• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help How to post coding for distribution?

Elowyn

word weaver
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Anyone give me help with how to post code so others can use it, thx!!

Another tip - even without using the code or plain tags, you can see other people's codes just by hitting the Reply button and looking at the quoted text.

another option is that if you want to keep it compact, you can paste and link it from something like pastebin

Ok, just to double check all coding on this site is public use? What if the coder says explicitly that some of them are private codes???

Ok, just to double check all coding on this site is public use? What if the coder says explicitly that some of them are private codes???
We aren't able to enforce it. We can only enforce putting credit with the code. If they don't want it to be publicly used, they should avoid posting it on their bbcode thread.

Codes must be licensed under some form of Creative Commons license (I would imagine an equivalent is also acceptable). The exact terms are up to the user; by default, attribution is required (I waive the requirement for attribution on my codes, for instance).

I'm not sure what the staff's stance on codes taken with attribution but without permission is. The recent announcement suggests that a user does not have the right to prevent somebody from copying their code, so long as they provide attribution, which seems very permissive and in contradiction with practice for many users.

EDIT: I re-read the rules, seems like nobody can indeed forbid anyone from copying their code, so long as attribution is provided.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back