how to change member's titles within roleplays

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinkx

amateur sleuth
hi, my name is jinkx, and today, i will be showing you how to use one of my favourite features within a roleplay. there is probably a better more detailed explanation somewhere else on the site but i'd like to contribute anyway. i hope this helps somebody out! 

firstly, go to your roleplay. there should be a bit that looks like this:

View attachment 166054

i'm using one of my roleplays as an example! if you click on roleplay management, you should access a drop-down menu that looks like this:

View attachment 166055

there are many things you can do and control within a roleplay but today, we are simply looking at one of the features i find fun! you want to click on the bar that says "manage members". it should send you to a page listing everybody in your roleplay. it should look like this:

View attachment 166058

you our see where it says title next to the user's display name? this is the bit we're going to be editing, so that you can give your friends fun nicknames within roleplays or make sure everybody vital to the roleplay stands out. click on the pencil next to the player who's title you want to change! for this example, i'll change my own title!

View attachment 166062

clicking the pencil should send you to a page that looks like this. next, you simply change the "custom member title" to whatever you want. for this example, we will change my member title to something like this:

View attachment 166060

you simply click save and huzzah! you have officially changed the custom member title within your roleplay. whenever they post in the roleplay, it should look like this:

View attachment 166061

thank you for reading. remember to use rpnation responsibly! :D  

View full tutorial

Anybody know how to do this? The pics arent available anymore

Anybody know how to do this? The pics arent available anymore

Hoyo.

I could be wrong, but it doesn't look like this is a feature of basic roleplays on the site. I've checked every square inch of my active RP's and there's no "roleplay management" option anywhere. I believe this is a Hosted Project only feature.

If you'd like confirmation from an Admin you can open a ticket with the entire Staff, or the Admins specifically, and they'll be happy to respond.

Cheers!

This thread refers to an outdated feature that was available in 2016. It no longer exists in the current software.

Going to lock and archive this thread later on, to not cause further confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back