hand, how it's crumpled and a bit wet then her smile turned warm and bittersweet. "It's okay, Lydia. I just need to take a breather from working with the medi-witches and nurses downstairs." She wondered if the novice witch actually cared about Seifer too with how quiet she was during the ride then reached a conclusion of her own.

"Are you doing okay?" She asked, tilting her head a bit. Mica let out an annoyed grunt when she did before situating himself again and stared at the new person in the room.

"You know...I'm really happy that I'm not the only one who saw that nice side of Seifer's..." Renee mumbled quietly, not minding on remembering the jerk of an archer. To her, it's okay to remember someone who's gone. In a way, it's like they really did exist with the pain and joy that person left in her heart like her parents and friends who disappeared when the dragon attacked Paroosia.

"Did you know I beat him with a lollipop that had a drug in it? Merlin, he wouldn't shut-up even in a fair duel..."She laughed quietly, her orange eyes glowing dim from the lights that's coming from the battle outside.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia nodded and smiled meekly moving nearer to Renee and taking a seat opposite her, eyeing her new friend warily as the furry creature stared at her. The side of one of her nostrils raised slightly as she continued to return the ferret's gaze. What was its problem? She didn't turn her gaze away, responding to Renee somewhat absently at first, "huh... uh... sure?"

She shook her head slightly as Renee mentioned Seifer, finally prying her eyes away from the creature with the staring problem and looking to Renee, "Oh... um..." She wondered if it could really be called a nice side. She felt it was more like a not quite so snobby side. Though she supposed Renee could be right in her wording. When Seifer had been in her body and came up to her to clean her face while she was in his... he was... gentle? Shy even? It was really strange. Lydia covered her mouth and snorted slightly as she stifled a giggle when she thought about how weird it actually was, "he didn't make it really easy to see though... you had to look pretty hard."

She actually allowed herself to laugh after that. most of the time Seifer made himself really intolerable, so unless there was a willingness, she supposed most of the people in their group hadn't seen that side of him. Renee liked him, so it was pretty obvious that she knew it. Lydia hadn't tried to look, it just sort of happened when their bodies were switched, and while she had lost her temper at him about the journal pages, the rest of the time she found him mostly tolerable if not somewhat irritating... but his snobbishness was also amusing in its own way.

She continued laughing as Renee continued, her previously somber expression lightening, "no, I didn't know that," her expression turned impish as she reveled in the thought of his reaction.

Katsuya Katsuya

-Renee Pendragon-

Renee nodded her head, making Mica grunt again and he slid down to her lap, curling up as he grumbled in a irritated squeaky rumble. "Yea, we were fighting because we made a bet: whoever loses has to do whatever the winner tells them to do for three months." Then she stood up, picking up her now very irritated summons to put on her shoulder as she told Lydia the whole thing.

"So there we were, dueling with our own magic and items at each other and this pervert decided to make my shirt grow bigger with his arrow, slowing me down and I had to tie it up. Then I threw these little bombs that are very sticky at his hands so he couldn't use his rapier and I got us stuck together and we rolled around on the ground." She laughed in mirth.

"Then he opened his mouth and I stuck the lollipop in and clamped his mouth shut. So trust me: I got him to shut up for once...he still thought that it was a fluke; I know it's more of his silliness showing." Mica decided to bite her ear.

"Ow-! Right, so this is Mica, my first summons!" Renee pointed at the agitated ferret who bit her finger again.

Last edited:
-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia's gaze shifted to the ferret again as it voiced its irritation. That attitude. Complaining at the slightest interruption to his comfort... Lydia paused, thinking of someone that similarly complained of things. She smirked slightly, though she thought Seifer just complained because he liked doing it and not actually because he was being inconvenienced.

Her attention returned to Renee and she wondered how far into those three months they actually were... and considered that it didn't really seem like he listened to anything she said. He was a butt. She grimaced as Renee talked about him enlarging her shirt and shook her head, not wanting to think of someone passed as a pervert, but he had taken his own liberties in her body and the thought made her shudder. No, he wasn't that bad. he was just a teenage boy afterall so she guessed it was to be expected, 'ugh... boys are so dumb,' she thought before laughing at the image she pictured of how annoyed Seifer must have looked being stuck to Renee like that.

"You should have kept a bag of those lollipops handy -- at all times -- for everyone's sanity," she laughed wholeheartedly, joking about how he got on everyone's nerves with his attitude, but then her expression turned slightly sad. He may have been annoying, but he was still amusing in his own way, so she definitely agreed with Renee about the silliness.

When the ferret bit Renee's ear, Lydia's eyes widened slightly, and as the Pendragon sister explained, her gaze shifted between the two before she laughed slightly, "are they always this mean?"

Lydia had never dabbled with summoning. She supposed now it was a good idea given the circumstances but her fancy lied in what she deemed as simpler and more harmless spells. She didn't exactly trust herself with a conjured creature, it was likely it would be just as clumsy as her when it came to magic.

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee grinned, petting the ferret's head and feeling her finger be released from his jaws. She noticed that he likes being scratched there and tends to relax.

"No actually. According to Johnny, it depends on what you're feeling and thinking to summon a certain familiar. You can guess why Mica is the way he is since ...you know..." She hinted, hearing Mica snorting and felt him actually nuzzle her neck though hesitantly like he wasn't used to it.

"If you want, I can tell you how Johnny taught me to summon, if you ever want to know how." The winged teen grinned at Lydia, happy that she managed to make her laugh. "Though...I guess you need your book...and glasses first..."

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Her expression muted somewhat, losing the cheer it had a moment before, but she nodded her understanding, looking away, "I don't know..." She spoke slightly sadly and uncertain, rubbing her arm slightly as her green eyes searched the floor absently.

She looked back to Renee at the mention of her glasses and groaned, "yeah... the library here is ridiculous. There's so much... and I thought I might find a book on shadow magic... you know... in case there's a chance..." She bit her lower lip and raised herself from her seat, heading for the window and peering out at the dark sky, "but what are the chances of us getting back out there before reinforcements arrive... it's a suic--"

Lydia stopped herself from saying anything else. They already lost one of their team and she definitely didn't want to lose someone else when the most important things they had were already there, "those things can be replaced..." she spoke unconvincingly and sadly. She definitely wanted her book back, and the ogre tome. Both had so much important information in them, it was heartbreaking not having them.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
Ah...and now she understands why Lydia was quiet this whole time. Renee stood next to the novice witch by the window and sighed. "It's okay. I'm scared of losing people too..." She admitted. The winged teen stayed quiet for a moment thinking about something before opening her mouth to talk again

"Other than guarding the princess to safety, do you know the other reason why James is taking me to Dalaran too?" Renee wanted to trust Lydia about Sunny, the manna tree and why she was determined to go on this journey before the tournament.

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia shrugged her shoulder uncomfortably, leaning her cheek into it and cringing slightly. The whole idea of losing someone still felt so foreign, it was like she wasn't even in her own body. Her arms had crossed over her chest again and she squeezed on the handkerchief unconsciously, but she turned her face towards Renee and offered an faint, awkward smile. Renee didn't exactly say she didn't think it was possible so maybe there was still hope.

The novice witch, could be shadow caster didn't touch on her thoughts, shaking her head as Renee spoke again. Since she had been away when everything happened and it had taken her some time to catch up to them all again, she had missed out on a lot and she guessed that James didn't tell her anything that she didn't really need to know, especially if she wasn't going to stay and had instead chosen to go home before they had left the castle.

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee's smile changed into a serious frown, now looking out the window. "...It's because there's a survivor from the dragon attack and he knows what happened to my dad..." She quietly told her, explaining what happened on that horrible day. On how she heard a small voice guiding her inside the manna tree, saw a large as a city egg waiting to hatch and killing the manna tree by sucking it's magic. How she helped the tree itself and let it down when she distracted the dragon from the flying castle, letting the dragon take Sunny away.

"Sunny, the manna tree, told me to go and find the aged author who is over the very dangerous Storm wall. I want to get rid of that blooming dragon to keep my brothers safe and if that means going to the storm wall, I'll do it." Renee glared at the smoke where the battle is at currently.

Then she looked over at Lydia with a small smile. "I'm sorry for telling you all of this after...Yea...but I wanted to let you know what I'm planning to do...don't worry I don't expect anyone coming with me." Renee would understand if the young witch hits her for doing a suicidal mission by going to the monsoon seasonal waters but she's not changing her mind about this.

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia was wringing the handkerchief all over again. She hadn't met Howl but she had idolized him for as long as she could remember and she felt an empty hollow in her stomach... but she pushed it down, reserving the same hope that she had for Seifer. Her eyes closed and she swallowed hard as she listened to Renee.

When her eyes opened, she was staring down at her hands, she had been squeezing the hankie so hard for so long that her hands had developed matching patterns from the folds of the fabric, her knuckles white and the imprint of her fingernails on her palms.

She then looked up at Renee, her brow furrowed and she did something that despite how cheerful and easily accepting as Lydia was, she didn't frequently do. She reached out and wrapped Renee in her arms, squeezing her tightly and laughing dryly, "Renee... you can't honestly think that after... after everything we have all gone through together, you and the others more so than myself -- that anyone, ANYONE, would let you go on this crazy mission alone?"

Lydia knew she wasn't as close with the others as they were with each other. They had all known each other for what was obviously longer than the short time she had known them and she guessed it could have been for years from what she had gathered, but that didn't stop her from caring about them, "I've never really had friends... no one really got me. But it's not that way with you guys... not even Seifer treated me like I was weird... well any weirder than the rest of you," she laughed with a bit more feeling, though some of that feeling was a little sad, leaning back from Renee so she could look her in the face, "if I can do anything to keep from losing another of you... I'd do it in a heartbeat."

Katsuya Katsuya

Lydia surprised Renee with the hug, Mica grumbled as he was jostled from the squeeze and climbed on her head again. The ferret glared down at the two girls while having his nose up, looking all snobbish like he just stepped in something bad. The Pendragon sister stood very still before smiling warmly as her eyes went a bit teary and hugged her back.

"Oh Lydia, that's...that's...-sniff- Honestly Lydia you are as sweet as buttercream. You really are." She squeezed a bit tighter as she snuggled on the witch's head and leans back to see her face as well. "I didn't want to bring anyone in more danger than they already are. It's up to you if you do want to come with me but...know that you're my friend and I care about your safety too." Mica, having enough of their sweet moment of friendship, bit on her left wing and yanked. He didn't like it when his summoner moves so much, preferring that she stayed in place so he could sleep.

"Ow-! Mica, stop biting me."

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia had half the thought that the ferret would bite her too, but was thankful that it didn't. He reminded her of her mother's cat... which she had also compared to Seifer. She wondered if the two would get along... though Empress was somewhat less bitey and more scratchy.

Renee's return of the hug was unexpected. But it was really welcome, a hug from a friend. it was the first that she could recall and her own eyes grew teary as well. When Renee told her she was sweet, Lydia couldn't help but laugh in embarrassment and use her worn hankie to wipe her eye slightly, her cheeks reddening in embarrassment, "I don't... it's just -- it's the truth."

Lydia glanced to Mica as he started picking on Renee again and made a face, her nose wrinkling up as her eyes narrowed and her lips pursed for a moment before she smiled gently to the Pendragon sister again, "you know we are stronger as a team... I mean, think of all that we've accomplished working together," even just herself, Renee, and Seifer had managed to knock out an Ogre. Granted, Lydia hadn't done much that time, she was still present! "safety in numbers and all that!"

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee nodded, ignoring the irritated ferret that's on her head and his grumbles. "Still very sweet of you....You do have a point but...I don't want to force anyone if they don't want to come." She admitted before hugging her again. "All I do know is that the king, before he died, and other royals agreed to send a boat filled their best soldiers and generals and I want to go with them. I have to go with them..."

Mica, once again, grumbled and climbed down to Renee's shoulders to stare at Lydia as if he was telling her 'Stop making her move so much! It's annoying!'

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
She nodded her head slightly, "I know... I couldn't see you really forcing anyone... and I know most of us would probably try to stop you... but I understand why you want to go... and if you are that adamant about it, maybe some of the others will get it too."

Her hands moved to hold Renee's, "when I told James I was going to stay, even though he gave me the option to go home before I got involved... it was because despite having a family -- people that loved me and tolerated my peculiarities -- I didn't belong, not really. Going back to that... being alone even when I wasn't... I just couldn't do it," she let go of Renee as she spoke passionately, stuttering over her words slightly as she drew them together and put feeling into them, "I'd rather be in danger. I'd rather be around people that don't see my peculiarities. I'd rather live a short life feeling like I belong somewhere than live to a hundred with just books to keep me company."

Her eyes followed Mica as he shifted to Renee's shoulders and she snorted a soft giggle as he stared at her, "geez..." she resisted the urge to call him a butt.

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee was touched by Lydia's small speech, her smile grew as her heart melted by her words. She really is sweet and the winged teen got a bit angry at the people around the novice witch for outcasting her like that. Honestly people this days.

"Yea...James really tried to stop me before too...Let's just say he took a drastic choice and it sort of backfired in a bad way." She still has the pink and faded scars on her back from the hitman's fight in the tournament and there's no way she's going to bring that mess up.

"But...he told me that he'll accompany me up to the port and if there's a way to cross safely, then he'll come with me too." She explained, smiling at Lydia as she giggled at her summons and giggled as she nuzzled him. "I know...I don't blame you if you call him a jerk- Ow! Okay, okay, stop with the biting on my wings, you troll- Ow! Ugh!"

Renee groaned in defeat as Mica yanks on her wing again before laughing quietly and scratching his head again. That's when Mica let's go to lean in the touch with a happy smug smile on his face. Her eyes looked a bit misty before grabbing Mica by his scruff and curled her arms under his legs like she was cradling him.

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia was good at that. Speeches. Maybe it was just the years of reading and writing transferring into speech. Usually she stopped herself because she didn't want to digress, but sometimes her thoughts got the better of her and she let it all out. She frowned slightly, she felt like James would only do what he did because he thought it was necessary... but the fact that it backfired was a bit disheartening. Lydia looked up to James for many reasons and she felt that he looked out for all of them like family, even the ones that weren't actually family.

She nodded as Renee talked about how James said he would go with her if there was a way to cross safely. She wasn't really surprised and she continued to giggle and shook her head as Renee's attention turned to Mica, "gosh he's mean!" Lydia couldn't even imagine trying to work with a summons like that. She shook her head slightly bewildered at the idea.

She sighed slightly and looked back to the window, "you know... I know James probably won't like the idea... but I'd really like to get our stuff," Lydia huffed gently and crossed her arms over the cream colored blouse she wore before pressing her lips together in a line, "I feel like everyone will think I'm mad... because of that and the shadow magic thing..." she sounded slightly sad. She was used to people thinking she was weird or crazy, but not these guys and she didn't want them to think of her that way.

Katsuya Katsuya

"Yea...he is, but that's okay. He helped me a lot today so I don't mind if he's a bit grumpy." Renee giggled again as Mica let out a snobbish 'hmph!' at Lydia and she nuzzled him again before letting him relax in her arms. Then she raised her eyebrow in disbelief as Lydia told her of her worries and snorted in amusement.

"James has a very aggressive war beast summons; Seth pranks on James and experimented on him by putting questionable stuff in his drinks and food; Johnny is afraid of girls and is going out with a very self-conscious satyr. I like a jerk and I have a jerk summons. Lydia, you are the most sane one here. Even if they didn't support you, I would still help you and pass you books about shadow magic behind their backs if that's what it took." Renee wasn't kidding: Lydia really is the sane one in this group of weirdos and risk-takers.

"Besides...I want my sketchbook back...and my bow too..." Renee mumbled as she petted Mica absentmindedly.

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
"I guess that's why he keeps biting you? He just wants to rest and we're keeping him up?" She smiled faintly and watched him as he seemed to calm down a bit. She looked back to Renee as she snorted and then listed why everyone else in the group is weird, laughing and shaking her head.

"Well... when you put it that way..." Renee's words actually did make her feel a little braver. It wasn't like she wanted to use the same type of magic that had been used on Seifer, she was just certain that since they were dealing with someone that used magic to bring dead things back to life that he would likely do the same to Seifer and if anything that was described to them of how he died was as she thought it was, she felt like there could be a chance to reverse the process, to put his soul back in his body and maybe free him of an awful fate. Of course it was all just supposition and wishful thinking, but it didn't hurt to try.

Lydia, for the first time since she had arrived at the keep, tucked the handkerchief in her pants' pocket and placed her hands on her hips, "well then... how should we go about this? Should we convince the others?" she thought it was absolute lunacy to try and get their things on their own, but with the princess at least relatively safe for the time being, this might be their only chance to get back their things sooner rather than later.

Katsuya Katsuya

"Maybe..." Renee answered back, looking down at her tired summons before looking back up at the witch, grinning. "Yea, we should. Maybe we should ask Johnny to come with us too since he knows where our stuff is buried." She suggested, now feeling a bit more awake and less tired.

"Now, other than convicing the others, the only problem we have is how to get our stuff and bring them in Holt without being shot down or be spotted by that blasted Deathknight." The winged teen reminded Lydia as she couldn't exactly forget about that evil being...for obvious reasons.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Lydia nodded, Renee did have a point. What use would it be to make it out of the city again only to not know where their stuff was buried. They would only have a vague idea from where James had told Johnny to bury the things, then they would have to keep a look out for an area that looked like it could have stuff buried beneath it.

She hadn't felt tired despite everything, and now she definitely wasn't tired, it was work mode. She had a task at hand and would probably stay awake till she just couldn't anymore. That just meant she would have a good sleep when she finally did.

The novice witch nodded to the points that Renee made, her head tilting downwards slightly as her arms once again folded over her chest, one of her hands raising to her face as she held her chin thoughtfully, her index finger hooked in front of her lower lip, "maybe we don't have to go through the air? Is there some sort of sewer system in Holt?"

Her mind continued to try to process their options, there were numerous she could think of, but she wasn't sure if any of them were even plausible, "a large enough distraction to one side of the enemy formation and we can sneak out on the other side?"

She supposed if they could shrink all of their things, they could send Johnny out with whomever could shrink their stuff and Sasha could carry them as mice, but they had already used that so much and Sasha had been working so hard, she was probably tired so that just wouldn't do.

Renee listened to Lydia's ideas, nodding on some of the plans she's making. "But to create a distraction that large? We would something to catch their attention that quickly and the only thing they would want is the princess..." She's not willing to use Mia as bait if that was the case.

"And even if we don't use someone as bait, how would we create a large enough distraction? So the sewer system sounds like a good idea...for now..." She wasn't really good at planning strategies like her brother or Seifer, preferring to just go straight through and finish it quickly as she can. "We could use the night time as a disguise but then we need light and that's not a good idea because of enemies walking around..."

"We should ask James if there's a way to grab our stuff and bring it back here." Renee suggested.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

-Duke Maguire's Keep-
Brainstorming was the best. She had learned from working with James on the spell circle that it was much easier coming up with ideas when one was working with another, like the saying goes, two heads are better than one, and together... well their group had a lot of heads.

Lydia looked at Renee with her eyes wide. She couldn't believe that Renee would think she was crazy enough to suggest using the princess as bait after what they all have been through just getting her there, "No. No! Of course not!" She waved her hands in front of her face and shook her head before she continued a little more calmly, "we could use an explosion... if we targeted a trebuchet towards the enemy armory... it would just seem like Holt was attacking better..." of course, Lydia didn't know if the city even had one available, or if they did, if it would even be in a good proximity to the enemy camp where they could get a hit off on the enemy armory using whatever knowledge they could get from Seth, Serena, and Renee as far as how the camp was set up.

Look at her being little miss warfare. The idea was completely absurd. Wasn't she just talking about how she wasn't a battlemage? She snorted at herself for a moment. She didn't know anything about battle. What was she even talking about? She had to stifle a soft laugh before she refocused her attention on Renee, "I can go to the library and see if they have any copies of city schematics and sewer maps... but I'll have to leave that to the rest of you to look over," she gestured at her face and her lack of glasses.

She nodded some more as Renee continued, her brow furrowing slightly in thought, "yeah... James probably would have some good suggestions," in all honesty, she felt like they had enough resources between them that they might actually be able to manage this. They just had to be clever about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back