how to decide on a new gods stats?

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
im writing up stats for a god im writing up.

can you give me advise for how to decide essence and abilitys

the god I've concieved is the god of a village, and im trying to make him or her potent enough without giving into the whining child within me that wants to give him endowment and scourge, and a host of succesors to those charms.

im writing up stats for a god im writing up.
can you give me advise for how to decide essence and abilitys

the god I've concieved is the god of a village, and im trying to make him or her potent enough without giving into the whining child within me that wants to give him endowment and scourge, and a host of succesors to those charms.
He can do anything the greatest headman the village ever had could do.  Then a little more.  Figure up what the "heroic mortal" stats for a heroic headman would be.  Then pick 1-3 Charms as appropriate.

If the village isn't very large, I'd say start him at Essence 2, then follow mem's suggestions.  Iif it's an actual TOWN (say, 500 people or so), I could see him being Essence 3 and having a couple more Charms.

By way of example: I statted the city father of Cherak for my game.  There are about 8,000 people in the city proper, and it's recently been liberated from the oppressive Dragon-Blooded satrap, so worship's a little more common now.  I made him Essence 3, gave him high ratings in Sail, Melee, and a couple other abilities, and have him about a dozen Charms.  He won't whip an Exalt any time soon... but he could make or break the city on his own, more than likely.

thanks for your advice

this guys a bit of a paradox.

hes a relatively minor god, but quite potent compared to most of the others he meets.

since he doesnt , on a regular basis encounter his superiors, or exalts.

one more thing.

Do you think gods can wield thaumatalagy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back