Howdy, I'm new.

KennyKoala

I'm Junk. End of story.
Howdy, I guess.

So i was 'website surfing' as I call it, and I found this website and signed up. It looks like Good roleplaying site! And I'm assuming people like this place, so I have a few questions.

Do role-plays require character forums? I'm pretty sure they do, just double checking.

Is this site completely roleplaying?

If there are too many God-modders or power-players,what happens to them? Just curious.

I think that's about it, so I think i'll do my intro now.

My Nickname is Kenny, as it has been for 6 years straight.

I have many OCs, as I am guessing other have. ( Original Characters )

I type fast, sorry if I screw up somewhere

I.....I guess that's it I'll say.

So..

Howdy.

~Kenny

Howdy! My nickname IRL is Kestrel, and people here have shortened it to Kes.

Most roleplays require a CS, but I've run across a few who don't like to use them.

This site is completely dedicated to roleplaying, but people can and do talk and make friends with each other OOC.

Whoever starts a roleplay can choose to reject or accept potential characters, so if one is overpowered, they can reject it, and tell them why. If a character seems fine at first, and then gets to powerful, the moderator can let them know, and if it doesn't stop, they might be removed from the roleplay. Most people add no God-moding to the rules to prevent this, though.

Hey, Kenny.

I'm a new arrival of today and just browsing other user introductions. I think the real question is... If a Mary Sue takes damage in a forest and nobody's around to see... Does she still take damage? lol

How long have you been roleplaying?

I see that Kestral has responded to these questions and has done an excellent job with them. I'll give you a bit more information from our end.

KennyKoala said:
Do role-plays require character forums? I'm pretty sure they do, just double checking.
I am not entirely positive what you mean by character forums however, each RP is created by a user who has specific rules concerning characters. Many RPs do require an original character and the GM will create a character sheet for his/her RP that s/he wants you to use. Some GMs will create several characters for his/her RP that you can then pick and choose to play in that RP. Others yet create a fandom RP that uses cannon characters. For example, if someone were to create a Belgariad RP with cannon characters, you might choose to be Garion while someone else plays his wife C'enedra.

Is this site completely roleplaying?
We are a site dedicated to role-playing in all its various forms. We mostly focus on role-playing itself but we do have a lot of tutorials to help people with all aspects of their role-playing experience. If you want to improve your writing, we have forums for that, if you want to create an RP, we have forums that discuss that as well. Just look under role-play suport under the Forums tab.

If there are too many God-modders or power-players,what happens to them? Just curious.
God modding is a definite no-no. Most GMs do not allow it in their RPs. GMs are allowed to god-mode characters but that's about it. When it comes to an RP, GMs have the finaly say in what goes on their RP. As staff, we don't get involved unless something occurs with a user that breaks site rules. So if you're in an RP and someone god-modes you, then you inform the GM and the GM handles it. Sometimes too, people accidently do it. But usually, another player will ask you if s/he can god-mode your character for a scene. I know that I will only let people I trust to god-mode my characters, and those are the people with whom I RP every day and have role-played with everyday for the last several years. :)

Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to RP Nation, where Roleplay is our business.

You've found us, congratulations for choosing the best RP site on the whole intertubes, we're glad you're here and a part of the expanding universe that is RP Nation. Also, now you're officially one of the cool kids.

Before you being your quest to becoming one of the old hats here at RPN, please do take a second and take a look at the site rules. You can find them here: INFO - Official Site Rules | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum.

Unlike the Pirate code, they aren't more like suggestions but rules that we take a bit seriously. If, however, you've got a few pieces of eight you'd like to swing our way, we're always more than happy to take it. (I said, the rules weren't suggestions, never said we weren't piratey mate).

Once you've had a glance over the rules there's more information to be had here: Site Questions & Information | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum. You can find something there to answer just about any question you might have.

Now then, I know that you have to answers that you're wanting answered now and the first is, you can join any RP that is open. You can find the different RP genres here: Roleplays | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

They're set up by genre so if you're looking for that Belgariad fandom RP (sorry, none yet exists here) then you'll know you aren't going to be looking in the futuristic genre. Each genre has an interest check at the top of the page and you can peruse this to see if anyone is wanting to create an RP.

If you are trolling the RPs and you just gotta make your own futuristic version of the Elenium, then you can pick the genre (future or fandom? I don't know!) and create an interest check. In the interest check you can tell the whole world about your RP and what you want to do with it. If you get enough people to say Aye! then you create your RP.

If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with either the moderators of your forum (the genre), the Super moderators, or even the admin staff. You can do that here: Site Questions & Information

If you have any questions you need to address to me, please tag me in your comments as I don't always get to every single response in every welcome thread and I end up missing a lot of questions. You can do that by using the @ before my handle.

Again, welcome to RPN and happy RPing.

Xylin

Department of Human Resources

Okay, i come back ina week and I have junk and people saying Hi. YAY!

Thanks all of you!

Also, I have been roleplaying for about 2 1/2 years in a half, I guess I could estimate.

KennyKoala said:
Also, I have been roleplaying for about 2 1/2 years in a half, I guess I could estimate.
I'm bad at math, but that's....

..One and a quarter years? ^^;

Yes we will overwhelm you with greetings muhaha! Welcome to the Nation, there are a lot of great people here as you've no doubt guessed, and many many resources as Sunkissed and Xylin have pointed out.

I forgot about this for a long time and yes, i think that is quarter year ( it's been a long time, and i've taken breaks form it often so it might not be accurate xD )

Now i need to start joining some roleplays.

there are too many.

must go slow.

must not be sanic and scroll down too quickly.

( zooms back ) ... ( considers starting a roleplay, but isn't sure what 'cause is new to rpn )

( decides on finishing that new avatar that was drawing on dA muro )

might see who turns up for a 1x1 , maybe i can look for some friends of mine who want to role or something.

k bak to the stupid dA muro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back